Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
yea
blood
urine
vomit
View Results

• Locked thread
Banjo
Jun 7, 2006

No one believes in the Champ. Well, I believe in him. Brock may be a big scary beast, but not even a beast can withstand the STF!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Important: can I get a blood and urine and vomit gif but it says "pee pee doo doo bad wrestler" instead

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Jason Funk posted:

This better be a ***** 10/10 unforgettable ppv with swerves, debuts or returns, and epic classic matches. Like many others, this will be the deciding factor on if I renew the network subscription.

Which basically means Cena wins, nothing happens, thousands of people save sixty dollars in the near future

Why would you renew? It's probably going to be blah until TLC in December.

WrestleMania delivered and we still got :effort: until Money In The Bank.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Banjo posted:

No one believes in the Champ. Well, I believe in him. Brock may be a big scary beast, but not even a beast can withstand the STF!!

Everyone believes that John Cena will win, Banjo.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

Important: can I get a blood and urine and vomit gif but it says "pee pee doo doo bad wrestler" instead

Any other three word phrases? I got the psd open.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

birdlaw posted:

Everyone believes that John Cena will win, Banjo.

And Cena wept, for there were no more odds to overcome.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Brock is going to lose the match when my man Batista comes back and interferes

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Valeyard posted:

Brock is going to lose the match when my man Batista comes back and interferes

Finger on throat means let's do thiIIS??

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl_JNTCNH2k

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
John Cena will defeat Brock Lesnar and by the transitive property beaten the Streak.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

NutritiousSnack posted:

John Cena will defeat Brock Lesnar and by the transitive property beaten the Streak.

THE ONE WHO BEAT THE ONE IN ONE AND TWENTYONE

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
This will be a good show due to everyone having zero expectations or expecting the absolute worst. I'll only except Cena beating Brock if he does something completely insane like an avalanche burning hammer.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
if anybody else wants to watch the Cena/Brock build this is the special that aired on the network after Raw

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k3zbWZviE91W7R8D5BT

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
I think the best thing that could happen for creative is if Rollins successfully cashes in tonight. The alternatives of Cena retaining the championship or Brock claiming it are really boring.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I'm wanting Brock to win the belt just to see how they handle it, but I'd be fine with Rollins cashing in. Looking ahead to the future that would mean Cena/Rollins main eventing PvP's and they have great chemistry.

Wait this page is missing something:

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I did not remember last year's Summerslam using the same grindhouse style for the intro that they've been using for this year's commercials.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Grinnblade posted:

Any other three word phrases? I got the psd open.

NINE

NINETY

NINE

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

I've noticed that the Summerslam set's stayed the same for a good few years. It might just be a lack of creativity (because WWE), but I actually like the visual continuity it gives to the event :kiddo:

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

NINE

NINETY

NINE

:regd08:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Call Me Charlie posted:

Why would you renew? It's probably going to be blah until TLC in December.

WrestleMania delivered and we still got :effort: until Money In The Bank.

In theory they want to do hot shots for September and October to drive renewals. Then it's time to coast til the Rumble!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lol

bartok
May 10, 2006

Nothing like watching Dead Poets Society to get me in the mood for some good ol' Summer Slammin'!

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Do you guys really not like Roman Reigns? I feel like Vince, I love that size and look. I honestly really do like Reigns though, I wish they would let him do a bit more. Ever since they came out with the Suberman punch for him it seems like all he gets to do is that and the spear.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Do you guys really not like Roman Reigns? I feel like Vince, I love that size and look. I honestly really do like Reigns though, I wish they would let him do a bit more. Ever since they came out with the Suberman punch for him it seems like all he gets to do is that and the spear.

I don't think he's capable of anything else. Maybe Nash can each him the armdrag.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Gordong Dongbay posted:

He's okay, but he's not a very good promo yet, he's overly reliant on like three spots, and he's getting pushed like superman. I think they're just rushing things with him too much, but I don't think he's terrible.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Gordong Dongbay posted:

I think most people do like Reigns (I do), but fear that guys like Ambrose are gonna get shortchanged and ignored because of how obvious WWE wants Reigns to be "the guy."

