Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

quote:

Things like living in a small town that owns a tank and police shootings, the legislation of women's reproductive systems, and everything about American politics in the last few decades are her reason for going. As to why NZ, she's read a bunch about the place and how nice it is for people who live there, about how their health care works and how beautiful it is and a bunch of other stuff that I'm sure the citizens like. She knows a few people who live there as well through a mother's group she's been a part of for a while.
How about instead of immediately rejecting her idea, at least pay it lip service, then go back to her with a list of pros and cons. Then you can be like, "well we probably can't move to NZ, but what we CAN do quite easily is move to a more progressive part of the country that doesn't have as many of these problems" and then have some info about New England or the pacific northwest. Never been to New Zealand myself, but when I was interested in the country a while back I remember people saying that near the coast in Oregon and Washington is somewhat similar climate-wise at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread