Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I mostly say "you're welcome" when people say thanks for a thing I did, but when I am given service I like to say "no thank YOU!" Or "that was lovely, you did a great job". But sometimes "you're welcome" just kinda falls out and makes it awkward for everyone.

I don't think I've ever said "uh huh" in response to "thank you".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

One time I was mad at my husband and he said "I love you" and I said "GOOD SO YOU SHOULD". It felt harsh.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

LifeSizePotato posted:

no problem
sure thing
you bet
happy to help
thank you
don't mention it
any time
uh huh
ain't no thang, brotha

these all sound better than "you're welcome" 99% of the time

I know, and they were all beaten out of me when I did call centre work. They were very definite about phrases you could and could not say. "No problem" was absolutely forbidden as the word "problem" might cause someone to think about problems, and "any time" suggested that people should call when they didn't need to. Lots of others were considered not formal enough. That call centre was weird as poo poo and hosed me up more than the years I spent doing every drug I could get my hands on.
I don't do many drugs any more but I do still say "that's correct" instead of "yeah" too often for comfort.

• Locked thread