Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

god DAMNIT meinberg

Good casework

##vote Meinberg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:henget:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

Hey buddy, how are you doing? Having a good time?

First off, you clearly don't know me very well. That makes me sad. But if you ask other people around, they'll tell you a couple things about me.

First, I'm incredibly awkward. Like hella goony. Ask Jake, he'll tell you for sure.

Second, my sense of humor is terrible. This is more universally known.

That's right kids, I'm going for the meta defense. :getin:

Yeah, you reacted to jokes really weird in Civ 2 as... well...

But you were scum in that game! :aaa:

We're through the looking glass here people.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tremendous Taste posted:

Rarity i'm bored let's chat

What would you like to chat about Tastu-chan?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

Hm, you know... thinking on it, I can think of someone else who was scum in Civ2. In this very thread!!!

Hey man, it's not Jake's fault. He has a condition.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tremendous Taste posted:

you watching football today :0

I will probably be reading Marvel comics from 1969.

No Jan, don't marry the man who just sexually assaulted you. This is how domestic abuse happens :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tremendous Taste posted:

Also I hear classic Dr. Strange really holds up

Yeah, the art is way ahead of its time and the stories are good too.

Meinberg, why you gotta be like that, man?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

Indeed it is. It's a pretty great name.

Is it true your real name is Meinberg von Scumm?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Confirmed as Meinberg von Skumm. Wrap it up people, we're done here.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tremendous Taste posted:

It's Meinberg Jones isn't it

Meinberg Meinberg

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

winvirus posted:

I'm fully convinced 1-2 of Meinberg, rarity and capitalistpig are scum. So we should go ahead and uh. Take care of that, y'all

Why? You realise this is jokephase, right?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ecco, can we get a vote count in the OP please?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

chaoslord posted:

I'm dead in the Wire.

You're welcome.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

winvirus posted:

"ooh ho ho ho anything i say doesn't matter it's joke!!" - scum, every time, every game, forever.

What is this argument I don't even know

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I think the rush of votes on Meinberg are scummy but I think the weakest vote is this one:

kilran posted:

I know it's joke phase but this is a weird reaction to WV clear joke.

Imma vote you #vote Meinberg

I feel like kilran's over-explaining in an attempt to justify jumping on a jokey bandwagon when it wasn't really necessary and he's using a general weak point of Meinberg to do it.

##unvote

##vote kilran

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Somberbrero posted:

Rarity that's not a good vote. What do you think about wins?

Well, his case on me is dumb and he thinks Meinberg is scum because... reasons, I guess? But I think he's being a bit too obviously sketchy out of the gates to be scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Somberbrero posted:

I'm sorry, what? Can you explain any part of that last sentence because it doesn't make any sense. He's acting so scummy that he must be town is not something I can follow.

I think scum are more likely to be laying low at the moment than they are to be making themselves into targets.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

shall we kill

A LURKER?

What's that about glass houses and stones?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

Did you seriously just call me a lurker? I've never lurked a single SA game in my life ole' chap and I don't intend to now. Especially given how much ecco laments his games becoming lurker fests

You've been quiet so far. Admittedly, you're not the only one and the game's still fresh. I only noticed cause it's not like you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

Anyway your original argument is crap. I've read games where winvirus has done both behaviors and we have a few people in this game who are more than capable of playing aggressive scum if they want

If you want to lurker kill then just say so

I've already made it clear who I want to lynch. It's the guy I'm voting for!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kilran posted:

For you see, mine was the first vote on Meinberg.

Actually I think you'll find that was me? Back on page 1? Go ahead and check, I'll wait. You were the 4th person to vote Meinberg (after me, winvirus and Ras if you must know)

It's cool, I accept apologies by postcards.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kilran posted:

:ughh:

##unvote

Ok... full disclosure, I was at a BBQ with Highwire and LV yesterday.

I wasn't giving the game my full attention and completely missed that Meinberg had a few joke votes on p1. I thought that I was the first person to vote him :/ His reaction in context to a mounting bandwagon makes so much sense. As does Rarity's vote on me (and I thought my vote on her was super clever but it turns out I was being a dumb rear end).

This of course doesn't paint Rascyc in a great light. Care to explain what exactly has been scummy about Rarity?

