Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Remember legit Nintendo vs Sega wars? Like, some kid would have a genesis so you'd beat the poo poo out of him for having horrible taste. Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

warroar posted:

surely you jest, good sir

Ah, a 90s kid. Believe what you will. The 80s were a different time.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Carl Seitan posted:

Haha. No. War was different back then, son.

Yeah. As cool as it would be just to say "war. war never changes." in this context its not true.

We're all older and wiser now though. Most of us former Nintendo Crusaders even have the grace and wisdom to mourn the loss of Sega as a console developer, these days. Instead of dancing on the grave while murdering what Sega fanboys are left, which is what we would have done if it was still the 80s. Honestly I'm really glad that decade is over.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

www posted:

my family was poor so all i had was old commodore 64 and didnt get NES until much later, dont care tho C64 was awesome

Doubleposting but I don't give a poo poo, yall are too slow. Yeah C64 owned. It gets double points for being an actual computer, much unlike the current machines we are all using. Being stuck without an NES as a kid back in the day was still about as bad a blow to your social status and human dignity as can be imagined tho.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Durgat posted:

I downloaded the entire SNES library a few months ago and have been playing it on and off. Are there any RPGs you guys would recommend besides Chrono Trigger, Zelda, and Secret of Mana?

Based on your little list there, stop what you are doing right now and play Terranigma. This is actually a giant secret if you're american but since you have roms its no big deal.

the rest of the soul series might do it for you as well. Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia. Terranigma puts those to shame though. Also, apologies for the realpost.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Suicide Sam E. posted:

I'm not known for agreeing with goons. This list is mostly accurate, though 8 is entirely incorrect and Mystic Quest is dogshit. I guess potentially you could enjoy it ironically?

I find it hard to believe but some people claim to like it. Whatever. Babby's first bland rear end RPG.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Johnny Aztec posted:

If you can't enjoy MQ, then you are just bland and dead inside.

yes, it is simple. It was made for first time RPG players. It also has a hard rock/metal soundtrack, and interactive objects on the overworld.
IE: Blow up rocks with your bomb weapon, cut down trees with axe, ect, etc.

No one is claiming " OMG BEST RPG EVAR ONE ONE ONE"

It's a really poo poo game for the time period it came out in. At that point SNES RPGs were already getting some interesting settings, mechanics, and so forth. Final Fantasy IV had come out a year before and ended with you flying a mechanical space whale to the moon gently caress yeah.

Then this POS came along doing almost nothing new and being pretty loving boring, besides. It was about to be the crown of all the glory days of JRPGs, no one had to put up with this me too bullshit.

I'm not saying you're wrong though we all have our own opinions. I just think you're dumb and lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Kelfeftaf posted:

I took all of this into account when I was playing this game as an 8 year old.

you were dumb as dirt for an 8 year old then. i wasn't a genius of a kid myself and I could still figure out that this game was dogshit compared to the other rpgs on offer.

• Locked thread