Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
Argh, a delay versus the boss fight! It's torturous,. Not sure if I've posted here yet but just wanted to say I'm loving the thread. I've only treaded very lightly in the warhammer world (I played the MMORPG for a month or two and read various background information) but this has made me a little more interested. Are there any warhammer books which are genuinely well written & enjoyable that people would like to recommend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
This seriously feels like a movie. I want to say D, but I'm thinking C.

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
Are we certain that there is even a proper connection to the top? It could be caved in. I wonder, is building a bridge or some kind of gondola-type apparatus back the way we came an option?

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
A thought about our subsixers. Tanya mentioned that mother had always taught that it was important that they remember the names of everyone down there. It's possible that there's more to this than simply tedium or some pseudo-cultural-religion thing. Perhaps them knowing all the names kept them linked to one another and to Mother / her commands? Not sure how this may effect us, if true, but it's a possibility to consider.

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.

VanSandman posted:

Time to quit playing the idiot tech-priest. E+A.
Immediately cease our babbling. Ask for clarification regarding the entities known as "Mother" and "Abraxes." Also ask for any proof, any at all, of their identity and more importantly that of their employer. Freely admire their handiwork disabling your security, but once we've regained control, suggest politely that it's time for a more equitable chat, as we are quite prepared to go to war in our own house. However, war is a destructive business. If they offer proof of their identity such that it is clear their boss is also our boss, admit that we have no proof as such of contact between Limosa and either entity but would be more than happy to fabricate some if they so desired.

Sounds good to me.

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
I'm feeling ambitious. D

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
Becoming the Lord Sire is a fine stepping stone but I have bigger aspirations for Ohone.

On another note, I would like to advise everyone not to underestimate Amacita. I feel like us perceiving her as not a threat / not doing anything might just be an effect of the xeno artifact. She may be far more dangerous than we realize and just expertly disguised as a complacent clerk on large effect because of that technology. Keep an eye on her, keep her in check, and let's never consider her a true ally for as long as she has that artifact.

Esper fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Feb 6, 2015

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.

Ralith posted:

This is an excellent point, and would explain why she was so desperate to get it back. The only surprising thing is that she told us about the artifact at all. Regardless, let's enact countermeasures.

Take a few hours once things have quieted down a bit and perform an accelerated-playback review of the recorded footage from the servoskull we set to follow her around. To combat the artifact, force ourselves to write down an itemized summary of every notable thing she does. Afterwards, if that list is empty, or even very sparse, we should assume we're being played--we know for a fact that she's been doing things like sitting in on inquisitorial interrogations. Try looking at randomly selected individual frames of video and describing in writing what they contain.

This, plus any additional tech-priest measures we can incorporate to help us avoid the influence of the xeno artifact.

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
C
I think this is Limosa's doing. He's implicating us in the removal of the Filthy Lucre. It's about time he made his move against us. Knowing that we would move to make the Lord Sire a profit off of the fall of the space elevator, we fell right into his trap... he even taunted us shortly before it happened, suggesting that we "had to do something" for the sake of our reputation.

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.

Tran posted:

D: "Even if you think I'd fake an attempt on my own life, even you must realize I wouldn't be this gauche about it." We simply don't have time to deal with this. It's just an assassination attempt, for nobility at Ohone's level it's like a friendly greeting.

Except to most of the people that matter, arranging something on that level would in fact be considered a significant mark in our favor.

If we successfully arrange it, yes. But we've already got this investigator all up in our business and I feel like it might just be the beginning of this seemingly too easy victory being pulled form our hands and turned into a discredit. We'll see.

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
E
He's willing to do what it takes to achieve his goals and he's easily manipulable. There are cogs in motion that are going to put us under suspicion for removing the ship & breaking the space elevator. By killing him, we are only further implicating ourselves -- we need to turn him right back around and use him to help prove ourselves innocent.

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
Changing my vote from E to A in hope of showing the kid some mercy

Esper fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 8, 2015

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
A
Let's do this

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
B
I'm feeling lucky

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
Vote is nearly split A/B .... C seems like a good compromise to me.

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
My first thought was Sincera, but I'm going to vote for Erasmus

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.

Kegslayer posted:

A

Let's just kill it quickly using everything but the ring unless we need to.

Everybody here knows that we're a tech priest so they wouldn't set up a trap for us here if there was the possibility that we could just hack the walls open.

This is what I was thinking. Sometimes you got to hack, and sometimes you got to hack and slash.

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
What? Come on, guys, dramatic entrance. Let's do this. A. Reveal Yourself

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
I'd love to get inside his head a little. Whatever we do, is there a way we could safely browse through his memories / thoughts and see if there's anything which may be useful to us? Beyond revealing possible assets (such as the condition and location of amacita) / possible latent dangers (such as the condition and location of amacita) it would simply be interesting from a lore perspective. Emphasis on safely - if there's some kind of daemonic influence here, let's not expose ourselves to it.

Of course, if this turns his brain to mush we should make sure to do it after making his life hellish.

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
Kill the orks, already Are these guys even a threat?

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
***mind blown***

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.

LowellDND posted:

“We realized the truth in Abrogation.”

What's Abrogation?

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
Let Athena do what she wants

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
Still reading this thread pretty much daily, and still enjoying it. I rarely feel I understand what's going on well enough to actually feel comfortable contributing, but I'm happy just seeing where the ride takes us.

The "asking him if he wants to leave" exchange with the centurion was particularly enjoyable and made me laugh. Keep up the good work!

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
Isn't it metagaming to go triple checking the feeds?

I'd say afford the feeds our normal (already very high) level of surveillance and suspicion. No reason for anything more excessive than usual.

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
Omega might have been a decent opportunity to hedge our riding bet with Loki... Too late to think of this now, but this Magos might of been our best (if still yet inadequate) opportunity to research (theoretically independently) the operating nature of the AI's. Oh well, as long as the AI's are altruistic and loyal to us to all time there's nothing to worry about.

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
What are the ramifications of handing over controls? Will we be able to wrestle back control if she doesn't let us? What if this all, including this confrontation, is a plot to get us to willingly hand over control?

I don't like this. I'm inclined to suggest we refuse... But I'm not actually voting as I do not fully understand the situation.

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.

Arkanomen posted:

And what failed fork of this bastard timeline are you?

Going with this. This person isn't our friend, let's not pretend they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
Are we sure Fabiyan won't identify with Oneoh's endgame more than Ohone's? I mean, he's the Eidoleon of Devotion, but to what, exactly? Us or Humanity?