Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
If there's a jar, why not? Throw in a dollar. If not, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
Yeah, I was just talking about pizza places and the like. I've never gotten takeout from a real restaurant, and if I do (which I won't), I'll be sure to tip.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Okay, I'll confess here. I always tip when eat at a restaurant, but I usually do not tip if I'm getting takeout from a restaurant.

You should BURN in HELL.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

I tip if I've received service of an adequate standard or above i.e. not made to wait unnecessarily, reasonable questions or concerns dealt with, treated with politeness. I refuse to pay a 'discretionary service charge' if this doesn't happen and I could care less that you think I'm 'picking your loving pocket' for it. If the only value I've had is the meal itself then that's all I will pay for. A lot of people I know have the same attitude, a lot are meaner, and a lot are more generous and will tip regardless of how lovely you treat them. That you are bitter about it to the point of calling all non-tippers subhuman refuse makes me question the level of service you provide and if it's really as good as you think it is. Do you carry this attitude across when you serve people, maybe glare at them, daring them to not tip so you can call them wankers and then piss in their souffle?

Are you talking about not tipping after sitting down and eating at the restaurant?

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
Even if you've had exceptionally bad service, you should at least pay the service charge. Not looking like a baby while complaining to the manager about the charge is worth the price alone.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
I've always wondered at the ease with which chefs cum in stingy people's food. Do they keep dirty magazines in the kitchen?

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
I guess the lesson is not to eat at a restaurant if you're ever in Florida. The chefs can cum in people's food at will, and the way it's done is probably so haphazard that three or four plates of food for Regular Joes get cummed on in the crossfire of the cumming meant for The Cheapskate's food.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

Crunk Abortion posted:

It's not the chefs you have to worry about, it's the busboys.[/spoiler]

Great. I get mistaken for a profligate cheapskate by a busboy who's nearly blind because of a darting accident, and I get cum in my food for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

When I was in the US taxi drivers expected a tip, please explain why I should give them extra money for doing their job of driving me the fastest route from one place to another? Also barmen/ladies expected tips why should I tip someone for reaching into a fridge and handing me a bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale?

in the US you tip your taxi driver, you tip your waiter, you tip your bartender, you tip your barber. if you don't do these things, you're an rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread