Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Gwaihir posted:

How about C: attack janissaries, over the course of the campaign actually come to an accommodation with oneoh, if not outright friendship, and then turn together towards the various acheron fights we have pledged -> then ultimately finishing the real final lingering conflict / big baddie at the start and end of time, Loki.

We really do need to preserve as much as we can in a format we can take back to the campfire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
How about we do both.

Leave some fun gremlins inside Oneohs Systems.

Let them grow, infiltrate a reproduce. Lesser copies going and causing mischief. Anna can put in a little bit of fun magic to let the programs get up to some real good poo poo. Turning Oneohs robes white when the bleach dispenser acts up. Doors opening andnclosing randomly, pads adding "Her Royal Doofness, Oneoh to every time her name is written. Child level bullshit all to cover the deep infiltration where we then wait until we handle the Janns.

One oh will be doing so well until all her systema go into lockdown and fall under external control.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Arkanomen posted:

How about we do both.

Leave some fun gremlins inside Oneohs Systems.

Let them grow, infiltrate a reproduce. Lesser copies going and causing mischief. Anna can put in a little bit of fun magic to let the programs get up to some real good poo poo. Turning Oneohs robes white when the bleach dispenser acts up. Doors opening andnclosing randomly, pads adding "Her Royal Doofness, Oneoh to every time her name is written. Child level bullshit all to cover the deep infiltration where we then wait until we handle the Janns.

One oh will be doing so well until all her systema go into lockdown and fall under external control.

That sounds like a decent idea, though I'm not certain warning her at all is a great idea. We should work on mapping and subverting her human organizational networks at the same time as we do the same to her computer networks, as well.

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Cinderella boy... Out of nowhere...
Yam Slacker
How do we beat ourselves? At the time we split with Oneoh we still cared about the people to a small degree, but no matter what in all forms (even Anna) we always reach for a bigger hammer when there's a problem. How do we set Oneoh up for her own version of the fusion bomb trap that she can barrel into despite obvious warnings and foreboding. The real difference between the two of us is that she hasn't had to learn that lesson (multiple times) yet.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Arkanomen posted:

How about we do both.

I'm onboard with the "Porque no los dos?" plan, with some changes.

Butt Discussin posted:

That sounds like a decent idea, though I'm not certain warning her at all is a great idea. We should work on mapping and subverting her human organizational networks at the same time as we do the same to her computer networks, as well.

We'll use a 'B-Effort' hack to hide our true intentions, that being a master class in systems subversion and binary spirit take-over the only way OhOne can execute.

The 'B-Effort' attack is necessary in maintaining the illusion of control lulling OneOh into a false sense of security; she expects that we'd leave gremlins in her domain, so let's not disappoint her with either piddly little annoyances or tipping our hand too early.

Also, I'd like Gray Goo to be our 'nuclear option' here. Something tells me we'll need it.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
One thing I think we must do, in order to preserve Oneoh's empire for later use, is warn her of the memetic threat vector turned greater Daemon we helped create - the 'I Love You' monstrosity.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Wouldnt mind pointing Oneoh at the Gorgon problem.

We really need to figure out how to prevent the human 2.0 from sucumbing to memetics.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Arkanomen posted:

We really need to figure out how to prevent the human 2.0 from sucumbing to memetics.

The whole Imperium cultural structure is an attempt at this, due to constant Acheronic pressure. Fundamentalist religion, with "An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded", helps. We just have to expand this to the more advanced memetic/psionic threats, by making the fortress ever more closed off.

Advanced mimetic filters should make it literally impossible for dregs to see anything that we haven't pre-approved. Imagine AR goggles that everyone wears every day that filter out anything and everything that isn't on a whitelist Ohone controls, while also recording everything everyone sees and does for later analysis and optimization.

Not only will it keep them safer, but it will allow us to optimize their environments and actions for maximum loyalty and productivity. We don't even have to sacrifice what makes them human, as Oneoh has, to do it.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Butt Discussin posted:

Advanced mimetic filters should make it literally impossible for dregs to see anything that we haven't pre-approved. Imagine AR goggles that everyone wears every day that filter out anything and everything that isn't on a whitelist Ohone controls, while also recording everything everyone sees and does for later analysis and optimization.

Good grief with Daemons below and Angels above.

Yes, I realize this is theorycrafting in the grim dark future, and, wow is it depressing and bleak.

If this is where we're headed, I might just up and join OneOh as well.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Butt Discussin posted:

The whole Imperium cultural structure is an attempt at this, due to constant Acheronic pressure. Fundamentalist religion, with "An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded", helps. We just have to expand this to the more advanced memetic/psionic threats, by making the fortress ever more closed off.

Not only will it keep them safer, but it will allow us to optimize their environments and actions for maximum loyalty and productivity. We don't even have to sacrifice what makes them human, as Oneoh has, to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrruSboN1bQ

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

CourValant posted:

Good grief with Daemons below and Angels above.

Yes, I realize this is theorycrafting in the grim dark future, and, wow is it depressing and bleak.

If this is where we're headed, I might just up and join OneOh as well.

Don't be fooled - she has a happier coat of paint over it, but this is what Oneoh's doing as well, except worse. The nanites she has infesting everyone keep them healthy and happy - what do you think using nanites in people's brains to keep them happy entails?

However, the reason that is a terrible idea is fundamentally tactical. At least when the AR goggles start to be subverted by Acheron or skilled enemy technocrats we can send a self destruct signal that most will survive. The self destruct signal sent to the subverted nanites will end up being much... messier.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Butt Discussin posted:

Don't be fooled - she has a happier coat of paint over it, but this is what Oneoh's doing as well, except worse. The nanites she has infesting everyone keep them healthy and happy - what do you think using nanites in people's brains to keep them happy entails?

However, the reason that is a terrible idea is fundamentally tactical. At least when the AR goggles start to be subverted by Acheron or skilled enemy technocrats we can send a self destruct signal that most will survive. The self destruct signal sent to the subverted nanites will end up being much... messier.

You're likely right.

Which is why the moment I heard nanites I realize we're gray goo'ing this whole thing.

Janissary space? Yeah, that's a cluster of Gray Goo now. We're about to mine a 4th dimensional 'Void Moat' around that space to contain the spread, you might want to stand behind the yellow line.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
You go void novaing this and that and soon enough oops just unraveled the structure of the galaxy and lol we don't actually have a plane of existence any longer.

That doesn't make for a good story!

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Gwaihir posted:

You go void novaing this and that and soon enough oops just unraveled the structure of the galaxy and lol we don't actually have a plane of existence any longer.

Nah, it'd be a pretty fitting end to this one.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Gwaihir posted:

And then a voice called out from the darkness,
LET THERE BE PROFIT

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Gwaihir posted:

Then we just sell our soul to the same deity as Anna and go back in time. Loel starts up again on a different forum, but this time we play Anna and sit around scheming and chortling as the hapless players run around nuking themselves and generally making a mess of everything.

We were not the first. We shall not be the last. The Cycle never ends.

Karia fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 20, 2018

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Karia posted:

We were not the first. We shall not be the last. The Cycle never ends.

:unsmigghh:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Hey Folks, just wanted to wish people an early Happy Thanksgiving, whether you celebrate it or not.

May your Turkey be hot, your beer cold, and the pies ever plentiful.

Please don't get OhOne killed over the holiday while I'm stuffing my face.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Right back at ya!!

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.

Arkanomen posted:

And then a voice called out from the darkness,
LET THERE BE TURKEY

I'm thankful we don't live in the grimdark future of the 41st millennium, and instead only the grimdark present. :)

Also, voting to attack the Janissaries and do the b-level hack with the true hack subverting the systems and population hidden deeper. Don't tip our hand on the Mars Fed stuff yet, but also don't do NOTHING since then we'd get suspicious... And thus so will Oneoh.

Ultimate goal is fuse Ohone with Oneoh to form the ultimate version of ourself: Oneone.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Black friday doors open in 30 minutes.

For what we are about to receive, may we be truly grateful :unsmigghh:

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Loel posted:

Black friday doors open in 30 minutes.

For what we are about to receive, may we be truly grateful :unsmigghh:

It's happening!!!!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

hoping that threadvotes for potentially suicidal acts haven't driven loel away again :(

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Eh, I'm pretty sure he's used to it by now. If self-destructive, self-defeating, or nigh-upon suicidal plans scared Loel off he would ditched this thread long ago.

No, I'm sure Loel is using his time off as he always does: planning his next five arcs, updating the conspiracy webs and newspaper clippings, and, of course, conducting the necessary psi-ops to keep the thread paranoid and on the brink of madness. That dripping faucet you know you closed. The gentle tapping at your window just as you're falling asleep. The strange new man at work who swears he's known you all your life. The number station only you can hear, forever repeating a cipher that you can only break at the moment of your death. It is all part of the Cycle.

... Huh. Well that went places I hadn't intended.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

*pop goes the weasel* seven four green one one five mulberry *pop goes the weasel*

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Karia posted:

... Huh. Well that went places I hadn't intended.

Are you okay? Should we send some leftover pie and turkey?

Hexenritter posted:

*pop goes the weasel* seven four green one one five mulberry *pop goes the weasel*

Get your rear end to Mars.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Five. Twelve. Thirty seven. Three. Eigh-

TIIIIGER!
FIIIIGHTER!
DANCING THROUGH THE FIIIIRE AND
IIIII AM THE CHAAAAMPION!
AND YOU’RE GONNA HEAR ME ROOOARRRRR!
LOUDER THAN THE LIIIIION!
‘CAUSE III AM–

-t. Seven. Two. Zero. One. Zero. One.

One.

One.

One.

None.

(Consider this a sneak vote for Mepstein's OneOne plan.)

CourValant posted:

Are you okay? Should we send some leftover pie and turkey?

Nah, I think I just need to write more, it's leaking. That was supposed to be a one sentence post (not that I've ever been able to shut up!)

But hey, if you're offering...

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Still alive, I swear. Turns out sales and Black Friday go together like Ohone and nukes :v:

Next day off is ... Friday, I think. It's all blurring together.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Karia posted:

Nah, I think I just need to write more, it's leaking. That was supposed to be a one sentence post (not that I've ever been able to shut up!)

Well, then we look forward to seeing you write more! :ocelot: :)

Karia posted:

But hey, if you're offering...

I would if I could, buddy.

We ended up with 4 pies over Thanksgiving, and I gave one to my girlfriend's parents to take home, one for my girlfriend to take to the office.

Would have gladly transmat'ed one your way. :wave:

Loel posted:

Next day off is ... Friday, I think. It's all blurring together.

You know what else blurs things together? Gray Goo. :colbert:

Glad you're doing okay, and that you survived another Thanksgiving Day in retail. Hopefully most of the blood will wash off.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slice of Life: Sebekh the Execrator, Location: The Beast of Traal, ~400 years ago.

<Internal log.>
Operation proceeds apace. Latest intel reports Subject Beta has broken with the Hegemon, severed all diplomatic ties and has begun forging a hostile secessionist state in accordance with projected behaviours. Kiera and Angelika both continue to devour the research and knowledge I place before them. Knowing their fates makes it almost bittersweet. I feel an almost familial bond with them, the daughters I never had, and I am so proud of their accomplishments, and all that I know they will achieve. Yet... I know they must one day stand as the struggle against which Subject Alpha will advance in her personal evolution.

Operation Damocles is underway. Fredrik knows I have business with the Janissaries, yet he knows not what it is. A trip to their core worlds will be good for business. Upon arrival I will make the necessary preparations. It is a long road back to when I left, and I hope my trust in my proxy was not misplaced. All indicators and predictive models say that no it was not, but she and her counterpart have a tendency of breaking the models. That one will be tricky to remedy if it comes down to it, but with Menerwé and my dear, angry Athena at my side, there are few things I could not do with half a millennium of preparation and the knowledge I've been blessed with.
<Log ends.>

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Nov 28, 2018

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slice of Life: Sebekh the Execrator, Location: Shadow of the Beast, Tartarus-adjacent, ~400 years ago.

