Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

This is really chill. feels like myst combined with the cyberspace sections from dystopia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Yeah, the whole thing seems straight forward honestly, like the platforms being where you can move cubes, or the whole gimmick of the beat thing.

the way the first one worked seems to be that the color block makes the apertures on those spheres slowly open, and each one has a different timing, what he had to do was get them to all be in sync so that the laser would go through.

The pink calibration is a bit more complex to explain, basically he needs to get the thin bars to hit the thicker bars at the bottom to make em light up, and when all of them are lit up at the same time, the bottom bit fills, and he needs to sustain that till it touches the bottom. the trick was that some would have a short duration or would only go down partway.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

So wait, how did you know what bits the put at the bottom on the cathedral? that's the only thing that hasn't made sense yes.

also i noticed that green seemed to have plenty of glowing fluid, and now magenta has a bunch of glowing crystals. Is cyan plants or gas? or have you saved it for last for a reason? (please dont actually tell me, i can wait a day.)

Also the pacing on your videos is pretty much perfect, i like they while they are short they also come out real fast.

Keep up the good work.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

no, not the grid bit, the part underneath them. do they even matter?

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

yeah but I'm trying to figure out what the hell the point of it was. it was the "beatmaps" of the previous temples, but he put one beatmap 3 times in a row, and then the first one at the end, and i have no idea if he was supposed to do the specifically, or he was just winging it.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

So I got this game for myself and I think I know what the payoff of doing all this is. Its really cool, are we gonna see it after cyan, or is there even more to do?

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Actually it looks like green was the intended first sector, when you finish one of the puzzles, the camera automatically turns to that door with the monolith behind it and nothing else, so you know to look for more things like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Samopsa posted:

After cyan I'm doing a small aside and then I'm finishing off the game with the final puzzle.

I really hope this is what I think it is.

also yeah, what was up with that? Considering it looks important I'm willing to bet we will find out later though.

So, cool thing about the beatmap puzzles? they sometimes have more then one solution. It pretty much boils down to whatever works.

Zoig fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 21, 2014

• Locked thread