Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I just caught up with this thread yesterday and it's very entertaining, I love the space hulk setting and that in the grim dark future there are only wacky races on the back of cyberzombie slaves :rice: Please keep going!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Pfft, I'm sure the cyclone torpedoes' machine spirits know the difference between a little promethium fire and a warhead detonation emergency, right? They'll be fiiiiiine. D :q:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Changing my vote to E2, my love of skullduggery has overcome my love of comically large explosions.... this time.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

MaliciousOnion posted:

C1, and I concur with Waci's advance suggestions.

+1 for this stuff.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I don't see why someone can't independently rediscover the principle of harnessing Chaos for the greater good without swearing fealty to a preexisting heretical sect. :colbert: Although I imagine that trying to operate as a rogue agent of Chaos (whatever our noble intentions) would be really drat hard with both the regular Inquisition and the Phaenonites with KOS orders on our asses.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Sep 7, 2014

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

C

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

D! Let's practice some social maneuvering.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Waci posted:

1) Buy Inquiry now.
C, priests are suspicious.

MaliciousOnion posted:

obtain a fluorescent cat.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Slaan posted:

Frisket is our Mastiff's name, obviously. :colbert:

And the cat is Flower.

:colbert:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Cannon_Fodder posted:

You're still holding the cat.

Throw the cat then A.

Flours's perched on our shoulder, it's fine.

A

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Arkanomen posted:

We can also scour their foul meat cognitors for all their secrets before being wiped for servitorization. The machine spirit will tell us everything, serve your penance well, meatbags.

This exactly. Meat interrogation is so last millennium. Make them serve the God they blaspheme so.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Colonel Wood posted:

D then E. Interrogate him then servitor him. Waste not, want not.

+1

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Volmarias posted:

B, it hurts nothing to examine the bodies.

E, Can we ambush whoever is actually coming for these bodies?

This sounds like a good idea. Catch 'em in the act.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

jng2058 posted:

gently caress it, someone's gotta...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E-MtJBAZvw

:stare: E Let's get weird

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Chantilly Say posted:

Backing this, kinda. Say we were on an errand from the ship's Machine Cult--the Magos will back us up, if asked--to double-check some maintenance work in this area, we were attacked by the idiots, tracked down the ritual dealer, then WHOA DAEMONHOST and we hit the panic button.

Edit:

Because we were attacked! Us, nobility! The nerve of them. We decided to go find this relic merchant and make him share the fate of those who attacked us.

This all sounds good to me.

Also, is "daemon" pronounced like "demon" or "day-mon"?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Arkanomen posted:

D then C
Investigating around shouldn't take long and once the cleaners clean we'll lose whatever may or may not be there.

This is my reasoning as well. Ssounds like Woodhouse is taking the news of a Warp incursion pretty badly, we should really check up on him.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

B1

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I will defer to the 40K vets and go AD.

Sounds good to me!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

LowellDND posted:

Do you want to talk to Amacita through the skull, while on the way to the Magos?
Or do you want to speak to Amacita directly, while the skull hangs out with Magos?

That one. Amacita will probably be pissed if we insult him with a remote chat, while Magos should be just fine with skull-skype.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

If you want more dakka AND the cleansing purity of fire, there's this thing: http://www.40krpgtools.com/armoury/weapon/first-founding/helfire-flamer/ :q:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

LowellDND posted:

It looks like its a Space Marine hand cannon :cheeky: Might need to ask Lord-Sire to see if he has one in storage.

Now that I actually bothered to look up the lore behind it, uh... a Hellfire Flamer maybe a bit overkill. At least for now. Given the current direction of our investigation, perhaps an Incinerator would be more effective.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

B

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Volmarias posted:

Better do what we are best at.

Also, feel free to take a break if you need to. This is a great CYOA but you don't owe us anything!

Backing up both of these, take care of yourself man.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Wentley posted:

Lets do that then!

Yeah, that sounds cool. Possibly use option D as a distraction (if they don't hypermutate, just detonate the tank).

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

D because it never hurts to have some Agents on the inside :c00l:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I'm for:
Cecking the quiet places.
AI Binding Kit. :awesomelon:
Yes I want a secret mission.

Just what I was gonna vote for. The AI Binding kit seems right up our alley, we just got the Machine-Spirits after all, but maybe I'm misunderstanding what it does for us?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

No dissection, Engineer

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

paragon1 posted:

I'm voting Common Lore Administarium, Scholastic Lore Bureaucracy, Forbidden Lore (Inquisition).

At last, knowledge of the Great Machine called Government! We shall split the Red Tape and part the Dreaded Queue! We shall lack no Form and no Mis-filing shall waylay us! The long awaited Grand Appointment is nigh!

Backing this. The only thing more difficult to navigate than the twisting corridors of Between are the arcane paths of politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Waci posted:

Voting for Plan Lanky Coconut Tree.