Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hi guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
CCKeane confirmed evil.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I can smell his orphan breath from here.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It's fitting that Ecco kills Varinn first in all of his games.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Opopanax posted:

I actually am a vig. Should I kill TT for trying to step or what?

Always kill Meinberg.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CapitalistPig posted:

I just want everyone to know that I am a cannibal.

I am eating pulled pork for dinner.

Hey CapitalistPig, let me track you a question.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
How is your day going so far?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Please don't protect me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
...but then put up an unmodified votefinder anyway with really strong implications that you sighed while doing it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

chaoslord posted:

Good morning everyone. Confirming my role PM! Busy day today (bout to go mow lawn, then day trip to KC to see an MLS game so there's 10-11 hours of the day taken up with travel to, match, then travel home) so I'll try to follow the thread on phone, but right now everyone that has plat has their name show up as "AwfulPoster" so that makes it tough. Everyone have a good weekend, no one do anything dumb and get hurt like, say, getting pinned between two cars like my friend did in his drunken hijinks last night

Also I don't get all this meinberg stuff, is he everyones favorite?

A day in the life of the Chaos Lord sounds pretty suburban.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

winvirus posted:

I'm fully convinced 1-2 of Meinberg, rarity and capitalistpig are scum. So we should go ahead and uh. Take care of that, y'all

Why haven't you taken over votefinder for us? Use your Masters in Computer Science for something masterful.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm always up for a d1 Meinberg lynch: ##vote Meinberg

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm eating grapes right now, just like the people of Arrentia. I may have wine and cheese later. If I do, I'll let you guys know.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

##vote Meinberg

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Crazyeyes posted:

This is adorable. It's like you have never played with Win before (I don't know if you actually have).

This is not only condescending, but scummy. He's kind of buddying up to winvirus and trying to deflate the only real scum hunting going on in the game. ##unvote; ##vote CE

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jamuraan posted:

Everyone is scum except for me

SK claim.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jamuraan posted:

I wish because then I would kill you.

Strike me down, young Jammy, and I will become more powerful than you could ever imagine. *pulls up pants* *wipes saliva from mouth*

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
There's been a lot of words. CE is still the best vote.

Keane, what do you think about CE?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Keane, you literally just did exactly what I've just figured is a classic scum tell of mine when asked about a case: pick one random post and say that's all you see.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote keane

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Good thing I'm not you.

The issue is that the mind set behind the post is scummy. That's why I'm taking it out of my game. Meta is unimportant.

See, you didn't actually read CE. You opened his post history, skimmed it lightly, and picked out one random post for you to say that's all you see.

Your conclusion means nothing to the thread and it looks like you were trying. But, you weren't trying. You were faking effort.

That's the only scum tell that exists.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Someone go read my first day in X-Men. I literally just caught myself doing it there after I died. That game is ongoing, so I won't comment any further on it

I'd find it myself but am on a phone.

It's the only scum tell that exists: faking content.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

For loving serious:

The case on me is that I didn't have meaningful enough contributions on day one to a poster who had literally ten posts.

No, it's that you faked content.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Why are you advocating giving people a one day pass? For what? They aren't newbies. There's no claims?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Anybody who breadcrumbs scumhunter is obviously town because they are hunting scum. I don't understand what is so difficult to understand about this.

Not you, sorry I was on a phone. I'm now not on a phone. This person:

Somberbrero posted:

I'm fine giving Keane and Kilran a one-day past. I don't really get the case on Keane right now anyway but I've been playing off my phone.

I forget when the deadline is, but I am fine with lynching winvirus, rarity, and crazy eyes in order of preference.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rascyc posted:

Town does this poo poo too unfortunately

Fake content is the only real scum tell that exists in mafia. Town does what poo poo, faking content?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Here's me as scum doing what I said Keane did, and I caught myself after this lynch to the point where I will never do this again.

I won't comment further because the game is still going on, but I did want to find it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

How is that faking content?!

I've already said my piece on it. Go read that piece. Please don't distract from further scum hunting by asking a question I've already answered. I don't want that question to Rascyc to be overlooked.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rascyc posted:

Fake content, lazy content, bizarro content, etc.

