Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Nathilus posted:

Remember legit Nintendo vs Sega wars? Like, some kid would have a genesis so you'd beat the poo poo out of him for having horrible taste. Good times.

Also the 3do was a thing.

with its smug commercials advertising it as a "middle ground" between the shamefully unassertive Nintendo and the flagrantly and needlessly confrontational Sega.

"What time will my daughter be home?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DfoXL5-oNM

(She never left. He had no daughter at all.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Johnny Aztec posted:

You could also try Star Ocean. This as well was never released in the US. It is , in fact, one of the largest sized (in terms of MB) SNES games. They managed to do some amazing things with the SNES hardware by the end of it's life.

Decent translation too available. Seconding on this one.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Robbie Fowler posted:

NES/SNES kid checking in here.

Original TMNT was an absolute bitch.

the dam level was sorta overrated for hardness though. You die/restart like 3 times tops and go "Oh ok, gotta go this way"

Forgot what level I didnt get through, think it was the one after that. Some pit of fire I kept trying to jump over in a burning building or some poo poo, its been a long time.

quote:

play secret of evermore.

This was good too. Not Secret of Mana good, but a fun game.

Das Boo posted:

I managed to get a huge list of level passwords off 1997's AOL for Ecco. I put in the code for the next-to-last level and there were water tunnels in the sky and poo poo and I didn't know what the gently caress.

Ecco loving terrified me as a kid. It was zoomed in so close that poo poo would just suddenly happen. Every level was a jump-scare haven.

And then the final level/boss haha. loving bizarre.

And those octopus dorks with their "you cant move fast past me or I'll whip ya ;)" poo poo was annoying.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 18, 2014

• Locked thread