Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Why aren't votecounts recorded at the end of each day. It's so annoying to backtrack votes. :argh:

Rarity posted:

Somber was trying to push merk over Crazy when they became the only two viable candidates, then ended up agreeing that a Crazy lynch was fine but never put down a vote. It looks like he was trying to keep up appearances while hoping for a no lynch. Not going to vote yet because I want to give him a chance to respond but I see it.

I think Winvirus is a nutterbutter. But Somber was quick to jump off his Merk target to agree with him to shift the vote in something more favorable. It's coming across as desperate. That paired with Rarity's case here, I'm confident in it.

##vote Somberbrero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

kilran posted:

Suffice to say I am disappointed that no one has even bothered to re-read Rarity. I'm sensing that this is not going to happen d1. I have the instincts of a journalistic investigator. All I need is a lead.

I'm not voting merk. I think CE is a bad vote but its preferable to merk right now. CE posts weird and gets voted most games. Its an easy target and I don't like it. Similarly, merk has stuck his neck out, rubbed a few people the wrong way and if you're honest, that's the main reason you are voting him.

Hey look who was right.

I wouldn't be my paranoid-don't-assume-anything self if I didn't suspect merk of going for the Magic Bus Trophy but that will be the last place I look for scum for a few days.

I'm not spending all d2 defending myself from Yuming because frankly, lynching me would be doing me a favour (I quit mafia because I don't have the time to play as I would want and I guess I still don't have that time but I don't quit games). Also she's completely wrong: she picked out that one post but if she actually read around it, she'd know I wasn't casing her! I was answering Somb as to why I always think Yuming is scummy and wow, what I said was true! Funny that.

I will be re-reading in context of flips.

Suffice to say I think WV's claim is bullshit but my feelings on Somb have greatly soured but I want to look at things again before I say more.

Also, Wins, are you actually going to play on d2?

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
Mafia Edit;

FFS phone posting is the worst. This was meant to be quoted in my post;

kilran posted:

Yuming states her entire argument is down to his tone. I just feels like she's spinning out facts.

I said that right at the time I was explaining to Somb.

gently caress it, I bought internet access on my train commute. For you, Ecco, for you.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

yuming posted:

I... have a town read on Pig for like the first time ever.
I would like Yuming to explain this however.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Somberbrero posted:

Yuming town mvp 2014.

Also, I agree with you that Pig is really posting his guts out here. I like it, but I'm very confused.
Ok, am I missing something? Why do both you feel CPig is town on the basis of nothing?

Does this belief still ring true?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If there are 2 scum teams would that show from flips or would we never know?

I'm willing to listen to winvirus's case on Cpig but at the moment I feel most confident about Somber.

##vote Somber

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I don't think there's two scum teams. Reads more like an SK and scum, I feel. I also think anyone even considering voting Merk at this point is the biggest idiot. I also see no reason why Winvirus would lie about something like that on day two. If he were scum, it'd be a really stupid gambit to get one more town person lynched and then have suspicion on him the rest of the game.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Little Mac posted:

I also see no reason why Winvirus would lie about something like that on day two. If he were scum, it'd be a really stupid gambit to get one more town person lynched and then have suspicion on him the rest of the game.

An N1 cop flip means that scum could easily claim paranoid cop to get a lynch without having to worry about explaining their investigation history. It's a risk and I'm not saying I believe winvirus is doing that (I'm waiting on his case to decide that) but I think it's a possibility that's worth keeping in mind.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

It's possible but it would be super-dumb. It'd be much smarter to not say anything as scum and blend into the background. There's a lot of players this game. Wouldn't be hard.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Little Mac posted:

It's possible but it would be super-dumb. It'd be much smarter to not say anything as scum and blend into the background. There's a lot of players this game. Wouldn't be hard.

Wouldn't be the first time WV faked a cop investigation as Town to get someone he thought was a scum killed.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
D2 copclaims are a nulltell. No good cop claims right after their first investigation, regardless of the result. You need to confirm your sanity while leaving breadcrumbs to who you investigated. Winvirus is pushing a gut read on cpig and that's it.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I think if he was claiming just cop that'd be true but he's even including that he might not be sane. I dunno, I think were he scum and lying entirely then there'd be no reason to even claim it.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
This says it all.

Reading through, Rarity has all the classic scum tells:

1. Not really casing
2. Too much discussion of side issues
3. Using too many mafia buzzwords which don't really mean anything to justify arguments

Also this highlights defending her scumbuddy.

##unvote

##vote Rarity

Little Mac posted:

I think if he was claiming just cop that'd be true but he's even including that he might not be sane. I dunno, I think were he scum and lying entirely then there'd be no reason to even claim it.

If WV made a fake claim and included a sanity test, then if he flips town, we don't instantly lynch him.

wins32767 posted:

I'm on the fence on merk right now. My gut is saying scum (and I like yuming's case), but I've got this nagging voice in the back of my head saying no for reasons I can't really articulate. Rarity's vote is really bad though.

Hi Wins... on the fence much?

kilran posted:

And "Oh that's just Meinberg!" isn't a defence.

Apparently it was! :D

chaoslord posted:

Some of us like not having avatars :colbert:

hahahaha

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kilran posted:

Also this highlights defending her scumbuddy.

You realise that post of winvirus's is totally wrong, yeah? As in, he later saw that I had in fact kept on questioning him but he missed the post?

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
Dammit wrong post. Looks like I forgot how to internet.

Try this.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
OMG I am the worst.

Will sort my poo poo out tonight after work.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

kilran posted:

If WV made a fake claim and included a sanity test, then if he flips town, we don't instantly lynch him.

