Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I have just spent the last few days reading this amazing thread, nice to finally catch up to it in real time :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Plan 1 It seems a bit too dangerous to mess with.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Chantilly Say posted:

Also important: Limosa, Limosa, Limosa. Keep our eye on the ball, here.

So you are saying that we should expose Limosa to the virus and then regrettably kill him for the greater good for the Emperor?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
There is something i have been wondering about, the Lord-sire among other things gave us the mission of finding a new food treatment plant, and i got the impression that it was on the top of the list of things to get done. But we are still in trouble because we haven't earned him enough money, did we take too long getting the plan and the extra parts, or are the expectations simply so high that we should have done both at the same time?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
A Let's make some money so we have the freedom to go after the important things.

We have talked a lot about eventually becoming an Inquisitor, but are there any advancements in the Priesthood of Mars we could go after? Magus or higher? Can we pursue both?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
C Send our Skull Squadron there and if the sniper has gotten away then B.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I am changing my vote to E Engage GrassyKnoll.exe

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
B. But it they don't surrender immediately then kill them all.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I still have some trouble wrapping my head around the size of the vessel, that there could be so much space that is unexplored is just mind boggling.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
D - That rifle is ours now, and it seems more likely we will find the shooter that way.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Tomn posted:

If we're taking the rifle, check it over remotely VERY loving CAREFULLY.

Wanna know a good way to gently caress someone over in the worst way? Leave them something you KNOW they'll fall over themselves for...and leave a nasty surprise inside it. Explosives, tracers, bugs, remotely-activated thingamagums that infect your electronics with a virus via wi-fi, whatever. The Trojan Horse is almost literally the oldest trick in the book.

After all, what kind of fool could afford to buy an incredibly excellent weapon, and yet be stupid enough to hire an assassin too dumb to take the masterpiece with him...or to maintain it properly?

That sounds like a pretty good idea.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The only 40k books i have read is the Inquisition War trilogy, this thread is far far superior to that.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I agree, why would a person like that accept a job that is clearly designed to get her to stop investigating us? And we wouldn't really want her hanging around on the ship with all the shady things we are doing.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
This one is really hard, so i am going with Tomn's plan.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
B

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Duelling would be fun, but i guess the sensible thing would be to interrogate the guy, so i am voting B.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
B. If he had merely been a bumbling fool we could have forgiven him, but he killed a good soldier and an innocent child.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I know we have fairly loose morals, but this guy is the most despicable kind of scum, he strapped a bomb to a child just so he could kill us, he shouldn't be getting a slap on the wrist and then a major promotion, we should be performing gruesome experiments on him, and if those experiments also furthers our power then so be it.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I don't see anyone blaming us for this whole matter, other than whichever noble decided they wanted us dead. We have evidence that he tried to murder us, and did murder at least two innocent people, i don't think there are any problems with us doing what we want with him.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

paragon1 posted:

Remember the heretical pilgrims?

The ones that were going to kill us?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
C+D Do we have ways to reduce our insanity?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I don't quite think we are up to the task of having a discussion with Sincera Pax at the moment, so better go with A

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
A - Might aswell get this over with.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
C - This is the perfect opportunity to do our mission for the Magos.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The Magos mentioned something about keeping the mission a secret, but how secret is it? Can we bring our troops and just tell them to wait outside, and not mention what we are doing there?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Btw. great writing on the scene where we experimented on the guy who tried to kill us, I started to feel really bad for him while I was reading it, and I was one of the people pushing for him to suffer some horrible fate. The whole thread has some really good writing, but this was the high point by far :)

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
What is the process like when a Lord-Sire doesn't make enough money, how does a new one come into power?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
B - Our mission is more important, and i don't imagine we would make a whole lot of difference. Call and tell the Kriegers what we saw, send a servo skull squad down and investigate further, and relay back any new info we find to the kriegers.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I would prefer we not get stuck down some tunnels again, as interesting as those creatures might be.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
B - Sounds like the guys need a break, with any luck the ship has loot and/or something that needs killing.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Do we know how long it will take to get to the hive?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

LowellDND posted:

Its a couple thousand kilometers over rolling/polluted terrain, so... a week-ten days?

A lot longer than i thought, i am worried that if there is indeed a hivefleet on the way, we will be stuck halfway there, and not be able to get back in time.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
C

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
A - better get out there know.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

my dad posted:

C/B - Visual ain't gonna do poo poo if it's a Lictor, those things are like chameleons. But their pheromone trail might give it away, so any chemical sensors on our servo skulls should be tuned up to max sensitivity. If they don't detect anything extraordinary, then it's (probably) not a Lictor, and should switch to motion sensors to help us deal with the far more mundane threat of genestealers. Cover every flank, and do not allow soldiers to split off from the group. If it's genestealers, they'll attack, we'll suffer some casualties, but should easily win. If it's a Lictor, we should try to get a quick kill, and if we can't, get the hell outta dodge, screw the tower.

Voting for this

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
B

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
A

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed