Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I rarely vote, more content to just read. And this CYOA is written wonderfully. Thanks for the entertainment dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Wentley posted:

Thanks! Then I'd go for:

Peer Nobility
Fel Simple
Pack Hunter

We're going to be fighting, we need to be better at it, as this encounter shows.

This and A

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I'm sad we aren't becoming a rigger. A pack of cyber-hounds and weaponized servo skulls sounded fun.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I have no idea what I'm reading. I'm not even sure if I like it.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
We can say that we observed possible cult activity while doing routine checks of vidcasters in the area. Make up some technobabble that sounds plausible. Then the investigstions, the merchant, the fight with the cultists and then that creature of the Warp.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

my dad posted:

Not quite. If we say that we originally suspected a cult, and didn't convey this to the heads of the family, we'd end up in some deep poo poo.

Answer: (The main points, the whole answer to be formed by LDND depending on our rolls)
We (now) believe a cult was aboard the ship for the purpose of summoning and/or feeding that thing. After interrogating a false relic merchant, and seeing the butchered corpses the merchant was harvesting, we realized that we ran into something extremely dangerous. He confessed that he was dealing in false relics, and that many people were forced to remain silent about ongoing murders after our cousin killed the suspect. We stayed to see who the real culprit was, and saw that thing followed by a number of fake servitors. We fought them off to the best of our abilities, and warned the family of this terrible danger as soon as we got the chance to.

As for how we stumbled into this mess, well... We ran into a group of madmen that tried to kill us (those fuckers called us an Iron Man) thinking we were after some relic of theirs. A line of inquiry led us to the false relic merchant in this building.

As for why we ran into the madmen in the first place, we should sigh, and confess that we were suspicious about the murder investigation and decided to do some snooping on our own, hoping to gain favor with the liege and benefit the family if our suspicions prove true. (As far as I'm aware this is the truth, just not the whole truth)

If we're pressed about that thing trying to influence us, we'll admit that it tried, but our faith in the Omnissiah kept us strong, and our shots gave the thing and its lackeys a loud NO.
End of answer

We should try to frame this the way that benefits us the most, and let him draw the conclusions.

My Dad dropping some sweet plannage as usual.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Does our Lord Sire sport an Iron Halo to go with his suit of incredibly powerful armor? It's the sort of thing he'd need to really deal with a demon.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Tran posted:

We're doing the whole infiltrator thing, so get a suit of Xeno Mesh w/ hood (4/all) [475] that can be hidden under Ohone's robes.

When it comes to a weapon it depends on whether Lowel will allows us to "trade up" our weapon's quality later through trade (armorer) tests or just spending the difference. If yes, try for a Dlaku Pattern hellgun [500] w/ compact mod [50]. Small enough to implant in the arm and tie to her internal power system, and scary enough to make even a mediocre shooter like her a terror. Once upgraded to good quality you'd hardly ever need anything else. If trade-in isn't allowed, grab a (relatively) cheap Minerva Aegis [150] until we get more thrones. Whatever we go with, we want high RoF.

In addition, there are a few sundries that we should pick up. Las Charge Packs x4 [60] & Pistol Charge Packs x2 [20] so we can actually shoot things, a Stummer [20] to silence our surroundings when we want to be sneaky, and an Explosive Collar [55] for reasons.

Total cost of 1180 if trade in is allowed, 780 if not.

I'm on board with this plan. Full auto is the king of Dark Heresy and hellguns are sweet. Plus the xeno mesh works better than carapace for us because we're being sneaky.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
We need to turn ourselves into a Chem lab

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

mepstein73 posted:

D is for Dune references.

Oh yes, this will be good.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Tran posted:

The file suggested that the chemical is just intended to make the recipients better soldiers and more easily controlled through telepathic powers. Unless you think someone is going to murder Ohone by way of mind controlling her cat, I think we're fine.

1) Yes Ohone is building a personality as someone bold and supremely ambitious. This is right up her alley, potentially big risk for greater influence with two of the big sources of power on ship.

2) D, sort of. Less asking Amacita, more kidnapping her as an act of kindness. If Ohone doesn't act, she will die badly. Either fighting in defense of the enemy or purged afterward to clear any remaining cult members. Capture her, lock her up, and interrogate her. Maybe we'll stumble across a method of undoing the indoctrination, or maybe it'll boil down to a mercy killing. Either way, it's far more kindness than she can expect on her current road.

As for experience spending, Investigation pack + Toughness increase. Pushes her over to 4 toughness bonus.

The man with the plan here.

Arkanomen posted:

A darmok? Here? Shaka, when the walls fell.

The demon is a Child of Tama!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

LowellDND posted:

Oddly, I haven't seen Star Trek, so I had no idea what y'all were saying. Much like that episode :D

I actually was inspired by a combination of the Damork from David Eddings and the critter from Babylon 5's Long Dark.

:stare:

Our next bodyguard/animal shall be named Ulath and it will be put in charge of the cooking.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Volmarias posted:

If you have Amazon Prime, all of the episodes are free to stream. It's all worth watching.

Netflix too

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Yes and Servo Master!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

LowellDND posted:

-Sees weird word-

-looks it up-

Holy crap, that never occurred to me. Thats an amazing response. :aaaaa:

Wow I just looked it up and now I want to do this too. Experiment on her!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Don't alert the Lord Sire. Or if you do, do it by a really slow servitor messenger. This is supposed to be our mess to clean up. We're being trusted.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

my dad posted:

Don't send the entire convoy back. Have a small group tag along with you. A small group of fighters and a leader you trust should do the trick. 10 tribesmen tagging along should greatly reduce our chances of getting swarmed right out the bat, and shouldn't hamper the village protectors.

