Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

I have a sneaking suspicion that doing anything with the Elfways right now is a bad idea. Remember:

Loel posted:

our friend from Agatha’s World loves elves.

Let's go mix our legends and cleanse the hydra Gorgon with fire, then harness all that delicious free-floating psychic energy to blow the webways to loving shreds. Then we pull the baby god from the wreckage and put a void bullet in its skull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
We could use the Abrogate souls as homing beacons. They're slippery and gets stuck inside of everything, including gorgon.
Take a play from Anna's book with the box that smells like souls but is really just a bomb. In this case its a soul powered void bomb.
Have that tasty box make its way through the webways towards Oneoh's worlds or the heart of Acheron.
Maybe we could even bait ol'Slanny and have Gorgon and the Prince of Pleasure collide with the box like two halves of a nuke.

Contrived maybe, but Ohone's strength lies not in massive fleets or territory. Her power lies in making an absolute mess of everything at the exact wrong spot.

Ask Anna to summon an avatar of her Patron to discuss a deal on how to bait out slaneesh. Trade is the prince's domain after it is deposed

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

I didn't mean go right now, deal with our real problems the elfways can be the ending

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Basically, watch Groundhog Day, and then watch Looper :D You keep going back in time to restart things, and you remember things, but the ending/beginning is always the same. Ohone and Fabiyan, circling circling ...

Django Jane

You could only stare at her wordlessly.

Anna angrily wiped at her face. “Never mind. We need to get going soon.”
You blinked. “This is Hades, I thought no one could find us here.”
“Us, yes. The Beast, we need to get moving.”
“Why? We killed the Acheronic fleet, and then your … public event.”
“And such a fine job, too. Nonetheless, we should be leaving soon.”

You narrowed your eyes. “Why.”
“Just trust me, all right?” She was looking elsewhere, distracted.
“That has to be the stupidest thing you’ve ever said to me.”
She blinked, ran the words back. Barked a laugh. “Fair enough. But you’ve got a pretty good bind on me, and I would rather be out of here before Sol wakes up.”

You looked at her curiously. “What even is in there?”
“Never gotten close enough to find out. But when I see a mountain get up and start moving, I decide to leave.”
You nodded. “Your biggest failure, in my opinion. You gotta jump at that mountain. And challenge it to a fight.”
She stared at you.

You nodded again, more firmly. “Just walk right up to it. Punch it in the face.”

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Loel posted:

You nodded again, more firmly. “Just walk right up to it. Punch it in the face.”

1) Welcome Back!

2) What do we have that could possibly fight a birthing dark god, emerging from a black hole?

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Can't do it. Throwing any form of attack at it in thd physical realm will only feed it. Gamma Ray Burst? A light snack. Collide it with another black hole? They Fusion Dance into a doubly badass black hole.

We're gonna have to murder Baby Whatsit with Acheron stuff.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Blasphemaster posted:

Can't do it. Throwing any form of attack at it in thd physical realm will only feed it. Gamma Ray Burst? A light snack. Collide it with another black hole? They Fusion Dance into a doubly badass black hole.

We're gonna have to murder Baby Whatsit with Acheron stuff.

Graze it with virtual matter? Like a whole hell of a lot?

Might take a while.

:sigh: At least no one proposed to ride it.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Don't we have guns that murder the fabric of reality?

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
Singularity is unreality already. Better bet would be to set up some massive grav emitters and try to un-blackhole it. Pull it apart and disperse the matter.

Not a lot of time though...

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Get Loki on the phone, ask how to destroy a black hole.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
We don’t even know if it’s immediately malevolent!
Long term of course it is, because this is 40k, and also we cannot countenance another rival to ultimate power.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Kite the acheronic gods into it (or vice versa)

Question Time fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Mar 23, 2018

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Hera: nope, not doing it
Loki: going nowhere near it
Anna: leaving right now
Ohone: ...
Ohone: imma kill it

:psyduck:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

KNOCK IT OFF COURSE!

Fling it at Andromeda or some poo poo. That place sucks. Only like 2(?) original sapient races I mean wtf Bioware.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Loel posted:

Hera: nope, not doing it
Loki: going nowhere near it
Anna: leaving right now
Ohone: ...
Ohone: imma kill it

:psyduck:

Tell Sincera to invite it over for tea, sweets, and knitting.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

CourValant posted:

This is worth trying just on the off chance it pays off.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
"Well, always a day for new things. A baby imprints on the first thing it sees and you are gonna help me be that thing."