No, I get that. However suspicion would be on him the rest of the game and he could only pull that trick once. I dunno, seems like too much risk for not nearly enough reward to me.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
##vote wins32767

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Little Mac posted:

Unless he was some role that would benefit from being targeted by scum.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

tearshed posted:

##vote wins32767

Any reason for that other than him not posting for a day or so?

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Rarity posted:

You realise that post of winvirus's is totally wrong, yeah? As in, he later saw that I had in fact kept on questioning him but he missed the post?

I am actually going to stand by that post.

You did query WV over that point, sure, but you actually voted me, then pressed Rascyc and ultimately landed on merk after his case unfolded.

It's the defending your scum buddy which I am highlighting, no repeating the same irrelevant question to WV. ~content generation~

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tearshed's contributions today are to be snide to merk, discredit winvirus, and then drop a lurker vote with no context while we have several actual good candidates we're discussing.
So yeah, he's scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kilran posted:

It's the defending your scum buddy which I am highlighting, no repeating the same irrelevant question to WV. ~content generation~

Wait, who are you saying is my scum buddy in this situation? You are talking about winvirus, right?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'll be your scum buddy, Rarity. :toot:

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

kilran posted:

Wouldn't be the first time WV faked a cop investigation as Town to get someone he thought was a scum killed.

tearshed posted:

D2 copclaims are a nulltell. No good cop claims right after their first investigation, regardless of the result. You need to confirm your sanity while leaving breadcrumbs to who you investigated. Winvirus is pushing a gut read on cpig and that's it.

Yep, I'm guessing that's the case here.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If there's an SK, I think the Taste kill is the SK. Taste looked scummy from yesterday by never discussing Crazyeyes. He looked like a good SK target.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

or:

merk posted:

Crazyeyes posted:

This is adorable. It's like you have never played with Win before (I don't know if you actually have).

Crazyeyes posted:

I would also vote Cpig. Look at his post history. He is either spouting meaningless gibberish or throwing a vote on whoever seems to have impetus building.

##unvote
##vote Cpig

How can he make this vote in one breath but make a meta defense of winvirus in another? This is textbook Cpig regardless of alignment. This looks like a weak attempt to fake scum hunting.

Going back a bit I noted this part (again) - my gut says not to trust winvirus for the implied connection.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

merk posted:

If there's an SK, I think the Taste kill is the SK. Taste looked scummy from yesterday by never discussing Crazyeyes. He looked like a good SK target.

Do SKs care about what their targets are?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

dorkanoid posted:

Do SKs care about what their targets are?

Yes, definitely. You usually want to use your kill in a way that it is guaranteed to work, and you usually want to try to hit scum because they are your biggest threat. There are exceptions to that rule of thumb.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CapitalistPig posted:

Don't let him slide on this weak bullshit.

If he's telling the truth he is a paranoid because I'm VT go ahead and kill me so you can lynch somber and then this guy.

##vote somber

Do you think he's telling the truth or not? Your vote implies that you think he's paranoid.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think CPig is a good vote. His content yesterday jumping to and off of CrazyEyes multiple times looks scummy. He's also the only person CrazyEyes cased/voted, and the case/vote looks like something completely awful with trumped up language to sound legitimate. That is, it looks like it could be a bus/distance. With this stuff and winvirus' result (even with a Cop flip out there), I don't see why we wouldn't lynch CPig.

I still think Keane is a good lynch target as well. I'll make a case on him later maybe.

##vote Pig

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Met posted:

Any reason for that other than him not posting for a day or so?
His D1 posts were icky. Mostly re: calling chaoslord scum a few times over (which I don't see), and I don't like the tone he has re: questioning why juanito was defending chaoslord. Also wins called Rasyc a she which is information that's new to me ??

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

I think this is the main point for the case on Somber?

Somberbrero posted:

As much as I love rando turbos Crazy is fine if we can't lynch merk. Would prefer winvirus or rarity though.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Opopanax posted:

Tearshed's contributions today are to be snide to merk, discredit winvirus, and then drop a lurker vote with no context while we have several actual good candidates we're discussing.
So yeah, he's scum.
Every single time man.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Someone PM me so I can PM Ixtlilton about posting more votecounts.

e: made and posted a Final Day 1 Votecount before the Day 1 execution flavor.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Aug 21, 2014

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

tearshed posted:

His D1 posts were icky. Mostly re: calling chaoslord scum a few times over (which I don't see), and I don't like the tone he has re: questioning why juanito was defending chaoslord. Also wins called Rasyc a she which is information that's new to me ??

And why isn't this information in the vote post?

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

dorkanoid posted:

:norway:

Would vote tearshed.

...for real this time.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

dorkanoid posted:

And why isn't this information in the vote post?
Whenever I see a vote and a case in the same post, I tend to focus on the big bold text and sorta skip the case part. I figure this happens to other people. If you split up the vote and the case, it forces people to read what you say, and also helps create dialogue I guess.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

merk posted:

I think CPig is a good vote. His content yesterday jumping to and off of CrazyEyes multiple times looks scummy. He's also the only person CrazyEyes cased/voted, and the case/vote looks like something completely awful with trumped up language to sound legitimate. That is, it looks like it could be a bus/distance. With this stuff and winvirus' result (even with a Cop flip out there), I don't see why we wouldn't lynch CPig.

I still think Keane is a good lynch target as well. I'll make a case on him later maybe.

##vote Pig
Whenever Cpig claims VT, he usually means it. I haven't seen an exception to this yet. Also winvirus' cop thing is bogus so I have no idea why you are including that.

Looking forward to hearing your keane case though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

dorkanoid posted:

I think this is the main point for the case on Somber?

To be clear, I'd put a vote there just based on this really defensive "well I guess we can lynch CE, but you all know we don't have to, right?" This "rando turbo" was 1 hour before deadline, and had been building for a day or so before.

• Locked thread