Yeah, I was expecting something like that as a response from you. I'm not entirely sure what to make of it because it would be a pretty neat way of avoiding suspicion for scum. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and ##unvote for now. But I'll be keeping an eye on you, buddy!

I agree with others that Ras is looking suspect at the moment. I'm also a bit put off by CCKeane, I don't like him using his recent D1 deaths to plea for survival. Conversely, I like Somber's effort and I feel like he's town.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

I die a lot and it is very annoying! People are very intimidated by my good looks and kill me as a result!

I normally die early too, you don't see me angling for sympathy points.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Crazyeyes posted:

I have no idea how CCKeane is "pleaing for his life", though. At most he is being obstinate with his Winvirus vote refusal (which doesn't matter anyway cause he is in no danger of being lynched).

CCKeane posted:

Also I have died a lot day one so please nobody kill me thank you and good night.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dammit Opop I spent thirty seconds finding that quote.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Bloody colonials

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

winvirus posted:

"ooh ho ho ho anything i say doesn't matter it's joke!!" - scum, every time, every game, forever.

winvirus, if it's ok for you to defend yourself for jokeposting then why is it scummy when I do the same?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

Nobody is ever going to seriously say someone is scum based on voting Meinberg within the joke phase. That's fake play and everyone knows it. It's Meinberg goddamnit.

kilran's vote was serious though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

Yeah I'm starting to feel you might have been right after his admission post and his last post about me knowing alignments to justify my reads. Something feels really wrong from him.

What about his admission post made you unvote?

Admitting he was mistaken about being the Meinberg vote was the only thing he could do, so it comes down to whether he was legit about not noticing those earlier votes. I've never seen scum try such a brazen defence of a vote, the normal reactions are to double down or get wishy-washy. So like I said, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now and seeing what else he says.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kilran posted:

2. Rascyc adds a me too vote.

First you miss votes that are there, now you see votes that never were!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

I think he's referring to my Meinberg vote.

Then why does it say it happened after he voted for me?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Still, I am finding your interaction with us a little off. It's like you're trying to play us against each other. Tell you what, let's open this up a little. Ras, what do you think of winvirus?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I agree that Keane doesn't seem like he's trying. His votes in particular are totally non-effort.

##vote Keane

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

winvirus posted:

How are you (and the two others dead set on lynchjng me) blatantly ignoring the 100% serious vote and poo poo I made on Meinberg and my actual opinions in favor of a clear joke. You can tell it's a joke, because holy poo poo, do you really think I'm defending little mac as town on the basis that he thinks I'm town

Hey winvirus, can you answer this question please? I'd be dreadfully grateful!

Rarity posted:

winvirus, if it's ok for you to defend yourself for jokeposting then why is it scummy when I do the same?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

winvirus posted:

You can make jokes in mafia game but I felt your joke was scummy

Please show me which joke in particular you are referring to, as opposed to the rest of the jokes I made.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Keane it sounds like you need a hug. Somebody give him a hug :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

I'm suspicious of rarity because merk's case is bonkers stupid and while I can understand somebody making a bonkers stupid case, agreeing with a bonkers stupid case is suspicious imo.

You're forgetting that I was already suspicious of you before merk made his case.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
merk is flailing hard. Beyond what yuming has said, switching his vote between Keane, Ras and CE so fast makes me think he doesn't have any real conviction behind his cases.

##unvote

##vote merk

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

winvirus posted:

Also I think it's really cool + scummy how Rarity wordlessly drops pursuing me in favor of a bad merk vote. In fact, I think I now prefer a Rarity lynch over Meinberg

##unvote
##vote Rarity

Actually, you never answered the last question I asked you. It's not like I just forgot about you. I'm allowed to think more than one person is scum, you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Somberbrero posted:

rarity - "I'm allowed to think that more than one person is scum!" "merk keeps switching his vote."

There's a difference between having a few people you suspect and switching your vote twice in the space of three minutes.

winvirus, it was this:

winvirus posted:

You can make jokes in mafia game but I felt your joke was scummy

Rarity posted:

Please show me which joke in particular you are referring to, as opposed to the rest of the jokes I made.

• Locked thread