Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Wentley posted:

Death world seems like a nice place. I would guess it is named to throw people off and discourage settlement. It's likely an Eden world. Yep.

Exactly, like the well known garden world, Catachan.

B 2, stealing our neighbor's mail appears to be a ticket to fine living.

Scratch that, switching vote, new post below.

throw to first DAMN IT fucked around with this message at Aug 15, 2014 around 19:26

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Switching my vote for B 11 because it sounds more interesting. Wouldn't mind if we were void born too but eh, let's be snooty.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Outrail posted:

+1 psyker.

Does 40k have psyker tech-priests?

Pretty sure that Dark Heresy doesn't have rules for this. It might be possible fluff-wise but pretty unlikely.

Being a psyker means that we have been sanctioned btw. Fun stuff, side-effects may include partial or complete skull reconstruction, sanity blasting visions, having all your teeth explode out of your skull due to psychic agony trapped within, sacred wards on your lips, gums and soft palate, loss of hair and/or sterility. At least it means we were judged strong enough to serve as sanctioned psyker, instead of being fed to the Golden Throne.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Sanctioned_Psykers

So of course we are going to be Psykers.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

C changed mind below

Since we left to study and join the Priesthood of Mars, even if we were close to some of our family, we probably aren't all that close anymore.

While I really like Onion's suggestion, we should at least first check out if they actually are heretics and thus save the effort of fabricating the evidence.

throw to first DAMN IT fucked around with this message at Aug 23, 2014 around 01:58

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

LowellDND posted:

Adjusted accordingly. That changes the tone a bit, originally I got the impression you were calling in at the first Astropath.

Writing up some evidence, being slow, and keeping to yourself is a slightly different approach, although I dig the Paranoia game play.

I don't know if this forum is ready to play 40k the way it's meant to be played.

Anyway, changing vote from C to G.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Sogol posted:

I think I may need to read some stuff to play. I am familiar with the games, books and movies from the OP, but have no experience with the warhammer genre itself other than a couple of passes at games with Warhammer in the name. What would be a good read?
Eisenhorn trilogy wouldn't be bad place to start, actual rulebook and army codexes aren't really worth buying since all the fluff in them has been moved into the wiki. Word of warning tho, all GW stuff has 'special' pricing.

Gaunt's Ghosts has Imperial Guard stuff but in my opinion, the books read like imperial propaganda half of the time. Caiphas Cain books are good and have large variety of both imperial forces and enemies but tend to be bit absurd and humorous.

quote:

(That Peake, Lem and Kafka are listed as source texts is a bit daunting in terms of imagined game play. Two of the listed books are notorious for essentially nothing happening for hundreds and hundreds of pages, despite the best efforts of the protagonist.)

That's Imperium of Man for you.
Thing is, Imperium is losing. If they had a breather to rebuild and consolidate forces or if they had less enemies so they could throw everything into stalemating the battlefronts, they could maybe rebuild and reinforce. But they don't and so they are hosed.

And even if they managed to fight off the attacking forces, Emperor is finally dying and with him goes the Astronomican, without which Imperium's ships are hosed.

Stagnation and nothing happening would be preferable outcomes for Inquisition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

The secret cabal has mandated that Team Catgirl must win.