Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

back to Alan Moore chat, his recent work is poo poo and pretty loving creepy (and chock full of rape) but From Hell owns.

still creepy in parts (lol at random scene of Hilter's parents loving)

from hell is the poo poo, very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Is frank miller dead yet

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

buteruc posted:

When we were 14, she had a penchant for putting on a slinky red dress and picking up old men in hotels.
*boing*

(the sound of my boner)

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Frank Miller can neither draw nor write yet he's somehow rich just like Liefeld. It's wild

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Quantum of Phallus posted:

from hell is the poo poo, very good
From Hell is incredibly good

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

site posted:

From Hell is a pencil and ink nightmare

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

do not post in this thread until frank miller is dead, please. got my hopes up

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

You seriously didn't like the artwork?

Sweet Tea posted:

do not post in this thread until frank miller is dead, please. got my hopes up

After sin city 2, I assume his career is

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Robert Rodriguez used to make ironically bad movies. Now they are just regular old actual bad movies. There's a lesson there about irony.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

When he wrote 6 issues of Daredevil back in the 80s, it was really good. I never paid much attention to him or comics in general besides DD #227-232. But that was also like 30 years ago when the US was more scared of Colombian drug lords than terrorists.

IMO thats a good comic book maker person doing their job. Its art deco.

Did Frank Miller get brain damage and that's why he's weird now?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Pretty offensive that he would illustrate the Michael Brown shooting so soon after the incident. At least it's accurate, I guess.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

N. Senada posted:

Pretty offensive that he would illustrate the Michael Brown shooting so soon after the incident. At least it's accurate, I guess.

At the end of the series he talks about those dead cops families, and how many orphans they left.

Oh wait I thought of another good Frank Miller thing from 100 years ago that I liked. Elektra: Assassin.

Its pretty Frank Miller how he makes the perfect Democratic presidential candidate the literal antichrist.

Though 75% of whats good about it is Bill Sienkiewicz, whose art is too beautiful for comics. Sienkiewicz knew when to abandon realistic anatomy or realistic anything to tell a good story.

I don't think Bill Sienkiewicz has done much in the last 25 years either.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

The Crucible was pretty good but I preferred The Creation of the World and Other Business. RIP.

Solstice
Mar 12, 2002

Non-violent for the entire family!

wtf that isn't even what al qaeda means you crazy old goblin man

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Syd Midnight posted:

When he wrote 6 issues of Daredevil back in the 80s, it was really good. I never paid much attention to him or comics in general besides DD #227-232. But that was also like 30 years ago when the US was more scared of Colombian drug lords than terrorists.

IMO thats a good comic book maker person doing their job. Its art deco.

Did Frank Miller get brain damage and that's why he's weird now?

Yet it's still appallingly fascist in all its technical competence and beauty. The big difference was that in the 80s nobody could tell because a lot of superheroes were basically fascists and the nerds who loved them the most were largely reactionary shits desperate for escape into a delicious power fantasy.

Dirty Harry is probably as big an influence on Miller's Daredevil and Batman as anything, which is pretty sick if you think about what those characters were supposed to be in the 60s/70s.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
i don't get why its bad for a comic to be fascist, but ok for it to be communist. TWo side of the same coin and all that

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Sin City 2 was pretty bad, Joseph Gordon-Levitt was the only highlight

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
I thought eva green was the only highlight. This man's work really makes you think

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Right, Eva Green's body and Joseph Gordon-Levitt's acting were the only good parts

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

sexy young infidel posted:

i don't get why its bad for a comic to be fascist, but ok for it to be communist. TWo side of the same coin and all that

yakov smirnov doesn't count as this kind of comic

also nobody thinks he's ok as far as I know

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

why is that guy barefoot there's a perfectly good pair of sneakers right behind him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales
Remember the spirit and how atrociously terrible it was

• Locked thread