Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Hi, I'm town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
##vote merk

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
CE is -1

Let's see if CE shows up to claim or even say anything. Early hammer sucks.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Never not lynch merk.

##unvote
##vote merk

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

merk posted:

I'd like some apologies. Thanks.
Sorry.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

yuming posted:

merk's tone annoyed me so much I didn't even care if he was right.
Also this.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
D2 copclaims are a nulltell. No good cop claims right after their first investigation, regardless of the result. You need to confirm your sanity while leaving breadcrumbs to who you investigated. Winvirus is pushing a gut read on cpig and that's it.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
##vote wins32767

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Met posted:

Any reason for that other than him not posting for a day or so?
His D1 posts were icky. Mostly re: calling chaoslord scum a few times over (which I don't see), and I don't like the tone he has re: questioning why juanito was defending chaoslord. Also wins called Rasyc a she which is information that's new to me ??

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Opopanax posted:

Tearshed's contributions today are to be snide to merk, discredit winvirus, and then drop a lurker vote with no context while we have several actual good candidates we're discussing.
So yeah, he's scum.
Every single time man.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

dorkanoid posted:

And why isn't this information in the vote post?
Whenever I see a vote and a case in the same post, I tend to focus on the big bold text and sorta skip the case part. I figure this happens to other people. If you split up the vote and the case, it forces people to read what you say, and also helps create dialogue I guess.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

merk posted:

I think CPig is a good vote. His content yesterday jumping to and off of CrazyEyes multiple times looks scummy. He's also the only person CrazyEyes cased/voted, and the case/vote looks like something completely awful with trumped up language to sound legitimate. That is, it looks like it could be a bus/distance. With this stuff and winvirus' result (even with a Cop flip out there), I don't see why we wouldn't lynch CPig.

I still think Keane is a good lynch target as well. I'll make a case on him later maybe.

##vote Pig
Whenever Cpig claims VT, he usually means it. I haven't seen an exception to this yet. Also winvirus' cop thing is bogus so I have no idea why you are including that.

Looking forward to hearing your keane case though.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Ehh I'm not seeing anything bad about somber. A little awkward maybe but coming across to me as genuine.

Occams razor, the dudes made like 80 posts and it's early D2. No scum posts that often and with such fervor.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
##unvote
##vote Rarity a slightly more sensible vote. Opop is also a badguy.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

merk posted:

So you don't think CPig was scummy yesterday?
I'll reread him again, but usually after cpig claims VT I stop listening to him and just put him in the town bucket.

merk posted:

? I do.
You're an exception to that rule. You post crazy regardless of alignment. Most scums do not.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

merk posted:

So you don't think CPig was scummy yesterday?
Nah, I just re-read him. He seemed pretty committed to voting CE through all phases of D1. I like him.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

merk posted:

Make a case on Rarity that is compelling or I'm voting you until you're dead.

Stuff like this sets off scumdar;

Rarity posted:

Somberbrero posted:

I don't understand why rapidly switching your vote is scummy.
I think it shows a lack of conviction in your opinion so you're not actually voting for someone you think is scum.
Personally I don't agree. Like what if you had 3 people you thought were equally scum but only 1 was gaining traction? You'd be happy to vote any of them and switch as the situation changes. But rarity is just looking for a reason to poo poo on somber that isn't valid. Yuck.

I know you won't be happy with just that, so have some more

Rarity posted:

I agree that Keane doesn't seem like he's trying. His votes in particular are totally non-effort.

##vote Keane
It's D1, besides merks exceptional effort, you can't expect people to put in a ton of effort D1. Lazy voting reason.

Rarity posted:

merk is flailing hard. Beyond what yuming has said, switching his vote between Keane, Ras and CE so fast makes me think he doesn't have any real conviction behind his cases.

##vote merk
"flailing"? cmon. Scum buzzwords 101. This is a megadumb vote/reason. Like I said earlier, switching is fine. Rarity is trying to come up with a reason to dumpster merk.

Oh here's a big old :siren:, Rarity never voted CE all d1 until his lynch was inevitable. A lot of people were on/off CE all day long but rarity seemed to avoid CE.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
gently caress it, I'm on a roll.

Opopanax posted:

Tearshed's contributions today are to be snide to merk1, discredit winvirus2, and then drop a lurker vote with no context while we have several actual good candidates we're discussing3.
So yeah, he's scum.
1. I was being genuine. Merk was right, I was wrong.
2. Discredit? Come on, no actual cop role plays their role that way when they haven't confirmed their sanity. You know this.
3. I ended up explaining my vote so null point. Any vote is better than no vote, y'know.

