Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Ariston the Hekatonkheir

Ariston could feel the sinew and carapace of the creature strain and give way before his augmented strength. As with any ambush operation timing would be critical. He could dimly hear the sound of engines approaching their position...any moment now...

With a deafening metallic screech the larger vessel slammed into the platform. He kept his balance as everything shook and tossed atop the waves, easily riding out the impact as he waited for the perfect opportunity to strike...

frajaq posted:

The chaos marine with the boarding shield glances at the two Heretics that can be seen. "You made a grave mistake attacking the ships of the Scavenger Lord, your melta weapons and your mechanical gifts shall be great gifts to him! Truly, you thought you could prevail with only two of you?".

...then violently erupted from the creature in a shower of viscera and chitin, the fog swirling about his armored figure like a shroud. "One of us should be sufficient," he said, leveling his bolter towards the scavengers and their pet Astartes before triggering the underbarrel flamer.

Strength roll TN 60 = 36 I avoid being knocked down.

And for my half-action, well, I have this shiny new combi-flamer so let's use that. If I understand correctly all I need to do is pull the trigger and anything in a cone out to 20 meters gets hosed with fire, so I'll be aiming to hit the shield marine, the blob, and the shaman all in one shot if possible.

As long as the fog remains a visibility hindrance ranged attacks against Ariston are at -30.

pre:
Ariston
WS 60, BS 50, S 40 [+20], T 40, Agi 40 [+10]
Int 35, Per 35 [+15], Will 43, Fel 45 

Wounds: 21/21, SB 8 [10], TB 8, Armor 7 All
Dodge 40 [50], Parry 70

Skills: Athletics Awareness +10, Command, Dodge,
Intimidation +10, Parry +10, Stealth

Talents: Air of Authority, Ambidextrous, Bulging Biceps
Enemy (Adeptus Astartes), Hatred (Adeptus Astartes, 
Imperial Guard), Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Jaded, Legion Weapon Training, Lightning Reflexes
Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw, Resistance (Heat, Cold, Poison)
Swift Attack, Unarmed Warrior, Unshakeable Will

Traits:, Amphibious, Unnatural Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+4)

Special Ability:
Spectral Haunter: Penalties to hit you/bonuses to Stealth Checks
that combat circumstances grant based on visual hindrances are 
increased by 20.
Abhorrence Unchained: When you kill a foe you have Hatred for,
make a +10 Infamy test to gain Fear (2) and +1 damage to a maximum
of +10 against enemies of that type for the remainder of the encounter.

Equipment:
Legion Bolter
-Basic 100m S/3/- 1d10+9X Pen 4 Clip 24 Rld Full Special: Tearing
Combi-Flamer Attachment
-Basic 20m S/-/- 1d10+9E Pen 4 Clip 1 Rld 2 Full Special: Flame, Spray
Legion Bolt Pistol
-Pistol 30m S/2/- 1d10+9X Pen 4 Clip 8 Rld Full Special: Tearing
Legion Combat Knife
-Melee 1d10+10R Pen 2
Legion Power Sword
-Melee 1d10+16E Pen 6 Special: Power Field, Balanced
Legion Frag Grenade
-Thrown 24m S/-/- 2d10+2X Pen 0 Clip 1 Special: Blast (4)
Legion Krak Grenade
-Thrown 24m S/-/- 2d10+8X Pen 6 Clip 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Erika the Red

The past few moments had been a blur; the smash of the ship had been as she expected, but the screaming Raptor slamming down had nearly taken her completely off guard. "Nearly" being the key word; she still soaked the shockwave with minimal effort, maintaining her balance perfectly. When Erika heard the comment about being a "trophy slave," however, any confusion about the sudden attack she might have had was replaced by blind anger.

Standing up, she raises her bolt pistol and snarls, "Slave?! Pray you die here, Raptor, because if you survive I'll clip your wings and maroon you on this damned platform myself!" She then takes quick aim and snaps off a shot at the Raptor, trying not to clip Opifex instead.

Acrobatics vs 70: 70

Half-Action Aim and Standard Attack on the Raptor: 40 BS + 10 Aim + 10 Standard + 30 Point Blank -20 Shooting into Melee -10 Fog= TN 60

I don't think I count as being in melee with him, but if I am, that's TN 30 instead, and Opifex will get a +10 Ganging Up bonus.
pre:
WS     BS     S      T      Ag     Int    Per    WP     Fel  
45     40    40     35      50      31     31    35      40

Wounds: 11/15    Infamy: 1/1    Fatigue Level: 0    Initiative: 1d10+7
Movement: 5/10/15/30

SB: 4  TB: 3
Awareness: 41
Dodge: 50
Parry: 45 (power sword)

Armour: 0 Head, 5 to everything else.

Weapons: 
Bolt Pistol: Pistol; 30m; S/2/-; 1d10+5X; Pen 4; Ammo 8; Tearing
Power Sword: Melee; 1d10+5E; Pen 5; Power Field, Balanced, Poor Quality 

Special Abilities:
Maniacal Narcissist WS (ToE pg33): Gain +20 instead of +10 when spending Infamy to add to chosen test type; if test is failed, 
must pass -20 WP test or attempt again (if possible). If failed again, -10 WP until I either succeed or the session ends.

Creature of Comfort: -10 Penalty to all tests involving using Poor items/services.

Noteworthy combat traits: 
Quick and the Dead

Skills: Acrobatics, Awareness +10, Dodge, Parry+10

Combat talents:
Counter Attack, Disarm, Jaded, Lightning Reflexes, Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw,
Rapid Reaction, Sure Strike, Swift Attack, Enemy (Imperial Navy)

vvvvv Oh, I was under the impression that only prevented Space Marines from getting an additional +1 size from the armor. Fixed. vvvvv

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Sep 6, 2014

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Both enemy marines have their Black Carapaces working so they don't get the bonuses to hit against them due to Size.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Zegasi, Gozer, Victus, Ariston, Opifex and Erika the Red with new scavenger friends.

The snap shot from the pirate princess explodes in the Raptor's helmet, too fast for him to avoid at this range, tearing off a bit of visor and making him grunt. Erika can see his maddened unnatural green eyes as he glances furiously at her. (His Dodge fails and you do 1 damage to him.)

"LITTLE WORM! I've changed my mind! I'll tear off your skin and wear it around my- AGHHHHHH" his taunting is cut short by a massive swing from Opifex's power axe that hits his legs with brutal force and almost sends him down from the metal crate. The Warpsmith can see that he was very near from cleaving his enemy's left leg off from him, as a massive gash opens in the corrupted ceramite armor. "D-drat you..." (SA hits and since he's out of Reactions it does 16 damage.)

The chaos marine with the shield looks about to chastise his companion before Ariston bursts out of the crustacean carcass and opens fire, literally. The sudden huge wave of fire catches the scavengers completely by surprise as it travels relatively far in this close engagement. Many of the pirates are engulfed by the flames and run away screaming, before dropping on the ground and dying agonizing deaths. (Deals 7 Magnitude damage)

The flames engulf the marine too, but the boarding shield protects him from any direct damage. This does not prevent him from igniting a few more rusted parts of his power armor, quickly turning him into a ball of fire in the middle of the mists. "One more astartes?? ROAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHH" he yells before letting go of the shield as it clanks on the ground before desperately running full speed towards the ocean water at his left and throwing himself at it. With a huge *SPLASH* and a *HISS* his flames are extinguished, although now he's at a severely disadvantageous position, trying to climb back into the metal wreck with one gauntlet holding his shotgun.(He suffers 1 damage and 1 Fatigue from Fire damage. He failed his Willpower test to not panic and so he threw himself into the water. He's not in fire anymore but will have to pass a -10 Athletics test and a Full Action to climb back into action.)

Pink is the Raptor
Black/Grey is the Shield Marine
Big Yellow is a 35/35 Horde
Orange is the Shaman, he can only be directly attacked with a Called Shot

INITIATIVE

Erika 14
Ariston 13
Opifex 12
Shield Marine 11
20/21 Wounds, 1 Fatigue
Gozer 10
Victus 10
Skimmer Castaways 10
Zegasi 9
Ocean World Shaman 7
Slaneeshi Raptor 6 2/19 Wounds
Ship Castaways 4

The Shield Marine is at +10 to hit and has -10 to his own Reactions, but his Legs are completely covered due to firing angle
Gozer and Zegasi still have the +20 to their Surprise advantage ambush.

Lucius, Bazroth and Vatra near freedom from the prison ship.