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Aug 17, 2014

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

hmm, but how would everyone react if reigns went over bryan clean at the next mania

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

StarkRavingMad posted:

he's overly reliant on like three spots

From everything I've read, other 'big men' have probably got in his ear and told him to keep his moveset limited. Reigns isn't tall, but he's a power guy.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

StarkRavingMad posted:

He's okay, but he's not a very good promo yet, he's overly reliant on like three spots, and he's getting pushed like superman. I think they're just rushing things with him too much, but I don't think he's terrible.

I'm in this camp; I love Roman and think he's got a great future, but he's just not ready yet. He needs to develop his promos a bit more and his moveset desperately needs to grow; I know WWE style is overly reliant on 4-5 signature moves for each guy but if Roman just smoothed out his basics a bit more, ditched the Heads Up kick on the canvas and expanded his repertoire a little I would feel much more comfortable with his current push.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

I don't think he's capable of anything else. Maybe Nash can each him the armdrag.

I hate that I have to keep saying this but Reigns is not a bad wrestler at all. He has a decent grasp of psychology, he can bump well, and he is full of confidence in the ring. He just does his few moves because every wrestler in wwe has 5 moves.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Johanns Molemann posted:

hmm, but how would everyone react if reigns went over bryan clean at the next mania

Completely depends on how the WWE handles Reigns between now and then. Also how Bryan returns.

If it was tomorrow Reigns would be booed.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I like Roman Reigns.

The idea of Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton in a lengthy PvP match already bores me.

The_Rob posted:

I hate that I have to keep saying this but Reigns is not a bad wrestler at all. He has a decent grasp of psychology, he can bump well, and he is full of confidence in the ring. He just does his few moves because every wrestler in wwe has 5 moves.

I agree with you about Reigns being not as green as some people think he is, but really you can't deny he has relied on using just his Superman Punch for the majority of his matches recently.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

People are overreacting to the idea of him getting a potential future title run just like we all predicted would happen months ago (while at the same time saying we'd never turn on Roman look how cool and pretty he is and that spear :swoon: )

Basically we are a bunch of reactionaries who turn on anyone who looks like they might be getting more of a push than [current PSP darling*] and declare they were actually bad all along.

*Ambrose/Cesaro

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Johanns Molemann posted:

Reigns will get Royal Rumble 2014 (or Wrestlemania 2012) heat.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Absolutely hate him!

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Blasmeister posted:

People are overreacting to the idea of him getting a potential future title run just like we all predicted would happen months ago (while at the same time saying we'd never turn on Roman look how cool and pretty he is and that spear :swoon: )

Basically we are a bunch of reactionaries who turn on anyone who looks like they might be getting more of a push than [current PSP darling*] and declare they were actually bad all along.

*Ambrose/Cesaro

ding ding ding your answer is correct

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I also wouldn't be hopeful if Reigns keeps cutting promos like he did on Raw.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

I like Roman Reigns.

The idea of Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton in a lengthy PvP match already bores me.

I agree with you about Reigns being not as green as some people think he is, but really you can't deny he has relied on using just his Superman Punch for the majority of his matches recently.

I think it's because the move is over as hell, and it can be done on anyone at anytime, but yeah he may need to scale it back. I mark for his dropkick on the ring apron though I don't care how convoluted that move is.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Blasmeister posted:

*Ambrose/Cesaro

There's definitely some truth to this, but for me at least I'm more concerned about Reigns 2 years down the road if he keeps getting the rocket push. If he was more ready I wouldn't care, he's fresh, he's new and could have interesting matches with plenty of people. Right now I'm afraid he'll get very stale very quickly if he doesn't keep growing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Blasmeister posted:

*Ambrose/Cesaro
I like Roman Reigns a lot but they're really not protecting him like they used to while making some really dumb decisions with other people on the card. It's kind of a perfect storm to accidentally resent Reigns instead of staying naturally behind him.

• Locked thread