Have Anna act as a psionic conduit/buffer/fuse to let us say hello to our baby

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

CourValant posted:

Bring our ship to just outside the event horizon, drop some Darjeeling, yarn, and needles, and shout "What makes a human?" really loudly.

If we don't like the answer start Home Movie Night.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Blasphemaster posted:

KNOCK IT OFF COURSE!

Fling it at Andromeda or some poo poo. That place sucks. Only like 2(?) original sapient races I mean wtf Bioware.

:discourse:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
The one time I advocate for diplomacy....

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Arkanomen posted:

I don't know if I'd consider 'adopting' a cosmic horror from beyond time and space, 'diplomacy'.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Arkanomen posted:

... we instantly recognize that you've been replaced by an impostor and start shooting, yes. What can I say, you've trained us well.

But hey, it would be better than our current pseudo-daughter, whatsername the Iron Man abomination. We should upgrade!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Punch reality in the face

You cocked your head. “Don’t think, however, that you’ve distracted me fully with this new and interesting thing. You brought it up right as we got to the interesting questions of who you are, and we’re coming back to it.”
A ghost of a smile flickered across her face. “Of course.”
“Now then. Drive me closer so I can hit it with my sword.”

“Can’t say I know what sword you’d use on it, sister. It’s a time-accelerated black hole born in the death of a trillion souls.”
You pursed your lips. “It’s a thing the Commissars say … never mind. Probably a few years since you heard Fabiyan say it.”
Anna paused. “That was rude.”
“Good, we’ve reestablished who is in charge. And I want to investigate this thing.”

She gave a small shrug. “I am compelled to obey. Traditional approaches to get closer would be using Loki or Hera to teleport closer, my Acheronic powers, or an actual ship such as the Beast or Olympus. The Beast will take months, and Loki and Hera refused last time I checked. As for myself … I would prefer not to.”
“Be calling yourself a scrivener next. No, I might have you come along.”
“Anyone else you want to bring on this highly probably ride to death? Or will it be just us girls?”

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Any way to talk to the thing from out here?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Loel posted:

“Anyone else you want to bring on this highly probably ride to death? Or will it be just us girls?”

"Would anyone else even have a remote chance of surviving? Maybe Fabs and Centurion? Limosa and Ching will have their minds fried before they can even get their bearings?"

Arkanomen posted:

Any way to talk to the thing from out here?

:cthulhu:

"Bllaaaaarrrggghhuuuuurrrraaazzz . . . "

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Let's adopt the baby Azathoth.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Blasphemaster posted:

YES THIS. It is a creature born from the death of a trillion human souls. Human souls that cry for vengeance! Souls that cry out to be avenged! Souls that believed in a better future! The Human God!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
messing with crazy black hole gods is lame let's just heist some poo poo nice and proper like in the good old days. Stealing nukes, stealing souls, same diff

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I am down with plan Adopt-a-godbaby

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Gwaihir posted:

messing with crazy black hole gods is lame let's just heist some poo poo nice and proper like in the good old days. Stealing nukes, stealing souls, same diff

We can steal more if we have a God on supernatural lookout...

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Gwaihir posted:

Think about it this way: stealing some nukes? Any dime-a-dozen megalomaniac can swing that one. Grabbing a hive? Maybe takes a little bit of vision. Nabbing the Lord-Sire, Inquisitor, and Magos titles? Pretty impressive. But how many self-made mad tyrants can claim to have stolen a god? Much less a god that they created?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Blasphemaster posted:

Gwaihir posted:

Stealing nukes, stealing souls, same diff

Hexenritter posted:

I am down with plan Adopt-a-godbaby

Karia posted:

But how many self-made mad tyrants can claim to have stolen a god? Much less a god that they created?

:colbert:

No.

Do you want to walk into a TPK again? Because this is how you walk into another TPK.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

According to Anna, timespace is our bitch and keeps going in circles for us. We'll respawn in an alternate universe or some bullshit at a checkpoint if poo poo goes wrong.

All joking aside, we totally are this thing's momma. We blew up the Earth and then turned Sol into a singularity. It exists as a direct result of our actions. Let's go give it a hug. Saturn looks like it would make a good rattle, and we can mine the oort cloud for binky material.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
I don't post here much, but I want to say this thread is fractal madness, keep it up.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
it ain't a circle, its a flush

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Imagine four demonstars at the edge of a cliff

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Flush Sol directly into Acheron to see what happens

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

You would have frowned, if you had the muscles to connect.

<Internal Diagnostic check complete>

<All sensors functional.>

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

<Sensory report>

<Gravities: 0>

<Temperature: 0 >

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU