Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Go with B

Also, as far as updates go, I'm generally more passive so I'm OK with more frequent updates at the cost of potentially skipping the chance to vote. I'm here for the story, not to sperg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Oh, so it's one of THESE kinds of CYOAs.

.....voting C

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Put your fAith in the Emperor. The Emperor protects!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Asehujiko posted:

E

Prevent the ship from blowing up while Red 5 drives off. Then, announce that the race was actually a secret test of character to see who's mind was the most focussed on keeping the ship intact in the event of a (totally planned) catastrophe like this. Declare yourself the winner.

Please do this.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

C2

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Looking forward to severe heresy up in this thread :getin:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

C

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Blessed be the machine spirits that watch over all.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Investigate those "Servitors". It's likely to be more than it seems, and they were probably counting on no one knowing the difference.

LowellDND posted:

Oh god Im turning into David Weber

I actually really enjoy your detailed writing. You do a great job, and this is quickly turning into my favorite CYOA!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

LowellDND posted:

Investigate
A) Purple/Orange x x
B) Relic Merchant x x x x
C) Priests x x x x x
D) Servitors x x
E) Something Else

Get Flouro Cat
Yes x x x x x
No

Tentatively, Im going to start sketching a post about the priests, merchant, and the cat, although that might change by the time I actually start writing. Tomorrow afternoon maybe?

Don't ask us, you're the one writing the update.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

C, though it's going to be some nonsense like a fragment of the finger bone of some random they think is actually a Primarch.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

B, it hurts nothing to examine the bodies.

E, Can we ambush whoever is actually coming for these bodies?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

B nope nope nope nope nope this is something that requires backup. Get out immediately.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

my dad posted:

A fun explanation for the situation at hand would be a halo device. :v:

Fortunately, it's a highly unlikely one.

Do you mean an Iron Halo, or something else?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

GottA go with this.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Arkanomen posted:

Why not acid? Or little micro servo-spiders that inject acid?

Or micro servo spiders that inject smaller micro servo spiders that burrow through organs?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Serpentis posted:

B1, though remember as a point of order to investigate the claims about the Magos later once things have stabilized a little.

Voting for this.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

LowellDND posted:

Amacita did seem to find a somewhat heterodox one though, what with the "lets help the dregs" as opposed to "slave, know thy place."

Helping the dregs, eh? Would you say that they would be working towards a Greater Good?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Also no disrespect Lowell but could we turn down the number of Easter Eggs? Cheapens the exp rewards from actually playing the game IMO

I agree on this. If you're going to hand out XP or noticing your reference, make it 10xp or some other token value, so that we don't reference our way through a few perks.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Better do what we are best at.

Also, feel free to take a break if you need to. This is a great CYOA but you don't owe us anything!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Hey, LowellDND, could we maybe just take a little bit of the liquid instead of all of it? In the grim dark future, mass spectrography is probably pretty good.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

A 1.5 :colbert:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

I'm Down with that.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

LowellDND posted:

Oddly, I haven't seen Star Trek, so I had no idea what y'all were saying. Much like that episode :D

If you have Amazon Prime, all of the episodes are free to stream. It's all worth watching.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Diplomacy, master orator

We need more :words: up in this space hulk

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Rally the tribes

Is it worth telling Lord-Sire that you think that the riots are cover for a chaos subversion of the food?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

MaliciousOnion posted:

Last time it took our Lord-Sire in an exo-suit to put this thing down; I don't think we should go looking for a fight.

I vote B, with the purpose of shutting down the food distribution, and F calling an Omega.

This.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Bad things never happen from following daemons.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Obscil posted:

This is great. Hopefully we will never have to do tech support.

I like to think that we're more of a trouble shooter. We see trouble, and we shoot it.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

mepstein73 posted:

...Okay, just had a cool idea based on my last post's finish. We literally blow the Popsicle stand.

Slaanesh is about overindulgence and excess, right? It'd make sense that the cultists and servants of Slaanesh would love a good feast, especially an extravagant one. Say, if we blow open one of the tanks behind it marked "SWEETENER". A flood-o'-fructose would not only damage the false servitors and possibly the demon, but it serves a cool debilitating purpose too: they get all sticky and gummed up weapons, and may even turn to eating the sugary stuff to satiate their inherent need to indulge. It's like waving a bloody chunk of meat in the water in front of a shark. Instinct will overcome that cool golden facade if we tempt the demon within enough.

So yeah. Keeping my vote as B, attack, but specifically with the next post being called, Sticky Sweet Desires.

Please do this.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Grognan posted:

Getting the artifact in contact with the Demon will do the most harm. The best way to break someone of this variety is to dull their senses and make them bored. These things literally thrive on extreme sensation.

Lets give the daemon something that will make it difficult to notice even when directly staring at it, let alone target.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

D1

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

plan my dad

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Beautiful update.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

D1

Why would we not kick it into a vat of chemicals?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

LowellDND posted:

Thank you both!

A x x x x x, x x
B x x
C
D x
E
A/D x

1 x x x x x, x x x x x

...Hunh. That second vote is a lot more one sided than I expected. You are an unsentimental lot.

It's the Grim, Dark Future, we've seen what chaos brings and we want that power for ourselves, not others :smugissar:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

So, are they orcs or is this a gene stealer cult insurrection? I just want to know if we should expect an exterminatus or what.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

D. A.

We've landed in loot. Grab a Chimera or command vehicle, start rallying troops who will listen. The penals are our Ogryns now, we'll have to grab armour weapons and turn the pilgrims into mechanized infantry. Take the river bank with armour, charging into emplaced weapons is not what we do best.

Let's find the food plant and settle that first.

gently caress it, do this.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I was thinking more of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb-gI_pFog0

Now if only we had a drugged out woman duel wielding pistols with bloodlust....

We can probably purchase the relevant skill for dual wielding, you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

We are the Foreman's envoy