Don't take the absolute best, you need those guys to make sure the fight with the luddite heretics ends fast so you can get full reinforcements ASAP. (But don't take the worst, either)
Actually, the crossed part would take too long to organize. Just ask for 10 brave volunteers to lead the charge with you, and send the rest back with someone you trust to deal with the raiders and come back to reinforce you ASAP.

My Dad always seems to have great plans. I'm proud of you pops.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

my dad posted:

Question: Do we have anything in our arsenal that could cause a bright, rapidly changing flash of light on frequencies just outside normal human vision range? Because I have an epileptically evil idea regarding our hypersensitive friends outside the food processor...

Brilliant again.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I don't like it. I don't like it at all. The Dregs and the Sisters both may be infected and fighting each other for the benefit of our distraction. If the dregs die and we implicitly trust the Sisters, as we would be expected to, then they could turn their weapons on us.

We aren't a part of the Imperial Cult. Kill them all, the Omnissiah shall know his own.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Don't call Omega until we know for SURE the thing is here. If our Lord Sire pops in and it turn out we were wrong he'll be a bit miffed.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

my dad posted:

B - and chant the Most Ancient Rite of Tech Support (discovered in the ruins of an ancient temple of the Machine God) to ward off the perfectionist heresy:

If errors plague us,
Malfunctions trick us,
Or bugs deceive us,
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Call sacred number
Seven Seven Six,
Two Three Two Three YES,
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Sacred technicians
Of the Machine God
Shall ask you questions,
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Have you checked the cables and connections?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Have you updated to the latest version?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Have you tried rebooting the machine?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Have you installed antivirus software?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Have you cleaned the machine regularly?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Did you at least write down the error code?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Do you know how much I hate people like you?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Wait, are you recording this?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

In the name of the Machine,
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Wentley posted:

D2

We didn't sell our soul to the demon, let's not do it to a silly artifact. Do we really want to end up like our cousin? Really?

Exactly! D2

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
A with a bit of E thrown in. Send the servitors to do their job, be unfeeling meatshields. I almost want to experiment with hurling the artifact at the daemon.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Goddamn do you paint a pretty picture. I can see the nightmarish warren in my mind as Ohone races along the catwalk towards the massive vat.

We really should bleach the whole drat thing and make that cocoon doesn't make it out.

Edit: Oh a new page huh. Well then enjoy this picture of what I believe Ohone looks like. I did not draw this, it's from a friend's art page.

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Dec 25, 2014

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

wiegieman posted:

We have to go back, Matthias. Back to the future!

A. Diplomacy is the only remotely good people skill Ohone has.

I was going to make that joke. :(

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

wiegieman posted:

B

There's a good chance these are tech-aborigines, descendants of the plant's original workers. That means we can get a plant and a ready-trained workforce all at the same time. We just need to talk them into it.

Exactly what I was thinking. These people are like the Tribes of Between, only in a Hive. B

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
C

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

JT Jag posted:

As we are an Inquisitor, and this is a powerful thing that is... was... an astropath, then there's a procedure to be followed here. The appropriate thing to do would be to take advantage of this thing's abilities as much as we can, and then turn it over next time we come across a Black Ship. More fuel to stoke the embers of the Emperor's heart.

We need to build our Retinue! Keep the Astropath.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
We can attach small weapons to servo-skulls. Like bolt pistols and plasma pistols.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
If we need to we can strip a vehicle and, after apologizing profusely to its Machine Spirit, use its parts.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
D

There's a reason that plaque is there.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Chantilly Say posted:

Give the skull a flare gun.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I've always liked Hellbastard as a skull name.

:skeltal:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Arkanomen posted:

+1 LCT E

If it won't speak back in binary then it is no tech priest. The bundles are obviously neural tissue of sorts. Regardless it is a foul work of Xeno or Chaos and must be burned. Cleanse the path with righteous fire and faith.

This is what happens to those who oppose Mother. They become part of a greater Brain elsewhere in the area.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
B

That was a kick rear end battle scene and I knew as soon as I read what your Cocktail was where you got it from.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Arkanomen posted:

Good thing we had a Tanya unit for the anti-infantry!

:psyduck:

Dual big pistols
Snarky attitude
Highly Athletic
How is she with explosives?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
If we're going to be an Inquisitor in truth we need to start building our Retinue. The sergeant is totally going to be in it, but Tanya should be and well. We should see how she shoots left handed.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

This place reeks of psyker filth, and the long years she and that spider thing habitated have tainted the earth with warp scum. We should burn it all, nothing cleanses better than fire.

Hiring her can be considered, if we place her in a hermetically sealed tank with a machine spirit constantly watching her to jettison and fill the tank with fire at the first sign of trouble.

Exactly. SHE says she is soulbound to the Emperor still, and we have no way of knowing otherwise.

Everything already said about burninating and recruiting the people here plus restocking with everything they have. Also invite Tanya into our Retinue. Make sure she gets some kickass augmetics when we get back to the Ship.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Tias posted:

SECUTOR!!! War-child of the machine god, with a loving array that can mount gun-tentacles! .

What he said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
You don't want Maglev Grace? I want Maglev Grace and to hell with the other choices.