Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

LorneReams posted:

Sounds like your employer is loving you. You should quit.

for real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

wait are we talking about that curbside takeaway from applebees or whatever bullshit? if so, then lol

i never tip if im picking up a pizza or some sandwiches or whatever.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I'm talking any restaurant. Pizza place, Applebees, the nice Greek place down the street... I usually don't tip if I'm getting takeout.

I go out to eat a lot, but only get takeout a handful of times per year. They usually just take my card over the phone and when I get there they just hand me the food. I normally never have to take out my wallet during the process.

Never tip for takeout. Tip for waitered service and delivery, only because the restaurant industry is run by scum.

and still, lol applebees

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Only got takeout once from Applebees a few years ago when hurricane Irene knocked out power to my town for three days. It was right across the street from where I work and I was desperate :qq:

at least you did the right thing and didn't tip.

i mean i really can't comment on the tax situations of wait staff because i've never been desperate enough to dance for nickles as libertarians clucked their tongues at my submissive position to a slavedriving food network chef-owner wannabe

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

The people I know who work in bars almost never shut up about the crazy amount of TAAAAX FREEEEEE money they make in tips every night.

that's cool, i work in an office and make a crazier amount of taxed money, so much that i can give it away as tips

i mean its soulsucking and i have no stories to tell except the one time i got a cube by the window but someone kept closing the blinds

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Mike the TV posted:

oh thats cool i use the money i receive as tips to purchase goods and services provided by the company that employs you as well.

the economy is a lie

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I don't understand who I'm tipping because there is usually someone who takes my order, and then shows up occasionally when they're not on a smoke break, and an entirely different person actually brings me my food. Is this person only qualified to carry food? Is the waitress above carrying food?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Clochette posted:

I wish tipping wasn't a thing. It makes me feel like an imperious queen, arbitrarily judging the peasants and granting them a few measly dollars depending on the alignment of the planets. I just wish establishments would automatically add a gratuity to the price in order to avoid triggering my crippling social anxiety and low self-esteem.

we should mandate by law that tipping be abolished and workers be paid a reasonable wage. low end restaurant workers will love it, fancy restaurant workers will hate it. business owners will whine buy be largely unaffected because they typically don't understand economics.

• Locked thread