Vatra and his bodyguards try their hardest to hit the servitor with their pistols, but most of them miss and hit the hull behind the target. The only exception is one of the bodyguards that swiftly recovered the stub revolver from the fallen one and fired it, hitting the servitor but doing only a pitiful pothole in its armored chassis. (Vatra misses and only 1 bodyguards hits, doing 1 Damage)

Fortunately the group has an astartes with them, and Bazroth furious charge proves fruitful, some random crates are scattered around as he gains ground on the servitor. The cyborg is completely oblivious and has a plain look on his face even as the massive Crozius hits him straight in the chest and heavy bolter loading mechanisms, his entire body is broken with a single swipe, sending him flying in pieces around the storage room. (Deals 26 damage)

"Y-you have killed one of our brothers! How dare you?!?" the Word bearer hears a frail voice behind him. He turns around just to see the techpriest acolyte open fire at point blank range with his shotgun straight into his chest. He feels the pellets powerful impact but nothing else, though he realizes that if he was hit in the unarmored parts some serious damage could be done to him. (The damage is entirely absorbed by your AP + TB)

The other acolyte and the senior one all raises their own shotguns towards Vatra and his cronies, firing simultaneously at their position, the acolyte simply misses badly, but the senior-looking one has worse luck as a loud *SCREATCH* is heard once he presses the trigger. His own shotgun looks like to have jammed bad. He growls and throws the weapon into the ground violently. "++LOOK WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!++" he says to the Heretics in general. "++YOUR PRESENCE REALLY ANGERED MY DEAR WEAPON MACHINE'S SPIRIT! YOU ALL SHALL PAY DEARLY!!!++" he instantly takes out a knife from his pocket and looks ready to run at someone. (Fucker rolled a natural 100)

Without further orders, the ten prisoners keep hiding behind the barrels as the action unfolds before them.

As Lucius slops his melee weapons around with disgusting things, he sees the Servitor with the massive Servo-Arm steadily approaching him, until he's just a few meters away and with no obstacles between them.

Initiative

Vatra and bodyguards 15
Bazroth 12
Insane Techpriests 9
-Acolyte 1 9/9 Wounds
-Acolyte 2 9/9 Wounds
-Senior Techpriest 12/12 Wounds, jammed weapon
Lucius 8
Remaining Prisoners 7
Servitor 6
-Servo-Arm Servitor 10/10 Wounds

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Zegasi

Zegasi had almost managed to cut his way out when the deck beneath him shook violently. Despite his armor's continued lack of power, the sorcerer could still stand; evidently the crew of these vessels were battle-hardened, even if he was still tougher individually than they.

Strength +0, TN 40: 1d100 24 Yay, not falling down.

What opponents did he have? First was the raptor, held well in hand by the pirate and her warpsmith companion. Next was another close-quarters Astartes, though at least he would be wasting his time for the moment to climb out of the seemingly endless sea. So that left the shamanic leader and his cronies as the targets of greatest opportunity. Unfortunately for that plan of action, though, Zegasi had never had terribly much skill with ranged weapons. (He preferred to "fake it" with his telekinetic powers, naturally.) Thus the optimal target...was likely the marine climbing out of the water some fifteen or twenty meters away. At least there was still the element of surprise. "Come now, brother, have you not seen the worlds of the Reef Stars? Surely you would not mind going for a swim in this balmy weather." Oh, I love this next part.

• Half action to cut my way out.
  • Free action to Quick Draw my pistol with the Tzeentchian Inferno Bolts.
  • Free action to attempt to manifest Precognitive Strike at Fettered, using the Force Staff, for TN 60.
  • Half action to fire on the shield marine with my pistol at TN 55 base. (BS 25 +10 single-shot +10 circumstance +20 ambush -10 fog). If Precognitive Strike works and/or I'm within fifteen meters that's a +10 to my TN for each favorable instance.

pre:
60     25   40[+20]  40   45(-10)  50     40     65     35

Wounds: 18/18    Infamy: 1/1    Fatigue: 0    Initiative: 1d10+3
Movement: 4/8/12/24

SB: 10  TB: 8
Awareness: 40
Dodge: 35
Parry: 60
Armor: 0 Head/Arms/Body, 8 Legs.

Relevant Skills: Athletics, Awareness, Common Lore (War), Dodge,
Parry, Psyniscience +10

Relevant Talents: Ambidextrous, Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight),
Legion Weapon Training, Lightning Attack, Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw,
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poison), Swift Attack, Unarmed Warrior

Relevant Traits: Amphibious, Psy Rating 4, Unnatural Strength/Toughness +4

Psychic Powers: Mind Over Matter, Precognition, Precognitive Dodge,
Precognitive Strike, Precision Telekinesis, Warptime

Weapons:
Legion Bolter (Basic; 100m; S/3/-; 1d10+9X; Pen 4; Ammo 24; Rld Full; Tearing)
Legion Combat Knife (Melee; 1d10+10R; Pen 2)
Legion Bolt Pistol (Basic; 30m; S/-/-; 1d10+9X; Pen 5; Ammo 8; Rld Full; Warp Weapon, Blast (2), Poor Quality0
  Loaded with Tzeentchian Inferno Bolts, Warp Weapon does not function against non-living targets.
Force Staff (Melee; 1d10+14I; Pen 4; Balanced, Force)
  4/5 "charges" left.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 6, 2014

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Satisfied with the servitor's total destruction, Bazroth turned to face the mortal with the shotgun.

"Even your precious technology cannot save you. New converts, show him the results of weakness, as I do to this one."

Gripping the mace in both hands, the marine swung in a large arc towards the Mechanicus priest's torso.

Half-Action: Commanding the non-bodyguard mob to swarm the techpriest with the jammed gun. TN 70 before mods.
Half-Action: Single Swing at the point blank shotgunner for 50 (WS) +10 (Single) +10 (Hatred) = TN 70. Concussive, due to 2h-ing it.
pre:
     WS   BS   S      T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel   Inf
     50   30  (8)40 (8)40  40   50   30   50   60    15, 1/1 IP

Wounds: 16/19         Armour: 8 Body
Dodge: 40, Parry 60      Corruption: 10

Legion Bolt pistol  30m  S/2/–   1d10+9X    Pen.4  8/8  Full Reload | Tearing | Scavenged
Accursed Crozius    Melee —      2d10+14E   Pen.7       Balanced, Concussive (when 2h'd)
							Power Field, Felling (4)
Relevant Traits/Talents:
Heightened Hearing/Sight, Quick Draw (Hatred - Adeptus Mechanicus granted by Crozius)
Melee Opponents may not take Defensive Stance actions. 

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Chaos and evolution, baby.
Vatra the Whisperer

You would think that he would be disappointed with the results of their last concentrated salvo, but Vatra was pleased that SOMEBODY hit the target, and it turned out to be quite pointless in the end as the Dark Apostle smashed the servitor apart anyway. He shrugged and drew the attention of his personal cadre again.

"That could have gone better, but it also could have gone worse. Lets try it out again on something... squishier. Kill the superstitious fool with the shotgun!"

The Apostate motioned towards the Acolyte in the back of the room and let loose with another round of his laspistol along with a small symphony of stub fire before ducking back into cover.

If at first you don't succeed, do it again and see what the gently caress happens?
All shots at Acolyte 1
BS 40 + 10 Half action standard attack, hit on 50 or less. 1d10+2E, 0 Pen
Other half-action to command bodyguards to shoot with their 3 stub revolvers; 1d10+3I, 0 Pen
Command test vs 80, 1d100=67 3 DOS
Using new DOS rules according to your post in the OOC thread.

pre:
WS   BS   S    T   Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel   Inf
30   40   25   33  30   50   50   45   70    15   1/1 IP

Wounds: 8/12         Armour: 4 Arms/Body/Legs
Dodge: 40, Parry 30      Corruption: 6

Laspistol     30m   S/2/–  1d10+2E    Pen 0  28/30  Reliable, Good Quality
PlasmaPistol  40m   S/2/-  1d10+7E    Pen 8  10/10  Maximal, Overheats
Power Blade   Melee   —    1d10+3E    Pen 5         Power Field, Poor Quality

Relevant Traits/Talents:
Quick and the Dead: +2 to Initiative
Radiant Presence: +10 to WP to resist fear/intimidation
Demagogue: When the character uses the Charm or Intimidate skill to affect more 
than one person they may affect up to 100 times his Fellowship Bonus. 
+10 Loyalty to all minions.
Iron Discipline: Followers may reroll failed WP tests to resist Fear and Pinning.
Unshakeable Will: May reroll failed WP tests to avoid Fear.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Leaping out from the cover of his crate, Lucius takes advantage of the space marines distraction, his tainted blades dripping filth as he charges at the slow-moving servitor, aiming to ram his weapon into the half-machine creatures organic guts.

WS 40 + 20 for charge +5 weapon quality - 10 for called shot to the torso = TN of 55 to hit. On hit, 1d10 + 4 R damage with pen 0 and Toxic (2).

As per the Toxic trait (and errata on it), if anything damages me from inside 3 meters (melee weapons or ranged weapons at Point Blank range), they immediately take a Toughness test at -10 or suffer 1d10 damage of type equal to whatever weapon damaged me, and it is not reduced by armor or toughness.

pre:
WS   BS   S    T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel   Inf
40   30   40   60   42   32   36   35   30    15

Wounds: 20/20                Armour: 3 Arms/Body
Dodge: 42, Parry 50(60)      Corruption: 10
Infamy Point: 0/1

Good Sword: 1d10R Balanced
Poor Bolt Pistol: 30m S/2/- 1d10+5X Pen 4 Clip 7/8 Tearing, Unreliable
Melee Attachment: 1d10R Primitive(8)

Traits
Toxic(corruption bonus)
Eye-Stalks (+1 to head crits)

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Gozer

While the Heretek does not know what exactly is going on outside, he hears combat and the sound of people yelling in futile displays of one upmanship. Just as his un-powered power-axe gashes through the side of the giant shrimp, the platform is rocked by the impact of the ship colliding it, and the heretek appears as a rather impressive, if not humiliating, burst of flesh and metal from the side of shrimp, only to land in a bed of it's quickly rotting insides.

Gozer cannot help but sigh in frustration before quickly climbing to his feet, brushing some of the shrimp from his arm. On his feet he quickly surveys the scene. One marine is in the water, the other is engaged with the Warpsmith. If his axe were powered he would aid his mechanicus brother, but right now, he would be better served killing some of the pirates defending their shaman, so he could be more intimately killed for Khorne. Not even bothering to stand he draws his las carbine and fires off into the phalanx.

Failed my test to stay standing. <Werix> 1d100 Stay standing TN of 35
<Hashutbot> Werix, Stay standing TN of 35: 99 [1d100=99]

Going to stay prone since it aids me against fire from the horde. Then going to use half action to semi auto on the horde. TN is 37+0+20(for surprise)-10 fog+30(size)=77

pre:
42   37   35   40  28   66   40   36   35    15   1/1 IP

Wounds: 15/15         Armour:5 Body/Legs
Parry 52      Corruption: 8

Lascarbine     45m   S/2/–  1d10+3E    Pen 0  56/60  Reliable
Power axe      Melee   —    1d10+5E    Pen 0         unbalanced

Relevant Traits/Talents:
Radiant Presence: +10 to WP to resist fear/intimidation
Demagogue: When the character uses the Charm or Intimidate skill to affect more 
than one person they may affect up to 100 times his Fellowship Bonus. 
+10 Loyalty to all minions.
Iron Discipline: Followers may reroll failed WP tests to resist Fear and Pinning.
Unshakeable Will: May reroll failed WP tests to avoid Fear.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus
Acrobatics Check - TN 80 for the time to prepare: SUCCESS.

Looking at the skimmer nearby, now was his time to act. Victus stood up, and decided that he needed to take care of those idiots on that skimmer once and for all. Jumping up over the crate...

Acrobatics Check: 45. I'm rolling against base 60, so even if there's a -10 modifier for moving in obstructed terrain I still succeed.

Victus begins to rush towards the fools on the skimmer. He would quickly dispatch of the one before turning his filgree gaze upon the other for the killing!

I am making a Half-move, if possible, to go in a straight line towards the guy manning the harpoon gun on the skimmer. If I can make it there in a half-move, I will use my other half action to make a Swift Attack against him. Even though I'm using a bad weapon, the fact that he's surprised is going to really help push me over the top.

If I cannot make it there in a half-move, then I Charge, if possible, and make an attack against the guy manning the harpoon gun.

Also, if I need to make an Acrobatics check for my horizontal jump... 9. I make it, needless to say.

pre:
58     28     50     35     60     27     40     33     30

Wounds: 5/14    Infamy: 1/1    Fatigue Level: 0    Initiative: 1d10+8
Movement: 6/12/36/36

SB: 5  TB: 3
Dodge: 70
Parry: 58 (Poor Quality Power Sword, but Balanced!)

Armour: Body 6, all else 4

Weapons: 
Poor Quality Human Power Sword (-10 to WS checks using it) 1d10+10 (+5 base, +5 ST) Pen 5, Power Field, Balanced)

Special Abilities:

Adroit (+1 DoS on all WS checks)
Quick and the Dead (+2 to Initiative)

Combat talents:
Jaded, Quick Draw, Rapid Reload, Sure Strike, Disarm, Ambidextrous, Swift Attack, 
Precise Blow, Hard Target, Preternatural Speed, Two-Weapon Wielder, Blade Dancer, Step Aside.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Zegasi, Gozer, Victus, Ariston, Opifex and Erika the Red with new scavenger friends.

From behind the carcass, the Khornate tech-priest takes a few lucky shots with his lascarbine, carving holes in two unlucky pirates right in the chest as they fall to the ground dying. (Did 2 Magnitude damage)

lovely powerblade raised, Victus vaults over the metal crate with a long jump towards the skimmer, the Renegade and the castaway meet eyes for a single second before a downfall swipe separates the pirate's right arm from his body. He takes a few seconds to grasp what happened before staggering back in shock locking at his arm before falling into the water with a *SPLASH* to his death in the deep Ocean World.

The pilot of the skimmer immediately releases his hands from the controls while pulling a rusted stub automatic from his holster and spraying a few shots at Victus, not to much effectiveness as the shots hit the crate behind the Renegade instead of his body.

For once the currents of the warp do not betray Zegasi as he tries to focus it into his aim at the now shieldless marine. The sorcerer takes advantage of his enemy unfortunate position and fires his bolt pistol at his upper body. The rare warp-infused bolt round travels through the air in a myriad of bright colors before going through the chaos marine breastplate like paper, striking the flesh underneath with ease. The enemy grunts in pain but the damage was not enough to bring him down for good. He stares at the two marines as he struggles to get up. (Rolls exactly 60 on the FP test and hits the marine, dealing 5 damage)

The old wyrd in tattered robes keeps muttering things but this time he looks straight in the direction of Ariston, Zegasi and Gozer in the cover of the giant shrimp's body. He raises his two hands in their direction, closes his eyes and starts yelling incomprehensible things as he's visibly straining from effort. The fellow psyker Zegasi suddenly feels a very bitter taste in his tongue and have a feeling something bad is about to happen.

Various blindingly bright bolts of lightning appear in his hands as they're launched towards the trio's position. The shrimp's body takes the full brunt of the psychic assault as it explodes in small flames around the heretics as *ZAP* after *ZAP* hits it. One of the strongest bolts hits Ariston straight in the chest as he feels electric currents overpowering his suit, the Veteran looks at several warning runes that desperately flash before everything goes dark and he feels the immense weight of the suit for the first time. The Mark 6 Corvus armor is noticeably lighter than a Mark 5, but it still is an adeptus astartes suit.

The air around the trio grows full of static as any kind of technology stops functioning, Gozer suddenly feels very tired and confused as his cybernetics implants refuse to answer and activate. For once, not having a powered suit helps Zegasi as he practically remains intact after the eletric psychic assault. The shaman does a maddened laughter before snapping back to serious muttering and glancing around.

Shaman uses Neural Storm (Tome of Fate page 58), the cover of the shrimp is completely destroyed but it's what soaked the entire damage of the psychic attack. He got enough DoS on the focus power that he added the Haywire to his attack. I rolled the d10 and it resulted in Dead Zone for this round around Ariston's position. Also you all rolled terribly for Dodging this, Ariston rolled a natural 100, Zegasi 99 and Gozer 83

From the book: Dead Zone: Technology within the affected area completely ceases to function. Power armour becomes unpowered, reducing the wearer’s movement to 1. Characters with cybernetic replacements to any internal organ(s) suffer one level of Fatigue each round they remain in the Dead Zone. Melee weapons with technological components (i.e., power swords) function as a Primitive weapon of their type.

