Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
A 5?

Death world seems like a nice place. I would guess it is named to throw people off and discourage settlement. It's likely an Eden world. Yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Tech Priest. I am drawn to the underdog.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
I'm swayed towards Team Loyal Techno Priest. There's always a future chance to go crazy.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
C

Lone wolf character, activate!

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Choose the awesomest people, then have a race and a fight to see who gets to marry these rad kids.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Oh man, oh man. C.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

Sogol posted:

I am going to have to look around for copies of Eisenhorn locally. No ebook and listed on Amazon for $150 of something new and $50 used.

Oh!

C, even though I've no real idea what that means.

Try a library. If you're in the US you can usually ILL the book from somewhere.

Are Servitors ever vehicles? Do they makes ones with tracks, or jets?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
If we win, each of them owes us a favor, to be collected whenever. If we lose we buy drinks?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

FireSight posted:

E

We won't cut directly through the radiation, but we WILL cut the corner. We have more machine parts than them, so we can deal with higher rad levels. That means we don't have to travel as far. AND, we can launch the dog THROUGH the rad zone and pick him up on the other side, giving us a temporary speed boost by not having his weight. This will throw the others off because our performance profile suddenly changes!

Also, this gives us time to put our thumb on our nose and waggle our fingers at them as we pass them.

I do like complex plans that are not one of the lettered options so I'll go with E.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

my dad posted:

Ah, I feel bad ignoring Zerthimon's teachings, but I'll have to vote for B. The Machine Spirits won't betray us, surely?

e: Wait a second... "Learn to see the whole, or be blinded to the truth."

Hah. I'm going with D after all.

I can't ignore Zerthimon. D, after all 'Patience is a virtue'.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
B The merchant is indeed suspicious.

As per the others, I'm cool with the XP choice and sure, glowy cat.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

my dad posted:

Megabite
YES!!!

Hee! I like this.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
C

He might be another investigator. Learn first. If he requires punishment we will not shrink from it, but let us not turn our backs on knowledge.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
What is Fel Simple? Can someone run down what these do? Decieve seems simple enough, along with Pack Hunter, Charm and Diplomacy. The Peer Nobility and Fel Simple are the confusing ones.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Thanks! Then I'd go for:

Peer Nobility
Fel Simple
Pack Hunter

We're going to be fighting, we need to be better at it, as this encounter shows.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Oh! That's easy enough then. Swap that one out for Deceive.

Unless it can be boosted somehow?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
So does Warhammer have Cthulhu-like insanity effects? Do we need to avoid reading any books we find?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Doing cool machine spirit things would be pretty rad. 3.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Tech Use +20
Int Intermediate Advance

It is! Optimize away.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

my dad posted:

Not quite. If we say that we originally suspected a cult, and didn't convey this to the heads of the family, we'd end up in some deep poo poo.

Answer: (The main points, the whole answer to be formed by LDND depending on our rolls)
We (now) believe a cult was aboard the ship for the purpose of summoning and/or feeding that thing. After interrogating a false relic merchant, and seeing the butchered corpses the merchant was harvesting, we realized that we ran into something extremely dangerous. He confessed that he was dealing in false relics, and that many people were forced to remain silent about ongoing murders after our cousin killed the suspect. We stayed to see who the real culprit was, and saw that thing followed by a number of fake servitors. We fought them off to the best of our abilities, and warned the family of this terrible danger as soon as we got the chance to.

As for how we stumbled into this mess, well... We ran into a group of madmen that tried to kill us (those fuckers called us an Iron Man) thinking we were after some relic of theirs. A line of inquiry led us to the false relic merchant in this building.

As for why we ran into the madmen in the first place, we should sigh, and confess that we were suspicious about the murder investigation and decided to do some snooping on our own, hoping to gain favor with the liege and benefit the family if our suspicions prove true. (As far as I'm aware this is the truth, just not the whole truth)

If we're pressed about that thing trying to influence us, we'll admit that it tried, but our faith in the Omnissiah kept us strong, and our shots gave the thing and its lackeys a loud NO.
End of answer

We should try to frame this the way that benefits us the most, and let him draw the conclusions.

