Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Karia posted:

Brainbox Blackfinger, then pipe a simulation of the real world from our perspective in and do what he does, because it'll probably be smarter than anything we come up with.

Auto pilot nice, isn't blackfinger Hex's character? So He finishes up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

CourValant posted:

So, Vote: All in favor of brain-boxing Arkanomen?

*in my best dale gribble*
"What makes you think we all arent already brain boxed?*

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Arkanomen posted:

*in my best dale gribble*
"What makes you think we all arent already brain boxed?*

. . . hold ma beer . . .

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

We should pop out and immediately contact Blackfinger so our godbaby can have a name.

I think that was the deal? Maybe?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

The Rabbit Plan

“She appears to be heading directly into the black hole.” Only someone who knew him well would have noticed the tension in Fabiyan’s voice.
Centurion’s eyes didn’t leave the screen. “Patience.”
A bit more tension, this time. “I would prefer not to have to resurrect her again. That kind of thing has always been touch and go.”
A faint smile. “She’s come back, what, four times now? Five? More lives than her flourocats.”
“Still. Asking the universe to blink again feels a bit much.”

A pause, and then Centurion nodded. “Ah, there it is.”
Fabiyan focused, his face showing the faintest startlement. “She … didn’t go in?”
“She didn’t go in. Whatever she was looking for, she found it in Mars space. Well before the event horizon. Now she’s heading back.”
A flood of relief swept through Fabiyan’s body. “Oh. Good.”

-

They had assembled the full welcoming, of course. Twenty one members of the chamber orchestra, playing the traditional pieces of the Beast. Limosa, Fabiyan, Centurion. A gaggle of other staffers and Family members. Bricellus and his Black Priests. They filled the great room, making it almost feel cramped in comparison to the usual vastness.

The airlocks opened, and Anna strolled out, smiling. Most of the crowd fell back a step, even as they remembered her chain. A bound sorceress was still a sorceress, and she had been attacking the fleet only a few days ago. She tipped an imaginary hat to them, smiling all the while, and Fabiyan was watching her with cold eyes.

And then, Ohone. Still wearing her combat gear, still bloody from the fight, her eyes were bright with an almost feverish intensity. She looked like she had gone up the mountain and come back with a whole bunch of divine truths she wasn’t expecting. In some ways, it was even scarier than Anna, but the Family held their ground. They had sworn their oaths, and she was the Lord-Sire.

“Permission to come aboard?”
Fabiyan could feel that almost-smile play across his face. “Granted.”

-

kay, we're done with timey-wimey. from everyone else's viewpoint (even Anna), we approached the blackhole and came back. for us, we remember our conversation with spooky voice

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Talk with Anna in private again about what went down.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Loel posted:

kay, we're done with timey-wimey. from everyone else's viewpoint (even Anna), we approached the blackhole and came back. for us, we remember our conversation with spooky voice

Good, let's move the plot forward.

Time for another knitting circle; let's plan the next phase of expansion, see who we can divert to run the day-to-day business of reestablishing our 'Empire', and begin planning how we want to repay those outstanding favors.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Wait. We appear to gave gone in and out of the Black Hole what where Terra used to be, but we're observed doing Mars stuff?

Either we're being hosed with or someone hosed with the ship sensors.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Actually entering the black hole was never explicitly shown, apparently we got close enough to the event horizon that something was able to connect with us telepathically but we never actually passed the PNR.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I assumed it was time bullshit

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Let’s be smug as possible about what we just did. Really rub Birdnose (Anna)’s face in it.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Can we at least rub our minge on it just to say we did? Let's build a Space Golf Course and brainbox everyone whom it attracts.

Legitimate first order of business. Let's weed these fuckers out.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Karia posted:

Brainbox Blackfinger, then pipe a simulation of the real world from our perspective in and do what he does, because it'll probably be smarter than anything we come up with.

This, but for every single named character. Build them all cyborg bodies they control remotely, and delete all memories of the brainboxing and false bodies. Whenever they 'die', connect them to a new surrogate.

This will help mitigate the next few times we have everyone walk into nukes. When their cyborg surrogates are inevitably hacked, have cloned Primarch bodies ready to shove their brains into.

Have Hera reveal she already did this a long time ago and that's actually why everything seems to go our way. We're actually on body #47 of this time loop/Ohone iteration.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Man thatd really explain so much

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Butt Discussin posted:

This, but for every single named character. Build them all cyborg bodies they control remotely, and delete all memories of the brainboxing and false bodies. Whenever they 'die', connect them to a new surrogate.

