Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

SPACE HOMOS posted:

QL reduced RG damage to 80 so no.

ql sounds hecka gay all around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Oh poo poo I forgot the biggest shotgun-related reason why Doom 3 sucks rear end--no super shotgun. What were id thinking? That's like Need for Speed without cars.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

If you don't use the locomotive in Payday 2 I'm not sure what to say

Shotguns rule

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Metroshotgunreloading.gif

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
The shotgun in Vanquish early game

The Jackhammer in Max Payne

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
In the early days of battlefield: bad company 2 you could snipe with the NS2000 and slug ammo and it was glorious

I also had a lot of fun with detpacks, saiga, and motion sensor mines on a recon or whatever

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Poniard posted:

the pump shotgun from divine cybbermancy that had a huge mag and sounded sweet

gently caress yeah

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

My own love of shotguns began on Perfect Dark on the N64 where the secondary fire mode for the shotgun was a double-tap and you could kill two bad guys BLAP BLAP

Note: The gun selection in all first-person shooter games sucks compared to Perfect Dark on the N64 it was the shitttt

Anyway, now I am playing noted badgame MECHWARRIOR ONLINE and have built a robot with two shotgun-type tank cannons

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

The fact that shotguns in CSGO have a habit of doing like half damage on a headshot will never not be disappointing to me

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Shotguns are the best. I have a special place in my heart for Killing Floor shotguns which can take out lines of zombies in one shot.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

im playing E.Y.E. divine cybermancy and I've used nothing but the shotgun thus far.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Widestancer posted:

If you don't use the locomotive in Payday 2 I'm not sure what to say

Shotguns rule

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Dec 26, 2012

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SeXReX posted:

having to finish them off means you missed their head with the RG

ONE SHOT

ONE KILL

OHH RAHH!!

Why would you try to shoot someone in the head with a rail gun.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Metro 2033's shotguns are pretty weak, excepting the Abkhats or whatever it's called, the belt-fed one that's DLC

Metro: Last Light adds a really useful Saiga-12 and also fixes the revolver-ish one by letting you reload it all the way; Abkhats still owns too

The lever-action shotgun in Fallout: New Vegas isn't hugely effective but it is damned sexy to fire and reload and for some reason guys you kill with it fly across the room, while the riot shotgun is probably the most versatile single weapon in the game thanks to the variety of 12-gauge shell recipes

FEAR's shotgun is just ridiculous, but automatic weapons really shine in that game so I don't use it that much

Black Mesa's shotgun was kind of a disappointment TBH, though it's more effective than HL1's

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Zombie Squared posted:

friends call me the shotgun shogun due to my refusal to use any other weapon and also my love of japanese culture.

also I actually have no friends.

Good news. The shotgun can be a very prominent weapon in Quake 3/Quake Live's CTF map, Japanese Castles... It's a mix of the best of both world's!

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

Modding the over/under shotgun in STALKER CS or COP for high accuracy and using slugs made for a pretty drat effective early game sniping weapon. Screw the haters who say it's bad, it's awesome.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The shotgun in Battlefield Bad Company 2 could be made into an epic sniper rifle. To bad Battlefield is a series for clownassed fuckfaces.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

The shotgun in COD MW2 was pretty satisfying because they made it an actually decently ranged weapon rather than a blunderbuss. On the flip side, the double barrel shotgun in COD WAW was awesome because it was a cone of death for everything 10 feet in front of you.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Akimbo Automatic Shottie's in Black Ops is some drat win.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

It's good to see so many good opinions in one place.

Dec 26, 2012

Lord of Bore posted:

Modding the over/under shotgun in STALKER CS or COP for high accuracy and using slugs made for a pretty drat effective early game sniping weapon. Screw the haters who say it's bad, it's awesome.

keep two

one for that reason

the second for taking advantage of that incredibly tight spread

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Unappreciated shotguns in this thread:
Resident evil, Barry burton breaking down the door, Jill sandwich etc
Fallout sawed off, both barrels at close range when you couldn't burst the SMG for fear of killing dogmeat by accident
Deus Ex, the combat shotgun with sabot for slaughtering robots (yes I know you took the gep gun) or buck for greasels
Soldier of Fortune, pretty sure this was the first game where you could literally blow people apart
Contra, the spread gun was technically a shotgun right

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

team fortress classic was really the first online fps i got into and the engineer had the super shotgun, which was great. good enough to let me take part in offensive pushes and give what for. that plus the emp grenades and nail gun for keeping snipers spooked made maps like well really fun as you could distract snipers while running across the open area and then mix it up in tight corners.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Benny D posted:

Deus Ex, the combat shotgun with sabot for slaughtering robots (yes I know you took the gep gun) or buck for greasels

Good opinion here. I tended to dump every recoil mod I found into it

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I used the pump shotgun in deus ex for some weird reason it just felt right

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
the pump shotgun in cs gets people so mad

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Widestancer posted:

learning that there was a pump shotgun on liberty island was like :wth:

(you have to go swimming.)

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
The hunting shotgun in killing floor is amazing because you can fire it into a crowd, kill like 20 things and just watch limbs fly everywhere and then your british guy says something insightful like, "Givin' em both barrels guv'nuh". Also if you crouch and shoot up into a scrakes head sometimes they'll do a full summersault in midair. TLDR killing floor pretty much owns

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Weapon #3 is the keyboard key for me

Dec 26, 2012

Widestancer posted:

it does more damage iirc and sabots are fantastic in deus ex because they break things

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Dual wielding auto shotguns in the new Wolfenstein game is pretty much the best thing in games.

Dec 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cXitbENwro this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Now, make that auto, with an super-extended mag, quad barrels, a bandolier for extra ammo carrying capacity and incendiary ammo, and I am ALL over that. (Just replayed Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon.)

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Aug 19, 2014

• Locked thread