Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redly
Aug 17, 2014

Meep! ^_^
Peer: Mercantile
Reroll: Willpower
Picture: 1 - Feral world

I appreciate the idea of a business-savvy noblewoman trying to bring culture and profit to a Feral world

or alternately:

Her idea of the social moors and expectations for nobility are tailored to the feral world from whence she comes, and might be a little different from the other settings later in the story...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redly
Aug 17, 2014

Meep! ^_^

mepstein73 posted:

H) Tech Priest, because in the blur between metal and flesh, Memnarch found madness.

+1 for Tech Priest
(but a weak second choice as Psyker, because why not)

Redly
Aug 17, 2014

Meep! ^_^
Guys. Gals. Variations thereupon.
TECH PRIEST GETS A PUPPY

I mean I don't know why there's even still a debate.

ROBOT
CANINE
FRIEND

Redly
Aug 17, 2014

Meep! ^_^
No Tainted Blood

Copyist as the "choose one of two" options.

A vote for the generic Team Loyal package, but what is the 100XP option "Awareness"?

Redly
Aug 17, 2014

Meep! ^_^

AmyL posted:

B+C for Thunderdome 40K. Will we be able to place some bets?

B + C is clearly the superior option.
Throw a gigantic party with baby-making and marriages and races and all sorts of fun times.

Redly
Aug 17, 2014

Meep! ^_^
Okay, finally caught up on the thread, after being months late. Ha!

I know the thread asked for a decrease in Easter Eggs, but the "Wardens"/"Greycloaks" Ii m guessing are Straight out of Jim Butcher's "The Dresden Files". How did we get forty pages in with no mention (but somehow we've found multiple Death stalker fans?!)...

Vote: B
I can't imagine Ohone is even a little tempted by such a base offer...
... a least, not offered by someone (something) foolish enough to be CAUGHT
Seriously, I thought we covered that sin with Cruenits's end. zzzzz

Redly
Aug 17, 2014

Meep! ^_^
D-1

As fun as B - Sugar Rush sounds, ya run a substantial risk of clogging your own mechanical systems. Also, isn't sugar flammable / explosive? And... we are really full of ourselves if we think that we're going to single-handedly take on such a daemon 1v1, or maintain the already-crumbling mental defenses. A and C are out.

D - run like heck, look for a better chance to attack, with the advantage of reinforcements.
And who knows? Maybe someone more powerful will come in and bop bop it for us. ^^
/cast Summon: Lord-Sire

But use the artifact because why the heck not.
We've already grabbed it. Do we really think we're safe at this point?
TIMIDITY IS THE SOUL OF DEFEAT

Redly
Aug 17, 2014

Meep! ^_^

FireSight posted:

Guys.

Sugar is FLAMMABLE.

Remember that this is Dark Heresy. Fire is king. Fire will kill ANYTHING. So lets do B2 and flood the dude with sugar before using something to ignite it and watch him BURN. :munch:

;_; a bad roll gets sugar all over us, too, though.
And I daresay it would mess with us more than with the Thing...

Redly
Aug 17, 2014

Meep! ^_^

Colonel Wood posted:

A and try to grab one of the Sisters' weapons on the way out

This. Plan A - stop the Xeno, but grab something interesting on the way
Reject daddy-plan A + E -- we might need the support of our servitors and pets, so bring them with us.

Redly
Aug 17, 2014

Meep! ^_^
Vote Count

Current trend is some version of "go after the Xeno, but..."
Plan my dad involves leaving the servitors to help fight the demon
Meanwhile, Cannon_fodder suggested leaving the mastiff instead
And across multiple votes, people mention "keep texting Lord-Sire updates"...
... and also "grab interesting items on your way out", like weapons, relics, etc.

6 - A) Leave this battle, disrupt Xeno
0 - B) Open fire from elevated position
0 - C) Fire into Thing vs Grey Guards melee
1 - D) Beastmaster Hunter raid mechanics
12 - E1) Plan my dad: serv @ demon, rest to Xeno
1 - E2) Cannon_Fodder: mastiff @ demon, rest to Xeno

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

THREAD UPDATE

This CYOA is still active! But I'm given to understand that there exists a "CYOA curse"? I'm afraid LowellDND has fallen to it again. If any of you can help, please speak up!

Just recently, they updated the Mac OS to Yosemite, and suddenly their computer is basically unusable. Once it boots, it takes 10-15 minutes to accomplish any small task, such as opening a program. Meanwhile, Mac's browser Safari won't load any webpages at all for 'em.

LowellDND has already run through the standard tasks, including the instructions listed on various help websites such as flushing cache, deleting some files, and whatnot. I'm a Windows user myself, so I can't really help out with Mac troubleshooting. Can anyone solve this for 'em, so this thread can get rollin' again?

Redly
Aug 17, 2014

Meep! ^_^

FireSight posted:

Do you know what OS his computet came with originally? And has he run Disk Utility and done Verify Disk on the partition that contains the OS?

LowellDND is investigating what these utilities are, and running them.
Meanwhile, it seems a patch for Safari has been released, so they're grabbing that and installing.
It seems the computer slowness is one issue, but hopefully the patch will move Safari from "inoperable" to "slow but working" status.

More updates as they come. ^_^

Redly
Aug 17, 2014

Meep! ^_^

Sogol posted:

E: "I am confused. Those are the only three options in the pool for my Inquisitor? Interesting. Who set the pool, odds and why those three in particular?

Solicits more information while also creating a misdirect. Broaden to get information instead of narrowing. Also creates some possibility of learning what people assume or have heard about us.

In addition to this, I think it would be just precious for Ohone to express confusion.
Ohone: Wait, I'm the object in this bet. There's a high likelihood that I have inside information. Why would you let me bet and rake money off your uncertainty?

Because, you know, all contracts and deals made on the Rogue Trader ship are completely on the up-and-up. :angel:

Redly
Aug 17, 2014

Meep! ^_^

Tomn posted:

I think I broke my apostrophe key writing this up.

Sorry, I'm a day late on this, but this write-up of Imperalist Orks is just the greatest thing ever.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Voting:

Grognan posted:

Administer first aid to the loving blank, worthless poo poo

Grognan posted:

HACK THE SKITARIII

Redly
Aug 17, 2014

Meep! ^_^

LowellDND posted:

What do you do?

Invite her to tea and crumpets with Athena
Why torture or coerce when we can simply welcome her to the fold? ^_^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redly
Aug 17, 2014

Meep! ^_^
RUN AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Regroup, analyze, prepare, fire ze missiles.
Why put ourselves in arm's reach?