I like this. Sufficient rear end covering, sparks of truth and still throwing whats-his-name under the bus.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
I'm bad at politics, because I just want to check up on a friend who may be in trouble and see what is up with Woodhouse. However, if I can just pick one, it would be Amacitia.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
B. However, it would be worthwhile to see if this is connected to Amacita's problem.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
As an addendum to my vote, I'm with Tran's plan to have the gangs death-race.

Also: send skull to talk to Amacita.

Second Also: Don't go to mind reading bully's party.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
I'll add another vote to the majority.

However, should we check our guy to make sure he just got the chemical version, and doesn't have a gland implanted?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Question: are the tense changes she makes meant to be there, or did you mess up? Otherwise, she sounds suspicious as hell.

edit: What does Paranoia do again? Help us with Friend Computer?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
From our autopsy, would the gland be visible if we looked in someone's mouth? Would be be able to see it, or the trauma?

I say, save the XP, and get a will save upgrade. Being able to think straight and not run away is a plus.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
You think she'll let us look in her mouth with the Popsicle stick? Wouldn't hurt to check.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Unless it is the circle of zerthimon, I say we need to avoid this cult.

Edit: Ah. Abraxas is a gnostic god/demon, who is said to be higher than both god and satan. Welp. We have a heretic!

Wentley fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 16, 2014

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
D but is it possible to jack into their electronics and find things out that way?

Also, no worries on the lateness. Take care of yourself. The story is rad as always.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
B, I guess. If we could get larger samples of whatever this is, we could tell what xeno is being chopped up and fed to these fools.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Lets do that then!

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
You think they're being fed orcs?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
B1

Do the work yourself. We can set up a lab later.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
D!

That sounds neat.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
I've also read those. However, when I was in school, I was reading a couple of books a day so I've read a bunch of weird science fiction.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
I like the trend the votes are going so no need to chime in there. However,

A Darker Porpoise posted:

I'd also like to PURGE THE KITTY and get another one.[/b] I'd rather not have someone spying on us through our cats eyes or having it steal things for someone while we aren't paying attention. Also we can just give it the same name and we totally wouldn't even notice the difference!

Since we are not psykers ourselves, and have not teched in a biological direction I agree with the porpoise. If we were biologically teched, looking at the kitty's DNA and how it changed might allow us to harvest the good, and remove the weakness. As it is, the cat does seem a liability.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Yes

Engineer

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

my dad posted:

Forbidden Lore: Xenos - Well, we're fighting one. Sure would come in handy. (200)
Diplomacy - What's the point of being an undiplomatic emissary? (100)
Medicae - Remember, even the Holy Human Form is a machine, albeit an inferior one. (100)
We need to learn to mend flesh. Saving a dying witness to something suspicious, saving our pets, saving ourselves, providing medical assistance to someone who'll owe us a favor because it, it's quite a long list. Hell, even if we don't care about flesh otherwise, need to know how flesh works in order to know what to replace it with.

A long term goal should be getting forbidden knowledge: arhaeotech, but that can wait until we're not pressed with more immediate concerns.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

A reasonable plan, but I'd like to substitute Forbidden Lore: Xenos with Peer: underworld -we're only 20xp points short.

I like this horrible addition to my dad's plan by Lurkbeast. We can get the Lore packet next upgrade.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
I do feel bad about just killing her. The information we wqould glean from her corpse would be interesting, but she is a friend. Keeping here alive might be more interesting, though. Can we undo the damage caused by the artifact?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

LowellDND posted:

Wently: Well, the artifact is an unknown. All you know so far is that it helped conceal Amacita's projects from the political games. Beyond that, side effects, price, duration, you don't know.

Exactly. Studying her is likely to be safer than studying the artifact. By observing the effect of the artifact on a human, we can understand what it does much more safely.