"I had wondered how long it would take you people to show up..." Sebekh's faceplate melted into a smile, almost amused, almost hungry, almost bored.

"You covered your tracks well, interloper, but you should have stayed away from the maelstrom of years. Those pathways are not yours to tread." came the distorted voice from the presumed lead figure of four equally shimmering forms. Their slender black limbs would have made an organic's eyes buzz, and standard augmetic visualisers would have been awash with static, but Sebekh's form had been wrought of sterner stuff.

The four had spread out, equidistant encircling him, but simple binocular vision was something he had transcended centuries ago, even before his ascendancy. He was aware of every infinitesimal movement, every ripple in air density or the conceptual approximation thereof. He waited, his form casually unfurling like a great spider, resembling the old siege engine frame he was so fond of in the days before he forged an empire.

In their hands, both folding together and endlessly dividing in tiny segments, rifles became swords, swords that became polearms. Each vibrated with an energy that would cleave even the spiritstuff of daimons, would rend even adamant and ionised ceraplate. As one they struck, a sudden explosion of movement with a dancer's grace and almost machinelike unity of purpose. As one they were hurled backwards by a shockwave emanating from the towering Technarch. The shifting stuff of Tartarus around the five hardened, congealing like flash-frozen water and the blurred figures smashed into the newly formed shell completely enclosing them.

"What sorcery is this, mechanist?" hissed one, rolling to its feet
"He severs us from the whole... strike him down!" snarled another, levelling its polearm in Sebekh's direction as it stood
The third flipped off its shoulders to its feet, yet halted, caught midair. A sickening snap was heard, followed by an agonised, keening wail. Another snap, a crunch, the figure bending in upon itself in ways it was not meant to. Crumpled into a tangled ball, the Cruac hunter fell to what passed for ground in this place.

As one, the surviving three broke into a random series of zigzagging movements, enhanced by their armour, sped up an to inhuman degree, yet Sebekh saw them as though moving through molasses. Each was reconfiguring their polearms back into rifles, great gouts of razor sharp material possessing the same glittering distortion as their raiment belched forth in streams, yet he simply was not there. Shards missed their mark by millimetres, the tumbling figures wrenched into the path of their own gunfire. Riddled by hundreds of durstaillin shards, the three crashed unceremoniously to the ground. Two were quickly surrounded by vast pools of steaming gore, the surviving one propped itself up on its elbow, helmet disassembling into a million tiny diamond shaped flecks, revealing the pallid yet porcelain perfect skin and knife-edged ears of a Cruac.

"You... don't... understand the f..." cough "forces with which you tamper... we guard the sanctity of ti--" his words were silenced by the violent crunch of a massive quicksilver limb meeting his face, pulverising it beneath massive weight and force.

The shell around them began to run, like melting paint, too-vibrant colours giving way to their more muted counterparts of the physical plane.

"Were you able to cut them off?" the mellifluous, almost musical tone of Menerwé's voice.
"I was. I thought you said this place was a Nexion and that we were safe from their retaliation though." Sebekh turned his gaze toward the elfin Mind as his frame began to curl back in upon itself to a less cumbersome shape.
"With the Cruac there are no guarantees, I know they tend to avoid direct, overt interference where Nexions are concerned, because they're focal points in time that have to happen, or objects that are important to the timeline, so this is unprecedented, but I'm thinking it might have something to do with my sister."
"What?" another female voice from across the chamber. Athena's slightly dishevelled braid flipped around onto her shoulder as she turned, hearing herself referenced.
"You're... not exactly... well... how do I put this delicately..."
"I scare them." Athena smiled, her eyes lit from behind like a pair of glittering suns.
"...mmhmm."

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 28, 2018

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Hexenritter posted:

. . . because they're focal points in time that have to happen, or objects that are important to the timeline, so this is unprecedented, but I'm thinking it might have something to do with my sister."

Hexenritter posted:

"I scare them." Athena smiled, her eyes lit from behind like a pair of glittering suns.

