Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Probably 2-0 McMann but could be 1-1. Hard to say for sure on the first round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Julio Cesar Fatass posted:

She's giving a clinic in losing from the top.

eh, she's winning but it's still disappointing. Like you know you can take the other girl down at will, why not take some risks on top to improve position so you actually start doing some real damage. If you botch it and she gets up then you can just take her down again.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

colonel_korn posted:

eh, she's winning but it's still disappointing. Like you know you can take the other girl down at will, why not take some risks on top to improve position so you actually start doing some real damage. If you botch it and she gets up then you can just take her down again.

She's tentative enough that I wonder if she didn't break a hand or wreck a shoulder in training.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

colonel_korn posted:

Yeah this fight is pretty unfortunate

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
McMann is real bad at everything that isn't takedowns. I'm still kinda glad she's around because her existence forces the rest of the division to take wrestling seriously, but god drat that was a bad fight.

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
What the gently caress did I just watch? She got a takedown and just got punched over and over again? :confused:

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
What a frustrating fight. It's like Sara pressed the takedown button and then walked away from the controller every time she was able to get Lauren down.

Dr. Miracle
Feb 13, 2008

born to shart
"Entertaining fight!" lied Jon Anik.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

haha actually I'm not even so sure now that McMann will get the decision. I think she clearly won the second round but the judges could give Murphy the 1st and 3rd depending on how dismayed they were by the lack of offense from on top.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I hope Murphy wins a 29-28 split decision.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Not a surprising decision. That little burst of punches at the end of the first round won her the fight.

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
I'm glad she won, but goddamn please work with someone other than a wrestling coach Sara.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Streaking Pennsylvanian sounds like a really bad super villain.

Thrawn
Sep 10, 2004

Lol, McMann was stumping for a Rousey rematch earlier this week too. I don't think that fight helped her case much.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Thrawn posted:

Lol, McMann was stumping for a Rousey rematch earlier this week too. I don't think that fight helped her case much.

Yeah, but it's a thin division. There are inevitably going to be some rematches in Ronda's future.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
There will be for sure, or at least as long as Rousey stays in the UFC, but wins like that aren't going to get McMann any closer.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Can anyone explain to me why this fight is so low on the card when they desperately need to be building credible contenders for Mighty Mouse

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Yeah, but it's a thin division. There are inevitably going to be some rematches in Ronda's future.

I agree, but I think Miesha III and Holy Holm I and II will all happen before Sara gets a rematch.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
Eh I can see her getting the nod. But her Hammer House "takedown into mystified bellowing" gameplanning definitely needs work

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't
Hope this fight is cool.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Unless McMann beats every single fighter with a win streak she will never get a rematch with Ronda. It's the most predictable fight ever, she can only do one thing and Ronda is utterly superior to her at it.

Thrawn
Sep 10, 2004

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Well obviously, but she was trying to play the "i just got caught" card. I'm just saying that fight isn't going to convince anyone a rematch in the near future would go any different that her first mauling by Ronda.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Fentry posted:

Can anyone explain to me why this fight is so low on the card when they desperately need to be building credible contenders for Mighty Mouse

I thought about this for a while and there are two reasons. 1) because they like having "draws" on certain portions of cards so they wanted this semi-important fight to be on Fox Sports 2 to boost up those ratings slightly. 2) Demetrious Johnson isn't going to draw above 150k buyrates until he fights someone who weighs more than 155, so a flyweight title eliminator isn't as important as it is for LHW division or whatever

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Fentry posted:

Because the Tavares Brothers strong-armed Dana into both getting on the main card

Also prelim/People's Main Event?

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
McMann's only strength is taking the fight to where Rousey has the greatest advantage.

Edit: Also, I wish these prelims were on fightpass instead of FS2. I have to choose between watching it in standard def or watching it in Spanish.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Juicy-eh Formica

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Alvarez, Soto and Makovsky passing around the Feather will be bizarre.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Well that was cool

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

drat, slick poo poo by Formiga

Bell the Cat
Apr 5, 2004

Dirty pool old man. I like it.
Holy poo poo.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

Bubba Smith posted:

drat, slick poo poo by Formiga

P slick working into guard after all that

oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.
that was cool, drat cool

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Are these guys trying to do pro wrestling spots or something?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Like I expected Formiga to be a challenge but I thought Makovsky would be way more in control of this match.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Formiga's ability to stay on Makovsky's back is otherworldly

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

Street Horrrsing posted:

Formiga's ability to stay on Makovsky's back is otherworldly

He's making Makovsky look a lot worse than he is

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Hi guys, this fights cool,

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

haha I don't know what kind of move Makovsky was trying to do when he first gave up his back but it was definitely a bad idea.

Bell the Cat
Apr 5, 2004

Dirty pool old man. I like it.
Just how is it that Makovsky is a 3-to-1 favorite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

colonel_korn posted:

haha I don't know what kind of move Makovsky was trying to do when he first gave up his back but it was definitely a bad idea.

First time around it was off an arm drag.

• Locked thread