Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i'm kinda down with this booze traveler show where the guy travels around drinking crazy bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm doing amazon prime for 30 days to check it out. I've already seen Boardwalk Empire, what else is good on there?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I'm doing amazon prime for 30 days to check it out. I've already seen Boardwalk Empire, what else is good on there?

Amazon Prime might have The Wire. Go watch that.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Rome, Firefly, The Sopranos, Archer, Drunk History, The X-Files, at least one season of Vikings...

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm waiting for the remastered The Wire before picking it up again from season 2

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

working tonight till 3 am so basically im just sitting at home making sure my work computer's screensaver does not turn on

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

oh poo poo Wire remastered is on HBO Go right now

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Seen or tried all of those

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Still waiting on my MST3K box set to come in

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

oh poo poo Wire remastered is on HBO Go right now

Yea that was me. Watched the first few episodes in SD and I just couldn't loving deal with it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Godholio posted:

Rome, Firefly, The Sopranos,

times a thousand

also dredd's on there and that movie loving owns

i can't find outrageous fortune on any streaming service which is a huge shame because it's the best tv nz ever produced

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR3UDmnTYFs

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Rome is really good and what everyone always wanted with a show/movie about Rome. wish it went on longer

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Christoff posted:

Rome is really good and what everyone always wanted with a show/movie about Rome. wish it went on longer

a soldier drawing dicks everywhere?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Two Finger posted:

a soldier drawing dicks everywhere?

That's in the show. Also tits. And lots of blood.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Does it have guys pissing on John Hannah's face?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

On shift tonight and the next 3 days. I'm kind of hoping that we get a flight and go some place cool like Dallas, and fly in around midnight to watch fireworks go off from the sky.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Still waiting on my MST3K box set to come in

how much did that run you

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

how much did that run you

no idea somebody got it for me for christmas

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Christoff posted:

I heard the production costs were skyrocketing and it wasn't profitable anymore so HBO decided to axe the series. That's why it gets a little weird toward the end with Cleopatra and the time warp thing that happens.

With that said, Rome is probably one of my favorite HBO series. I'd say it's even better than Deadwood and I loving love Westerns.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, I think HBO ended up having to go in with the BBC or something, and even they had to bail, that's how fuckin' expensive it was.

I think Deadwood was better but that shitfest with the producer or director whoever it was and how it just shat all over the ending was just ridiculous.

Deadwood is just beautiful to watch on Bluray.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

i just got back from san francisco and ate so well all week

now that i'm back home i can't stop making GBS threads

I've been flying out to SF at least once a month for work stuff, and I swear to god I've put on 20 lbs this year just from eating out there. So much good food everywhere.

Edit: (actual content related to the page) been watching Big Love with the old lady and so far it's pretty good, disappointed by the lack of boobs though, figured HBO would have figured that out but whatever.

Amazon prime is pretty cool, been watching Eastbound and Down, poo poo owns. Also enjoy watching Workaholics a lot too.

bengy81 fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 1, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah I totally forgot isn't there a scene in a bar where one of the main characters is carving a dick into the table?

Hekk posted:

With that said, Rome is probably one of my favorite HBO series. I'd say it's even better than Deadwood and I loving love Westerns.

yeah the end sucked and was kind of weird, rushed, and all over the place but you knew it was because it got cancelled

The Battle of Phillipi episode was really good especially considering the historical context of that battle

http://youtu.be/exI45AnLBRc

Alnd the opening scene of course

http://youtu.be/yrQpjToEgxk

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
So Deadwood is good?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yup.

Except for the ending.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

holocaust bloopers posted:

Amazon Prime might have The Wire. Go watch that.

It does. The HBO section is worth the money alone.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Cool.

Ex gf plan didn't work out. Going out drinking. o7

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Cool.

Ex gf plan didn't work out. Going out drinking. o7

Take a cab.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Master Bateman posted:

Take a uber because gently caress taxis

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I use Lyft. Lyft owns.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

So Deadwood is good?

deadwood is real loving good and its a crime it never finished properly

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Did anyone watch Carnivale? Was it any good? It always seemed to get good reviews, but I just could not bring myself to try it.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Master Bateman posted:

Suck a dick for a ride. A cab. Uber. The back of a chicken truck. Who cares. Just be safe and not stupid.

gently caress I don't care what you guys do. Hit me up for cab money if it comes down to it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Lyft and uber are both jacking their rates WAY the gently caress up tonight. Plan accordingly.

Edit: good poo poo on this page: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3672365&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=16

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Godholio posted:

Lyft and uber are both jacking their rates WAY the gently caress up tonight. Plan accordingly.

Edit: good poo poo on this page: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3672365&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=16

Uber sent me an email saying to order a ride as soon as the ball drops if you want to avoid the surge charges

EIther that or wait until after 2am

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If one of you gets a DUI the 96 is cancelled and there will be a 5 AM formation tomorrow.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Come to think of it this is the first New Year's I haven't been shithoused in memory.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

If one of you gets a DUI the 96 is cancelled and there will be a 5 AM formation tomorrow.

And to caveat on this, expect to pull weekend duty. I expect all of you to utilize the buddy system.
However comma if your buddy fails you, call myself or the shirt.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
We had a guy call the 1sgt when he was hammered one time. He called his team leader and squad leader and got no answer. The platoon sergeant ripped him a new one for skipping him and wasting the 1sgts time.

A definite shake my head moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Now that I have your attention, for the love of God, if you need a ride, call a cab, call AADD, call the shirt, call your supervisor.

With that, I return you to boobs.

• Locked thread