Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Tenou Kaede

Kaede sips at his tea, the warmth and aroma of it a kindness after his time on the road. It is not the best tea, but certainly not bad, and better than no tea at all. He sweeps a few stray strands of hair behind his ear as he considers the village, both from what he has seen outside and by those he observes in the tea house. It seems a small enough settlement that the chances of finding a rare scroll or other intellectual artifact are rare, but large enough that finding work should be no problem. He has enough money to last, but always wishes to avail himself to those who might have need of his services. One thing he has discovered in his travels, there is never a shortage of troubles in a place where mankind conglomera- his thought is cut short by a ruckus at a nearby table.

He sighs. It is not his job to handle such matters. Yet he never seems to be able to avoid meddling. He stands, smoothing his travelling clothes as he does so, and moves to get a better look at the situation at hand. He has a rough idea by context, but it wouldn't do to barge up to, say, an ornery samurai, without at least some kind of plan.

Should we take care of the starting Fate roll? And do we want to use orokos for rolling, GM rolling, or the honor system?

Starting Fate roll: 5d6u3 1 Ouch.

LizardBeam fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Aug 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Tenou Kaede

Kaede pauses for a moment, stunned by the beauty before him. He feels a stirring in his chest, feels as if the earth itself has moved. He collects himself - now is not the time to stare, lest the poor lady be further harassed by these ruffians. He approaches, openly now. He pushes down the anger rising in his chest - most of it is irrational, he's certain, but there is a core of righteousness to it.

"Excuse me, friends. I cannot but help notice some agitation," he begins, his voice clear but not over loud. "A tea house is a place of relaxation, quiet conversation. Perhaps you should return to your table, have another cup of tea, or seek to occupy yourselves elsewhere?" He does not wish to be rude or provoke the men, but he realizes this is mostly a function of their obstinance. There is also, though, that undercurrent of reproachful anger, and he continues without thinking, "Preferably in a way that does not have you haranguing people who obviously do not wish for your attentions."

Taking those chits.

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Tenou Kaede

Kaede lets out a breath, something between a sigh and an exhalation from the force of the shove. He straightens himself up, maintaining what dignity he can in this situation. "It involves me so far as we are both a part of this society, and it is all of our duty to tend to its physical, mental, and spiritual health as well as we are able. As such, when I see someone not only upsetting those around them by forcing themselves upon others, disrupting the local flow of sha with negative thought and action, but then being indignant when called to task on it, I feel the need to help in any way that I can." He smiles, "You see, it is not just the young lady I am worried for, but you. If you insist on a path of violence and disregard for those around you, very well. Merely keep in mind that by lashing out, you hurt yourself most of all."

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Tenou Kaede

Kaede comes to, a blurry vision of beauty in front of him. It takes a moment to register the man, his words and hand extended in good will. He takes it, struggling to recall where he knows the man from. "I suppose it may have been foolish, but I achieved my goal and they did not." He looks to the woman, pausing to thank her before continuing, "They were not nobles or samurai, and we are in a public place. They would not kill me, and any altercation would quickly be broken up before any major injury could be inflicted." He touches his nose, winces. "As such, they traded their objective of bothering the young lady here, to mildly inconveniencing a stranger." He grins, trying to disguise that his nose really hurts, "Whereas they have left, the young lady is well, and this place is peaceful yet again. Thus, victory." He does not feel the need to mention the bonus of being able to meet the object of their attention.

He bows to the both of them, "It is good to see you again, --"

I figure Kaede has a good head for names, so he'll say it there. Taking the chits for Acquaintance

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Tenou Kaede

"Yes, sir. Tenou Kaede. I am glad to see you well." He bows again, then turns to the young lady, "And I am glad to meet you, miss...?" There is a hint of a smile on his face as he asks, the very act of looking at her filling him with some small joy.

Sorry, this weeks was crazy busy.

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Kaede

Keade's smile fades. "Ah, I guess you have not heard. I am afraid he has passed, along with his liege."

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Kaede

Kaede bows low, "I am Tenou Kaede, onmyoji and scholar, at your service." He casts a glance to the other present. There is something familiar about the man, but he cannot place him. It is an unsettling feeling - Kaede is normally quite good with faces. "Captain Sadamune has been kind enough to extend an invitation of employment to me, and I could not pass up the chance to see your Steel Arrow. It is quite the wonder, Lord Kuga."

Figured I'd roll Etiquette to make a good first impression: Station+Etiquette Roll: 6d6u3 3

LizardBeam fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Sep 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Kaede

Kaede bows to the young lady, "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Lady Konoe. I am Tenou Kaede." He does not focus overmuch on her obvious prosthetics and enhancements. It is sad, he thinks, that one so young has seen the sort of tragedy and violence that would require them, but it seems that is her station, and judging by her bearing, she has embraced it. "If you ever have need of an engineer, scholar, doctor or merely polite conversation, please find me. I am at your service." He smiles, warmly and genuinely. Despite her appearance, he is certain Konoe Mitsuko is a good person.

Take that chit, then spend a kiai to move it to Goodwill.

• Locked thread