Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

sincx posted:

If our society seems more nihilistic than that of previous eras, perhaps this is simply a sign of our maturity as a sentient species. As our collective consciousness expands beyond a crucial point, we are at last ready to accept life's fundamental truth: that life's only purpose is life itself.

while not comedic, this is true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Squidbeak posted:

what does comedy have to do with truth bro

this isn't curb your enthusiasm

what I mean is what he said

"As our collective consciousness expands beyond a crucial point, we are at last ready to accept life's fundamental truth: that life's only purpose is life itself."

that's true

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Squidbeak posted:

very good i dont understand nothing

let me boil it down for you

life is meaningless, you aren't here for a reason

the only meaning it has is that which you give it

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

THS posted:

i read this thread for a couple pages thinking we were talking about reddit

guess i am getting older.. less with it...

it's ok man, the older you get, the less you care

• Locked thread