Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

Retreat into stronghold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

SP uses an Event die to play the Corsairs of Umbar!
SP moves the army in Umbar to Dol Amroth, attacking the army there and advancing Gondor to At War!
FP retreats into siege!

FP Roll:
SP Roll:

FP sent his action, so that will follow shortly.

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

c'mon, baby :rolldice:

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
FP uses a Character die to move the Fellowship!

SP rolls for the Hunt at a +1: 6 5 3
The Hunt is successful!

SP draws

Per instructions, FP takes a random casualty to reduce the Hunt damage.
Pippin is drawn and reduces the Hunt damage by 1.
FP then uses the Ring and Corruption is raised by 2.

FP, due to Pippin's Take Them Alive!, where would you like to place him on the map?

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
No! I said Leave None Alive!

Stupid Orcs :(

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

Fangorn. Stupid dice.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Pippin is placed in Fangorn!

FP Roll:
SP Roll:

SP action?

As another aside, I can put up the tiles in the Hunt Pool if you guys would like.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Army/Muster Die, West Harrandor to Attack Pelagir

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Gravy Train Robber posted:

Army/Muster Die, West Harrandor to Attack Pelagir

Combat cards, players?

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

Nah.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
In the interest of moving things along, I'm going to assume SP doesn't want to play a Combat Card here either.

SP Combat Roll: 5 1 4 4 5
SP scores no hits!

FP Combat Roll: 2
FP scores no hits!

I'm also going to assume SP wants to continue the attack. FP, would you like to retreat?

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Continue the assault!

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Wait, don't I hit on 5s?

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

Um I thought hits were on a 5 but if not then get that guy's rear end to Osgiliath.

edit: ^^should have been 8 dice rolled as well, I think?

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Attacks on Cities and Fortifications only hit on 6's during the first round of combat. Attacks on Strongholds only hit on a 6 during every round of combat. There's also a limit of 5 dice per combat roll, no matter how many troops you have.

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

Okay, then definitely retreat that dude to Osgiliath.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
FP retreats a Gondor Regular to Osgiliath.
SP advances his army into Perlargir, taking control of the city and giving him a VP!

FP Roll:
SP Roll:

FP action?

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

Argh I screwed something up. Oh well. Elven ring to turn an orb to a sword, break strider off from the fellowship and put him in minas tirith. New fellowship leader is Merry if I have to do that now.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

ConorT posted:

Argh I screwed something up. Oh well. Elven ring to turn an orb to a sword, break strider off from the fellowship and put him in minas tirith. New fellowship leader is Merry if I have to do that now.

The new Fellowship leader will have to be Boromir if you only send Strider. Would you like to send Boromir as well or set Boromir as the Guide?

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

I'm good with boromir leading the fellowship. No issues there.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
FP uses a Elven Ring to change a Event die to a Character die, then separates Strider from the Fellowship and places him in Minas Tirith!
Boromir becomes Guide of the Fellowship!

FP Roll:
SP Roll:

SP Action?

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Not sure what to do, going to think it over for a bit.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Attacks on Cities and Fortifications only hit on 6's during the first round of combat. Attacks on Strongholds only hit on a 6 during every round of combat. There's also a limit of 5 dice per combat roll, no matter how many troops you have.

Important caveat: Attacks on a besieged stronghold only hit on 6s (and the attacker must downgrade elite units to continue an attack). If the defender elects to fight a field battle or sortie in the region, then there is no defensive bonus.

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

Not sure what to do, going to think it over for a bit.

This can't be good.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

ConorT posted:

This can't be good.

Well, its mostly because I realized what happens when you use the Elven Rings! It gives me more options to think about!

I'm also trying to figure out if an army that moved already can still participate in another attack or if its just 1 per turn. Whether, say, an army that moves into a province and the defenders huddle up in the stronghold, can also try to assault the stronghold on the same turn. I know you can't move units twice.

Also I'm a little busy this weekend, but I'll try to get my action decided on soon.

Edit: Also, are there any restrictions about moving elements from different armies together? I.e. combined S&E and Sauron forces?

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Well, its mostly because I realized what happens when you use the Elven Rings! It gives me more options to think about!

I'm also trying to figure out if an army that moved already can still participate in another attack or if its just 1 per turn. Whether, say, an army that moves into a province and the defenders huddle up in the stronghold, can also try to assault the stronghold on the same turn. I know you can't move units twice.

Also I'm a little busy this weekend, but I'll try to get my action decided on soon.

Edit: Also, are there any restrictions about moving elements from different armies together? I.e. combined S&E and Sauron forces?

The only restriction on using armies is you can't move the same army twice with an Army Action die. Armies are free to attack and move as much as you want per turn, as long as each is part of a different Action die. For instance, since you have two character dice, you can attack Erebor with the Witch-King's army with each one.

Units from different nations may combine into a single army and function like a single army unless one of those nations is not At War. The units of that nation are still bound by the restrictions of a nation not At War. For example, since the Dwarves are At War, the FP could move the Dwarf Regular in North Ered Luin into the Grey Havens. However, since the Elves are not At War, the combined army could not move back into North Ered Luin.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
:psyduck:

I have been reading these rules so wrong. Thanks for the clarification, TW.

Character Die, Witch King Army Attack Erebor

Play MUMAKIL

Edit: I should be drawing a card from the Witch King as well

Gravy Train Robber fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Aug 23, 2014

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

:psyduck:

I have been reading these rules so wrong. Thanks for the clarification, TW.

Character Die, Witch King Army Attack Erebor

Edit: I should be drawing a card from the Witch King as well

No problem. I highly recommend using the Summary and Reference sheets for looking up rules. It's very well done.

FP, would you like to play a combat card?

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

Yes, Advantageous position.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
SP uses a character die to Attack Erebor!

SP plays Mūmakil
SP draws a Strategy card due to the Witch King!
FP plays Advantageous Position

SP Combat Roll: 1 4 5 1 6
SP Leadership Re-roll: 4 3 3
SP scores 1 hit!

FP Combat Roll: 1 1 3 5
FP Leadership Re-roll: 5
FP scores 2 hits!

SP, FP, how would you like to take your casualties?
SP, if you still have an elite left, would you like to reduce it to continue the battle?

Updated hands will be sent shortly.

Also, please PM the exact card you want to play in combat, and simply state whether you're using a card in battle or not in the thread.

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

Reduce an elite.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Remove 2 Troops

Do not continue. Yet.

Ominous laughter

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
SP eliminates two Regulars.
FP downgrades an Elite to a Regular.

SP declines to continue the battle.

FP Roll:
SP Roll:

FP, action?

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

Play Elven Rope with an orb die.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
FP uses an Event die to play Elven Rope!

will be added to the Hunt Pool when the Fellowship reaches Mordor!

FP Roll:
SP Roll:

SP Action?

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Burn Dol Amroth to the ground

No card, Character Die

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Burn Dol Amroth to the ground

No card, Character Die

FP, do you wish to use a Combat card?

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

No, I'm good.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
SP uses a Character die to attack Dol Amroth!
Both players decline to use Combat cards.

SP Combat Roll: 2 2 5 5 5
SP Leadership Re-roll: 5
SP scores no hits!

FP Combat Roll: 3 3 5
FP scores 1 hit!

SP, how would you like to take your casualty? Would you like to reduce an elite to continue the battle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
1 Regular, Continue Battle by Reducing Elite

Come on you stupid Mumakil

• Locked thread