Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

C2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Another option is to backup critical data, then wipe & reinstall, but that's kinda a drastic option.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

B1. I want more loot!

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Let's land with B, the pilgrims. I want to get a head start on that food processor, but I worry about landing with the penal battalions.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

LowellDND posted:

Haven't added it up yet, I wasn't sure if the thread would want the tempo slowed down to do XP again (we did it just before the boss battle I think).

If the thread wants though, we can have that be the next vote.

edit: My natural inclination is to otherwise do it after the refinery mission.

I'd be up for an XP vote, just because leveling up is nice. But maybe merge it into an action vote as well? so that it doesn't derail getting things done? I.e. do two votes at once?

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

B
Where other see only heresy, a rogue trader-to-be/radical inquisitor see PROFIT.

This! Let's do B. We can kill it with fire after it gets us a refinery and an escape. Or we can leverage it for lots of cash.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I vote for the A while telling our convoy to do B option. We should have taken a vox communicator with us, but for now the servo-skull relay would work. It'll be able to catch up to us pretty quickly (they float/fly?) once it delivers the message. Ideally it'll pick up a vox from the convoy if we have a pair, so we can try to send messages back as need be.

Also, ask Tanya if there are any ropes up where we're at. It'd be nice to throw some down to make the climb downwards easier.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

D/E: It is obviously a trap, and we should burn it with fire and other things to kill it as we ascend.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

paragon1 posted:

C Yeaaah let's not bring an infestation of hell spiders back.

Kinda gotta agree with this. If we had full lab facilities, maybe, but up here? Hell no. Plus it's a pretty good way to tell Mother not to gently caress with us - if she's friendly, she'll be happy the spiders are gone. If not, well, we've destroyed her enforcer and she should stay out of our way (and/or burn horribly).

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Yes
C
Plan Van Sandman (or V, whichever)

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I don't know much about this xp business, but Tech Priest sounds neat?

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Lowell, how expensive is dodge? I think it's listed in both the 100 xp and 300 xp categories.

That said, I vote:

Talented Diplomacy 400
Dodge 100(?)
Diplomacy +10 100
Orthoproxy 100
Trade (technomat) 100
Peer Military 100
T, Int 250
Sound Con 100
Mechadendrite Use (Utility) 100
Mechadendrite Use (Gun) 200
Total: 1550

(What do the Command and Master Orator skills do? Master Orator seems pretty awesome - I assume it's something diplomacy-related?)

EDIT: Changing my vote because I think we need an int. T advance. (I'd also like to work on our BS eventually, but it depends where our development goes)

EDIT THE SECOND: Dodge is only 100 xp, not 300 xp, so I'm adding Mechadendrite Use (Gun) for 200.

Arcturas fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 11, 2015

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

LowellDND posted:

Aha, you are right. Different classes give us the same thing at different prices. Im going with cheaper, so 100.

Gotcha, I'll be tweaking my vote to add Mechadendrite Use (Gun) as well, to use up the extra 200 xp.

(Seriously guys, hidden stealthy mechadendrite guns sounds awesome)

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Do we need the relevant gun skills to stick them on our mechadendrites? Like, if we want to mount a melta pistol on a mechadendrite, or a power weapon, do the tentacles get their own skills or do we need to be competent?

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Volmarias posted:

A, and talk to the magos

Yeah, Tech time! Techpriests + magos. Maybe we can get some tips on pimping our mechadendrites or something.

Fake edit: What are the outstanding requests for our ship? We got the food/water processing plant, right? So it's just making cash from the invasion? Or do we still need to steal a factory or something like that?

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

While we answer, can we reach out electronically and check the status of our traps and any automated weapon systems we have floating around the area? Just to see if/how they bypassed them? Nothing so involved that it'd stop us from responding normally, but it'd be good to check on things.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I don't think I've voted yet - E Let's do that coy answer.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Tomn posted:

So let's brainstorm. What would convince the Imperial Guard that they should send the top of a Hive into space?

We have to convince them the outside of the Hive is covered by Xenos who don't breathe vacuum (Kroot, maybe?). The easiest way to kill the Xenos is to blow it into space. This will also open an alternative route for assaulting the depths of the hive, where there are more Xenos, while saving the people living inside the Hive. Something like that, maybe?

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

You know who'd love that weapon? Tanya'd love that weapon. Then we have an amazing sniper in our retinue, too.

Or maybe this crazy investigator chick. If we could get her in our retinue eventually, and armed with a sniper rifle for the times she's not sniffing out heretics...

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Tran posted:

D: "Even if you think I'd fake an attempt on my own life, even you must realize I wouldn't be this gauche about it." We simply don't have time to deal with this. It's just an assassination attempt, for nobility at Ohone's level it's like a friendly greeting.

Except to most of the people that matter, arranging something on that level would in fact be considered a significant mark in our favor.

Let's try this, with a side of C. He's definitely setting us up with the Filthy Lucre poo poo.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, I'll vote for Tomn's plan.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Lowell, you might want to read the Expanse series, by James Corey, and the Imperial Radch series, by Ann Leckie. The Radch series (starting with Ancillary Justice) has some cool ideas about how to integrate machines, machine spirits, and distributed intelligences with military societies. The Expanse series is neat because it has some politicking, some mystery solving, and some biological disaster stuff.

And A. Let's chat with Pax.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

LowellDND posted:

Oh hey, Ive heard good things about Ancillary Justice. Might need to check it out.

Yeah, it's easily my favorite book from the last year or two. The sequel's pretty good but not quite on the same level. I'd definitely pick it up before the Expanse books. While they're good they're a little quirky at times.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

B Let's bugger out.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Investigations! A.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Hive Tyrants as servitors? Jesus, this is a dangerous situation. We might (barely) have the firepower to kill these, but if that's what the ship/bio-magos who put this together is using as guards, I'm worried about it's reserve/trouble-shooter crew.

Still, I'm voting B. We need to get in there and figure out what's happening, and sadly that requires following the murder-tyranid-mecha-servitors of doom.

(Also, this is why we should have picked up that toughness advance last level-up! We're a talky-hacker, but need some resilience for getting shot at!)

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Oh god, um...

Option 2. Let's bail the gently caress out of here. Possibly request (very politely) a copy of the Magos's data on our way out, but mostly we need to get out and get on our way.

Luckily, as part of a Rogue Trader ship, we can just run away from this rogue AI and make it someone else's problem if we need to.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

On our way our, we should notify her of the potential incoming exterminatus. As a friendly warning, it should earn us some more good will and might give her more of a chance to survive should this planet get cracked.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Oasx posted:

Shoot the Magos with the sniper rifle, and do everything else to take it down, try to take over the machine spirits of the undead hive-tyrants

Let's do this.

But no to permanently burning more fate points. They're more useful as rerolls, until we have a chance to get another for something (when do we get more?) we have already burned one in this adventure. Let's not burn another.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Three questions:

Is security a tech skill or a people skill?
What does Pack Hunter do?
What does command do?

750 for stat upgrades

T Intermediate Advance
BS Simple Advance
WP Intermediate Advance

250 for
Maglev Grace

400 for a few skills

Deceive +10
Dodge +10 (edited in)
Forbidden Lore (Arcahaeotech) +10
Forbidden Lore (Xenos) +10
Binary Chatter

600 for jaded plus the ability to get a meltagun mechadendrite

Jaded (COME ON, given our background...)
Basic Weapon Training (Melta)
Mechadendtrite Use (Gun)

EDIT: Changing Deceive +10 for Dodge +10. I've also added a post noting the change.

Arcturas fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 21, 2015

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Alright, edited my post to remove a vote for Deceive +10 and add a vote for Dodge +10.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Which were the new ones added last level that we passed up for boring old poo poo? (And none of these are new options, are they?)

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

First of all, I hate all of you for not getting an intermediate toughness advance. That said, here's my vote on class and a few questions.

Brownview posted:

I feel like there are a lot of flashier or more immediately appealing options but I vote Mech-Deacon. It really sounds like it fits our playstyle and boosts the stats we use over and over. We have time for Heretek and semi-forgotten lore later, we still have an Inquisitor, Lord Sire, Magos, psyker, tea-drinking murdermom and too-quiet smiley up-to-something figure to balance against each other.

Yeah, absolutely. Mech-Deacon would be a pretty sweet option, especially if it's got more depth in future levels.

What is Maglev Transcendence? Is it basically Maglev Grace but more?

As for the implants, what quality implants were we able to salvage, Lowell?

Random but uninformed thoughts about implants: Autosanguines look awesome, Calculus Logi implants seem pretty sweet for all the random lore stuff we'll be doing and can maybe make up for going Deacon instead of Technomancer, Good quality Cerebral Implants could be sweet (but could contain delicious, delicious heresies...), Ferric Lure implants would give us a force pull to go with our flight, and the various mechadendrites would be sweet but we're not really going down that path. Last, the Hermetic Infusion would be cool but since we're trying to appear human probably isn't a great fit.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

My dad, why are you so sold on the good quality Augur Array? It seems neat but the rerolls are only when we're using it, right?

EDIT: And for people who are thinking Autosanguine (like I was), I think that Vitae Supplacement includes Autosanguine, so it's basically just straight up better to get the Vitae Supplacement.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

My problem on implants is that: Cerebral Implants and the Augur Array seem like the best fit for Ohone's personality. She does a boatload of lore checks pretty quickly while interacting with people, and she's at a space where detecting demons and finding crap are pretty important. (Like, I assume an auspex would have been pretty handy for all of the times that we got lost underground, or in a blizzard, etc., etc.) But the vitae supplement would be really useful for staying alive and seems like a great long-term investment.

Damnit, Lowell, I want three implants, not two!

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Waci posted:

Vitae Supplements, as well as augur arrays, mechadendrites and so on, can be bought with money or favours from pretty much any mechanicus temple, in some cases probably including the magos on the Beast. Archeotech cerebral implants are too rare to be sold for just money literally anywhere.

Really?

Ah, then I'll finally cast my vote.

Cerebral Implants and Calculus Logi. But we should ask the Magos on the Beast to get us some good quality Augur Arrays and Vitae Supplacements when possible.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

LowellDND posted:

WHATS THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN

The cerebral implants are tainted by the heresy of the corrupted Magos, offsetting all the insanity reduction that we stupidly took?

The cerebral implants let Athena manipulate/access our mind slightly, again pushing us towards horrible heresies?

The implants make us so powerful that we think we can immediately take our Magos, leading to a horrible death by hubris?

Basically, lots of things.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

In light of our acquisition rolls, I'll change from calculator logi to baleful eye, sure.

Lowell, can we make sure that we retain most of our human appearance?

Also, what does a conversion field do? I don't see it on the list of implants you linked. (Sorry, I don't have the 40k RPG books)

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Do we even have one of whatever those are?

Either way, that seems a little too big and flashy for Ohone. If we went Secutor, sure, but that's not how Ohone's been doing things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Oh, okay. I didn't realize that we're picking up gear in chat.

If we're getting crazy and extravagant gear, you know what we would be hilarious and awesome? One of the Titans that we saved by blowing up that bio-titan. We can keep it in a drop bay on the Beast, and it'd make negotiating on future planets much easier. (walk softly, carry a big stick, etc)

Admittedly, stealing a Titan and using it as our personal negotiating tool sounds a little more like a mini-campaign than an acquisition roll, but you don't get things without asking...