Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I just caught up as well, boy oh boy this thread. Read the whole thing in a few days.

Since we know she cocked her head, I assume we know which direction? If it was towards us, we're probably busted, and might as well appear. Pending that information, wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

We have 20 years, it's fine.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

We shouldn't do much questing for Athena here, don't forget we're under surveillance. Unless, of course, the thing can only be gotten here, and even then we should only do it once we're not under the gun quite as much.

We definitely don't want to attract even more attention by grabbing random items to make lost technology in the middle of the inquisition base.

B, but I would also like to try and figure out what Athena is on about.

Outrail posted:

B. But I can't help but feel if we keep impulsively chasing after 'leads' like this were going to get into trouble.
With a little concern about this as well. Just because we beat one weird mole creature doesn't mean there couldn't be a Space Gorilla around the next corner.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

RandomPauI posted:

Can we explain to Athena that we are currently engaged in a mockery of a tribunal, the results of which will determine if we live or die?

:agreed:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

So if that's his last order as it Inquisitor, he's either leaving for good, or we are.

I don't like this at all.

If we kill Kozilek, that means we get to use the name and be the legend, right?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

LowellDND posted:

Who could stop you? :allears:

I know we weren't strictly given a prompt here, but can we follow him with cameras, or something? This is a rare occasion that we actually know where he is, and in a setting that we seem to be in decent control of. It may be beneficial to see how he gets around, being a legend and all. I doubt too many people walk through the halls are seeming unknowns.

I still don't like his implications, and want to do a scan of the area, as well. Check the grenade, etc. Make doubly sure that the hack we're about to do isn't a setup. K made the security here, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume he put some triggers or honeypots in as well.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

my dad posted:

Leave. Send a disposable squad to retrieve the life signs - alive if possible

This.

What's our range with skulls? Can we send some out to observe and oversee the operation remotely?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

We need to at least send in something to try and recover whatever else D has stolen from us. There's got to be more bait in the trap than just him, and we should take it back. We've already played the clone game, just a maybe-him there isn't very valuable.

Ralith posted:

I just realized something.

Devries' gradual breakdown very closely fits the description of the nervous sickness that came over people the last time the darkness arose.

For those of us who aren't that familiar with the setting, is this implying a demon thing?

E: OK, I remember that now. God drat there's a million details in this game

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 8, 2015

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Tomn posted:

Time to become a Hero of Footfall and earn our Inquisitorial stripes, ladies and gentlemen. This is what we're paid for.

Yep. Plan Tran.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

We're already inside, turning back seems silly.

Breach it.

paragon1 posted:

The best part is going to be DeVries getting away again.

And everything will be as it should be.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Welp. I was all for not going in at first, but once we got that first extra detail, I wanted to see what was behind door #1.

I'm pretty sad that I helped get us all killed, but I'm fine with however we decide to go.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Kegslayer posted:

No to time travel.

There's nothing in the webway but more pain and suffering. Even if we could get our friends back, what would be the cost we'd have to pay?

Making deals with Xenos to bring back our dead husband? This is full on radicalism and heresy not to mention there's no guarantee that we could bring him back or that the thing we bring back would even be him.

Fabyian might like us a lot but as a Commissar, his job is to :commissar: these kind of people. He's more likely to literally shoot us in the back of the head when we're not looking than thank us for going through all this trouble.

Everything here.

No to arguing with demons. No time fuckery. What's done is done.

Go to Titan. We have people there we don't want to keep waiting.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Listen to Skade, she's dead and seems pretty over it.

Stop being a sad meatsack and become the true flesh overlord we deserve.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Oh my god, don't try and resurrect Limosa just because the option is there.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Waci posted:

We can recruit him! He hasn't been turned against us by Siadwell yet, we would both gain a valuable ally AND deny our enemy one!

In the best case.

In the worst case, he turns us in to Siadwell as soon as he recognizes us on the Beast, as we're competition that he's seen IN THE ARMOR. As I remember, he wasn't exactly the nicest guy around to start with.

Who the gently caress knows what that would to do the timeline.

That said, I'm not entirely sure how this whole thing works in 40k, but we've already been warned that it's goddamnit awful.

Don't play with the cursed monkey paw, guys. For real.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

How old is this Limosa?

Do we have the ability to create the equivalent of a sealed letter? If we're going to try and fix things (still a bad idea, for the record), a Back-to-the-Future-type plan where we get a letter telling us not to be a cocky gently caress-up during the build up to the mission is probably going to be the least disruptive.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Voting 0.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

0 to 2.

I'm sure our husband will be so thrilled with being brought back by xenos. Have we thought at all about how we'll explain his sudden reappearance?

Ralith posted:

Voting 2

RIP skade and de la torres :smith:

Also, I'm confused. Did we spoof Devries' senses to fake killing the dwarf and transplanting him? Plan Tran had a lot of support. If not, why did we throw away the dwarf's brain instead of putting it in the handy freshly vacated armored life support cradle?

That was all fake, yes.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I suppose it's too late to add a vote for Tanya?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Why haven't we shot this traitor yet?

The previous Lord-Sire wouldn't have dealt with this poo poo.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

We've really got to stop dying. I can't imagine it's very good for our health. Not to mention, It's gonna look real funny if someone decides to check up on us.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Please don't get us murdered by talking about our love for heretek to space marines, tia.

Hey Lowell, how damaged is the power armor? Is it out of operation for a while, or are arms fairly easy to reattach?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Plan Waci for files.

Keep Spine, but don't use it yet. Save for a rainy day.

Kill Devries.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

JT Jag posted:

In a resigned tone, tell Fabiyan everything: about our family's history of connection with the Eldar, the things the Eldar wish from us, and the fact that we are in contact with our future self through Eldar voodoo bullshit. Our explanation starts out technically precise and gradually deteriorates into frustrated jargon towards the end.

Sure.

Try to start the conversation with a "Heeeey, remember that time I resurrected you with xenotech and all that? Funny story..."

ElrondHubbard posted:

How is that an argument against the idea? In our craftworld, the Eldar would use complex prophecies and cryptic bullshit to hide the fact that most of the time they have no idea what's going on, nothing is going as planned, and they are constantly being forced to play damage control to try and fix things / ensure no one noticed.

Yeah, half the fun is watching all you carefully constructed plans fall apart because someone accidentally hosed up out of sheer random chance.

It's the Galaxy Trucker of being a puppetmaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.