The scavengers around the shaman take this opportunity to attack the marine that burned their comrades to death. They all raise autoguns in terrible conditions towards Ariston and fire, but all the bullets miss as some curse and stare incredulously at the Veteran, wondering if the enemy is a mirage or psychic trick. (Spectral Haunter saves the day)

The situation is not looking good for Opifex either, as the slanneshi raptor gets his so desired revenge with a sudden swipe at the Warpsmith, this time his mechatendril is not fast enough to block the attack as the chainsword carves a line in his chest, taking advantage of the corroded status of the power armor. The chainsword rips out a good chunk of skin as blood flies through the air, severely staggering Opifex as the pain overwhelms him. The raptor lets out a deafening maniacal laughter, amplified by his customized power armor systems. "GYAHAHAHAHAHA! Not looking so good now are you, little cog-marine?" he glances at Erika with his cracked visor. "I'm gonna take it very very slowly with you, mortal." he says as he roars the bloodied chainsword. (Opifex suffers the first Zealous Hatred of the game. He suffers 9 Damage, and is Stunned for 1 Round. He nailed his Toughness test to avoid having Blood Loss)

Pink is the Raptor
Black/Grey is the Shield Marine
Big Yellow is a 26/35 Magnitude Horde

INITIATIVE

Erika 14
Ariston 13
Opifex 12 Stunned for this round.
Shield Marine 11 15/21 Wounds, 1 Fatigue
Gozer 10
Victus 10
Skimmer Castaways 10
Zegasi 9
Ocean World Shaman 7
Ship Castaways 4

The Shield Marine is at +10 to hit and has -10 to his own Reactions, but his Legs are completely covered due to firing angle

Vatra and his loyal bodyguards surrounding him have much more luck hitting anything this time, with quick snapshots in the direction of one of the techpriest acolytes. The las bolt from the Apostate's pistol glances at his head as he staggers back, the stub revolvers of his bodyguards finish the job, spraying him with bullets as he falls to the ground, screaming in pain before dying.

The prisoners behind the barrel hear the command from Bazroth but some feel aprehensive at charging a maddened armored tech-priest with a sharp combat knife in his hand. The Word Bearer swings the enourmous Crozius at the acolyte nearby, nearly decapitating him if it wasn't for a quick duck from the small human. The junior techpriest suddenly has a brief look of sanity in his face as he realizes that just happened and what exactly he's facing. "Y-you... MONSTER!!! G-GET AWAY FROM ME!!!!!!" With the shotgun shaking in his hands he tries to run away without care, which costs his life, as Bazroth takes advantage from this grave error, cleaving his legs off with an underswipe that sends his legs flying away from the hole in hull on fire. (Your SA misses, Acolyte tries to Half Move away without disengaging and dies from the Opportunity Attack.)

While this is happening the prisoners finally run towards the senior techpriest, the Heretics watch in shame as one of the worst tactical charges happen before their eyes. The techpriest fights with the combined fury and determination only complete insanity and total desperation for life can muster, he stabs one prisoner in the chest straight at the heart, slashes the eyes and throats of others, and finally repeatedly stabs another in the gut. Eventually he's overwhelmed by five prisoners that remain intact and is brought down screaming with anger, they take no chances and disarm him before punching and kicking him to death. (You failed the Command test real bad. You have 5 prisoners intact now, 4 are dead and 1 is severely injured and is on the ground screaming in pain.)

The nurglite Lucius jumps at the servitor with his poisoned blade and stabs him in the organic parts of his chest. The sword is pushed and eventually hits some random metal mechanism, but the damage is done. The toxin works fast as it spreads through the remaining flesh parts of the servitor, he staggers a little before bleeding from his eyes and mouth, all with a completely blank expression on his face. He eventually falls down and remains still forever, his servo arm readied but never used.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Ariston the Hekatonkheir

Ariston's satisfaction at watching the enemy scatter before him was shortlived. He had just enough time to bring his bolter to bear against the massed throng of scavengers before bolts of sorcerous lightning began raining down around him, the sea-beast's carcass exploding into chunks of charred meat before a bolt arced straight into his chest.

The armor protected him from the worst of the damage, but he watched as the runes in his display lit up in alarm before flickering out completely. A great weight suddenly settled upon his shoulders as the display from his helmet shrank down to only what was directly visible from its lenses. Auto-senses, strength augmentation, motive systems...everything was offline.

Lesser warriors might have panicked, fearing for their lives as they found themselves trapped within an unresponsive metal shell. Ariston was no lesser warrior. As the rabble turned their guns ineffectually towards him he dropped his bolter, the weapon falling to the deck with a heavy clang, then mustering all of his strength he took a single, heavy step forward.

Then another.

Then another.

"I...will not...be denied!," he roared as he strode forward like an implacable juggernaut, each labored footfall reverberating across the deck like a hammerblow while bullets flew harmlessly past him. With one final step he cleared the edge of the Warp-tainted zone and as he did his armor surged back to life. He drew his pistol and sword and thumbed the activation rune on the hilt of his blade, deadly power crackling to life along its length. "Do you think that can stop me, wyrdling!? Do you think your rusted guns and warp-tricks will save you from my wrath!? Pray to your petty gods while you still draw breath and know that your death is at hand!"

Taking a Run action to get out of the deadzone, according to frajaq even with a speed of 1 I can just make it out so put me somewhere in front of the gangplank I guess. Enemies are at -20 BS to hit me for -50 total thanks to the fog but +20 to WS attacks. As free actions I drop my bolter and Quick Draw my bolt pistol and power sword. If someone tries attacking me in melee I have Parry 70 and a Balanced weapon in hand.

pre:
Ariston

Dodge 40 [50], Parry 70

Skills: Athletics, Awareness +10, Command, Dodge,

Unnatural Toughness (+4)

Special Ability:
increased by 20.

Equipment:
Legion Bolter
Combi-Flamer Attachment
-Basic 20m S/-/- 1d10+9E Pen 4 Clip 0 Rld 2 Full Special: Flame, Spray
Legion Bolt Pistol
-Pistol 30m S/2/- 1d10+9X Pen 4 Clip 8 Rld Full Special: Tearing
Legion Combat Knife
-Melee 1d10+10R Pen 2
Legion Power Sword
-Melee 1d10+16E Pen 6 Special: Power Field, Balanced, 8 uses
Legion Frag Grenade
Legion Krak Grenade

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Erika the Red

Erika's attention is absorbed by the sudden lightning storm on the platform; as Ariston hauled himself out of it, ranting furiously and drawing fresh weapons , she made a mental note to stay on his good side.

She turns back in time to witness another debacle as Opifex, the sole meatshield between her and the claws of the raptor, staggers back from a particularly nasty chainsword. Still, if she was going down she'd go down trash-talking.

"Surely you know better than to threaten a fellow Slaaneshi with torture? If you hate a fellow Slaaneshi, you give them a fast and ignoble death, like this."

Erika hammers the bolt pistol at the marine and braces herself in case this doesn't work.

Half-Action Aim and Semi-Auto Burst on the Raptor: 40 BS + 10 Aim + 30 Point Blank -10 Fog= TN 70
pre:

Weapons: 

Special Abilities:
Maniacal Narcissist WS (ToE pg33): Gain +20 instead of +10 when spending Infamy to add to chosen test type; if test is failed, 
must pass -20 WP test or attempt again (if possible). If failed again, -10 WP until I either succeed or the session ends.

Creature of Comfort: -10 Penalty to all tests involving using Poor items/services.

Quick and the Dead

Combat talents:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

With her bolt pistol raised, the Pirate Princess quickly pulls the trigger on the semi-auto fire mode... and hears an unfortunate *CLACKTCH* as her weapon staggers and the bolt rounds doesn't come out. The jamming is so poorly-timed and tragic that the Slaneeshi Raptor simply has to acknowledge with a chuckle. "You're not having a good day, are you little mortal? Truly the warp has forgotten about you. I've changed my mind again, I'll kill you quickly!" (Rolled a 97 and your bolt pistol is Jammed, rip)

As Ariston takes the last arduous step out of the psychic electric field around him, he sees the power armor systems quickly re-boot and start working again. The experience didn't help with the limited power cell duration however, and a warning rune tells the Veteran that he has only 2 hours of use remaining before it shuts down again.

The marine on the dangerous waters desperately tries to climb back but the recent fire at his position by Zegasi and the injuries received by the warp bolts and flame attack earlier make the task an arduous one, with one last grunt he almost climbs back at the platform before he slips and almost completely loses his grasp on the edge of it. "drat YOU ALL!! Who could have expected an ambush like this? I swea-" he interrupts himself to look back at the ocean, where something enormous underwater is speeding towards his location. "No... no.. NOOO! THIS IS NOT THE GLORIOUS DEATH I WAS PROMISED!" he tries to raise his legion shotgun back but it is too late.

Erika and Opifex recognize the beast as one of the infamous Sabre Sharks of Furia. The shark is bigger than a Leman Russ tank and his massive jaws have sword-like teeth, ridiculously sharp. With only a bite he has half of the chaos marine in his jaws, and he sinks his teeth easily through the power armor, spraying blood everywhere in the waters around him. The enemy tries slamming the predator with his gauntlets but it's all for nothing, as he's dragged screaming down to the depths of the Ocean World. (Fails the Athletic test to get up real bad.)

The Raptor glances at what just happened and shakes his head. "What a bad way of dying, but I never liked that sycophant anyway!"

Pink is the Raptor

INITIATIVE

Erika 14
Ariston 13

Opifex 12 Stunned for this round.
Shield Marine 11 Eaten by a bigass shark
Gozer 10
Victus 10
Skimmer Castaways 10
Zegasi 9
Ocean World Shaman 7
Ship Castaways 4

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Shaking his head at the doomed charge, Bazroth took stock of the situation.

"It appears that no enemies remain, though at a cost. Such is the way of all things. Equip yourselves with the armaments of the fallen. We keep moving forward."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Gozer

pre:
ChaOS Ver. 34.6.709 Emergency Sequence
+Warning: disruption to Cerebral implants detected.
+Scanning: Disruption appears to be environmental.
+Higher Brain Functions not responding
+Lower Brain Functions not responding
+Estimated time until brain death: 4 minutes 19 seconds.
+Initiating zone removal protocols followed by reboot.
Gozer, in an almost machine-like manner, stands up from the shrimp-like slop, and jerkily moves in the direction of Erika.

Half action to stand, other half action to move toward erika. Hope to use technical knock on her pistol next turn.

pre:

Relevant Traits/Talents:

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Victus

Watching the arm fly off, Victus grins to himself. Now he felt powerful again!

Just as he was reveling in that feeling, however, he hears gunfire from a stub pistol hit a surface next to him, but missing him completely.

Victus turns his head slowly towards the remaining scum on the boat.

Today was not that poor scumbag's day. But first, Victus would make him regret shooting at him...

Alright, here we go. If he's more than 4 meters away from me, I Charge him to make an attack. If he's less than 4 meters from me, I take a Half-Move and make a Standard Attack.

pre:
58     28     50     35     60     27     40     33     30

Wounds: 5/14    Infamy: 1/1    Fatigue Level: 0    Initiative: 1d10+8
Movement: 6/12/36/36

SB: 5  TB: 3
Dodge: 70
Parry: 58 (Poor Quality Power Sword, but Balanced!)

Armour: Body 6, all else 4

Weapons: 
Poor Quality Human Power Sword (-10 to WS checks using it) 1d10+10 (+5 base, +5 ST) Pen 5, Power Field, Balanced)

Special Abilities:

Adroit (+1 DoS on all WS checks)
Quick and the Dead (+2 to Initiative)

Combat talents:
Jaded, Quick Draw, Rapid Reload, Sure Strike, Disarm, Ambidextrous, Swift Attack, 
Precise Blow, Hard Target, Preternatural Speed, Two-Weapon Wielder, Blade Dancer, Step Aside.
Edit: Changed my attack action based on what was said in the OOC thread.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 12, 2014

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

Sighing in disappointment Vatra takes stock of the results of the lackluster charge by their ever-dwindling group of followers. Five of the prisoner mob remained, discounting the one too injured to continue on. The Apostate moved quickly towards the senior tech-priest, relieving the fallen of his shotgun and passing it to the only one of his chosen four who was still lacking a firearm. This one would be useful to keep at his side.

"Do make sure that it doesn't jam and get you killed like the last owner. The rest of you should scavenge what armor you can from the corpses."

Vatra eyed the massive hole in the side of the ship, pondering what could have caused such damage on this seemingly water covered world. If the damage had occurred in space then the ship would have likely been destroyed long before making it planet side. Besides, it almost looked like... a bite mark? That possibility only raised questions and more notably, concerns.

"I agree we should advance, yet I believe stripping this room of anything valuable towards our survival is the prudent choice. Between the lot of us we should make short work of searching these crates."

Passing a shotgun to my last guy wielding a shock baton and having the others armor up, then having my four + prisoners search the room for anything of value to us. I'll leave the circle to Firesight.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Zegasi

One down...two to go. Told you! :krakentoot: "And in a manner suited to my taunt, no less." It seemed the next best target was the nearby raptor, shouting over the befuddled form of the newly arrived warpsmith. Zegasi was not near enough to the Slaaneshi raptor to engage with him directly...but there was one other option.

It just happened to be rather dangerous, as the sorcerer's experiences within the ork voidship attested. "Powers of the Warp protect me - here goes nothing!" With that shout he reached out again telekinetically...though this time attempting to wield Opifex's own bolter in his defense.

• Half action to cast Precision Telekinesis at Unfettered, not using the Psy-Focus, at TN 85. (WP 65 +20 Psy Rating.)
  • Assuming that goes off, Free action to Quick Draw Opifex's bolter.
  • (Again) assuming that goes off, Half action to fire the bolter semi-auto at the raptor, at TN 85. (WP 65 -10 fog +30 Point-Blank, since the raptor and Opifex are still engaged in melee. No penalty to hit in melee as Opifex is stunned.) If it will get me one more hit, and we need the hit, I'll use my Infamy Point to add a DoS for being devoted to Tzeentch.)
  • If (however unlikely) Precision Telekinesis fails, Half action to move towards the raptor/Opifex/Erika.

pre:

Wounds: 18/18    Infamy: 1/1    Fatigue: 0    Initiative: 1d10+3

Parry, Psyniscience +10

Weapons:
Legion Bolt Pistol (Basic; 30m; S/-/-; 1d10+9X; Pen 5; Ammo 8; Rld Full; Warp Weapon, Blast (2), Poor Quality0
  Loaded with Tzeentchian Inferno Bolts, Warp Weapon does not function against non-living targets.
  4/5 "charges" left.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Cleaning his blade off on the servitors corpse, Lucius looks around to see all of his enemies dead. Good. While the 'hired help' began their task of searching through the crates, the nuglite walks straight across the bloody circle to the hole in the hull, poking his head outside and turning his eyes in all directions to try and see what could be seen.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

As Gozer steps out of the technological dead zone caused by the shaman's sorcery he feels all his inner mechanisms and implants returning back to normal function.

The remaining pirate on the skimmer can see clearly that Victus is gonna charge him, but he feels difficulty in maneuvering in the small ship. When the Renegade finally speeds toward him he tries ducking and rolling away, to no avail. With a powerful thrust with the rusty powerblade he stabs the entire length of the weapon through the scavenger's chest, until Victus can only see the hilt and a grievously injured torso. The enemy looks at him in anger and tries to say something, but only blood comes out of his mouth. He dies soon, collapsing near the sea-skimmer's controls.

The sorcerer Zegasi manages to summon out spectral grasps that only he can see, as they fly towards Opifex's holstered bolter and grab it, aiming up at the Raptor. The Slaneeshi marine hesitates for a half-second as he sees the floating bolter before him as he realizes that something is wrong, he is quick enough to roll away from the first thunderous round that comes from the gun, but not the following two. One of the bolts explode in his helmet right in the visors, tearing them off and finishing the job Erika's pistol started. The other explodes in his right arm gauntlet holding the chainsword, right in the elbow connection. Pieces of ceramite and corrupted flesh fly out and fall down on the water as the bolt round leaves his arm a bloodied, limp ruin that continues to leak out blood, forcing the Raptor to drop his chainsword as he yells in many agonies. "You DARE deny me my exquisite senses? I won't go down this way!" he yells ridiculously loud, just like a suddenly deaf person would say. (Zegasi had to spend his Infamy Point to get the 3rd hit. The hits did 8 damage. He's Blinded and Deafened for this round, suffers Blood Loss and has 5 levels of fatigue.)

"Bastards, my other hand is working just fine!" The Raptor quickly searches for his chainsword on the ground with his left hand, when he finds the hilt he immediately brings it up in an horizontal swipe, trying to roughly estimate the location where Opifex's head was and intent on chopping it down. Unfortunately turns out melee fighting while temporarily blind is really hard, and the swing goes wild over his head. (Raptor doesn't die from Blood Loss due to Larraman’s Organ. He misses badly even with many penalties to WS due to being blind.)

In the middle of the pirate pack in front of Ariston, the shaggy-looking shaman opens his jaws and lets out an deafening roar. Immediately the heavy fog that was covering the entirety of the surroundings thus far dissipates instantly. The white mists give way to the dark red skies over the Heretics once again. Ariston sees the shaman stare at him once again, he raises his opened hands like before, muttering something, and then quickly close them really tight. The Veteran then feels something utterly unnatural trying to squeeze his multi-lungs, but just as he feels the presence it disappears from his inner body, as the shaman curses loudly and then grunts to his followers surrounding him. (He tries to use Last Breath (Tome of Fate 58) but fails Focus Power test.)

The huge mob of Castaways step forward with their autoguns raised and concentrate their fire at the giant figures of Ariston and Zegasi, unfortunately they prove to be terrible shots as even with so many bullets flying out, not enough hit the powerful physiques to do any serious damage. (Castaways are terrible shots and miss their 2 Horde Ranged Attacks.)

Pink is the Raptor

The unnatural fog is gone, as is the -10 penalty to any BS tests.

