Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Pick Maglev Grace people. I don't care for the other stuff

Maglev Grace
By long hours of rote learning, you have mastered one of the miracles of the Omnissiah. By spending a Half Action, you may hover 20–30 centimetres off the ground for a number of minutes equal to 1d10 plus your Toughness Bonus. You may move at your normal walking pace and must employ a Half Action each round to concentrate on maintaining the rite. You may activate this rite whilst falling to slow your rate of descent. Treat all falling Damage as 1d10+3 Impact Damage. Each Maglev Grace exhausts the power stored in your potentia coil, and thus you may only use this rite once in every twelve hour period.

Yes, thats right LEVITATION BITCHES (also survival falling damage)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

A&D

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

B

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Maglev Grace at least. It's loving levitation guys.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Haystack posted:

In that case,

B+. Give them the most longwinded, deadpan, detailed public history of the inquisition that we can muster

If they wanted us dead or captured, they'd have hit us anywhere but our center of strength. Therefore, they want to talk. This whole thing is just to rattle us, maybe test us, make us play to their tune. They've got us in a bad place, but it will be informative to see how they react to us going off script a bit.

This

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Deal with Devries first

We currently have an enemy aboard the Beast, ands not Limosa. Devries knows about us, and has already evaded our trap once. We need to tie up this loose end before we head back down to the planet to steal part of a hive.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Save

This whole idea is stupid when we really need to find something which can please the Lord Sire while we hunt down Devies/Limosa.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

b We should probably start doing what the Inquisitor told us too.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

B Giving the impression on omniscience is always a good idea. Get the troops moving during the broadcast, however.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Why are people saying we should try to hire the clerk? Our background check on her has shown her to madly, be incorruptible and willing to investigate anyone. So, we are going to try and offer the duty-obsessed incorruptible clerk a job? How is that going to work?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Looks like last scion theory is back on. If possible, can we get a image of the last scion and compare it to the footage?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Tomn posted:

Adding E on top of my previous B vote: Servo-skulls out. Upload the guy's face and build to them and start scanning everyone and everything in range. Be doubly suspicious of anyone conspicuously legging it away from us, too. If we get a positive match, make it clear to everyone that we want him ALIVE.

This

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Also: we don't want to meet him with the Kriegs around, because the boy might try something stupid and they would shoot first ask questions later.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

E

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Yes

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

B

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

A

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

A Run and keep running

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

E, run This is why we shouldn't have stopped, people!

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

C/D Wait until the storm passes, in case comms are down due to interference. If there is still silence, GTFO.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

B

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

How does using the rosette expose us anyways? its not like there's signal down here, so even if the ship broadcast a INQUISITION ROSETTE FOUND message who'd hear it?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

D, but A when we have everything we need from them.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

C Let's see if we can get those engines working.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Speaking of Chaos, the only fully-atomounous Titans that were ever made tended to get corrupted by chaos, a reason that the Mechanus stopped using them. Lets hope this doesn't apply to other AI!

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

From IRC

16:32: LowellND arc 2 finish this week, she'll be back when you have gotten lord sire/magos/inquisitor

16:32:LowellND its the only way for her not to be a GMPC

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

I have only one thing to save

Maglev Grace

GET loving LEVITATION ALREADY

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Buying the skill gives us the maglevs we don't need to buy them.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

We could always use the footage of our interrogation of Devries' clone to prove that we interrogated and killed the real one, that this one running around is a clone and thus DAMNABLE HERESY

This, people! SHOW THIS TO THE LORD-SIRE

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Also, people, remember Deveies is tricky. He will expect us to pull something at the wedding, which is why if we want to make a move we have to make it before the wedding. Showing Lord-Sure proof of heresy is one thing we can do to try and undercut him, flooding the air in the officer decks with a virus tuned to his DNA is another. Trying some big set-piece at the wedding will end like last time we tried to set a big trap for him - he'll wriggle out of it.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

VanSandman posted:

The Virus plan is pretty much a sniper shot, then. We could even just release it at his wedding, if we wanted to be complete dicks about it.

The question is, release it at the wedding where it will have high impact but high chance of a countermeasure, or release it earlier and hope we manage to catch him unawares?

Also, what precautions are we taking to ensure we are not being followed-traced? We have scanned all our possessions yes?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

We also have video evidence of "Deveres" Replicae, which show him as committing heretical practises, so it cuts both ways.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Hire a better tech priest, I guess.

Oh - here's a thought - What if Devries also has the Magos in his pocket now?

In which case we're hosed, so its not worth considering.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

"Ah, Siadwell, I was wondering when you would make your appearance. I was present for his unfortunate death, and would gladly detail what happened and who benefited. Should we go somewhere more private, and leave the newlyweds to their bliss?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Also, once he does question us, hiding that we are an interrogator for another inquisitor will be hard, considering our mark on family movie night. So, instead, we should claim that we believe The Inquisition to be one Monolific entity, and of course we would never harm another Inquisition agent, even if we would compete again them in our role as a Rogue trader.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

VanSandman posted:

Ask him, "I don't feel particularly inclined to start an Inquisition war, either; and my Inquisitor most certainly would go to war over such... poaching. Particularly considering the poacher."

I like this.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

The implication I got from the posts, was to be honest when asked, but not to mention/sell out our Inquisitor.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

I have been one of the main proponents of maglev talents, and now is not the tiem buy them. The XP dump after the trial? That is when we pick out transcedance and can fall out of orbit and survive (we're half machine already, theres got to be a way to do this)

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Double down on bad skills, an interesting proposition

Maglev grace was the bad skill we needed for a good skill. Since we have already bought the bad skill, we should make good on the investment and buy the good one.

Remember, we arn't saying buy it now, but at whatever the next XP dump is, probably after the trial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Too Many options, Not enought time!

I assume we don't have any servo-skulls? Cause if we did, we could,review the current event seminars for later viewing.