Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Well, at least the game is still alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I've been away from the game for a while: What's with those icons on the right and left side of the cards? The numbers over dial icons?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Finally got one of my friends to pick up the game and of course he did so by buying a Super Star Destroyer. And gently caress that thing is huge.

Of the small/medium ships I sent at it in the first wave, only a single MC-30 made it out alive with a single hull point left. Motherfucking ship is so tough it ate nearly the entire damage deck, and I mainly won only because I got a bunch of extremely lucky crits that crippled his ship and dropped his shields when and where he needed them most, and because the two MC-30 Torpedo frigates I sent at him were able to do a ludicrous amount of damage at close range while he obliterated my smaller ships.

Fun game, awesome model, looking forward to seeing it on the tabletop again.

Has anyone seen one with a light kit installed?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

StashAugustine posted:

Somebody tell me this is a terrible idea

I dunno, is running a bunch of Nebulon B's a bad idea??

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Where I was aramada was completley dead outside five or so very dedicated guys who would show up for OP. And this was like 2018.
It's too bad because I actually liked armada more than x wing (the ships were big enough that I could disassemble them and add LEDs, I had my MKII's painted as killer whales. And then you could just add a million dice to your attack pools.

But it was a nightmare to setup and it really REALLY was not suited for OP.
Thematic story time? Sure. But the OP standard was awful.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

bunnyofdoom posted:

God that was such a fun game.

Also on the whole non-Star Wars models for Armada, Mel's miniatures has BSG at least for armada

Now there an IP with only a handful of ships.
But also lol if they made cards for the thirty civilian ships in the floatilla

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Basically I want to rerun the whole of the TIE Fighter campaign in both armada and x wing thanks

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Feeple posted:

I want the Ultimate experience where we can resolve Armada Squadron combat via X Wing.

The game takes 10 hours to resolve.
Oh so about an hour shorter than a mission of tie fighter?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Does armada use x wings rolling point thing because I didn't see point values on those ships

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

bunnyofdoom posted:

Well, this revived the x-wing thread some, so have some terrible homebrew I have found

Those Katana Fleet title upgrades are so dumb

I would rework the six dreadnought title to be moble bomb and just go "wheeeeeeeee" the whole game like an idiot as I try and ram a cr90

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Jarvisi posted:

Release the sun crusher you cowards. I want to solo enemy fleets

If your opponent doesn't place a planet though aren't you hosed?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hell even scum. Hutt frigates, maurauder corvettes etc

Maurauder?
the CR-92 is an assassin!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
As you should be. Those are gorgeous.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Also change the thread title, I don't know what.
AMG Merc entities?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Pretty.
And insane.
The armada experience.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I put lights in my ships. The true madness is freezing and carefully disassembling an ISD.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I also posted this in the x wing thread. So please excusethe double post:

Former xwing/armada grinder here, I have a bunch of promos from organized play and I was wondering if I had anything of value or a goon wanted to give them a good home. No 2.x stuff but:
Movie stills, full arts, plastic cards, arubesh, op damage decks, dice bags, card binder medals and coins. Is it worth it to even itemize this stuff?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Muir posted:

Anybody here getting into Shatterpoint?

What happened to IA?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

JazzFlight posted:

Is it just me or is the artwork for the next FFG Star Wars CCG really ugly? I much prefer the style they’ve been using for years (or some new more outlandish cartoon look). What they chose instead is suuuuuper bland and cheap.
Somewhere a Hasbro ceo gets real excited and has no idea why

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
...and Armada?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
:(

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I went to my LGS and the guy behind the counter was so happy that he'd finally got his armada ssd. :3:

Also he was happy because he thought armada was done and that means his collection is complete

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
They closed their forums too. So aggravating. I just can't believe this is what they thought would happen. Either FFG or Asmodee

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Is it booster packs or LCG?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Napoleon Nelson posted:

It's a size issue, the lucrehulk is twice as long as an imperial SD. And almost that wide.

What

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Ominous Jazz posted:

My friend won ~500 bucks of armada stuff from our local store only to find out that they're no longer stocking them

Heh, the perfect prize

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
That guy me to here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1664809598...emis&media=COPY

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Who's this elf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Elblanco posted:

Boba Fett, he's pretty good IMO, but I think people are overhyping him by a ton.

On par with the films