Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

LowellDND posted:

I usually don't get involved in the votes, but I do wanna point out a bit of optimization.

Your WS is your lowest score, and your BS is probably in the lowest quartile. Even worse, to advance them to simple is 250 XP, which could be a week or so worth of game time. If you are getting into a gun battle, you screwed up somewhere, at least at this stage of things. If you look through the posts, your shooting has either a) missed prone targets after you threw a grenade and fired wildly, or b) hit prone targets that had been affected by a grenade blast. A sharp shooter you are not.

Now, your new ability Cogs within Cogs allows you to manipulate Machine Spirits to a level that most people can't reach. You can put in timed delayed actions or redirect programming or other fun things. Cogs is based on Tech Use, which the next level of (+20) costs 100XP, and your Int intermediate advance costs 250XP. You do have 350XP on your character sheet.

What this means is that, option 1 might be BS simple advance, which puts it at 36%, while option 2) is Tech Use +20 and Int Intermediate for same cost, which gives you an astounding 72% on tech use skills. Which is your primary attack in the Mech-assassin model.

Not saying that tech use is your best trick, mind, but its definitely better than trying for BS or WS. You aren't a guardsman. You are a Priest of the Machine God! :awesomelon:

Thanks for the advice. I don't really understand this system. Most of what I'm doing is based on knowledge of other systems, so things like this really help.

I'm changing my vote from this:
Arms master (requires BS 30, basic weapon training, any two)
Basic Weapon Training (Pistol)
Pistol Training (Las)

To this:
Tech Use +20
Int Intermediate Advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
I say that we say that the serial killing cases that whats his face (the psyker rival) supposedly investigated were probably caused by a cult dedicated to that thing. You suspect that he may have purposefully tried to cover up the killings because he might be involved with this cult.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
B and 1

I think it is important for us to support the krakens, because they are seeking a truce. If there is a truce between the gangs, then we might be able to get all of the gangs on our side. Also, we should try to get some support from the machine cult. If there's any way for the machine cult to support us as a possible heir, that would be good.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
A and D

Let the Magos check the site, while you talk to Amacita. Then meet with the Magos about what they find.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

my dad posted:

Oh, look, we have enough XP to get paranoia.

I think we should probably try to get a WP increase next. That will make our saves against dealing with that deamon in the future a bit easier.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

LowellDND posted:

Im flipping through the armory list right now http://www.40krpgtools.com/armoury/weapons/

What say ye, players? What should we buy?

We should get a stronger more attack oriented cyber mastiff. Preferably something that looks like this:

Someone earlier said this would be a bullpup cyber mastiff. Could we afford one of those?

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Yes and Servo master

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

LowellDND posted:

You currently have her locked in your lab. For the people wanting her incapacitated, do you want her tied up and/or drugged as well?

edit: Right now Amacita trusts you (or appears to). Going aggressive tactics might alienate her.

You know what. Let's give Amacita a chance.

Tell Amacita about the Xeno goop thing. Then ask her to let us test her.

Amacita is our friend, so let's not just immediately incapacitate her. Also, we might be able to get a useful ally by being more upfront with her.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
B

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

my dad posted:

Have you checked the cables and connections?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Have you updated to the latest version?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Have you tried rebooting the machine?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Have you installed antivirus software?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Have you cleaned the machine regularly?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Did you at least write down the error code?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Do you know how much I hate people like you?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Wait, are you recording this?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

This is great. Hopefully we will never have to do tech support.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Plan my dad

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
C

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
2B

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Yes
D
U

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
I don't really know enough to say what skills we ought to have. But, I think it is important to have Peer Military. We want some allies to support us as the next Lord-Sire. Not to mention, having military allies will make it easier to get our new devotees to become an elite squad.

EDIT: Cochlite Servo-Master. I've been supporting this one for awhile. Mindmelding with our servitors sounds pretty fun.

Obscil fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 10, 2015

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
B.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

my dad posted:

OK, looks like this didn't go the way I was afraid it will.

Guys, think long term.

WP simple advance - 100XP We have delayed this one too long. Let's go insane on our terms.
Forbidden lore: Mutants - 200XP For very obvious reasons.

Talented: Barter - 100XP We really, really, really need to make some money soon.
Scholastic lore: Mercantile - 100XP And it would be useful if we could grasp the big moneymaking picture

There's a bunch of cool stuff we can get, but delay it just a bit more. We've almost got all the core stuff we need.

This seems good to me. Also, voting for A1.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Cochlite Servomaster Also, we should buy a Bullpup Cybermastiff and name it "Bladewolf" as soon as possible.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Buy a new bullpup and name it "Bladewolf" and put the box of control on it

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

VanSandman posted:

I won't trust that he's dead until I see a body.

I vote we cultivate the General to see if we can get OFFICIAL license to pull off our heist. Call it pro-active protection of important management-level assets crucial to the function of the local economy in the post-war period. Basically we kidnap rich fucks for their own good and the Guard should be ok with it if we spin it right.

I support this outrageous plan.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Spend

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

LowellDND posted:

Spend x x x
Save x x x x

Still close.

I'm counting the opposite of this. 4 spend, 3 save.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
B

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
B

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
D

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

my dad posted:

Ok, let's get this show on the road!

Jaded (200XP) - Holy poo poo, we've seen things. Everyday horrors of the Imperium simply don't have the punch they used to.
Intimidate (100XP) - I'm pretty sure the family movie night gave us an understanding of how to terrify people.
Forbidden Lore (Inquisition) (200XP) - I'm sure our mentor will be more willing to trust us now. And share his knowledge with us.
Binary Chatter (100XP) - After having to deal with so many murder servitors, we've become quite adept at manipulating them.
Speak Language (Tecnha Lingua) (100XP) - And I'm sure brushing up on our secret machine language skill would be useful.
Logic +10 - It's time to sit down and think. How do we approach our numerous, numerous problems and opportunities now?
Actually, Pack Hunter(100XP) would be better. Our murderbuddies can always come along. :3:

Trade(Knitting) (100XP)
Basic Weapon Training (Knitting Needles) (100XP)
:colbert:

WP advance(250XP)
LOSE 7 INSANITY POINTS - 700XP - Meditate, knit, talk to a priest, spar with Sincera, focus on building a really shiny cog, sit in your room and cry, whatever, just put your mind back together Ohone. Going insane would be a BAD idea right now.

(Why don't we have an option for willpower advance?)

EDITED to replace 3 insanity with WP intermediate

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Explorator 1!! Let's embrace our destiny to be a rogue trader.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Cerebral implants, and baleful eye.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Command, Mastermind x5, T Intermediate

We definitely want Command to make us better and giving orders to our underlings.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Tomn posted:

Maybe I'm misreading? I thought the Magos outright stated that we're not eligible to be Lord-Sire because we're a tech-priest, and strongly hinted that she thought we'd want to be the next Magos.

Edit:

That just means if we want to become the head tech priest, a magos, then we can't become lord sire.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Tran posted:

Make a visible show of deference to the Lord Sire, lead a toast in memory to Limosa. This celebration is not just for inviting a new arrival into the family, but also to alternately celebrate and mourn the recent successes and losses of the family. It is a show that the dynasty remains strong, and by following old traditions we ever maintain its greatness. With this show of might, we prove for all to see that no work of the enemy can weaken us for long.

I agree with this. Just keep an eye on the people inside the holos.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

LowellDND posted:

-handwaves- Maybe half that hot? The high temperature person would have to be literally on fire.

That really changes things. Investigate with a servo skull immediately.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Arkanomen posted:

Just loving shrug and then sheepishly smile. Let them take us out of the party for our interrogation and be 100% forth coming. Present our recordings of the event, kreigers trying to save him, biological scans and witnesses. Misleading our lying will get us killed.

This, also try to inform Kozilek of the situation.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Waci posted:

Counter-counterpoint: see picture above.

Also, he knows WHEN to be loud and proud.

Nah. This guy's just a lame wedding crasher. Kozilek is better than him.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

VanSandman posted:

I WANT him to connect the dots and try and recruit us with a better pitch.

I'd rather be with Kozilek than this guy given what I've seen of this guy so far.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

paragon1 posted:

*sadly shake our head. " How stupid would I have to be to accept that offer? It would mean admitting to something I didn't do, and then declaring for every Inquisitor in the Imperium who knows anything at all that I'll turn on them when the pressure is on. No thank you.
*pause for effect*
I would, however, be more than happy to cooperate with you on the Interrogator's death. I take the sudden death of people trying to warn me of danger very personally."

This sounds good to me. Changing my vote to this.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Good riddance. Siadwell's been an rear end to us so far. I look forward to trying to prove his heresy.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Why the hell are we being evasive. He's not gonna look favorably at us being evasive. Just tell him, we're loyal to the family.

Family

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Globofglob posted:

Do not tell the Lord-Sire we are part of the Inquisition. Do not tell the Lord-Sire anything about friends at the Conclave.

The Lord-Sire just busted in, said he hated the Inquisition, and declared us the heiress. If he knows we're part of the inquisition too, that position might well go to Devries. This isn't Paradise Lost. Truth is our Enemy.

He's bound to find out at the conclave, so being forward is a good idea.

Tell him about Kozilek and that we're loyal to the family before the inquisition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
I'm gonna be real pissed if devries inherited.