Opop trying to spin what little content I had earlier today into scum content, and doing a bad job of it. Badguy.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Opopanax posted:

Also what the hell does this mean?
It's been a while between games, so you might not remember. But every time you are town and I am town, you pretty much ignore me, but every time you are scum and I am town, you go after me. Without fail. Every. Single. Time.

I keep trying to tell you this is your scumtell but you don't take it to heart.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Somberbrero posted:

Okay that's fair. Full context, vote CipPag because this was his immediate reaction.
Actually now that you reposted it, it makes sense in context.

"if he's telling the truth" = Winviris is lying about being a cop but there is a chance he isn't
"than he's a paranoid cop" = only logical conclusion

I think the 'if' is pretty important.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Juanito posted:

This is an amazing case. Amazingly bad.
That post wasn't a case at all, just an observation. I would almost PM him but we are playing a game so maybe some other time.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Next mafia graph: the mafia players dota 2 mmr graph.

Any correlations?? Probably not.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

merk posted:

I'm pretty sure Met is Scum, but I don't think a case on someone with like eight posts is going to be convincing enough to win the day here.
I could do a Met vote today.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Juanito posted:

tearshed what do you think about the British, and more specifically kilran?
A little bit crazy. He posts a lot but most people seem to not understand his message so he has to repeat himself/argue with people more than necessary.

I haven't been persuaded by his cases, but I notice he isn't pushing ~for the death of (people who I perceive to be) town~. I'd say neutral read. However, I just checked his post history, and he seems pretty tunneled on Rarity. Based on my own scum read of rarity, I'd lean town on kilran.

tl;dr I wouldn't vote kilran today.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

JakeP posted:

wow tearshed thats pretty racist
Is it still racist if I lived in the UK for a few years. Nice place.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Votefinder says I'm not voting for anyone....?

Ohh. If you unvote and vote in the same post, VF reads it as a no-vote. But it works for yuming...because she includes both the unvote and the vote within the same [bold] tag.

##unvote; ##vote Rarity should work. I know opop is in the same situation, maybe a few others too.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

EccoRaven posted:

It is unlucky that votefinder is the sole arbiter of votes.
Well, doing it "the yuming way" satisfies both ecco votes and votefinder votes!

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Somberbrero posted:

Exactly what he did in the recent dorf fort game fwiw. It was really frustrating to play against.
Nah Juan is a bit different this game, hence why I haven't mentioned him at all.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Ixtlilton posted:

Rarity(1): tearshed, CCKeane, -CCKeane, -tearshed, wins
You forgot my vote.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
I liked yumings D1 content but D2 has been 5 irl days and I don't agree with any of her cases (cpig/kilran/winvirus). Please post more.

And because Ixt missed my vote last time, I wanna see if this works.

##unvote
##vote Rarity

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Anyone have any idea about the Prendota/Jocasta/Zosia faction system? Do factions = alignment, or just flavour?

Cpig and Rarity, the only two to claim, both claimed Prendota.

Does ecco normally provide scum with fakeclaims?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Rarity's roleclaim says nothing in terms of alignment. Flavour, maybe (hence why I asked about flavour earlier).

Re: meta. The only Rarity I know is Rarity from civ2 mafia where she was scum and I'm reading her exactly the same here re: weak/fake casing on other players.

Has anyone here played with town rarity before, and how does she normally play town?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

JakeP posted:

Does rarities role even work as town? Can scum kill her? Sounds like a 3P thing
The role that rarity claimed is identical (minus the roleblock part) to "Absorber", which was a town role in Met's "Role Madness" game.

Now that you mention it, does this mean rarity is NK-proof? She can still be dayvigged. Rarity confirm/deny.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
ACTUALLY

Met is in this game. And could've given rarity the idea to fakeclaim this role. And he is scum with her!! Whoa.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Rascyc posted:

So could Opop!!!!!!1
Oh right I guess any player could've. I was assuming that the mod of the game would be the one coming up with fakeclaim ideas.

But now that you mention it, I also have a scum read on Opop. Everything is coming together now...

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

JakeP posted:

is opop even in this game? I don't remember him posting
He made up some bullshit on me then disappeared.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Rarity, who are your top3 townpicks and your top3 scumpicks. Tia.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

JakeP posted:

tearshed lacks a sense of humor or did not read enough of the thread to be familiar with the opop is lurking running gag

OBSERVATION
I live in the moment.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

CapitalistPig posted:

For.posterity, look at this scum
Are you breadcrumbing or what with those fullstops threaded in your posts.

Merk is most likely the SK btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Princesses be dropping left and right.

• Locked thread