Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

It's all a sliding scale from "technically the comics are as canon as the movies" to "yeah the movies are kinda dumb too" anyway. I do really want Shatterpoint to do Andor characters in the Clone Wars cartoon style though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

It's all a sliding scale from "technically the comics are as canon as the movies" to "yeah the movies are kinda dumb too" anyway.

I just mean "EU" in the kind of trashy star wars brand licensed spinoff way anyhow. once we have the goofy diet darth vader who runs a school for students who aspire to being mara jade, i'm okay with a team up between carth onasi, darth krayt, and the kid-friendly clone troopers who have a problem with discipline and conformity

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

StashAugustine posted:

It's all a sliding scale from "technically the comics are as canon as the movies" to "yeah the movies are kinda dumb too" anyway. I do really want Shatterpoint to do Andor characters in the Clone Wars cartoon style though

The comics provide Doctor Aphra plus the murder droids and Krrsantan but also lightsaber kneepad guy.
Star Wars EU is a land of contrasts.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

canyoneer posted:

The comics provide Doctor Aphra plus the murder droids and Krrsantan but also lightsaber kneepad guy.

is there something bad about aphra, idgi

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Cease to Hope posted:

is there something bad about aphra, idgi

Naah Aphra, droids and bounty hunter wookiee are cool in my book.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

canyoneer posted:

To be fair, lightsaber kneepad guy is from the other continuity and they haven't got that silly yet.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

canyoneer posted:

Naah Aphra, droids and bounty hunter wookiee are cool in my book.

Aphra is fun on her own, Trip and BT just elevate her though. Trip in particular, he’s an artist and will happily show you his skills :)*

*:gonk:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Arquinsiel posted:

To be fair, lightsaber kneepad guy is from the other continuity and they haven't got that silly yet.

I'm mistaking it for the Vader comics with the clown car of the emperor's backup apprentices including the 4 armed cyborg Mon Calamari

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
That mess is Sheev loving with Vader by giving him crap like recycled Grievous and claiming he's a legit potential apprentice just so Vader gets more and more angry at everything.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

hoiyes posted:

Luke Skywalker, Bariss Offee, Darth Maul, the Grand Inquisitor, Obiwan and a Stormtrooper sergeant

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1775931341353140575

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

drat I walked right into that one, just forgot to mention Grevious somehow.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://www.wargamer.com/board-games-publisher-asmodee-900-million-debt

quote:

Embracer saddles Asmodee with €900 million debt, cuts it loose

I'd sell your Unlimited cards while you still can if you bought big.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Is it really that bad? I know people who have gone all in SW:U or Shatterpoint.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
People talk about it like it's the end-times, but Embracer had $2billion in debt if I recall correctly.

Also, the Asmodee unit had something like $40million in profits last time they reported (again, IIRC). Given even conservative servicing costs, Asmodee might not be making a ton of profit but that's more than enough to cover the servicing costs.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

CitizenKeen posted:

People talk about it like it's the end-times, but Embracer had $2billion in debt if I recall correctly.

Combined with its existing obligations, Asmodee is now sitting on €1.59b ($1.7b) debt on its lonesome. "Run for the doors" strikes me as alarmist but it's not great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, the article mentions the move just saddles almost the entirety of the debt on Asmodee leaving two of the three companies with .06 debt to yearly profit before discounts for depreciation and amortization ratio and Asmodee at a 3.9 debt to yearly profit after discounts for depreciation and amortization ratio.

Asmodee is now sitting on interest payments of more than half their yearly profit.