Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
I have to admit that I'm kind of worried that Cog Whisperer means we're going to start trying to neg on Athena or other skeezy, Dark Mechanicus PUA techniques.

And if we have True Faith in anyone, it should be ourselves. We've already built a cult and made a Saint, so what does that make us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Assuming you can even recover the probe, why bother with the camera pict-caster?

Rockopolis fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 30, 2015

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Perfect, thanks!

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Arkanomen posted:

Ohone is no saint.
Her talents lie elsewhere.

Like being a Blank. Just sayin', there's only one vote against, and it means no more Warp bullshit.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

It already seems like most of the people who aren't our slaves plot against us, though. We...don't really seem to get by on our charm.
I totally see your point about this going super :spergin: and all, but this is basically the Abrogate option. Hm. Maybe not the greatest idea.

I still like the idea of being able to detach our soul whenever we need to deal with Warp messes or just be a ruthless hardass.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

After seven years hard training in the time chamber, it's time for a change of fashion. Change your hair to blonde, too. :goku:

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Tran posted:

The Fabricator General will be almost impossible to mistake. They will look more like a giant shambling mound of metal parts than a person.
Wouldn't the FG have a human body sticking out somewhere for communication, like an anglerfish? The FG of Mars is Mars. The group coming to meet you is just the little comm nub.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

How do non gasmask people deal with life on the ship? Could be great, more cool stuff left over for them. Plus the Abrogates make for decent coat racks. SERVE.

Seven years is a lot of time learning horrifying secrets if you want to reduce Insanity. Hell, it's a lot time to avoid accidently looking up, I imagine you've got a nasty crick in your neck by now. Your first few days, before you learned not to stretch your spine, were pretty b-ARGHILOOKEDATTHESKY!
Although, chiropracty working would be barely register on the insanity scale of 40K. Maybe you should get an adjustment.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Sounds like you're saying that it's less that we're reducing Insanity and more that we've learned to cope and accept it. If it works and is insane, well, at least it works.
Just a reminder, Black Crusade has no Insanity score, because "Only the insane have the strength to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane."

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

If a day outside is a year inside, does that make casual Friday a year long? Must play hell with payroll and seniority, though.

I'd say you could use the time dilation effect to speed computing by storing processing farms on Titan, but that's probably what the Iron Men thought too. Might be worth the risk if you can, for example, run cryptographic analysis and get the plaintext before you enter the ciphertext.

You know, there must at least be hydroponics and manufactories on Titan, because resource consumption and wear-and-tear is increased 365-fold compared to realspace. Each person chows down a meal about every minute and twenty seconds, bunks & lights get used every four minutes, weekly laundry every half hour, etc.
I kind of wonder what it's like being domestic staff or a cook there.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Depends on how fast you can feed biomass and candidates into Titan.
Probably can't terraform Titan, considering how hostile, outright malicious, the environment is.

Actually, given that we had to take an interminably long hike through the airless, warp-blasted wastes of Titan to get to the fort, is there like, a service entrance to Titan? How do they make deliveries?

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

It's just that it already takes forever for anything you order to arrive, like food or machinery or recruits, and any delays are also magnified.

Like, how long was Kozy-L cooling his heels waiting for us?
"You're late."
"Sorry, had to tie my shoes."
""For two weeks?"

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Warhammer 40,000: Space Jam

In the grim darkness of the fat future, there is only sport.
Is it in you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

It's a plot by Nurgle, obviously. I recommend countering with fire.