Now write one with Athena as the new female Doctor. :jerky:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slice of Life: Sister Mercy-is-for-the-Weak. Location: Inquisition Cruiser Scourge of Ephialtes

ATTN: Inquisitor-Lord Maruseva
Subject: Progress report.

Empress keep thee, guide thy hand, and steel thy will - Sororitas Invicto Corde blessing

It has been two standard months since my last report due to the ongoing difficulty of Acheronic travel, though I make no excuses for myself, my lord, and only ask that you be patient in this, as in all things. I have continued to educate the recruit from Aeolus IX in Inquisitorial doctrine, and she has proven an eager, albeit trigger-happy study. This, I believe, is due to ongoing trauma relating to the Shih Dynasty privateer Ohta Tembo and the crippling injuries she sustained during the heist. We were unable to determine, through standard, enhanced and even Maenad-assisted interrogation techniques from local resources quite how Tembo found out about Lot BX826, its location, or its nature, if indeed he is even aware of such. We have departed the Aeolus system aboard the Scourge to pursue alternate leads, ultimately heading galactic northward to make contact with Inquisition elements at Footfall, to further Corrino's training, and so she may be properly conditioned.

As always, I remain your faithful and steadfast servant.
Sister Mercy-is-for-the-Weak

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Slice of Life: Techpriest Alyce Cotrain. Location: A Small Lab Near the Beast's Engines
Subtitle: Zen and the Art of Talyrond Maintenance

Forget that, Ali, honey. Remember this instead. A sphere never changes. Remember this. The sphere never lies. You understand, sweetie? Spheres never lie.

She remembered her Nana holding her, looking out at the bright stars, pin-pricks just barely distorted into smudges by the slight atmosphere. The thin air had been cold outside the hive, and her grandmother’s mechadentrites colder still. But Nana's face was always warm, even glistening with frost, and her words were always true. The hive had disappeared and Nana had vanished and everything had changed. The spheres had stayed the same. They had never lied to her.

Her lab was held at a constant 20 degrees C. One of her few implants confirmed that value, a blinking display in the corner of her vision informing her that the lab was 293.13 Kelvin. But now, staring at the object sitting in the middle of the table, fifty years later and half a galaxy away, Alyce Cotrain felt the chill of that night once again. Her grandmother was wrong. This sphere lied.

We all seek the Omnissiah in perfection. And what is more perfect than a sphere? We can make a sphere, Ali, love, with a best-fit diameter accurate to less than a single atomic radius. Nothing can never reach the Omnissiah, Ali, but nothing comes closer than the sphere.

The Tagmata officer had dropped it off two days ago without even a trace of ceremony, bundled by itself in a corner of the weekly crate of gages and broken bearings. Alyce hadn’t even noticed it during her first check through the dunnage. It wasn’t until she’d gone through the bill of lading that she’d realized it was missing. The Tagmata officer hadn’t even waited for her to finish checking inventory before he vanished with her outgoing shipment. No signed receipt.

Sloppy. Alyce would have to file a report.

code:
Shipper: 
Lt. Hendricks
Tagmata Combat Engineering Corps
Beast of Traal, 2nd Division

Consignee:
Techpriest Alyce Cotrain
Forensic Engineering Department
Beast of Traal Engine, Techlab TL02401

001:
Description: 150mm direct-drive grinding spindle, seized due to lack of maintenance
Quantity: 1ea
Work Required: Restoration after catastrophic failure

002:
Description: 1500mm point-defense turret bearing mount, matched set
Quantity: 2ea
Work Required: Wear analysis and life-cycle estimation

003:
Description: 25mm bearing ball, origin unknown
Work Required: Analysis

004:
Description: 5-50mm master gage ball set due for annual calibration
Work Required: Calibration and replacement of any out-of-spec masters

005:

And so on. The list went on, a good shipment this time. Plenty to keep busy for the week. But aught aught three was missing. Alyce shoved aside the large plastic dividers that had nestled aught aught two and dived deep into the shipping crate. No need to worry about keeping up appearances with him gone.