This will help mitigate the next few times we have everyone walk into nukes. When their cyborg surrogates are inevitably hacked, have cloned Primarch bodies ready to shove their brains into.

Have Hera reveal she already did this a long time ago and that's actually why everything seems to go our way. We're actually on body #47 of this time loop/Ohone iteration.

Now you're speaking my language!

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

:aaaaa:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Butt Discussin posted:

Well that would have been handy at the start of the game.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
The hell is going on in here?

Did everyone take crazy pills with their coffee this Friday morning?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If this plan means we get to have the nice people back in the game knitting sweaters and writing erotica on our behalf then I am all for it!

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

so... we just tamed the godlet in the black hole? how certain are we of this?

edit: godlet, death, whatever it was...

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
A while back Ohone broke probability and can now do anything. Just enjoy the ride.

I propose we now start willing the Warp to calm. Let’s see how much of the Empress we really are.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

CourValant posted:

The hell is going on in here?

Did everyone take crazy pills with their coffee this Friday morning?

...do you not?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Tzeench basically was told to stop playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker. That game was dumb, boring and really got repetitive after 137,566,245 time Ohone reset the universe to stop Fabyian from slipping in the shower on Devrie's bathtime loofa and dying. There were a few big pieces moving like Ohone and Anna and Fabs and and infintely more fractally complex smaller bits all twirling and plotting and what have you. This black hole fetal God was Tzeench, or at least a gateway to him. Time is kinda meaningless to a God. So instead of offering Ohone the deal that he offered others like Anna to twist things back and make the game more complex, we counter offered by saying quit it and let things play out.

This is why Anna couldnt see past this point in time. The universes story hadnt been written past this point. Untold trillions of souls were being consumed over and over and over again to feed Tzeench as the lord of change prevented the universe from changing. Why, who knows. My theory was that tzeench actually lives backwards in time. Being born here when Sol dies and just setting things up to make them happen how he designs. Its not hard to look like a master planner if you're just cheating. Ohone and Fabiyan were the ultimate stall tactic. An infinte loop with one prime Ohone to keep the wheel turning. Prometheus living for a day to suffer and then being consumed by the vulture each night.

Tl;dr we took Tzeenchs queen, flipped the table and he thanked us for a good game and hosed off to watch us continue chewing up the scenery because goddam look at Ohone go.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

We flipped the picnic table, spat a wad of tabaccy, racked out shotgun and now a god is holding our beer.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Not entirely sure it's tzeentch but yeah

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Its his twin brother Zteentch.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tzeentch and Tzchongh

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Kay, lets get a pulse check. Who we want to be at the knitting circle command staff meeting?

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Loel posted:

Kay, lets get a pulse check. Who we want to be at the knitting circle command staff meeting?

Our lady pals, Amacita having a Doom of Brainboxing over her skull. Fabsypants obviously. Blackfinger and wifey provided they bring a gift basket of SuperBooze. Whomever bribes us the best. Our Mind Pals. 4d4 randoms to be thrown into lower management as shall be tradition from now forward because we think it's funny.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Hera, Limosa, Fabs, Centurion, Sincera, Anna, Blackfinger.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Also hand-knit mechadendrite sock puppets representing Ohones from other timelines, including Anna

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Xarbala posted:

Also hand-knit mechadendrite sock puppets representing Ohones from other timelines, including Anna

Bravo!!!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Toughy posted:

Hera, Limosa, Fabs, Centurion, Sincera, Anna, Blackfinger.

This is a good start, plus Blackfinger's wife (I forgot her name, our seneschal?), Limosa's wife (CS), Amacita, Tanya.

Who else came back from 'the dead'?

Xarbala posted:

Sure, why not.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Also: The Genuine Ghosts of Blackbeard and his ilk just so we can cowe them.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

hi loel, you're a loving retard (unrelated to the contents of this thread) DONT GO BACK IN!!!!!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Viva Miriya posted:

hi loel, you're a loving retard (unrelated to the contents of this thread) DONT GO BACK IN!!!!!

Lawl.

But if I have a better job I could write more :v:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Loel posted:

Lawl.

But if I have a better job I could write more :v:

And you could end up ordered to hunt down other CYOA goons like dogs.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

dont be mean to me posted:

And you could end up ordered to hunt down other CYOA goons like dogs.

Removing the competition :black101:

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Loel posted:

Removing the competition :black101:

I'm not competition but I'll be your huckleberry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Toughy posted:

I'm not competition but I'll be your huckleberry.

Aww :3: