Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«26 »
Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.

We are a loyal tech-priest with nothing but sacred machine oil and a bit of the tainted blood of Malfi in our veins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

C, and F if and only if we can "find" sufficient evidence.

Waci
May 30, 2011

frajaq posted:

D

Yeah lets not already begin doing crazy poo poo

Heretic.

Waci
May 30, 2011

Switch from F to G for me too. We need evidence, but it doesn't have to be real. I think that's what most of the people who voted F were going for.

Waci
May 30, 2011

Option 1. As for what colours we wear, can't we wear both the red robes and a blue cloak? But yes, depends on context. Wear blue with family, red elsewhere.

Woodhouse is clearly an Adept, the only class with Trade (Valet) as a starting skill.

Waci fucked around with this message at Aug 24, 2014 around 04:11

Waci
May 30, 2011

The Cabal is strong.

Waci
May 30, 2011

But that would actually mean investigating and making inquiries. Just how inquisitive do you think we are?

Waci
May 30, 2011

Depends on the psyker.

Waci
May 30, 2011

As a note, puritans are also dumb and delusional and unwilling to what's necessary to protect the Imperium.

For a more game related not,e we should go with option D, if for no other reason than to make a good impression on the magos.

Waci
May 30, 2011

FireSight posted:

The Magos isn't EXPECTING us to bring him dudes. That can always happen later.

Exactly why we should do it now. There's a difference between giving someone a bunch of servitor material as a token of respect for a senior colleague and giving someone a bunch of servitor material because they're our boss and told us to.

Waci
May 30, 2011

For more in-depth advice on 40K novels, go here. What you need to know to get started is in the thread title.

Waci
May 30, 2011

LowellDND posted:

I haven't decided on tracks, jets, wings, 2 legs, 4 legs, 8 legs, or wheels. Probably some hideous combination of all of them.

I note with disappointment that these are all single digit numbers.

C, and we ride one of our cousins, modified for maximum speed and painted red for going fast glory of the Omnissiah.

Waci
May 30, 2011

E. We serve the inquisition, we're contractually obligated to make our plans as convoluted and nonsensical as possible, plus it's good practice for when we inevitable fall to Tzeentch-worship.

Waci
May 30, 2011

D, but blame Jeb

For the entirely OOC reason that this is Dark Heresy, and a TPK by cyclone torpedo during the first social encounter of the game is a great introduction to the system for any not familiar with it.

Waci
May 30, 2011

C, for the reasons my dad mentioned.

For advances, Simple Intelligence, Simple Toughness, Awareness, Wrangling, Wolf Pack Tactics.

Waci
May 30, 2011

Not yet, but there will be. The acuitor mech-assassin is basically a cyborg ninja option, but there will be other options later that would make us functionally similar to a main battle tank.

Waci
May 30, 2011

Outrail posted:

I was thinking more of what happens when a psyker rolls badly, but doing that on purpose. And then adding a bunch of promethium to the mix.

Oh, in that case, no. We cannot summon a greater daemon soaked in promethium just yet. I think?

Waci
May 30, 2011

Drogan's only folly was that he lost.

Waci
May 30, 2011

Oh, I completely forgot to vote on that. Yes, 1, stay for the wedding and hand out the money we gave ourselves as wedding gifts. We need loyal cronies more than we need petty cash.

Waci
May 30, 2011

End of a session or doing something the GM deems suitably awesome, so whenever LowellDND pleases, but presumably somewhere around once every chapter/segment/arc/whatever of the story.

Waci
May 30, 2011

Notably, in addition to advancing fellowship, we can now buy Deceive, which we started with the Talented talent for, because lying runs in our blood.

Waci
May 30, 2011

B.

Waci
May 30, 2011

1) Buy Inquiry now.
C, priests are suspicious.

Waci
May 30, 2011

As long as the technology used isn't in itself heretical, it's all good.

Waci
May 30, 2011

Megabite and Flours.

Waci
May 30, 2011

E. We must find out what "it" is, but while doing so, we should absolutely be preparing to fight. How many grenades can we grasp at once?

Waci
May 30, 2011

B. These people probably aren't who we're looking for, but they are speaking blasphemy against the Omnissiah.

Waci
May 30, 2011

LowellDND posted:

Looks like mercy is not in us.

Some may question our right to destroy these people. Those who understand know that we have no right to let them live.

Waci
May 30, 2011

E. Looks like the servitor of tomorrow to me, but let them talk. They may in their panic say something to implicate their accomplices. We can always shoot them afterwards.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A. Only traitors and cowards run from the enemies of the Emperor.

Waci
May 30, 2011

Can we combine A and E in some way?

Waci
May 30, 2011

Or hand it to our inquisitor for extra doing things right points!

Waci
May 30, 2011

DEAMON!

Pack Hunter, Charm, Deceive for our 300 xp.

Waci
May 30, 2011

Peer is a talent, it can't be boosted, though it does act as a pre-requisite for a similar one (Good Reputation (insert group here)) that we wont have access to for a while unless LowellDND wants to give it to us as an elite advantage.

Waci
May 30, 2011

Insanity can be dealt with, corruption is kinda unambiguously bad. Rampant physical mutation, bursting into fire near holy enough people, that kind of stuff.

The thing after us is probably either a daemonhost with a daemon of Slaanesh bound into it (in which case we're wait deep in poo poo unless we get inquisitorial assistance), an actual daemon somehow able to manifest itself (neck deep), or a Slaaneshi cultist with the favour of their god (merely knee deep). Or it could just be some noble's really fancy murder-servitor, but daemons are more interesting.

Waci
May 30, 2011

Waci
May 30, 2011

100 metres or so on a ship is a decent distance.

Waci
May 30, 2011

Rank 4 would let us take mechanicus secutor, though.

Waci
May 30, 2011

LowellDND posted:

I dunno, Bonded Emissary might do you well at Court.

Two words: Rad Cleanser. Secutor would let us learn how to use literal nuke guns, in addition to pretty much every gun ever.

Waci fucked around with this message at Sep 30, 2014 around 00:53

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

Outrail posted:

So it sounds kinda poo poo, can we use Blather as a kind of diplomacy? Or it just stalls people in nonviolent situations and makes then think we're drunk and/or retarded? Like if the now dead bone seller had tried to use it would it have helped him convince us he was legit, or just stalled us for a moment?

Blather is filibustering, diplomacy is formal lengthy negotiations over contracts and treaties, charm is shorter discussions with people.

«26 »