Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
It's me I'm queen of the OP :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Long live queen me, long live queen me!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Maybe I should find a way to let my students play mafia :sparkles:

I can think of no constructive reason for this, however. It would probably just confuse them!

wv, why did you cop Meinberg OMG.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I haven't read game yet.

Is Met a username change?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CapitalistPig posted:

Yeah I have to say, rarity is being super scummy. What up wit dat?

##vote rarity

I know people are gonna be all like

Omg pig why u so scummy?

I say to those people, stfu.
I... have a town read on Pig for like the first time ever.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

wins32767 posted:

Hi Yuming, how are you doing?

What do you think of Chaoslord?
He hasn't posted much. I want to see more before I make a call!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Somberbrero posted:

Crazy really annoys me. Today was a little rough so I was probably more of a dick than strictly necessary and I will probably continue as such for the next week or so. Apologies in advance.

Phone posting, going to check whether or not anyone else actually looked at that win-v post on the previous page. My guess: hahaha and also no.
Hi like your idea and I'm trying it on atm but I'm a little sad because I don't want winvirus to be scum.

Where I'm at is I was winding up to vote him but I need to finish sorting ~my thoughts~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Oh. I thought I had a few more pages left.

So my bf is playing Mario 2 and I never knew that you could super jump OR that you could go down pipes and thus never made it past level 1-2.

I'm awesome at games.

The Meinberg thing is whatever I don't care about it. Rarity is putting in enough effort that I don't want to vote her and... Pig is trying and I will endorse that irregardless because drat wow!

The tone of Pig's vote is sarcastic but I actually felt like he meant it so that is what I mean there.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote winvirus

This makes me sad :( but it's the best read I have.

It's his tone. His opinions are coming on too strong for me. It doesn't come across in a "trying to get things going!" way either. Especially this post vv

winvirus posted:

I think Little Mac is town, because I am town, and he is agreeing with me. Awfully scummy vote, Somb. Who are your short list of scum people?
The request for a list is out of sync with the state of the game. It makes wv sound like scum faking participation.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Juanito posted:

That post has effort than he ever puts in as town, so I don't know how you got a town read from him.
More? Less?

There is just something about it that strikes me as sincere. ~something~

Also I am really happy to see a second game in a row where people are legit playing yay happy days good games!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
It's annoying! But flattering.

People used to kill me early. Now no one ever kills me.

Obv that means I need to change something. Watch out scums!!

I wanna see more thoughts on wv.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
winvirus not addressing me makes me more confident in my read :(

His tone remains the same and I think it's scummy.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

chaoslord posted:

##vote Crazyeyes this is what I feel is right
win, I think this is sincere.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I also think kilran's logic is consistent for him.

Going to look at Crazy Eyes.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
ok I'm doing an update on my opinions **processing**

Crazyeyes: I thought his initial posts were a little awkward, but didn't think he stood out for that alone.

Crazyeyes posted:

This is adorable. It's like you have never played with Win before (I don't know if you actually have).
This post dismissing Somb's vote on wv I didn't like both because I disagreed with the opinion and I disliked the dismissive tone.

Cutting down content > making actual opinions is scummy.

I also find Crazyeyes' vote on Rarity (1) lackluster. I'd vote here, but prefer winvirus.

CCKeane: I don't see what merk sees here. Keane is ~free~ with his opinions and that is what I see here. He was trying to contribute on CE and I don't think it's scummy.

kilran: I'm a bit biased because I haven't played with kilran in a while and don't want to see him lynched for being awkward D1, but I also have played with him more than most players here now, so!

This is the kind of logic he uses as scum or town, and this early in the game where I don't see any ill intent behind his actions I don't parse it as scummy.

I like my read on winvirus best. He is joking but it's scummy joking-- there's more nuance than people are looking at and I feel good about this vote.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
~on why winvirus' tone is scummy and not just lol Jokes~

Winvirus is out of sync with the landscape of the game. I read him as forcing content and there's an artificiality to his tone.

winvirus posted:

I think Little Mac is town, because I am town, and he is agreeing with me. Awfully scummy vote, Somb. Who are your short list of scum people?

winvirus posted:

Holy moley I step away for two days and y'all take a post really seriously

No, I do not actually think little mac is town "because he thinks I am town". That's a thousand percent stupid reasoning.

