Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

my dad posted:

OK, I'll pick these:

Deceive
Fel Simple
Pack Hunter

+1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Possibly a daemonhost, extremely dangerous to your mind, body and soul.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You can usually find telltale signs that something is very wrong, like that weird static.

Edit: But of course the worst corruption is the one you invite willingly and gradually.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 29, 2014

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

And there's the xeno option too, awful lovecraftian horrors unknown and unimaginable from the depths of the void. :cthulhu:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

MaliciousOnion posted:

I think 3 - Mech-assassin would go really well with our fake skin.

Agreed

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Keep it simple:
Serial killer case sounds not quite as closed as it's made to be.
Routinely interrogating that lowly corpse taker gets us at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Use our conversation skills to give the unstated impression we mostly came to dig dirt on our rivals.

Edit: Remember, Lord-sire expects at least some hidden maneuvering.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Let's not try to appear to clever and claim to have all the answers, Important people like to draw our own conclusions.
We definitely should convey our emotions about that Thing though, It will help sympathize.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That quote sets my PARANOIA sense a tingle.
It's very good to have a master that appreciates a suspicious mind.

I vote C - woodhouse might have stumbled on something important and relevant.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Re: My dad, we'll have time for social calls later.
Right now we need to take care of official business.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Remember folks, Woodhouse is more than an underling: He's an asset.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I forgot to ask: what's our physical condition? Do we require a stop at the nearest machine-temple?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

OK.
It'll still be a good idea to just pop over to the machine temple and quickly give thanks and prayer to the Omnissiah.

"Let your holy light show us to the leaking pipe, that we may replace it."
"Let your holy light show us to squeaking gear, that we may oil it."
"Let your holy light show us to corrupted code, that we may purge it."

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Besides, we're still low on the totem pole.
I figure it would seem very presumptive to ask for a direct line to Lord-sire.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

paragon1 posted:

B4 with Uniting the Gangs as a long term goal. Uniting the Gangs and getting them to follow us means real control of the Deeps, which is something I think that perhaps our dear Family undervalues greatly.

My paranoia also suggests these strange organs, the daemon, this new drug, and the cult we're searching for are all linked.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

A,D let's send the magos the location of the killing so that he can send servitors (without informing him about our discovery).
I think it would be a good way to test his dedication.

After informing the magos, We can find time for skull chat.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

FireSight posted:

Skull with magos, face to face with Amacita.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Kegslayer posted:

And how wrong they are.

I'm not sure if we should contact the Inquisitor just yet.

There's no need to jump to conclusions since this is obviously a fringe Imperial cult dedicated to serving the Emperor via improving on the frailties of the human body. Just as we and even other Space Marine Chapters recognise the weakness of flesh and augment ourselves with the purity of the machine, they have chosen to use a better cut of meat for the same purpose.

Who doesn't want to have better hearing to savour the words of the Imperial Truth? Or better eyes in which to gaze upon holy icons and his visage?

...Or a better sense of taste to devour his immortal essence?

Well, crazy radical cults often cause more damage then actual honest outsider heretics.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Outrail posted:

So I guess the real question is does a centurion suit, like a battle tank, have a spirit? And if it does, does it want to make new friends?

And/or if a suit malfunctioned for some unspecified and unknown reason could it murder kill it's wearer?

Insofar as a tech priest is concerned the answer to both is yes,
Secretly sabotaging the suit without leaving a trace could be a whole mini adventure in itself.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

LowellDND posted:

I may have those rules on my desktop also for some reason :getin:

Watch out guys, make enough certain choices and ohone will turn her back on the corpse emperor and mankind weak cattle fit only for sacrifice and pledges herself to the ruinous powers the Glorious powers!.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Outrail posted:

Nope.

I'm thinking more that at the high level meeting where the Lord Sire is announcing that this Psyker is his heir he stops and makes a weird noise before reaching up and twisting his own head off. His power armor then hands us his head while we announce that we have the entire hulk rigged with cyclone torpedoes, have united the Deeps who now stand behind us and have full control over all life support functions which are about to pump nerve gas into the bridge and why are you not on your kneeling before your new lord and could someone please toss that loving psyker out the airlock?

