Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Kenny Wu, the Hackz0rz

So, I'm not supposed to say this, but yeah. I'm not here because I'm some sort of uber-cyborg or something. Sure, I've got a bit of tech built into my arms, but it's all just so I can work my magic. I was breaking into some ultra-tech server site, looking for something to help pay for a trip out of Hong Kong, put aside some stuff for the future. The guys who caught me gave me a choice, a really easy choice: Spend time in a Hong Kong prison or work as some sort of student socializing sort, and if I need to, be there for technical assistance if it's needed. Unless my arms go crazy, I'll be here to shut things down if I need be. I'm still not allowed to do any unauthorized hacking, but they're not tracking me most of the time. As long as I don't do anything they'd find out of line, I'm pretty sure I'll be fine. Plus, it's still education credit, so no one's gotta know I was caught doing anything illegal. They got me over a barrel, though, so I'm not looking to fight with them directly unless this turns into some sort of bad movie.

This is a step up in terms of a place to stay, and I'm thinking the longer I'm here, the more I'm gonna figure out about how all this code works. It's a win-win. Better than some generic, white-wall apartment back home. No parents screaming at me about how I'm slacking off or playing too many games. I think things'll be just fine here.

Work In Progress

Kenny, the Hacker posted:

Look: Guarded, playful eyes
Origin: Dabbler, info's everywhere.

Stats: Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2

Sympathetic Tokens Tech Fragments:
You gain power from Tech Fragments - items of personal significance that you take from others. Each Tech Fragment counts as a String.

Spellcasting Hacking:
Choose two that you know. To use them, either expend a Tech Fragment during a bit of furious type, or meet the target’s gaze and type at them in tongues. Then roll with dark. On a 10 up, the Hack works,
and can easily be reversed. On a 7-9, it works but chooseone:
}} the Hack does you 1 harm;
}} the Hack has unexpected side effects;
}} trigger your Darkest Self.

Bide My Time: If you’ve got a sympathetic token against someone, add 1 to all rolls to hold steady against their actions or to run away from them.

[b] Known Hacks: [b]
Binding Recursive Motor Block: The person cannot physically harm others.
Watching Eye Receptor Feed: You enter full VR, and begin to see the world through the eyes of the hacked. You can feel their reactions to and impressions of what they are seeing.

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread