Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

CCKeane posted:

We are missing one night kill by my count.

Oh yeah, Rarity was lynched d2. Forgot about that! We're only d3 now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

dorkanoid posted:

Pending further information - not night kill speculation - I'm going to ##vote yuming

so I'm would not be

This is a bad vote.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
I'll say this: if it appears at time but posting content has been erratic, it's because I haven't been able to give the game my full attention. My life is too busy for mafia and this will be my last game until it calms down a bit. I'm also super stressed with all the travelling and some other stuff too boring to go into.

I'm not looking for sympathy and this isn't a scum strategy. But I've been getting facts wrong and missing things from d1. I don't quit games and I don't replace out. So that's why I am posting whenever I have a minute.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
I'm also regularly phone posting, which is my grammar and spelling is awful :P

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

winvirus posted:

Yes my role is town aligned cop. I am a cop, and I am town aligned. My flavor is Lorkhan (or was it Larkhon I forget) the Constable. And I can also do the assassins guild thingy.

This is almost certainly bullshit.

I advocate the town NK to be either 1. Dorkanoid, 2. Met or 3. Chaoslord.

I'll be travelling for the next 2 hrs. Then I have a date, so will be gone for some hours. I should be able to post a little after. Unless I am Dr Funk, then I will spare you that nightmare.

Also fair warning, I have a local con to attend this weekend and so will be busy for most of it. Will post as and when I can.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Opopanax posted:

My other action's fairly useless but I do have one

Hey, you know what might have been useful? Mentioning that earlier.

JakeP, do you have a night action too?

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
Time. Simple as.

I'm confident Opopanax is town. Juanito or Met could both be scum.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
At least 2 people have posited how unlikely WV's claim is. But you both having 2 night actions does give a little more credibility.

To head off Somb's inevitable question: I am confident that both Yuming and Opopanax are town based on re-reading. Both were heavily on my scumbar but having the benefit of time to review my original findings (and based on their claims), I accept I was wrong.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

chaoslord posted:

I agree that mentioning it earlier wouldn't have really been useful, but what made you decide to claim it now rather than ride it out to everyone finding out when one of the three of yall flips?

You don't post for ages, someone mentions your name and you conveniently appear.

I'd like you to pick your top 3 scum picks and give us some thought behind it. Pick me, pick Wins, I don't care, just give us some casework.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
Well did I play like a spanner :P One correction: I got all of Meinberg's investigations, so in fact investigated Yuming on n2. So I had TOWN results on Yuming and Opopanax on d3. Which should have been obvious to everyone.

Somb: very well played. You played that role note perfectly. For most of the game, I just thought you were a kramering newb who just didn't know what was going on. You were very active. After merk was lynched, your kramering was over the top but at that point, I was only just starting to suspect you because I just didn't think your power role would be scum. That's a really interesting Godfather type role.

JakeP: never again will I trust anyone with that amount of posts and so little genuine content. You did make a couple of decent arguments which made me decide you were townie. It was Opopanax's reaction to my call out which distracted me. Reading back, it was genuine disbelief on his part (though I still stand by what I was saying).

merk: I genuinely thought you were scummy for most of this game which turns out was just because of your posting style. Sorry. In reality, you were the towniest of us all.

Winvirus: the main reason I thought you were scummy was because I couldn't think of a set up where there was a Town Cop, a Back Up Cop and a Paranoid Cop. Transpires that Town actually needed that based on Somb's powerful role.

Ecco: I actually really enjoy your games. You create an environment where it is good to second guess the standard. That's a good thing. Whether or not you made a bad call on Wins is irrelevant. People getting bent out of shape over that, is another entirely. The point there is that IT'S A GAME. There is always another game of Mafia. If scum lost because of Ecco's bad call, yeah, it's annoying but it's not the end of the world. As it happened, Scum STILL won despite one Townie being virtually confirmed. I think you all need to look at the amount of work Ecco put into the game. You should all know that Ecco's games are non-standard, that's why you play them.

It's ok for you to be annoyed by a decision you don't like. What's not cool is getting all pissy about it and throwing your toys out of the pram and ruining the game for everyone else.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
Anyway, I didn't play well this game largely because my meltdown about my commute is true. I am up at 0530 and get home at 1830, so I can't really dedicate the amount of time I like to invest to play well (and it showed).

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
FYI JakeP made me laugh out loud several times this game.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
Stupid phone posting on a train.

The awful sequel to Snakes On A Plane.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Rarity posted:

I told you guys that I absorbed night actions! :argh:

And I told you Somber was scum! :argh:

Ugh, I was really disappointed to get lynched so early in this game. It was such a fun role and I'm sad I couldn't get the most out of it. My plan was not to kill anyone until all the scum had been taken out. By then chances would have been that my role absorbtion would have been verified and I would have been considered close to confirmed town. And once all the scum were gone I would start up the NKs and everyone would just assume they still had another scum to catch.

Of course I was expecting only 4 scum so I doubt it would have worked out so easily.

Personally, the best use for an SK role is to off lurkers. It improves the game overall IMO.

I'm not sure how you approached the role or how much experience you have but I try to approach the SK role with a town mindset.

I've seen SKs lurk or otherwise become lazy. It's not an easy role to play well.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
If it's any consolation, I genuinely thought you were scum :D

Also Wins: worst breadcrumb ever :P

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

merk posted:

Truth. Met, please don't play again unless your attitude is willing to change
:(

I second this.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Rarity posted:

Everyone always does :sigh:

IMO find better words to use than 'awkward' and 'flailing'.

Everyone in Mafia posts awkwardly. It doesn't mean anything.

Similarly, flailing doesn't actually mean anything in context. Explain specifically what concerns you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Magnus Gallant posted:

I think telling people to not play because of a way they acted in ONE game is a little extreme.

Where is your big boy peeing avatar?

• Locked thread