INITIATIVE

Erika 14
Ariston 13
Opifex 12
Gozer 10
Victus 10
Skimmer Castaways 10
Zegasi 9
Ocean World Shaman 7 12/12 Wounds
Slaneeshi Raptor 6 -6/19 Wounds Blind and Deafened for 1 Round, 5 Fatigue, suffering Blood Loss
Ship Castaways 4

As Vatra coordinates the efforts of searching the storage room and making sure his loyal personnal bodyguards gets the best share of equipment, Bazroth and Lucius steps out into the breach in the hull too look at the world outside. They see an ork vessel nearby, nearly completely engulfed by the endless World Ocean surrounding him. More important is a rusty-looking ship and some scattered pieces of metal in the middle of the two wrecks. The Heretics can see and hear intense fighting between figures in it, both humans and astartes. Normal bullets and bolt rounds fly out endlessly, and they even spot successive lightning strikes of undoubtedly unnatural origins. The fight is going some good meters away from your position. You see a twisted structure coming out from your own wreckage, that was perhaps once a piece of augur array, long enough to reach the big ship but around five meters above its roof.

You can jump down into the scavengers ship, but would have to pass a +30 Acrobatics test or suffer 1d10 damage (soaked by Toughness Bonus but not armor)

The prisoners all report back to Vatra with bad news, while one of the stabbed nearby still lies on the ground, moaning in agony at his bleeding eyes and guts. One of the prisoners quick enough to grab a shotgun on the ground gets fed up with it and gives him mercy with a shotgun blast at the head. The Apostate learns that this storage room doesn't yield anything particularly useful, being a place with barrels fulls of toxic chemical by-products, and crates full of kitchen utensils and uniforms of various types, be it for cooks, usual ratings and even prisoners ones. The bright side is that all of your rag-tag band of prisoners all have at least now an improvised melee weapon, like cleavers and kitchen knifes.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Zegasi

That went about as well as I could have hoped. :krakentoot: indeed.

Zegasi smirked at the raptor's blind fury. "Surely you do not - pardon the pun - blindly trust your senses without introspection?" But surely now Erika and Opifex - no longer stunned - would be able to silence the fool. Of greater concern, then, was the shaman opposite him. Unfortunately the man was surrounded by a motley collection of guards, scavengers, and assorted ne'er-do-wells. Perhaps it was time to thin their numbers...

----

Good Scenario: Assuming Erika and Opifex can take down someone who's blind and at -6.

It never hurt to be polite to one's ostensible allies, and Zegasi considered returning Opifex's bolter. The problem, however, was that the shaman's techbane powers still persisted within several meters of where Zegasi stood. "Returning" the warpsmith's bolter in favor of his own would be less than optimal. Perhaps he'd be able to repay the impromptu favor later in bolter shells, but in the mean time there was a pack of heretics to take down. And you are not a heretic as well? How droll. :smaug: With his left hand the sorcerer mimed firing his bolt pistol, and the bolter responded in kind.

• Half action to fire Opifex's bolter semi-auto at the horde, at TN 105. (Base 65 +10 Short Range +30 size.)
  • Half action to sustain Precision TK.

----

Bad Scenario: The Slaaneshi raptor is still standing.

It seemed that the raptor's life was still longer than his tongue. Ah well, it would be best to finish the job here. One more shot, one more chance to miss with someone else's weapon.
  • Half action to fire Opifex's bolter semi-auto at the raptor, at TN 95. (Base 65 +30 Point-Blank.)
  • Half action to sustain Precision TK.

pre:

Wounds: 18/18    Infamy: 0/1    Fatigue: 0    Initiative: 1d10+3

Parry, Psyniscience +10

Weapons:
Legion Bolt Pistol (Basic; 30m; S/-/-; 1d10+9X; Pen 5; Ammo 8; Rld Full; Warp Weapon, Blast (2), Poor Quality
  4/5 "charges" left.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Erika the Red

So far, this was definitely one of the worst days in Erika's recent memory. As if getting blown up by some two-bit Slaanesh-betraying pirate wasn't humiliating enough, her ancestral sword was trashed and couldn't even harm a shrimp, and now her gun had punctuated her insults with nothing but mocking clicks. It barely even cheered her up to see the raptor suffer the loss of his senses and arm. Seeing Gozer approaching, she resisted the urge to throw the gun at the raptor's face and instead held it out at arm's length to the heretek. Nothing to do but grit her teeth and bear the universe's insults; a chance to take out her frustrations on someone else would surely be along soon assuming that nothing else terrible happened, and really, what were the chances of that?

Delay until after Gozer and start to Reload, spreading the remaining half-action of reloading into next round. If I can't do that, just Guarded Action and sulk about the lost clip instead.

pre:

Weapons: 

Special Abilities:

Quick and the Dead

Combat talents:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Ariston the Hekatonkheir

Ariston laughed as the insufferable Raptor was mauled by bolter fire. The sorcerer was both cunning and resourceful it seemed. Good. He would need to be if they were to escape this miserable world.

With an inhuman roar the scavenger's wyrd suddenly banished the fog that had been shrouding the battlefield, but it had served its purpose. Let them see their doom clearly for all it would avail them. The wyrd set his gaze upon him and he could feel ethereal hands attempting to squeeze the breath from his body...and he just as quickly felt them falter, a wicked chuckle rising from his throat as the shaman's powers failed him.

Even without the fog the scavengers' shots went wide, bullets panging off of crates and the deck, everywhere but their target. "Your weapons fail you," he said over the din of battle, unconcerned even as rounds continued to fly past him. "Your champions stumble and fall. Even the treacherous gods of the Warp abandon you. There is no escape for you now, no salvation save one...SUBMIT! Or die."

Without hesitation he raised his bolt pistol towards the crowd, his helmet's auto-senses highlighting the shaman hiding amongst them a split second before he pulled the trigger.

Half action Aim (+10), half action Called Shot against the shaman (possible due to power armor auto-senses, -20), short range (I'm only 10 meters from the horde, shaman shouldn't be further than 15 meters or so, +10), overall BS 50.

pre:
Ariston

Dodge 40 [50], Parry 70

Skills: Athletics, Awareness +10, Command, Dodge,

Unnatural Toughness (+4)

Special Ability:
increased by 20.

Equipment:
Legion Bolter
Combi-Flamer Attachment
-Basic 20m S/-/- 1d10+9E Pen 4 Clip 0 Rld 2 Full Special: Flame, Spray
Legion Bolt Pistol
-Pistol 30m S/2/- 1d10+9X Pen 4 Clip 7 Rld Full Special: Tearing
Legion Combat Knife
-Melee 1d10+10R Pen 2
Legion Power Sword
-Melee 1d10+16E Pen 6 Special: Power Field, Balanced, 8 uses
Legion Frag Grenade
Legion Krak Grenade

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Sep 13, 2014

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Gozer

pre:
ChaOS Ver. 34.6.709 Emergency Sequence
+Cogitator upgrades...chk+
+Restoring Cogitator backups+
+Loading cached memories.lb+
+Loading daemons.lib+
+Loading Khorne.Lib+
+Loading smithing routines.lib+
+Loading remaining Libraries...+
+Libraries Loaded!+

+Running Implant Check+
+Utility Mechadendrite...chk!+
+Ferric Lure Implants...Chk+

+Loading ChaOS biological senses drivers...+
 +Drivers Loaded!+

+Running Consciousness.exe...+
Gozer blinks his eyes as his consciousness reboots. The Khornate in him wants to charge the wretched witch and kill him, but the heretek knows he couldn't wade through that many peons with his unpowered-axe. Finding himself near the Pirate Princess, and the piercing sound of the jammed weapon still in his memory banks, he quickly closes the distance and swings his utility mechadendrite at the pro-offered bolt pistol, saying a prayer to Khorne under his breath.

Half action to get to Erika, other half action to technical knock that gun back into shape.

pre:

Relevant Traits/Talents:

Werix fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Sep 15, 2014

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Bazroth attempts to carefully touch down from the augur array, but unused to the awkward way his armor hangs from him and falls unexpectedly.

Agi+10 Test (Acrobatics Untrained) TN 50: 1d100 95
I'm guessing you roll the damage?

Taking any available cover, he attempts to take stock of the raging battle, but is more cautious than watchful.

Perception or Scrutiny?, TN 40 (Trained+Heightened Senses): 1d100 76

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

Following the Word Bearer to the edge of the augur array, Lucius is distracted from the marines climbing by the battle being waged below. Still, he was preparing himself to follow then the marines hands slip. Without thinking, the death priest hand shoots out in an attempt to grab hold of the Word Bearer, but all he succeeds in doing is sending himself tumbling down after his companion.

Scrambling back to his feet, now below the augur array, Lucius finds himself completely unharmed by his sudden plumet. When Nurgle gives immortality, he makes sure it sticks. The rogue thought brings a grin to his face as his eyes re-orient towards the battle and he scrambles for his own cover. Hopefully neither side had noticed his appearance.

<FireSight> 1d100 vs 52 agility
<Hashutbot> FireSight, vs 52 agility: 92 [1d100=92]
<FireSight> hahaha
<FireSight> 1d10-6 damage
<Hashutbot> FireSight, damage: -4 [1d10=2]

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

Watching in amusement the Apostate witnessed his two companions failing their descent to the augur array. A lesser man would become discouraged by their performance, but a lesser man would also refuse to listen to his brain.

"The climb may seem daunting, yet we are many. Let us work together towards advancing our goal and help one another to reach it swiftly."

And so the Apostate used his chosen four and the remaining prisoners to safely and securely lower himself down towards the platform below, ducking into cover and trying to get an eye for what sort of battle was taking place below.

TN 50(+10 for assist) Acrobatics test to climb down, 1d100=9, 6 DOS
Perception TN 50, 1d100=93, 5 DOF

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Opifex

As the overhwelming flash of pain subsides, Opifex looks at his bolter floating in the air besides him, fighting on its own. It take shim a moment to realise the psyker was using it, but when he sees the wounds on the raptor, it becomes clear Zegasi knew what he was doing. He swings his axe at the raptor again, hoping the slaaneshi marine would stumble while blind and fall off the crate.

Half action aim, half action to standard attack the raptor. 45 + 10 (standard attack) + 10 (aim) = TN 65. Not sure of possible modifiers for him being blind.

pre:
45     45   30[40]   55     40     66    30[50]  45     28

Wounds: 9/18    Infamy: 1/1    Fatigue Level: 0    Initiative: 1d10+4

SB: 8  TB: 9
Awareness: 50
Dodge: 40
Parry: 45 (mechatendril)

Armour: All 6

Weapons: 
Fallen Magos Power Axe: Two-handed melee: 2d10+4E; Pen 6; Power Field, Unbalanced
Legion Bolter: Basic; 100m; S/3/-; 1d10+9X; Pen 4; Ammo: 24/24; Tearing
Multi-melta: Heavy; 60m; S/-/-; 2d10+16E; Pen 12; Ammo: 2/12; Blast (1), Melta
Mechatendril: Handless melee; 1d10+4R; Pen 0; Flexible

Special Abilities:
Binaric Curse (ToD p.35): Spend infamy point to cause a piece of technology to fail
(eg. targeted weapon gains Overheat or Unbalanced for encounter).

Unnatural Strength +4
Unnatural Toughness +4

Combat talents:
Ambidextrous, Bulging Biceps, Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight), Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw,
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poisons, Fear), Unarmed Warrior, Disturbing Voice, Enemy (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Rapid Reload, Technical Knock, Unshakeable Will

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The Nine Outcasts

Under the bullets flying out, Gozer reaches Erika's weapon, sticks his mechandendrite in and convinces the rebellious machine spirit within to stop being so stubborn. The ruined bolt rounds clip is spit out from the pistol and *clanks* on the metal floor, but the weapon is unjammed at least.

For a split second the World Shaman tries to divinate where exactly Ariston's will shoot him as the Veteran rises his bolt pistol. Unfortunately for the old wyrd he ducks in the wrong direction as the astartes-sized bolt round explodes in his right thigh, separating the leg from the body in a shower of gore that covers a Castaway behind him. The robed psyker immediately falls down, he tries to desperatedly mutter something as he looks at the swiftly growing pool of blood beneath him before finally expiring away.

While Opifex is reading the hopefully last swing of his desecrated magos power axe, the Raptor starts to regain his senses. Unfortunately it is too late for him when he regains his sight, the last thing he sees is a power axe coming hard from the right. With a massive *CHOP* the Warpsmith hits his target in the neck, decapitating the slaneeshi marine before he can say any more taunts. The helmet and head flies off to land in the deep waters, while his lifeless body slumps off the massive crate and lands with a *CLANG*

Zegasi with his spectral hands far away, wielding the loaned bolter, fires the weapon again, this time at the huge mob of armed castaways around the dead shaman. Four of them simply explode as the bolt rounds hit them, covering the boarding ramp in even more blood and pieces of bones.

Even after all that the Castaways have a look at defiance on their faces, as they take aim at the Heretics around them one more time... until they hear several impact noises from above the scavenger ship's roof. They all look behind and up to spot several new armed figures jump down from a piece of hanging augur array mechanism from the wreck of the imperial ship. A mutant with an eye-stalk, another astartes with a massive crozius in his hands with only his powerarmor breatplate and a regular human in purple robes, behind them a small group of prisoners with shaved heads, all wearing and using looted weapons and armor of various types.

The Heretics are united at last! Bazroth shrugged the falling damage with his TB

The Castaways glance at eachother, at the newcomers from above and the Heretics at the floating piece of landing zone before grunting and throwing their weapons on the ground, slowly raising their hands in an uneasy surrender, with really unhappy look in their faces at their current situation.

Both the scavenger ship and the metal wrecks shudder as a massive explosion is felt from the Ork ship nearby. Every single soul stops to stare at a gigantic plasma fireball violently appears from the Reactor part of the ork ship, dividing the already torn-up wreck in two as it immediately sinks to the deep waters. But not before they spot the shape of an ork helikopta fly out from one of the torpedo tubes.

Two ork shapes on the pilot seats can be seen but not immediately recognizable, although Gozer, Zegasi and Victus are pretty sure they are the Kommando Nob and Mekboy from earlier. They circle around the sinking ork ship until nothing can be seem save a few scattered ork pieces of hulk. Finally they seem to decide on a random direction and fly the thing full-speed to northwest.

Combat is over! Everyone gets 250 XP, +2 Infamy and +2 Corruption. Bazroth, Lucius and Vatra are on the ship's roof but they can get down without any problem. Introduce yourselves/figure out what to do next.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Erika the Red

As the crowd dropped their weapons, Erika slapped her last clip into the bolt pistol and re-holstered it. Now that they had a ship, they could take a few steps towards getting off this cesspit before something ate them, and that was almost as wonderful as that smug raptor getting decapitated. It felt like the fight had dislodged a bit of the rust, too. She nods to Gozer. "Thanks for fixing my gun. Hopefully that was just the clip and the gun isn't even more damaged than I thought."

While she waited for that, she turned and started thinking over all the things that just happened. There was new company arriving from the nearby ship; she'd wait for them to introduce themselves. She had no idea what to think of the flying Ork contraption, but maybe it would be worth following. Orks had an odd tendency to blunder into good fortune even when they didn't actually know where they were going, and she'd traded with enough Freebotaz to know they could even be reasonable if you convinced them they could get a better fight elsewhere by helping you. As for the crowd of natives, they'd be needing them to manage the ship, and the only reason they had to help them was a fear of death, so she'd leave it to one of the Astartes to cow them into obedience.

Buying Stealth and Charm (Known) for 300 XP.

vvvvv Edit: Reading comprehension is a constant struggle; I blame doing half of my posting right after I wake up.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Sep 18, 2014

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Might I point out that Opifex had already healed everyone before to full (with the exception of Victus) in this here post

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Bazroth attempts to get up gracefully from his somewhat botched landing.

"Excellent. And here I was, convinced I'd be surrounded by Imperials, or nothing at all. I see that we've come in at just the right time."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Ariston the Hekatonkheir

Ariston's roar of triumph matched the report of his bolt pistol as it tore the wyrd's leg from his body, leaving the psyker to die in a pool of his own blood. "Witness the price of resistance! Witness your destruction!," he bellowed as his companions granted the Raptor an ignominious death and raked the scavengers with bolter fire, felling them like wheat before the scythe.

Even still they seemed determined to fight to the last man. Let them then, he thought with grim satisfaction. He had fury enough to spare for them as well as everyone foolish enough to stand in the way of his rightful vengeance. It wasn't the deaths of their champions or their sorcerer that compelled their surrender, it was the sudden arrival of three more newcomers. A mutant, a human leading a band of ragged-looking prisoners of some sort...and a Word Bearer.

Ariston's armored gauntlets tightened around the grips of his weapons as he stared with undisguised hostility at the herald of the very same gods whose treacherous influence was responsible for his current situation. Reflexively his bolt pistol swung towards the other Astartes, auto-senses highlighting him as a target...

...and with a snarl he lowered the weapon. Whoever these latest arrivals were it was clear that their presence had cowed the remaining scavengers, saving them precious ammunition. Instigating another fight now would be foolish and wasteful. Unless these newcomers had a desire to challenge them then he would stay his wrath. For the moment.

Sheathing his weapons he returned to where he had dropped his bolter, inspecting it for damage before holstering it and picking up the shield that the overconfident Astartes had dropped during his mad dash to extinguish the flames engulfing him. Ariston chuckled as he remembered the other warrior's sudden and unceremonious death. It was a pity that the shotgun was lost to the sea, he could have used to to supplement his meager armaments, but the shield would make a suitable war-trophy for now.

Shield in hand he strode over to the uneasily milling throng of scavengers, looming over them until their attention was fully upon him. "Your lives are forfeit, but I am uninterested in slaughter for slaughter's sake. You are scavengers? Then you shall scavenge, only you do so in the service of new masters now. Obey and you will be permitted to live." With his free hand he removed the helmet from his armor, revealing a face that at one point might have been handsome had extensive burns along one side not transmuted his features into a perpetual sneer.

Unsheathing his combat knife he knelt down and used it to carve one of the fallen wyrd's eyes from his head, rising and holding it aloft for all to see. "If you will not serve in life, however, then you can just as easily be made to serve in death." And with that he swallowed the grisly prize whole, claiming the wyrd's memories for his own.

Spending 250xp to purchase Pity the Weak, and I'm also gonna jack that boarding shield (according to frajaq it was +3 AP to the body and arm holding it, Defensive quality).

Gonna roll Intimidate against the scavengers, base TN 70 (possible bonuses include +10 from Pity the Weak) = 23 so between 5 and 6 DoS depending on whether Pity the Weak applies.

Also space marines have this thing called an Omophagea and if you're gonna go 40K you might as well go full 40K. I'm eating that psyker's eye to steal his memories, I wanna know more about what's going on here. I'd have done this to one of the Astartes but whoops, both their heads fell overboard.

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Sep 18, 2014

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lucius the Devourer

At the sight of a larger warband being soundly defeated by a smaller group, a smaller group that still outnumbers his own if he doesn't count the mostly useless converts, Lucius stops for a moment and thinks. Then, after a moments deliberation, he sheathes his weapons and walks out, hands in the air, one eye focused on the Astartes in front of him, the other continually scanning around.

"Nice fighting. Look, I'm new here, just got dumped here after my ship broke up in the Warp. I don't mean any trouble for you. I'm just looking to survive, figure out where I am, and maybe get a meal." The mutant looks over towards Ariston and grins at the cannibalism. "I'll have some of what he's having, if nobody else minds. I'm not too picky."

250xp to boost my perception by 5

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Sep 17, 2014

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Zegasi

There was one less problem to deal with, now, though several others lurked just behind. At least they were of a distinctly less deadly nature.

Still holding the bolter with telekinetic hands, Zegasi flipped on the safety before proffering the gun to its owner. "I see that your weapon has been held in better maintenance than some of my things, and I thank you for its use in such strange times as these. Would you care for replacement shells, as recompense?" He would leave that offer hanging for the moment, noting the nearby corpse of a raptor with mostly intact armor and a salvageable chainsword.

"In addition, I might request your skills in repurposing this specimen of Astartes armor. This unfortunate fellow seems to have no further use for it, after all, so why should pragmatism not rule the day? Besides, I'm certain that this Word Bearer whose name I do not know is also in need of such retrofits. The helmet is sadly lost to the depths, but splitting the arms should be exceedingly little trouble for one of your talents."

"Ah, but where are my manners, referring to another as if he were some speck in the wall?" The sorcerer offered a small bow to the three new arrivals. "I am Zegasi, sorcerer of Tzeentch. I presume, given the manner of your arrival, that you each have a variety of useful talents. But I was wondering if the Word Bearer among you might have a mutual interest in our current...scavengings?" He gestured towards the dead Slaaneshi raptor beside them, armor mostly intact. "It also seems that he has no use for his Astartes-sized chainsword. I could always use one while this force weapon is yet in need of components, but is there any other whose need is equal?"

At this rate "but where are my manners" is going to become a Zegasi catchphrase.

Edit: Thanks for the note, Kai Tave!

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Sep 17, 2014

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Bazroth, Word Bearer

Bazroth steps forward at the mention of his Legion.

"Bazroth. My name is Bazroth. And I would like nothing better than to restore my armor to a better state than this. The chainsword is of no importance to me. Tell me - would you be interested in the corpse of an Imperial voidship? There might be some crew left alive - can't be sure, we left in a hurry."

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Vatra the Whisperer

Water as far as the eye can see in every direction, an ocean world no doubt. This certainly would be different... the apostate surveyed the group below him, a grouping of surrendering scavengers and a rag tag ensemble of followers of the ruinous powers. Had they arrived with the warp storm as abruptly as his smaller group? Nothing to do for now but play nice and increase his survival odds. Vatra turns and motions for the 4 remaining prisoners to group up with his own group of bodyguards. The four of them would be next to useless now that they had lost their numbers so what better solution than to double his own guard.

"I am called Vatra, devoted follower of Slaanesh and bringer of Chaos. The lot of us seemed to have been dumped here by the Dark Gods for a yet unknown purpose as none of you quite look like natives. However it seems that we all may prove advantageous to one another. Strength in numbers and all that, especially on a world as seemingly hostile and resource scarce as this one seems. Concerning the latter I believe the World Bearer to have the right of it in that we may yet need to raid the Imperial ship we just fell from to better outfit ourselves."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The Castaways slowly step back as Ariston approaches the late shaman's body while he speaks to them. He notices some of the unease in their faces disappear when he mentions that the scavenge will continue as long as they serve.

As the Veteran eats both of the wyrd's eyes in a single gulp, he closes his owns as he slowly absorbs the information in them. Lucius follows behind and kneels down to start his own foul meal on the body. The nurglite notices that only a few of the scavengers look away in disgust at the sight, most of them are apparently too jaded to be bothered by it.

For a few seconds Ariston catches a few glimpses of the noteworthy details that the psyker saw recently. You see a figure very much like Opifex working in an impressive workshop, his own power armor grey-colored and of artificer quality, surrounded by deadly combat servitors. You see a massive plague marine wielding a heavy bolter, staring at the endless dark waters of this damnable planet. You see a medium-sized floating city built on the ruins of a space hulk, in that city you see a scavenged landing zone, and a big shuttle soon leaving and heading towards the skies.

You leave the trance to see that one of the Castaways that surrendered step forward toward you. He's big, dark-skinned and heavily scarred. His voice is very rough and hardy. "We'll serve you, such is the way of these waters. The Scavenger Lord's officers proved themselves weak this one time, and it was enough to end in their deaths. You might want to avoid Sky Reach, the Scavenger Lord will probably send to your deaths since you stole this one Rust Wave from him. And there's still the Dead Shark on the other side of this wreck to worry about."

Meanwhile, Zegasi takes a look at the Raptor's power armor to see what can be done to salvage it. The breastplate, the leggings, the gauntlets and the sustainable power source at the back are in perfect condition, full of symbols and runes dedicated to the Dark Prince. Unfortunately the Raptor's own twisted flesh was corrupted enough to almost fuse itself at the parts, he looked to be in the way of becoming one of the possessed marines. While it is possible to retrieve these parts, it won't be as easy as just un-suiting him, specially in the current location without an corrupted armory, medibay or forbidden libraries with the sufficient knowledge.

This suit has 4 parts to salvage: Legs, Body, Arms and Sustainable Power Source. For each part the following is necessary under the current conditions:
A -40 Medicae test to carefully tear off the corrupted organic bits, this test turns into -10 if one passes a -20 Forbidden Lore (Warp) test to recognize how exactly the warp affected the body of the Raptor.
A -40 Tech Use test for the technical know-how to retrieve the pieces intact.

Failure in either roll and the chosen part is destroyed forever

Near the controls of the scavenger ship, the Heretics hear a radio call from a ramshackle-looking vox caster. "This is *bzzzzzt*-d Shark to Rust Wave. Repeat, this is Dead Shark to Rust Wave. Did you deal with the reported stragglers yet? What's happ*bzzzzzt* over there? Dead Shark to Rust Wave."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Ariston the Hekatonkheir

For several long, tense moments Ariston remained still and silent, his Omophagea unraveling the memories hidden away within the wyrd's gene-strands. The process of memory absorption was never as simple as poring through a dataslate...it delivered impressions, instincts, loosely associated images often without context or any deeper understanding. When he finally opened his eyes once again, his voice was thoughtful as he contemplated what he'd seen. "An entire city carved from the ruins of a space hulk. And a spaceport...this benighted world actually has a spaceport."

He turned his attention to the scavenger bold enough to approach him, inclining his head fractionally in acknowledgement. "This 'Scavenger Lord,' I would know more about him when time permits. For now there is work to be done if we are to salvage what we can of the Imperial vessel before it sinks. Begin with these crates here, they contain promethium along with other sundries of little use to us. The Dead Shark...more of the Scavenger Lord's champions escort it as well, I assume?"

• Locked thread