Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

B4, we're from the final frontier, our soul's not weighed down by gravity.

Not enough voidborn stuff in 40k, it's a really cool concept that doesn't get much love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

Obscil posted:

B 5

Would you please add a brief description of the worlds? I don't know much about the Warhammer setting.

The guy who wrote this letter is an rear end in a top hat, our cats clearly love us.

Also void born; you were born in Space!
Usually one of the massive, millennia old spaceships plying the space lanes, but massive space stations are also an option.

Stereotypically, you're pale, skinny, and spooky. You probably have a decent handle on tech. Actually sounds kind of goony, now that I think of it.

Ship crews are frequently divided into tribes, like "Starboard Life Sustainers" or "Port Scan Techs", and they can be so isolated they forget there's a galaxy beyond the ship, or that they're on a ship at all.

40K ships are supposed to be, these massive gothic vessels, basically giant space cathedrals that have howling wilderness of forgotten corridors and holds between densely packed crew sections, shining bastions of ultra-tech, that have chain gangs hundreds strong pulling massive torpedoes into place.
Ignore any numbers you're given, 40K writers are bad at math and usually end up making ships less dense than styrofoam and more thinly populated than Mongolia.

Could combine 4&11, make the character from the bridge crew, the aristocracy of the void born.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

LowellDND posted:

While I do love the B4/B11 idea, what would be the mechanics?

+5 Fellowship
-5 Strength
is the easy one. After that, umm...I'm not sure. Given that this is a CYOA, and the two talent/skillsets are so different, stacking them probably couldn't hurt; gives more voting options. You might end up with Kate Mulgrew, though.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Picture 4
Willpower
Astropaths
; those creepy eyeless psykers don't care that our scrawny rear end is blue. Befriending them also makes us like, the NSA of Inquisitors.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Psyker
We're totally a newtype, guys.

edit
↑↑↑Pretty much, and they're about how they sound. Arbitrator is a cop.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Colchite Servo Master was pretty cool; brain-linked combat servitors to act as meatshields and muscle. It'd make us kind of like Master Blaster.

Edit
What's the difference between Guiding Light of the Emperor and Living Nightmare?

Rockopolis fucked around with this message at Aug 19, 2014 around 02:34

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Oh well, gonna play dangerous.
Team Gaze Into The Abyss "loving Gellar Fields, how do they work?"

With this, you're more or less a mutant. Certainly rather alien alien in yoir thinking. An RP challenge.

Scrimshawer Because we are totally going to need to scribble hexagrammic wards on everything.
Besides, hexagons make everything look high-tech.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Are these similar to dnd alignments?

Go with whatever the gently caress the chaotic evil equivalent is, let's get all sorts of nutty.

Nah, they're all skills and traits and such. Alignment doesn't really come up in character creation.
Team Gaze Into the Abyss is more like a Tiefling, though, and you're not going to get a chance to pick it at any later time.
Also, our character description of bluish skin and no hair and black eyes basically demands it; people will suspect us anyway, so we may as well get the benefit.

Or it sounds like we've got a nasty case of argyria from all the colloidal silver in the holy water we drink to suppress our tainted blood.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

A1) Your family knows that you're a nneeeerd

We really need to get a reversable red/blue cloak so that we're ready for any occasion. Or perhaps simply a plain cloak that we speed up to red-shift and blue-shift.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

B. Stick with what we're good at.

As an unnamed cyborg lady and as a shield of humanity, our name should be Aegis.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

B&C Races and weddings! Marry the survivors to the opposite house.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

It might be bad for our dignity to take part (and lose), but
C

Can we ride our robodog?

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

C

Red Five has switched off their targeting cogitator; now's our chance to pull ahead!

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Waci posted:

C, for the reasons my dad mentioned.

For advances, Simple Intelligence, Simple Toughness, Awareness, Wrangling, Wolf Pack Tactics.

And one (1), hang out and be generous with the cows Thrones.

Rockopolis fucked around with this message at Sep 6, 2014 around 15:16

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I'd keep an eye out for baliset plsyers; maybe we can find Gurney Halleck to help us.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

A&D

Hey, did that Astropath have any messgaes about keeping an eye out for lost children?

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I think the metal staff is supposed to be the giant wrench most engineseers lug around?

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Alternatively, keep them, but only allow the XP to be spent on Lore/Perception/that Total Recall perk, as it becomes increasingly obvious Ohone has a head for obscure trivia.

Amacita is obviously just a main character from a different CYOA, with wishy-washier players.
"The voices in my head keep arguing and voting about the artifact. We've decided to go to my cousin, the obvious Mary Sue character."

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

mepstein73 posted:

D is for Dune references.

Yessss!

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Yes
Servo-Master

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

In the spirit of the Sanguinalia season, I say Bah humbug!

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

So we end up creating Doomrider's weirdo cousin Sweettooth?

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

mepstein73 posted:

Also, do we have any chemists in the thread? I'm curious what interacts badly with gold. We've killed a few major baddies, (Abraxus and the psider) so maybe take a name/title like "The [chemical] Spidereater". After all, have you SEEN a spidereater?! They're terrifying. They almost look like they have mechadendrites themselves.
Aqua Regia?

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Well, for long term planning, for last ditch defense against this sort of thing, you want a power field of some kind. You know who has a lot? The Ecclesiasticarchy. We should look into getting on some kind of ecumenical council so we can get issued a Rosarius.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Well, if you do kill him, make sure he's well preserved. That way, if his ship ever shows up again, you can pull a Weekend at Bernie's and claim it. Even if you can't make him into a covert servitor, you've got mechadendrites and string.

That being said, B. If he survives, we can reevaluate.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I just assumed you were making yourself extra layers of flak armor.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Maglev Grace
If you float without rhythm, you won't attract the Osedex.

Then you distract it with skulls so you can ride it.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Melta

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Xun posted:

Can we marry Athena yet I discovered the cool new term OT3
Depends. Is polygamy customary in this (sub)sector?

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

LowellDND posted:

She's only converting the core, the surface is fine
So what you're saying is she's more like Lavos.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

ElrondHubbard posted:

5. Put a ring on her
Ring...world?

Wait, wait, also called a halo.
Admit it, you're just itching for a Halo Device.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

LowellDND posted:

I'm sleeping so much someone help me
Never sleep again.
I Admire Its Purity - Lets Play Alien: Isolation

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Tomn posted:

Ohone's white blood cells have tiny little nanomachines grafted onto them whose programming augments their primitive biological instincts with squad-based tactics and a distributed strategic calculation network, and whose tiny lasguns bring death to all and any invading xenos. Stenciled onto the mechanical component of each servitor leucocyte in letters whose lines are no more than an atom wide are two simple words: "gently caress Nurgle."
That's pretty Radical.
I mean, inscribing the name of the Chaos god of Pestilence on each and every single white blood cells. And in terms that bring it to the attention of the God of Excess, too.
I'd have to call that a wildly convoluted strategy. And white blood cells are pretty violent, too. Congratulations are in order, I guess? Assuming you were planning for your immune system to launch the next Black Crusade somewhere.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Alternatively, for those of a more Puritan bent, you engrave the word "hate" on each one of the 387.44 million cells that fill your immune system. It helps, even if it only represents about a billionth of hate you feel for diseases.
Hate.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

The STC contains potassium benzoate.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I always thought the Mark of Khorne looked like a huge ribbon, especially when mounted on the helmet.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Well, when faced with the Eldar and time travel shenanigans, there's really only one thing to do:

D

Go to the party and schmooze get drunk take over the entertainment and throw a concert of historic significance.
Use fate points.

Use the power of music to unify the Inquisition and bring peace to the galaxy.
After all, the Omnissiah gave rock and roll to you.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

drat, I miss a couple days and this thread zooms away. I wanted to vote for Ordo Chronos.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

my dad posted:

I'm sorry but they disappeared tomorrow.
You'll have to travel thousands of years ago in the future, but wouldn't you love to join the greatest mission an Inquisitor could dream of?

Sure, your Thorians and Recongregationists may dream of ressurecting the Emperor and rebuilding the Imperium. The Athena worshippers dream of refounding Martian Federation. These are all noble dreams.
You may think of becoming a Radical; desperate times call for desperate measures, and these are desperate times indeed.

But these well-worn paths all have the same fatal flaw. They all cede the initiative from the start, they react to events rather than shaping them.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Far, far better to ensure that desperate times never come to pass, that the Imperium was never sundered, that the Emperor never fell, that Athena still had the support of her mighty Pantheon.
Why fix something when you can keep it from breaking in the first place?

So set right what once went wrong. Join the Ordo Chronos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

He ripped out the Techpriest implants and installed them in himself? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em

Brach and Clear, lead with optical mechadendrites.

«5 »