I had no read on somb's vote. I think his "case" on me is idiot hell crap and that he is actually possibly scum now because the dances and leaps of logic to paint me as Badguy are kind of extreme

I'm still a Big Fan of a Meinberg lynch. Or a Rarity or Somb lynch.
The first post I see as a real-but-scum opinion: win was legit trying to look like he was participating. His other early posts fit with this.

The second post is all internally conflicted about giving actual opinions and dismissing ones that have attracted negative attention for winvirus. I'm having a hard time explaining what I mean here, but he explains away his early behavior but still holds similar opinions (see: Somb). It doesn't follow a natural trajectory of thought and that makes me feel like winvirus is inventing the reads he's made.

I've italicized the parts that bother me the most tone-wise, also.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

yuming posted:

I've italicized the parts that bother me the most tone-wise, also.
Specifically, the combative stance he's taking. It just ~feels~ scummy to me.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

winvirus posted:

How are you (and the two others dead set on lynchjng me) blatantly ignoring the 100% serious vote and poo poo I made on Meinberg and my actual opinions in favor of a clear joke. You can tell it's a joke, because holy poo poo, do you really think I'm defending little mac as town on the basis that he thinks I'm town
I can't tell the difference, that is part of my issue with your tone, actually.

I'll give you some leeway for the phone posts but it doesn't change my base opinion.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I don't like the attitude behind merk's argument here. I need to reassess the situation.

PS I don't know if I have let you all know but I have transformed into super yuming, no longer susceptible to being goaded into being upset about internet games.

Now, scum can only hope I am wrong, AHAHAHA :sparkles:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Wow merk!!

You just proved my point for me!!

Thank you :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I was all like hmmm, is merk being scummy in his pursuit here? And then you made a vote that made me all like OMG yes! (Rascyc-- it was that vote.)

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

This post is ridiculous. What do you say to that?
Hi scum.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

If it's a serious post, it sounds like it was written by a crazy person. Stephen King probably spends less time writing the first five paragraphs of a new novel that it took you to write that post.
merk is actively trying to knock players off balance.

Calling Rascyc a "crazy person" is scummy. He's putting insults over substance.

tsk tsk merk.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
My dog smells but he is also awesome so.

~my thoughts on merk~ When he initially votes Keane and explains himself (here) it seems sincere enough to me.

Around (here) Keane is getting frustrated. Frustration is a null tell! merk proceeds to hammer at the point which is also null.

TURNING POINT

CCKeane posted:

I'm saying pretty much straight up that, outside of one post that seemed weird to me, nothing is standing out. This isn't faked content, it's saying I don't think there is anything.

Seriously, what does everybody think they'd say if they were asked to look (at literally ten posts, several of them jokey) someone who didn't have anything that looked weird?

It really, really is a bullshit case and Rarity and Juanito are scummy for supporting it.
Imagine you were Keane and didn't have a strong read on CE but merk asked you about him. You gave him the only read you had, then merk goes after you.

^^This^^ is the post of a guy who sounds sincere and truthful about the weak early read that he had. I don't think Keane is scummy at this point.

Next,

merk posted:

What do you think of Rasyc? If you're Town, he looks like someone who wants to speak negatively about a case on Town to look townie himself.

His reasoning doesn't make any sense since he isn't calling me scum and he is comparing an apple to an orange (as he so admits himself - fake vs. bizarro).
I feel merk's casework getting sinister here. He was pushing really hard with Keane and I think it's obtuse he doesn't see the parallel to the other game.

Rascyc's point is town can make "fake" sounding content too. There is no meaningful distinction between fake and bizarro. It's subjective.

If you then go after the right player for said content they will get frustrated (which I stand by as null!) and make themselves look bad enough that they will become an easier target.

merk posted:

Are you saying that Keane's content here is 'bizarro' and not fake? There's a pretty clear difference. Yes, I convinced Town as Scum in another game that yuming was faking content when she wasn't. I'm not sure how that situation fits here.
Rascyc's point is that that is exactly what merk did in a previous game to me, and ^^here is merk picking at nits to try and invent some weird distinction between "fake" and "bizarro" to twist this argument in his favor.

When inside he's like ~abort mission I hope no one is paying attention and I can just slide of this~

----

I profile merk as scum who picked Keane as an easy target. Now he's trying to throw up a distraction because Rascyc is drawing attention to his scum-motivated actions.

##vote merk

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Crazyeyes posted:

You said "Only scum fake content" which is functionally identical to saying "Only scum make up content". You are being excessively nit-picky because you know you are wrong but refuse to admit it.
Hey ignore his stupid scum votes. You can make reads without his bullshit.

Do you think merk is a scum? I like this better than wv.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Opopanax posted:

This isn't scum merk. My bingo card is mostly empty
What's on the card.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Opopanax posted:

I'm sorry yuming, that is privileged information.

I kind of dig what merk is saying about Ras.
No you gotta tell me!

Here's what's on my card: crossing the line, twisting things to suit scum agenda, being obtuse.

That's what I see here.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Opopanax posted:

Someday merk and I may be scum together, and I'll need to carry him. Can't have my own weapons turned against me
Town share! Share with town <:mad:>

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

Yuming, what is scummy about trying to knock people off balance?
Town don't need to resort to name calling, or brushing good evidence under the rug.

That's what I see you did here.

If your case is good enough it will stand on it's own without you calling Rascyc "crazy" and making non-existent distinctions between fake and bizarro.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

kilran posted:

Did everyone forget this is d1 or has the game changed that much in 15 months?
I think people are just all excited actual things are happening on D1.

ik I am :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##unvote; ##vote merk

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Rarity posted:

I feel good about yuming just cause this is the first time I've seen her make a real effort and I appreciate that. I know, "meta" but a read is a read.
This is how I am supposed to play!

I am hiding in a fitting room at work. (Also lol I'm quitting after this shift.) I will attend to game later.

I don't talk to Mills about games OMG. I talk to him about ~fashion~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Here I am :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

kilran posted:

Ah there you are... your ability to sense I'm name dropping you is as uncanny as ever :D
I haven't actually read the thread since ~page 13, so.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

Where do I hammer at Keane's stubbornness?
I meant you hammer at your case in general, nothing Keane did specifically there.

merk posted:

Also, regarding Rascy, I didn't see the parallel to the other game because I was scum in that game and I'm town in this game. On top of that, Rasyc himself characterized the other game as 'bizarro' content whereas he failed to characterize Keane's content here at all. He is creating an analogous situation but can't analogize the content between games. He also doesn't even say I'm scummy. If he isn't prepared to call Keane's content something other than fake and say that I'm scummy for saying what I said, his analogy completely falls flat on his face.
Sometimes people toy with ideas and they're not sure. That's what I saw Rascyc doing, not everyone is so decisive ~and that's ok~

I'm going to reassess my case on merk after I finish reading through. Consider this a brief, unfinished introduction.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

yuming posted:

I meant you hammer at your case in general, nothing Keane did specifically there.
About six month ago, I stopped proofreading my posts.

Making it clear specifically what I am referring when trying to explain my cases is something I lost, and now hope to get back.

obv not there yet.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Somberbrero posted:

I'm fine with Rarity but merk is scum!

His scumhunting today consists of piledriving a bad poster pretty much everyone has also called out. He refuses to claim and that's actively untown. It's a bullshit power play and I want to call him out on it. Putting it inside the content of "changing mafia culture" is so scummy holy poo poo. He is blatantly manipulating people and no one cares. His response to my poo poo was so disingenuous that it was like something that is also very disingenuous.

I am mad at mafia because merk is scum and I can't get him lynched because I'm not as good at this game. I think I have a problem.
oooo I'm looking forward to reading this.

I was working out a point on CE but I think this sounds better so I'm going to scrap that for now.

:sun:

If I see it too I'm going to push for the same~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

I made a great case on CE. It got one response.

~SA Mafia~
If you want me to consider your side of things seriously, then quit with this dismissive tone. I find it hella scummy.

I was going to dig into the case on CE, but your response here makes me definitely not want to do that.

If you are town, you should want me to, I'd think.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

If somberbrero's emotional explosion gets me lynched over my exceptional case on CE that was ignored, I don't know what to say about the state of SA Mafia.
Here merk is using loaded language to artificially devalue a valid case against him.

It's scummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Somberbrero posted:

You're selectively addressing convenient points so I don't know I'm bothering to respond at this point.
I have also noticed this.

• Locked thread