Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Arquinsiel posted:

It seems like it's in a really weird niche right now when the core books give you most if not all of the mechanics you need for any given campaign concept, and Wookieepedia exists for all the splatbook setting building you would want for a different world. I'm kind of amazed that they bothered to reprint the Sourcebook for the old West End game given how little it adds to the game rules for that system even.

The sourcebook has stats for a lot of vehicles, droids, and aliens that don't appear in the main D6 rulebook. The game is kinda incomplete without it. (The game is still kinda incomplete with it, and you probably want to also get the Rules Companion and Gamemaster Kit.) And besides, it's sort of the ur-text of Wookiepedia, the first published catalog of Star Wars knowledge that treats it like a setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU