Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Ugh. This game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

Who here would've fought tooth and nail to keep JakeP from getting a modkill? Me. There's no way that happens on my watch.

It's me! I did, too! And it still happened anyway, and I'm really sore about it because it made me remember that running mafia games is just babysitting two dozen manchildren for "fun"!

CCKeane posted:

What is your favorite kind of dessert?

Cookies and cream ice cream on an oreo cheesecake.

CCKeane posted:

Who is your favorite historical figure?

Eleanor Roosevelt.

CCKeane posted:

What was your favorite class in high school?

IB Social Anthropology.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Whew, I'm glad I got the answer to those three questions.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I can't vote anyone else here. What a feeling what a feeling~

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

EccoRaven posted:

It's me! I did, too! And it still happened anyway, and I'm really sore about it because it made me remember that running mafia games is just babysitting two dozen manchildren for "fun"!

Wow ecco don't get mad over a game

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ecco please stop talking to us. Your interactions with Merk actually make me not want to vote him and that's ridiculous.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
You're ridiculous!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Yeah I'm done.

Ixt has the setup he can finish off the game from here. Submit all night actions to him.

I'm out.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Godspeed, Ecco.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm sorry, Ecco. I love you.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Ecco T. Raven, bastion of maturity in the Mafia Community

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Ixt has asked me to replace in for eccoraven. please direct all future questions to me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I would say there isn't text big and red enough for quitting your own game but honestly this might be for the best! Kudos to whoever has put up with this.

If anyone wants to figure this out for me tonight so we can win and go home that'd be stellar. I'm leaning away from merk and that drives me crazy.

Everyone has a degree of fairly objective town credit but I think the key to this is in sorting out risk/reward for scum. I'll do my best to play some loving mafia tomorrow.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
merk

Credit: Led lynch on CrazyEyes. Called out Juanito when he was under relatively little pressure.

Risk: Fair. Crazy was serious dead weight, as evidenced by him giving up on the thread. Juanito is a bit different. That's a pretty hard bus.

Reward: Fair. Any pressure on merk evaporated after day one.

winvirus

Credit: Presumably submitted Juanito for death at the hands of The Midnight Society on night three.

Risk: Low. Juanito was starting to lose it in the thread and merk was calling for his head. He probably would have been up on the block in the next couple days otherwise. It wasn't until after his death that Little Mac revealed he could kill everyone on his list.

Reward: High. I think it's safe to say that this is a strong part of why winvirus is alive.

yuming

Credit: Submitted by Jake to The Midnight Society night one.

Risk: Fair. Unless Jake had a better understanding of how the system worked than we know, yuming could easily have been picked for night one after her failed push on merk. This would be a hard bus and a great move on Jake's part. However, looking at the other submission choices, this is less dangerous than it seems. Between Meinberg, Me, and yuming, I would pick yuming last.

Reward: High. Yuming has been coasting for most of this game. I think it's only because of her name submission that she's still in play. Her role is sketchy and her participation has been less than awesome.

Keane

Credit: Submitted by Jake to The Midnight Society night two.

Risk: Low. Hear me out on this. After Jake saw yuming get through unscathed night two, I can definitely picture him sending a buddy through. Keane had little heat on him, other than merk. There were lots of better submission choices. Night two is Cpig/Me/Keane. I know Keane would be my last pick there.

Reward: Fair. Keane hasn't had a major presence this game and it's a large part of why he's been off the table since Jake's flip.

Little Mac

Credit: Killed Juanito.

Risk: High. No reason to waste a kill here when you could off a townie instead, unless you wanted to make killing Opop and kilran simultaneously look believe.

Reward: Huge. I've actually been looking at Little Mac as only possibly 3p or town and seeing everything laid out objectively makes me wonder if that's very foolish.

wins

Confirmed by Ecco cop.

Looking at it this way, I think it's winvirus or Keane. I am going to vote Keane. His credit is the most easily faked and he had the most to gain.

Keane, I'm really really sorry if you're town. I feel a certain sense of camaraderie with everyone who has made it to this point and your posts made me laugh and stop taking this stupid game so seriously. If you're scum, then well played.

##vote CCKeane

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I ain't scum and I think you're really just about making merk eat a worm, albeit of the gummy variety.