Enormous amount of work needed, and possibly some shortcuts. :cthulhu::hf::devil:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

jng2058 posted:

As far as recognize it? We'd be able to recognize it, sure. You've never heard of them because they've only been added to the game in the last few years, but retroactively, Centurions have been around for centuries. Understand and modify? That's a whole different kettle of fish, and would probably require us moving farther down the Tech trees as opposed to the infiltration unit direction we've been heading.

Which is why you want to have some heretekaly minded guys on your retainer, just far enough from you that you can deny ever knowing them when the grox leavings hit the rotating oscillator.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

B 1 Agree to investigate the magos though.

(let's have a deeper look at the artifact, too)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

B That reference to 'circles of faith' puts me on edge. :tinfoil:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Avoid investigating heresy? This is w40k :flame:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

How dare you let your personal life interrupt my entertainment?! :arghfist::reject:

But seriously we all want you to feel better.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

LowellDND, Is it possible for us to use an advanced cogitator to analyse the substance? without the Magos knowing?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

As it goes "If a heresy is worth investigating, then the heresy is worth investigating well"

And it would be much easier to get a sample without arousing suspicion than dismantling the pipes.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Yes

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'm for:
Cecking the quiet places.
AI Binding Kit. :awesomelon:
Yes I want a secret mission.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I vote emissary.
C'mon guys, the faster we climb the social ladder the faster we can order people around.
Ordering servitors around is less fun then bossing nobles.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

my dad posted:

Forbidden Lore: Xenos - Well, we're fighting one. Sure would come in handy. (200)
Diplomacy - What's the point of being an undiplomatic emissary? (100)
Medicae - Remember, even the Holy Human Form is a machine, albeit an inferior one. (100)
We need to learn to mend flesh. Saving a dying witness to something suspicious, saving our pets, saving ourselves, providing medical assistance to someone who'll owe us a favor because it, it's quite a long list. Hell, even if we don't care about flesh otherwise, need to know how flesh works in order to know what to replace it with.

A long term goal should be getting forbidden knowledge: arhaeotech, but that can wait until we're not pressed with more immediate concerns.

A reasonable plan, but I'd like to substitute Forbidden Lore: Xenos with Peer: underworld -we're only 20xp points short.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

While it's possible that we'll gets something important from Xenos lore, it seems to me that an Underworld peer will give us more bang for our XP.
We probably aren't going to deal with multiple xenos species on a regular basis until a much we're much higher rank.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Sogol posted:

Of course this means eliminating the psyker I think.

There's always good reason to eliminate the psyker :dance:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Arkanomen posted:

incapacitate and restrain the woman. Then scan her for anything unusual. If she is tainted then execute and freeze the body. Then warm the Magis of the pleasure cult's plan

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

"Amacita dear, I need to give you some medical tests.
Hmm? Well you might have picked up something from the masses at the lower decks.
Probably nothing to worry about, I just want to make sure you are healthy.
Don't you trust me Amacita?"

After she refuses to trust then we get the servitors.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

B

FireSight posted:

Go to the control room. If the Xeno is there, kill him. If he isn't, we need to break the slurry system so it can't be distributed.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

quote:

“Captain Astri. What can I do for you, Lady Ohone?”
“Thank you Captain. I’ve received word from a reliable source that the food processors may be under threat.”
Asti looked pained. “They’ve repelled several assaults by malcontents already, and the Church sisters report it’s nothing they can’t handle. Did your source say what the attack would be?”
You pause. Things may have moved faster than you expected.
“I think those are probing attacks. I intend to move troops to reinforce that position.”
“Very well. I’ll see if I can detach a platoon to make it’s way there, but the resistance is quite strong in that area.”
“Omnissiah with you. Ohone out.”

I'm thinking we verify that the OMEGA threat is here (and not just loving with our heads) before we call it.
We should send a lower priority call informing that the place has been sacked and that we're moving in.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Betrayer! your form is abomination before the mechanical perfection of the Omnissiah!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Shogeton posted:

I like to imagine Ohome having the 'shoulder angel, shoulder devil' moment, with the angel going 'No Ohome, don't betray the Omnissiah, kill the demon' and on her other shoulder the shoulder devil just looks disgusted and is like 'What, we merit no more than some improvised, one-size-fits-all Chaos deal? From this loser? gently caress him, never take the first deal order. Kill the demon.'

This guy gets it :awesomelon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

D1namic repositioning.