I'm reminded of a game where you were scum and blasted Yuming for 'fake content' and it genuinely looked like she had faked it and then got vigged for it. In reality she had just posted some really bizarro stuff. So I'm not ready to just walk face first into this one personally.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3608168&userid=37071#post425881183

Are you saying that Keane's content here is 'bizarro' and not fake? There's a pretty clear difference. Yes, I convinced Town as Scum in another game that yuming was faking content when she wasn't. I'm not sure how that situation fits here.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Like, expanding on this, even scum want to make cases that aren't dumb. Agreeing with a dumb case is worse since the flaws in logic and such are usually much easier for someone besides the poster to see.

What do you think or Rasyc? If you're Town, he looks like someone who wants to speak negatively about a case on Town to look townie himself. His reasoning doesn't make any sense since he isn't calling me scum and he is comparing an apple to an orange (as he so admits himself - fake vs. bizarro).

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Rasyc - his analysis sounds like bullshit with fine clothes on. He cites to another game to try to accentuate a point he's making, but he can't even talk intelligently about how that situation is relevant here (bizarro vs. fake).

That's all I have at the moment. It feels right, but I don't have anything better to say besides the above yet.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Crazyeyes posted:

"Doesn't generate content" is a poor excuse to argue for someone's death on D1. There isn't enough time for content to be made. Also the logic that only scum fake content is incredibly naive of a player as veteran as yourself.

That isn't the case on Keane. Crazyeyes is my #2 at the moment, I'm downgrading Keane. Crazyeyes didn't even read my case on Keane. I never used that quote nor does my case even remotely reflect that quote.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Crazyeyes posted:

I find this lengthy and heated argument between Keane and Merk to be, while enlightening, a bit out of hand.

"Doesn't generate content" is a poor excuse to argue for someone's death on D1. There isn't enough time for content to be made. Also the logic that only scum fake content is incredibly naive of a player as veteran as yourself.

That said Keane seems to be almost willfully refusing to answer questions put to him. His posts have a very goofy tone to them that I am not sure if is his posting style or subterfuge.

I don't buy it. Winvirus has unfailing called people/cases dumb and been somewhat rude in every game I have seen him in.

This post also says nothing other than telling people how wrong their cases are, just like I originally voted CE. The guy doesn't have an original thought on who is scum, only thoughts on who is wrong about who is scum.

##vote CE

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

yuming posted:

Wow merk!!

You just proved my point for me!!

Thank you :sun:

Huh?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote; ##vote CE

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rarity posted:

Yeah, I was expecting something like that as a response from you. I'm not entirely sure what to make of it because it would be a pretty neat way of avoiding suspicion for scum. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and ##unvote for now. But I'll be keeping an eye on you, buddy!

I agree with others that Ras is looking suspect at the moment. I'm also a bit put off by CCKeane, I don't like him using his recent D1 deaths to plea for survival. Conversely, I like Somber's effort and I feel like he's town.

Crazyeyes upgraded his vote on Rarity from a joke to a serious post after Rarity made this post. Crazyeyes, what sparked you to upgrade your vote based on this post?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

yuming posted:

I was all like hmmm, is merk being scummy in his pursuit here? And then you made a vote that made me all like OMG yes! (Rascyc-- it was that vote.)

Oh yeah, that's mostly gut for me. His analysis in that whole citing another game thing feels made up - the argument seems really scattered.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rascyc posted:

To answer the question: CC's content reads as a pretty generic player who wants to get through d1. He's voted 2 isolated posts, one with light reasoning (myself) and another (Kilran) that segued into his CE read - which was becoming a topic. His post wouldn't even be a topic I suspect if Merk didn't highlight it as strong as he did, and push it as hard as he has (to the point that CC went bonkers).

I can't really judge CC's motivations personally. There's not enough there to really call fake. As far as I can tell it's based on a few words he used in his CE post. If you remove that sentence and just think of it in terms of reads, it doesn't look fake to me.

I mean I don't like CC's reactions to everything due to the level of MAD but it's true he has died a lot lately on d1 from what games I remember following. I'd have to double check that. I do remember it took pretty much no effort to get CC vigged in the last game I was scum as well because he got angry about even being considered a suspect.

This post is ridiculous. What do you say to that?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rascyc posted:

Anyway what's ridiculous about it?

If it's a serious post, it sounds like it was written by a crazy person. Stephen King probably spends less time writing the first five paragraphs of a new novel that it took you to write that post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Yuming, what is scummy about trying to knock people off balance?

• Locked thread