Also I do think its bizarre that people are saying I haven't been in this game when I have more posts than everybody except merk.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Somb, do you believe Keane is a tracker? If so, do you believe he could kill and track the same night? Pretend he IS scum -- I don't remember the timeline of things, but the night he proved he tracked chaos to merk would he have been the only scum alive and thus, unless he can track and kill in one night,

I just have a seriously hard time seeing Keane as scum.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Also worth noting, none of the flipped scum have had truly active actions beyond killing (goon-goon-contractor-assassin), it seems awfully weird to mix a tracker in with that. It just doesn't jive with me. I'm borderline staunchly refusing to kill Keane, even if it means you feel like I'm the better lynch. I still feel like merk is the right move today and me submitting Mac is the right move tonight.

My gut says merk dying will win the game though

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

winvirus posted:

Somb, do you believe Keane is a tracker? If so, do you believe he could kill and track the same night? Pretend he IS scum -- I don't remember the timeline of things, but the night he proved he tracked chaos to merk would he have been the only scum alive and thus, unless he can track and kill in one night,

I just have a seriously hard time seeing Keane as scum.

Well, you can submit names and use your investigation the same night, right? I don't see why EccoIxtGulag wouldn't allow the scum simultaneous actions. I do believe Keane is a tracker and I think if anything it'd be kinda nuts to not give the scum an active role on an otherwise passive team.

I don't really want to lynch you despite that analysis because I think scum would be most afraid of your submission and thus it makes the most sense they'd want to kill you. I don't really want to lynch anyone, really. That's the problem.

I'll think on merk/mac.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah I'm completely paralyzed on this.

yuming, put forward lynch submission candidates.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I would vote merk, but an assassin has already flipped and two assassins to negate one role seems pretty whacky.

I'm assuming assassin is the same thing as ninja.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

I would vote merk, but an assassin has already flipped and two assassins to negate one role seems pretty whacky.

I'm assuming assassin is the same thing as ninja.

I thought we went over this? presuming it works the same way anyway.

http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Assassin

quote:

An Assassin is a scum role which shrugs off roleblockings and can break doctor protects with their nightkill. This allows the mafia to kill whomever they like without worrying about the kill failing for normal circumstances, though typically the assassin will be balanced with roles that can track or watch the kill being performed. Sometimes assassin kills can be blocked by jails, or can fail against a Hider, since those roles are often phrased as making a player immune to "all night actions," thus preempting an assassin kill. Ask your mod.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Oh gently caress that then.

##vote Merk

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##unvote
##vote: merk

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
:redhammer:

I feel slightly ill.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

merk, town aligned Vanilla has been executed D5.

Please get your night actions in.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

yuming, town aligned Psychiatrist

and

CCKeane, town aligned Tracker

have both died overnight. It is now D6 deadline is next Thursday at 11 pm EST, but I can't set votefinder.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ixtlilton posted:

yuming, town aligned Psychiatrist

and

CCKeane, town aligned Tracker

have both died overnight. It is now D6 deadline is next Thursday at 11 pm EST, but I can't set votefinder.

:ghost:EAT THAT WORM MERK:ghost:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
what the poo poo.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
4 alive with two night kills possible.

this is it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
WHY KEANE

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

I chose yuming over mac because I got drunk and it seemed like good idea.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

It bugs me that "confirmed town" wins is still alive at the last game day.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
it makes no sense to kill keane, i was ready to vote him and tracker is generally a scummy role.

for gently caress's sake, is this game unwinnable for town? is this a 2 town, 1 3p 1 scum situation?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

winvirus posted:

It bugs me that "confirmed town" wins is still alive at the last game day.

exactly. why choose keane over wins? it makes no sense.

although keane dying benefits you most. it gives you credit for going to bat for him.

if little mac were anti-town keane tracking them wouldn't give us anything else because he's already admitted to killing people.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
or maybe the entire point is just to gently caress with us

winvirus dude yuming was such a bad call because now we don't even get 3 man lylo :(

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i just want to vote based on who played the hardest game at this point AND EVEN THAT I DON'T KNOW

If Little Mac is anti-town then claiming out of nowhere was a loving s-tier move though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
winvirus please try your hardest to convince me otherwise because I think it has to be you. if there's another 3p in play as well then we can't win anyway so i'm going to try not to worry about it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
:justpost:

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

I'm in a resume workshop and yeah it was a poor judgment call but I couldn't bring myself to kill little mac

Ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

I'm gonna be kicking myself if I lost the town this game because Jesus. I guess that was a bad call.

• Locked thread