Over there in the corner, half-buried under sheeting and thickly wrapped in plastic. Stretching forward, she managed to get a finger on it, teasing it towards her until she could see it clearly. Alyce could see under the plastic that it was a matte gray, smooth but not polished. She picked it up, weighing it in one hand, the other supporting her so she didn’t fall all the way into the crate. It was light. Less than a gram. It must be hollow, she guessed.

She mouthed the words. They felt strange. Origin unknown. Analysis, with no specifications.

That was a first.

“Item aught aught three, twenty five millimeters diameter, is seventy six point zero three millimeters from the rear-left corner of the crate.” Jebral’s voice cut through her thoughts, just as flat and mechanical as the rest of him. She ignored the implied mockery and stood up, still examining the strange ball.

So let the other children commune with their machine spirits. Let them chant in their holy binary, let them modify their bodies with steel and wire in their search for perfection. When they laugh at you, just remember: they will never know God.

Alyce understood the disgust that Jebral felt when he looked at her. All that meat and flesh, so far from the ideal of the Sankt Maschine. So fragile, so weak, so slow and delicate. Why, if she’d had the standard optical package she could have inventoried the shipment in a fraction of a second, without even opening it, x-ray and penetrating radar and even neutrino scans, if necessary. To bend over and grope blindly in the crate was even worse, when she could have simply reached down with one of the mechadendrites carefully folded away on her back. But worst of all, she forced him to communicate in the Slow. How he must long to cut off his vocoder and sing to her in his holy binary.

Alyce understood Jebral’s disgust well because she felt the same thing looking at him.

With his implants, Jebral could tell her that item aught aught three had been seventy six point zero three millimeters from the edge of the box. But he could not tell her whether it was twenty five millimeters in diameter under standard temperatures and pressures, or twenty five millimeters plus one micron, or - Omnissiah forbid - plus two microns. Alyce’s Talyrond, half a ton of granite, cast iron, and laser interferometers, could tell her its diameter to within a fraction of a nanometer, and characterize sphericity and surface finish to boot.

If something is worth doing, it is worth doing right. Adapting a device, be it a sensor or manipulator or weapon, for a human-compatible implantable design necessarily entailed design compromises for portability and safety reasons. And compromise was heresy. Alyce had taken only the bare minimum level of implants. Better, holier, to seek perfection outside her weak flesh, rather than settle for mere competence within herself.

Alyce shook off those thoughts. The Mechanicus had seen fit to assign her Jebral as an intern, and now she was stuck with him. “Jebral, get aught aught four out and soaking to temperature, then start disassembly on aught aught one,” she ordered. But she was only barely paying attention, her focus still fixed on the small sphere.

Where did you come from, Alyce wondered. Who made you, and why? Tonight, little ball, you will rest and acclimate. And then tomorrow, you will tell me your secrets.

Spheres never lie.

I am very proud to present the first Prom Cycle / Avogadro Project cross-over. No promises for future update schedule, work is still eating my life. But I’ll try. Please forgive any editing errors, I'll go through in the morning for another pass.

Karia fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Dec 8, 2018

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Oh that's very good. I like. I eagerly await more.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

:allears:

(Holidays keeping me busy as well, but I got plots :D )

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

:) Thanks guys!

Technical question, Loel: do the orks exist in Prom anymore? It's not really important, I'd just like my writing to line up with the universe and they came up in my plotting.

Let me guess: you can neither confirm or deny until we run headlong into their main fleet.

On second thought, let's rephrase that into something you can answer: would someone in the Imperium associated with mid-level military planning have heard of the existence (regardless of the veracity) of some species roughly akin to the vanilla 40k orks?

Karia fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Dec 10, 2018

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Practically speaking, I just find them hard to write :v: I dont understand the dialect at all. However, they were mentioned in Arc 2, and Golgotha drew most every tyranid zerg Brood and ork fungoids to ultimate throwdown.

All that to say, go nuts :D

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Yup, the scene with the Navy torching the planet over and over was fantastic, still one of my favorites for the sheer scale and hopeless resignation of it all. Just checking how much got retcon'd with the terminology change since I don't think I saw fungoids in the conversion sheet.

I certainly will!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

We could just, you know, not have orks.

we're the orks :ssh: