Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
For some ambience!

Please put your sheet in your first post, for easy reference

NPCs:

Strings:

Seating Chart:

It’s the first day of a new year! Well, the first proper day - of course there was a week of orientation for the benefit of the many newcomers to Mad Prep, introducing the teachers and classes and school-sponsored entertainment, but this will be the first actual day of classes, a chance for the bright young boys and girls of the school to make a firm first step towards the future!

Predictably, as the school prepares for such an optimistic day, it begins to rain, and rain, and rain some more, a steady torrent pouring from a grey canopy of clouds, filling the air with the clammy scent of damp, and over the course of the early morning, turning concrete pavements into slick slabs, and grassy knolls into muddy quagmires.

The schedule for today is rather plain, introductory lessons to the syllabi of various subjects, finishing with an address by the Principal in the main hall, but most importantly, as stressed in the happy little brochures you all received, the real lesson of your first day here will be taught by your fellow young adults, as you all teach each other how to be happy, productive students!

Homeroom is set to start at 9 AM, but whether you arrive early is entirely up to you. It might be a good time to collect your thoughts, get to know your classmates, escape the downpour outside, or just snag the seat you want before anyone else gets to it. The teacher in charge of your homeroom, Ms. Carmicheal, hasn’t arrived yet, at least, so there’s nobody supervising the new class!

Tyler: Melissa's picked up a new target, one of the rich out-of-towners, a girl named Josie. What's happened to make Melissa so fixated on this girl?

Also, Casey's in your class, and up to his usual tricks. What's he done, that looks like magic?

Jenny: Two of the new students, Toby and Lana, have hooked up in the past week, and are as sweet a couple as you remember you and Joe being, back in the day. How does it make you feel to see them?

Also, you heard quite a juicy secret - people have a tendency to spill secrets, forgetting you're around. What did you hear?

Lily: One new student, Wendy, has been to the principal's office almost every day. Why is she in trouble so much?

Also, you've made a promise with a teacher, or maybe the school counsellor. What was it?

Shelly: A new student, Danny, seems... familiar. You could swear you've seen him before. Seventy years before. How do you react to a walking temporal anomaly?

Also, there was bad news from the CRA. What was it?

Lem: One new student, Ted, reeks of sin. What's it like to be around him? What do you think he's done?

Also, Tanner's pissed off as hell at you, what the hell did you do to him to get him so riled up?

Sarah: Tell me about the cool new student Hester, and how she became your friend.

Also, tell me how she died a few nights ago, terrified and alone.

Hiroko: One of the new students, Paula, has had a recent death in the family, and has been inconsolable. How does that make you feel about your family?

Also, during orientation, you received a letter from Madine, who hasn't spoken to you since... that day. What did it say?

Sam: One of the new students, a big linebacker called Jeff, is just asking to be put in his place. What's he done to piss everyone off?

Also, you've already been in a fight. Who with, and how bad did they get hurt? What did the teachers do in response?

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."

quote:

Lily Green-Zuckerman, The Fae
Mysterious, Laughing Eyes
Fae born

Hot: 2
Cold: -1
Volatile: -1
Dark: 1

Exp: 0/5|No Advances
Harm: 0/4
Conditions:
Promises:

Moves:

Faery Contract
If someone breaks a promise or contract made to you, take a String on them. When spending a String to even out the score and get justice on a broken promise, add these options:
- they gently caress up something simple at a crucial moment;
- add 2 to your roll on an act of vengeance;
- they suffer 1 harm, whether the cause is obvious or not.

Lure
Whenever someone makes a promise to you, they mark experience. Whenever someone breaks a promise to you and you seek vengeance, mark experience.

Lily Green-Zuckermann
Exp: 0/5; Harm: 0/5; Conditions: --; Promises: Ms. Carmichael;

Our rear end in a top hat principal seems to be struggling with the fact that, under Vermont law and also basic human decency, he can't actually order Wendy to come to school wearing pants. Or so I gather from the time I overheard them the day I came here -- I was waiting outside his office so he could grouse at me for my look next. Too bad, fucker, I read that student handbook you mailed me. I know exactly what is and isn't on that dress code, and I'm not technically violating it (well, okay, I literally am at the moment, but not with my hair or my piercings!). Anyway, right: Wendy still has an "M" on her driver's licence and Principal Pally keeps calling her down to his office to awkwardly dance around that fact and try to imply that she should be dressing like a boy or whatever because he's a massive insecure transphobe and it would make him more comfortable I guess. I really hope he gives me an excuse to do something terrible to him later, because he's doing his best to earn it so far. I feel pretty bad about overhearing, honestly. I don't think Wendy is exactly advertising her legal sex to the world at this point, so I've kept quiet about it. Hopefully Pally fucks off and leaves her alone soon. Like I said, he can't legally do anything about it without getting himself into poo poo, so it's all pointless anyway.

I actually am here early today. I somehow ended up having this weirdly candid conversation with Carmichael yesterday. She got the (entirely correct!) impression that I'm not super thrilled to be going to Madison, and managed to worm a commitment to at least show up to all my classes for the first month out of me. In return, I got a commitment from her not to 'jerk me around.' She laughed it off, but still said yes. I'm aware of how vague and subjective her end of the bargain is, but if she doesn't like that she shouldn't go around making promises that lightly. So yeah. Here I am, in class earlier than I need to be because of this stupid promise!

Today I'm wearing pants, which my white dress shirt is conspicuously not tucked into. The shirt isn't buttoned up right to the neck because my god I need to be able to breath a little, okay? My tie likewise dangles loose and sloppy from around my neck. I used an online video, and didn't really bother to correct my mistakes after the first attempt at making the knot. I'm just wearing bright red Chuck Taylors on my feet, instead of the suggested black or brown shoes. If I've got to wear this uniform, I'm at least not going to wear it the way they want me to.

"Goddammit!" I moan, putting my head down on my desk with a hollow thump. "I would murder someone for a half-decent coffee right now."

Gazetteer fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 19, 2014

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Jenny Baker

Jenny's in class from the start, before the start even, though some of the other early birds might have had trouble noticing her. She's soaked, which makes sense, except it only recently started raining. Strange.
She's gazing out the window, melancholic, Toby and Lana on her mind. She remembers this summer, prom with Jason, graduation, parties, and then him laughing in her face. It's funny, sometimes, how convoluted fate has to be, tying itself into knots to get her to just the right location, even when she spends so much effort avoiding rivers, or docks, or pools, or even sinks. But, last summer, it hadn't needed to do anything at all.
Her frown turns to a soft smile, and she turns her head to look at the pair, making doe eyes at each other over the aisle. She has years, still, and they're sweet.

And then, her smile turns a bit mischievous. Yesterday, seeing Carmichael and Pererson, chatting together. She's gone close, expecting some kind of teacher gossip, but had heard a whispered back and forth about... dinner plans!
Jenny relaxes, her head spinning with a range of lurid ideas, and she focuses on the door, waiting for Carmichael to come in, poised for radical over interpretation. She'd lost their trail last night, and if they'd had dinner then it hadn't been at Carmichael's apartment, but that still left a range of possibilities, and it could've still been for tonight.

Or just a professional dinner or something but eh.
She glances over at Lily, laughs softly, then relaxes. Oh, she is feeling rather sleepy. Must be the rain.

pre:
Jenny the Ghost
Peaceful look, calm eyes, a watery death

Hot -1, Cold +1, Volatile -1, Dark +2

The Drowning: Whenever you get flashbacks to your confused and painful death,
  roll +dark. On a 10+, give two people the gasping condition. On a 7-9,
  give up to two people the gasping condition, but for each choose one: 
 - You gain the frantic condition
 - You can't speak during this scene
 - You suffer one harm
 - You fall into the earth or floor and begin drowning

Swimmer: You can swim through earth, stone, concrete, glass, and the like.
  You still need to breathe. 

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

School is supposed to be easy. It's supposed to be a nice, pleasant atmosphere for me to grow. But right now, I'm on edge. I'm on edge because things are already heating up. Just my luck, Melissa is sitting right behind me, but thankfully, she hasn't interacted with me other than the occasional snarl. What she is doing, on the other hand, is bugging one of the new girls, Josie. Why is she teasing her, you ask? At face value, you might think it's because she came in on the first day wearing leopardprint tights; the "Josie and the Pussycats" jokes write themselves. But that's not why Melissa is so fixated on bringing her down. It's because she's so happy. Aggressively, almost disturbingly so. Josie goes to every class with a big ol' smile on her face, like Pollyanna or a Stepford wife. Even her name, "Josie" rather than "Josephina," makes you want to smile. Disturbing or no, she's a kind soul; I wouldn't wish bullying like this on her. I want to do something... but what? Josie sits in front of the bright-haired girl, Lily I think her name was. She seems more like the type to try and step in and do something in a case like this. Though, now that I think about it, Melissa's stuff is right here behind me... maybe there's a keychain or something I can pull while she's busy. Is there anything personal I can see among her stuff without getting into it?

Casey. I turn around and watch him closely. He's chatting amiably with Tanner, the pasty kid sitting next to him. Tanner doesn't suspect a thing, but I do. Looking at him is almost blinding. I hate him. I must remember to do some research later. Not here, though. Not where he can see me. Note to self: consult the abyss re:Casey later. Ask Tanner about him as well, or perhaps Madine (whose name Tyler doesn't know).

I'm sitting next to Hiroko. I've heard a little bit about her family, though nothing substantial. She kinda creeps me out. She's so... formal, I guess. Not terribly friendly. But if I'm going to be making myself new, befriending my neighbors should be helpful. With Melissa out and Brian schmoozing the girl in front of him, she'll have to do. Not right now, though. It looks like she's focused on the letter she's reading. I don't want to bug Hiroko yet until she posts.

Tyler, the Witch posted:

Hot 0 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
Sympathetic Tokens
Hex-Casting: Binding/Truthspeak
Wellspring
Sex Move: Gain a Sympathetic Token. It's cool.
Darkest Self: "Hex anyone who slights you"
-Escape: "Offer peace to the one you've hurt the most"
XP: 0 HARM: 0
Conditions:--

ActingPower fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 19, 2014

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Shelly Partridge
Hot 2, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5 | Conditions: None

First off, before we get to anything else, nothing at all is going to be able to ruin this day. Rain! Rain is the best weather! We don't get rain back home, since everything is indoors. I'm not even sure if it actually can rain anymore, we might have trapped all of the water inside. So, I come into class a a little before the bell, dripping wet, but grinning like a loon. What a perfect start to the day. Or perfect recovery to the day anyway I guess. Because the CRA was pretty sure resetting the distortion limiter valve would solve the problem, but now they think I need a new temporal capacitor!

These tech-support jerks don't deserve half of what they're getting paid for this.

As is sit down behind Hiroko, I catch sight of Danny coming in the door, and grimace slightly. I've been meaning to report him to the Agency to see if they can tell if he's an actual anomaly or just like... a grandson. The thing is, he looks nearly identical to a boy I might back during the London Blitz, though I never got his name. A bomb had hit a building, and trapped a family under the rubble, and I was there to rescue one of kids, did something later on. Anyway, the Danny lookalike was there as well, helping to pull people out of the rubble. Actually, the kid I was saving was trapped under a really heavy beam, and I wouldn't have been able to get him out if Danny-mark-1 hadn't been there.

You know, I should probably just stop putting it off and deal with it. I reach up to pull my wet sunglasses down over my eyes, and turn to face Danny. The shades block the brief glow coming from my retinas as they grab a photo of him. I give him a brief smile, and reach into my bag, pretending that was why I turned around.

Meanwhile, inside my head, I reactive my internal aethernet connection, and dial (not literally) up the future. Requesting information on, DANNY POOLE, MALE, MADISON VERMONT, CIRCA 2014. Photo Attached. I send the message off into the space-time vortex, and await the answer, which should be able instantly, assuming the connection is holding.

Gaze into the Abyss
[17:07] <godfish> lets start this off with a bang, or, rather, a whimper :v
[17:08] <godfish> !r 2d6-1
[17:08] <Krysmbot> godfish, 2-1 = 1

Shelly Partridge posted:

Skin: The SerpentineTime Traveler

Look: beguiling, hypnotic eyes
Origin: from the future

True Form: glowing cybernetic eyes, synthetic skin

0 0 0 0 0

Strings
Lily: 1
Hiroko: 2
Sam: 1

Moves

Failing Dynasty aka Winding Road to the Future
In the far future, your organization is powerful and prolific. However, they live in the constant threat of a change in the time stream destroying their future. They want to preserve political clout and current dominance.

Whenever you are convinced to do the bidding of a superior member of the organization, carry 1 forward to doing it and that member gains a String on you. Whenever you help your organization preserve their future, mark experience.

Mesmerizing
When you stare at someone without blinking, roll with Hot. On a 10 up, they freeze up until you blink or someone touches them, and they gain the Condition dazed. On a 7-9, they gain the Condition dazed.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, they become a part of the Winding Road to the Future (Failing Dynasty) (and subject to the move’s mechanics).

Darkest Self
You aren’t ever going to be able to reconcile the present and future worlds. You can’t live with the lies and insanity any longer. You need to reject one side or the other to escape this madness. Run the gently caress away, hide, return to the bosom of your organization or abandon them entirely for the present world. You’ll threaten, hobble or destroy anyone who tries to keep you enmeshed in contradictory obligations. You escape your Darkest Self when you submit yourself to the old obligations once more, or you shed your past life and integrate yourself into a new family or organization.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5 | Conditions: None

Hester walked down the street away from Wendy's house. They had gotten close that week, and had always been really friends despite her parents worry and being unease about her friends rather (at least to them) sudden transformation. Hester had always really known in someway and had never been surprised and been anything but supportive. That day was a special day for Hester at least, she had just helped Wendy make herself up for school the next day, and all in all Hester felt good.

Passing the downtown thrift store, she stopped and noticed the slender figure in her track outfit and a small bag with all her school clothes. Sarah stood in stunned silence for just a moment and stared at Hester, "I just picking up something for the shelter." She obviously lied as the bag had a old fashioned school uniform from maybe the 1970's. There were no words instead Hester fell in line with Sarah and they walked in silence.

"So you won't tell anyone, after my dad died, we have been kinda too poor to get new ones and then-" Sarah tried to explain as they started to move along the wooded back lots unfilled and Hester just gave a silent shake of her head. In that moment despite Sarah's innate awkwardness she seemed to get it. It was that wordless silent moment, the lack of words that allowed the friendship to blossom though, she would never been as close as Wendy was to Hester.

All these thoughts flashed through Sarah's mind as she watched the Hester-thing start to try to walk toward her. It didn't have any idea how to walk, it's eyes of the formerly living Hester poured with a thick black oil. The blacked eyed, Sarah called them later, and this was the first. She couldn't think of the stolen corpse as Hester anymore, it was a thing, it had to be. Sarah couldn't conceive of it any other way, the thing had snapped her neck instantly upon it's violent entry into the corpse.

Sarah had run up to the oil dog as it had gotten to Hester, and the screaming had already stopped moments before. She hadn't been fast enough to save her friend at all. Hester had been there alone and terrified and no one had helped. No one had even listened to the screams and come running into the dark abandoned warehouse. How had she gotten there? Had it chased her? No one would ever know for all the dripping oil from the oil dogs would reform into it.

"Al-l wi-ll b-e whole" The thing that infested Hester's corpse said as it stumbled closer, the legs starting to move and starting to work more proficiently. Sarah started moving back, her staff in her hand and glowing a odd blue color. The things arm broke as it was turned to grab at Sarah and fear crossed her eyes as the bone started sticking out at odd angles from the flesh. Sarah moved forward and did a sweep of the things legs causing breaks and giving a sharp sickening sound as the former Hester's bones broke from the sharp strike.

Laying on her back, Hester moved unnaturally backwards as its head moved, around snapping collarbones and spinal columns as the creature turned around keeping the torso the same. It was clear it only needed the flesh for a suit, not for movement. Hester's mouth moved again and this time poured a thick black heart blood mixed with the even darker oil. Sarah thrusting her sacred staff into the the corpse and the blackness SCREAMED.

Hester exploded under Sarah into pieces of flesh and broken bone.

In the classroom, Sarah thumbed the stain on her over sized skirt and thought of Hester, "It never really comes out does it?" She mumbled to herself, not thinking of the skirt at all. Her eyes fixed rather directly on her hands in a daze. The events of several days prior still having their effect over the young woman.

quote:

Character Sheet

Name: Sarah Weissmann - Chosen

Look: Strong with radiant eyes

Origin: Doing what’s necessary

Stats
Hot: 1
Cold: -1
Volatile: 2
Dark: -1

Moves
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mercy - When you decide to spare someone you have reason to kill, take a String on them.

Come Prepared - You have an outlandishly large armory, complete with ancient artifacts. Just in case the need arises.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sex Move - When you have sex, heal all of your wounds, and cure all of your Conditions. If they disgust you, give them a String. If you disgust yourself, give them a String.

Darkest Self - None of your friends can help. They’re not strong like you are. You need to chase down the biggest threat imaginable, immediately and alone. Any challenges or dangers that you encounter must be faced head on, even if they might kill you. You escape your Darkest Self when someone comes to your rescue or you wake up in the hospital, whichever comes first.

Your Backstory - You have two friends who you can rely on for monster-slaying support. Take a String on each.

There’s someone who knows that you’re the Chosen one, and wants you dead. The MC gives them a name and two Strings on you.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 20, 2014

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Shelly
Danny might not have seen the glow of your eyes through your sunglasses - smiling back good-naturedly, but someone did - the sunglasses only cover the front, not the peripherals. As you wait for an answer to return, you can notice you’re getting a very weird look from a certain new student sitting behind you - Lana Reyes, you think her name is. She looks like she barely managed to hold in an exclamation, and her expression still might give the game away if anyone - like her boyfriend sat in the row next to her - notices!

To make matters worse, the almost-instant reply from the future barely qualifies as one. A string of corrupted, or encrypted, data; meaningless letters and words… and a pair of mangled audio clips. “Stop her, before… kills you,” says a voice… slightly familiar, but difficult to place. “…At the… bottom… you’ll find it.”

Tyler
Laid out on Melissa's desk, there is, amongst other things, a keyring, with a very recognizable blue plastic bauble emblazoned with a smiley face. You remember getting these things when you 'graduated' elementary school. How long has she kept this around?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Samantha McHale

Harm 0/4 / Exp 0/5

Sam's fingers beat rapidly against her desk. She was wet, the tie around her neck itched like crazy, and after the incident in the lobby, people hadn't stopped loving staring. Though considering how the morning was turning out, the rest of the day would have to try pretty hard to be much worse. And hell, it wasn't even much of an incident, just some posturing from a dumbass. It was pretty hilarious thinking back on it however. After running to the building with her first class, she'd decided to shake off the water that was drenching her clothes and hair. What resulted was her spraying the unfortunate kids that had gotten inside at the same time. While most had just grumbled, one of them, a new kid called Cody Reynolds, decided to take issue with her action.

"What the hell, man!?" He had said as he laid his hand on her shoulder. Samantha had spun around to face him when he did so, causing Cody to stumble back. The next part was already being twisted into something much worse by way of rumor, but that didn't change how funny it had been. It hadn't actually been a fight. Cody's feet had slipped on the wet floor.

He'd ended up on his back, wind knocked out of him, with Samantha standing over him laughing like a madman. It was just so sudden and perfect, so how could she not laugh? The teacher standing nearby wasn't nearly as amused and escorted her off to the side to give her a stern lecturing on how getting in fights was bad or something. She'd been more concerned with trying to hold in the giggles that threatened to escape.

The teacher had to let her go after learning from the other nearby students that Sam hadn't actually hit Cody, and that Cody wasn't dying, just stunned. rear end in a top hat still gave her a warning. After that, she'd planned to walk around the building once more to orient herself and dry off, but once the stares and whispers caught up, she'd quickly ducked into her classroom. Most of her classmates were already there and talking. Only a week and the rumor mill had already started cranking. Now that she was settled and extremely bored, listening to the cranking was basically all she could do until the class actually started.

The mill did churn out something interesting after a few minutes. Apparently one of the out-of-towners, some rear end in a top hat named Jeff, was surprised that a backwater town full of hicks had managed to even build a school like this. He was probably even more surprised when this raised a few hackles from some of the other kids in town. Sam perked up and smiled to herself at this. The day really was improving. After all she had already found her first after school date and her first class hadn't even begun.

pre:
Werewolf
Look: Feisty, Predatory Eyes
Origin: Born a Wolf

Moves

Primal Dominance
When you harm someone, take a String on them.

Bare Your Fangs
While you are your Darkest Self, you may use Volatile instead of Cold to shut someone down or hold steady

Sex Move

When you have sex with someone, you establish a spirit connection with them. Until either of you 
breaks that spirit connection, by having sex with someone else, add 1 to all rolls made to defend them. 
You can tell when that connection has been broken.

Darkest Self

You transform into a terrifying wolf-creature. You crave power and dominance, and those are earned 
through bloodshed. If anyone attempts to stand in your way, they must be brought down and made to bleed. 
You escape your Darkest Self when you wound someone you really care about or the sun rises, whichever happens first.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

This September rain
Washes over the soft earth
Leaves behind the mud

Hiroko Nakahara
Hot -1, Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5

I pause, read those three lines over and over for a while, and sigh. I could write much better than this. I take the plastic end of my Frixion pen and rub out the poem in frustration. Not in the right mood for this, I suppose. After all, to write a haiku means to act on impulse. To take an experience, a fleeting moment of nature, and capture it in words. And I have too many things on my mind to focus on that instinct.

Well, let's start with Paula. Last week, in the middle of orientation, she got word from back in her hometown that her grandfather died. I've seen her wander into this haze of shock and depression ever since, and push herself away from everyone. Today, she sits in the second row, pretty much on an island of her own, too busy with Facebook on her phone to talk to anyone. If I have to guess, she's probably asking her family when the funeral will take place. I've never seen anyone so torn up like that. She must have looked up to him a lot.

I wonder if my own family will grieve for me like that if I'm gone. Or if any of my siblings are gone. We don't have much time in this world, you know. I know that every generation has their ashes lined up in this large shrine in our estate. But if I die, if I don't live up to my family's expectations, I wonder if that's that only way I'll be missed. Just a jar in a room.

I'm not exactly being chatty myself. The trials begin today, the first day of scjool. There's no formal declaration or anything like that. There's just this understanding that my siblings and I will all have to challenge each other eventually. I mentally prepare myself for this. But it's hard to ignore this other slip of paper on my desk. I haven't heard from Madine in a while. I hear she's been planning to move away from town after this school year, to pursue a scholarship. Now I get this.

She wants to see me in town during lunch, somewhere near the cafeteria. I don't know why now and why there. But I suppose I'll find out soon enough.

I try to pen in this poem again, but I hear Lily groan in front of me and I lose focus again. No one seems to be in a pleasant mood this morning. Definitely the rain. There's something I can write about that, I'm just not sure what. Ugh. Okay, forget about this for a while. Might as well make conversation while there's no professor, only without deaths and secret letters.

I lean forward slightly and try to get Lily's attention. Ever since our brief conversation last week, I've been... I don't know, but I want to make a good impression to her. Even if I have no idea what to actually tell her, other than...

"I have hot chocolate, if that's alright."

Oh, I just blurt that out. Great.

quote:

Look/Origin
Serious, cold eyes, favorite

Stats

Moves
Old Family Friend
When you take your fourth harm, fall down dying. You can't avoid death, but you can transfer it to one of your remaining siblings. Death, be it as a robed figure or as a shadow in the door, comes for them instead of you. When you wake into life again, you're fully healed.
That is, unless your fourth harm is dealt by your secret weakness: Applewood. In that case your next remaining sibling inherits your powers, and you just die.

Inheritance of the Eldest
When someone with one of your Birthrights dies, whether by your hand or not, fill in that Birthright's circle.
Their gift is bestowed on you, and you've unlocked that power.

Firstborn
When you get someone to attend to your needs, perhaps combing your hair or bringing you a glass of water, gain a String on them.

Siblings/Birthrights

Kenichiro, who is 19
Pull The Strings: Siblings that you specify move their bodies exactly as you move yours until you let them stop.
College student, but currently on a break to manage the family store in Madison. Very much a schemer.

Yuuko, who is 18
An Inclusive Family: Characters with either the like a sister to me or like a brother to me Conditions count as your siblings.

Saori, who is 16
Brief Candles: When you kill someone, mark experience.
Hiroko's most immediate rival. Jealous, aggressive, and dangerous.

Koike, who is 15
Echo in Here: When you want a sibling to parrot back something you told them to remember, roll with dark. On a 10 up, they say it verbatim. On a 7-9, as above, but they sound like you when they say it.

Mitsuo, who is 15
Pluralize: If a Condition that you're handing out could apply to two people present, give it to both of them.

Kohaku, who is 14
You're All The Same: You can spend Strings on siblings interchangeably.
The youngest and least willing to fight. Hiroko is closer to Kohaku than her other siblings.

Mitama fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Aug 21, 2014

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Correction: she had a blue keyring on her desk. Now it's in the side pocket of my backpack. Even if she asks me about it, or even if she searches my backpack until she finds it, I've got plausible deniability. If she can hold onto a silly little clip from before we could do long division, then so could I.

But, just to better maintain my "innocence," I'm going to head over to talk to Alan across the room. Is he... wearing sunglasses? Today of all days, in the middle of a rainstorm? What a guy. Anyways, I kneel down by his desk, lean my arms on his books, and say, "Hey, Alan. How are things going?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Casey's magical profile flare up. Either he just said something particularly effective to poor, impressionable Tanner, or he's... manipulating it somehow to appear more trustworthy. But that can't be right, can it? I mean, Jasmine would have caught another witch, right?

ActingPower fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Aug 20, 2014

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Lily Green-Zuckermann
Exp: 1/5; Harm: 0/5; Conditions: --; Promises: Ms. Carmichael;
Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark 1

I sit up, twisting around in my seat to look at the girl behind me. Hiroko kind of comes off as a bit stiff and formal sometimes, but it's not like I actually know her well enough to trust in my first impression or anything. And even if it's not coffee, I'm not one to turn down free hot chocolate. "Okay, I'll take it," I say giving her a smirking smile. As I take the thermos from her, my fingers brush against hers for what seems like a long moment.

Turn Hiroko on: 2d6+2=12. I take a string on her.

"Thanks," I say, unscrewing the lid to let the rich, chocolatey smell waft up. I blow on it a bit before trying a sip. "I owe you a hot drink sometime, I guess," I add. The sugar's already waking me up, I think! And there's caffeine in chocolate too, right? It's also just nice to get a friendly gesture from someone who isn't trying to make fun of my hair or make me their new gay best friend/mascot or whatever.

Gazetteer fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Aug 20, 2014

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Shelly Partridge
Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5 | Conditions: None

What! What?! I freeze with my hand stuck in my backpack, totally forgetting to grab anything, instead running the message over and over again in my head. What the hell did this mean? Before who kills me? Who is she? Donny? What? The bottom of what? My backpack? At that I remember about my hand, and reach down to the very bottom of the bag, and grab whatever I find there, pulling it out, at the same time broadcasting a reply back to the future: Urgent, please resend message, repeat, please resend message.

As I turn a bit further to look, I see the girl behind me, Lana? staring in shock in my direction. Whats up with her? I reach my free hand up to lift my sunglasses back off my eyes, and give her a puzzled smile. "Whats up?" Is the her her? Probably not. It could be anyone! I try to focus on her though, since something is clearly wrong. Is it just me being covered in water? That probably does look kind of weird I guess. Is it what I'm holding? What did I pull out of my bag anyway?

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
No NPC prompts for Lily and Hiroko yet since they're interacting, it seems. If you're not, let me know and I'll add some prompts for you when I'm on break at work.

Sarah:
"Hey, you okay?" Zoe, sat one row to your right, leans over. "You've been kinda spaced out all morning. Did you have a late night or something?" On your left, Stephanie taps away at her phone, but she's probably eavesdropping, too.

Samantha:
"Hi there~" comes a cheery voice to your left. One of the new girls, Josie, the one who showed up to orientation with leopardprint tights and a permanent grin. "Sorry to bother you, but I kinda wanted to ask for a favour if you don't mind~?"

Tyler:
Alan grins back, pushing his sunglasses down the bridge of his nose so he can peer over them. Probably thinks it's cool to do that. "Not too bad, m'friend. Just keeping an eye on things. What do you think of the out-of-towners?" From the other side of the classroom, you can clearly hear that Melissa's realized her keyring is missing.

Jenny:
Speaking of which, you can hear the teachers' cars pulling up outside. There's still plenty of time before Homeroom starts, do you want to go investigate, or is there someone you'd rather mess with in the classroom?

Shelly:
Lana looks from the sunglass-covered eyes, to the pack of cigarettes Shelly just pulled out of her bag. "Uhm... N-nothing," she says, settling down somewhat, but still pretty tense. "Are you... okay? You... aren't supposed to smoke those indoors, you know..."

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Let's start with the easy one: Tanner knows I've been avoiding him ever since seeing his window. He doesn't know the details, but I think he thinks I know about him and Landon. And now I'm pretty sure he wants his deck back just to have some closure. But robbing me of a gift seems... wrong to me. So I'm just going to avoid him some more. Maybe he'll give up on it.

Now, that Ted guy. Glancing his direction makes me nauseous. During orientation, I saw him making out with his girlfriend and it just reeked of sin. That moment showed me everything he's done behind closed doors and it's disgusting. I know I've been vague about things, so let me be a little more clear:

He broke a lot of hearts, and this girl he has now will be the same. He's just waiting to cut the string.

Wait, 'smoke'? I peek to my left (as if I'm going to look right at all in the next hour) and say a little sternly, "Hey, aren't you too young to smoke anyway?"

quote:

Skin: The Unicorn

Look: Hairstyle under hood, solitary eyes
Origin: Our last hope

People Should Never
Be selfish, hurt the environment, do drugs, gamble, purposely scare someone, break the law, wish misfortune on others

Stats: Hot+1, Cold-1, Volatile+2, Dark-1, Integrity 0

With Integrity
You judge your own actions harshly, holding yourself to a high moral standard. You have a fifth stat to reflect this, which starts at zero and can climb to 3. Gain a point of Integrity when
- you take the moral highground about an issue that matters,
- You follow through on something important that you say you'll do.
You can gain up to 1 Integrity per scene. When a move calls for you to roll with integrity, erase 1 Integrity after you roll.

I Believe In You
When you believe in someone who has just done less than their best, make eye contact with them and roll with integrity (& then erase 1). On a 10 up, the roll they just made counts as a 10. On a 7-9, add 1 to the roll they just made. When time seems to stop and fate hangs in the balance, sometimes believing in somebody is enough.

Hunted
There are things that hunt you, things you often catch out of the corner of your eye. When one of them comes out into the open, choose:
- stand up to it and award yourself a point of Integrity,
- call out for help and anyone who comes to your rescue marks experience,
- look directly at it and ask the MC a question about your hunters.

Sex Moves
You have three intimacy moves:
When you lay your head in a virgin's lap, gain a point of Integrity and choose:
- give them 1 forward to protecting you,
- roll to turn them on.
When you kiss a nonvirgin, take 1 harm.
When you have sex, lose all your Integrity.

Darkest Self
This is it. Everything falls apart, and you can't hold it together anymore. It's not because everything is too much to bear - just that you aren't good enough. So beg their forgivenesses, everyone you've wronged by being too weak to help; and show them how sorry you are, in whatever small ways you can muster before the final curtain falls. Don't seek their acceptance. You don't deserve it. You escape your Darkest Self when someone reflects to you a glimmer of your own self worth.

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Aug 31, 2014

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Jenny

Jenny continues to watch the door expectantly, but her patience grows thinner and thinner until she snaps, glancing around the room to see... That Lana and Toby are no linger making lovey-dovey eyes at each other! Indeed, both her and that weirdo are focused on Shelly, of all people, who's... got a pack of cigarettes? In her hand, in class?? Come on, Shelly, you're supposed to be on top of things! Don't go flashing that around in class!

Jenny's nearby, leaning down and cutting in between Shelly and Lem, glancing to the side, and leans a bit, grabbing the pack and holding it up to Lem.
"They're not hers. She must've picked them up outside. See? They're soaked. Was just going to report them later, huh?"
Jenny glances at Shelly, eyebrow raised dubiously.
"Although I'm not sure why she grabbed them right now, hm?"

Shut down Lem 5. Welp.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Samantha McHale

Harm 0/4 / Exp 0/5

Samantha coughed and quickly wiped the stupid grin off her face. Now was probably not the time to think about after school business. She felt a bit awkward, though considerably less so once she saw who it was that was getting her attention. Every time Sam had seen Josie, she looked like she was on Cloud 9. It was sorta creepy actually.

"Uh, sure. Whatcha need?" Samantha asked warily.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Hey Jenny, take the Condition 'Fishy'. You jumped to the defence suspiciously quickly for such an obviously easy-to-explain matter!

Sam:

"Well, I'm new! And you've been around a while, so I was wondering if I could hang out with you, just so you can show me around this rustic little town~" a peek over her shoulder will reveal what's /probably/ the real reason she asked, as you can see Melissa, the bully that's taken to targetting Josie recently.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Hiroko Nakahara
Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5

"Oh, you don't owe me anything."

Okay, that sounds weird. Let's try that again.

"I mean, if you like to, I wouldn't mind." I say with a smile. A little better, yes. I try to ignore the tingle I feel right now from her touch earlier. It's such a small thing, but... there's something about her. Something ethereal that I can't exactly ignore. And I'm not just talking about her hair, either.

You know, I've haven't made a lot of friends ever since what happened with me and Madine. I feel like a fool, but maybe, slowly, I could try again. It's a new school year, after all.

"So," I say, then immediately mulling over what to say. Okay, icebreaker, icebreaker. "...where did you say you were from, again?"

Mitama fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Sep 8, 2014

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Alan posted:

"Not too bad, m'friend. Just keeping an eye on things. What do you think of the out-of-towners?"

"They're... all right, I guess. They mostly seem to be sticking to themselves. Is it just me, or are they all really weird? Josie up there's creepy, Lily's all mysterious, and Shelly..." We both turn around just as she starts whispering about killing and pulls out a pack of cigarettes from her backpack like it was nothing. "I don't even know what's up with her."

ActingPower fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Aug 21, 2014

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

I shot a glance to Stephanie on her phone typing away and Zoe's honest look of concern. I mean how do you tell her that? I mean I am here in some lovely skirt that is most likely last was used in 1970, and it has stains all over it cause I hosed up. "I'm okay, we will talk later, okay?" I hold her hand for a moment and squeeze it meaningfully my eyes glancing behind me for a moment, she was my bestie, she would know. I shake my head and stretch slowly in my seat, and curl and uncurl my toes in my shoes.

It seemed to the do trick and I looked over to Samantha, and then back to Zoe. With a bit of a sheet of notebook paper, I wrote down something quick to Sam with a bit of a smile on my lips.

"Sam,

I heard they totally freaked at you for the hallway incident. That was bullshit, like totally. If you need, in my gym locker I have a few baggy older uniforms I use in a pinch. idk if they will fit, but if they can help the are yours!

*~Sarah~*

P.S. WTF is up with Josie, idgi. lol"

After I had finished the note, and handed it to Zoe, being cool about it. "So Zoe, do you think we are going to go to that thing?" I say meaningfully. If Stephanie knew we were going to a concert she would freak, or at least tell like my mom or Zoe's mom or something. Zoe seemed to ponder it for the moment before slipping the note on Sam's desk at what I considered a stealthy approach. At least for me, who knows with whatever.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Lily Green-Zuckermann

"You know, the city," I say, taking another sip of the hot chocolate before handing the thermos back over. "Really good hot chocolate," I say. She must get the expensive kind. "And yeah, I'd like to -- I still don't know much of anyone around here. Or the town all that well." I've found my way to the library, and to a couple other choice locations, but the layout of the streets is kind of weird. And annoyingly, Madison is too small to have Google Street View so there's no turning to the Internet for guidance. So, okay, the request was more than slightly self serving, but if I can make a friend in the process, whatever, right?

"Are you free today, after school gets out?" I ask all of a sudden. "You could show me what a good place to get coffee is around here. I can only subsist on the stuff they sell at that gas station by the library for so long before I do something crazy, you know?" I give her a big, friendly smile to show I'm joking around.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Shelly Partridge
Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5 | Conditions: None

Err... Whoops. I drop the pack back into my bag like an ugly baby, and reach back in, turning slightly red. "Yeah, I'm fine. I uh, grabbed the wrong thing." I lean over my bag again, and search in it until I find something that I feel like could be reasonable to be looking for, an eraser, and set it on my desk before turning back to the sudden crowd. Wow, I guess pulling those out was a bigger mistake than I thought.

I look over at Lem as he butts in, then to Jenny when she comes up with a much better answer than I had in mind, and give her a brief smile before frowning at Lem again. "I was going to turn them in at lunch, and who are you anyway, the morality police?"

Shut down Lem
[19:47] <godfish> !r 2d6+1
[19:47] <Krysmbot> godfish, 4+1 = 5

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Hiroko Nakahara
Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5

"Oh sure, I'm free." I say, taking the thermos back from Lily. I won't see Madine until lunch, and tryouts for track team won't happen until next week. I want to pass by town to buy groceries, so might as well have someone come along, right?

Yes, that's what I tell myself.

I can't help but take notice of the thin lipstick stains on the rim of my thermos. Again, it's the small things that take me.

I pause, flip the container open, and take a sip as well.

"Yes, you could do better than the gas station." I add, smiling back. "We don't have a lot of chain stores here, but I know a coffee shop that will make you forget that Starbucks exists."

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark -1, Integrity 0
Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5

Of course I'm the morality police. I'm the one that keeps people like you from spoiling this town. Still, I guess they are wet...

"I'm just saying. Here, give them to me and I'll take them to the principal after class. I had a couple things I wanted to talk to him about anyway."

I don't trust those two (Shelly and Jenny) any farther than I can throw them. Throwing your health away for a little buzz is disgusting. There are better coping mechanisms that don't make your teeth rot. And lying about it is just rude... even if you aren't lying at all.

I do have a couple things to bring up with the principal. Like, why aren't there fines for Public Displays of Affection? It's gross to see kids kissing in the halls. Make them donate to the school or something, or at least separate them with detention.

I should become a hall monitor. Do we still have those? Eh, doesn't matter. Just want to get involved somehow.

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 31, 2014

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Jenny is Fishy

Jenny shrugs, rolling her eyes and waving her hand.
"Whatever. Personally I think the both of you could go, just so there's no misunderstandings, but if Shelly trusts you, then fine."
As she walks back she gives Lana a grin and a wink, nodding towards Toby, and continues on. There's a sense that she flops down in a chair... somewhere in the back of the room, but after a few moments the idea sort of fades away into not being a concern.

Jenny stares at the classroom, growing bored again, one eye on Toby and Lana, the other on anything similarly risky. Gradually, something starts to dig at her about that Lem kid's mention of talking to the principal.
About what? He's perfect. Was he late to class one day and is overdoing it on an apology or something?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Samantha McHale

Harm 0/4 / Exp 0/5

Sam took a second to think about Josie's question. It's not like there was any harm in it, she supposed, and seeing her next to Melissa made it easier to understand. The bitch had never given Sam a problem, but she might need to learn how to play nice soon enough. Guess Jeff was spared for one day at least. Looking back to Josie, Sam nodded, "Sure. You live in the dorms right? I can meet you there after school."

Rolling to turn Josie on: 10!

Leaning closer so she could whisper in Josie's ear, Sam quietly said, "Tell me if Melissa is giving you poo poo. I can take care of it." When Sam leaned back, she noticed a note from Sarah had found its way to her desk. Scribbling a reply, she passed it back once Josie wasn't looking her direction.

"thanks. showing josie around town after school wanna come?"

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Hey Shelly, give Lem a string, he's taking control of this situation!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Shelly Partridge

Ehh..... Well, I guess they are wet, and I'd already used most of them. I give Lem a shrug, then reach into my bag and pull them out again, tossing them lightly towards him. "Here, be my guest." With that, I turn towards the front of the class again and return to my thoughts about the garbled message I received. Its possible that the kill you section was attached to a much longer thought, like 'stop her giving you homework before the workload kills you.' I mean, I'm going to try and keep an eye on things, but until they send me a new reply, I shouldn't assume the worst.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Sarah:
"'Course we are." Zoe grins. "My brother's lending the textbooks, and my mom's already booked the place. It's going to be a good study session, that's for sure." Of course, by textbooks she means tickets, using her mother's credit card, and by study session she means concert.

Sam:
Josie flushes slightly. "Oh... thank you, very much for your concern. Melissa's just... expressing her friendliness in her own way, she's really not that bad, but thank you for being friendly too!" She gives out her dorm number and directions, but lingers instead of leaving. Eventually, she says "If we're out late, I'd like to pay for dinner - whichever restaurant you choose. Just... to show my appreciation."

Shelly:
The second reply from HQ is almost identical to the first, just adding at the end: 'Your message appears to be corrupted! This may be due to a fault with our computers, or the existance of a temporal fault in your near proximity! Please send a support ticket, and we will amend the matter as soon as possible!'

Tyler:
"They're all total creepazoids, so nah, it ain't just you who sees it, but it's not even like it's just them." Alan pushes his glasses back up. "Just look at Lemmy, he's just as much of a creep; or Hiroko and her whole weird 'straight out of an anime' family... sometimes it feels like you and me are the only normal people here."

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Lily Green-Zuckermann

"Sounds great," I say. I twist around in my seat so that I'm facing Hiroko properly. I think this is actually the first time I've had a conversation with her. I know that she's local, and her family is weird and rich or something, but that's about it. "You live in that house with like, that big fancy gate and stuff, right?" The one that looks like it was airdropped in from feudal Japan, I don't add. I admit, I kind of stood and stared for a while the first time I passed by it.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

"Oh that is awesome! I owe you like anything you ever wanted for that study session. Love you forever." I said with a bright smile. slipped my hand into hers again to extract the note from her hand and look at Sam's proposal. Zoe was going to have choir tonight and she was going to have to lay low for the concert, I might as well make friends with Sam. Zoe was always on me to like go out and talk to people, I think it is because my dad died and stuff.

Tagging my red pen, I start writing in very fluid and expressive strokes.

"Sam,

Count me in, I will be there! Sounds fun. Where you wanna meet?

~Sarah"

With a smooth move I give Zoe a shoulder to shoulder bump and pass her the note back, whispering in her ear, "Going to hang with Sam tonight. See ya later on late if I have time, cool?" I grin and wink, "See, I do listen to you." I said a little more loudly, and teasingly.

That was when Stephanie saw her chance saying, "I see you both are at that again. You both wonder why no boy will even look at you." She snarks at us and I look at her with venom. If I could stab her every night, life would be so much loving better I swear to god. But she was also implying that- I and Zoe- were you- know...

I blushed bright red without being able to help it. "Ma-ybe, that is why you don't have any friends at all. Besties before boys, of course, not something YOU would understand at all." I spat at her with all the embarrassed venom I could manage at the time. I gave Zoe a hug and she said, "Yeah, gently caress off Stephanie!" She added with a bit of her own venom and in that moment I loved Zoe the most ever. Best friends for loving ever.

SHUTTING DOWN THE MYER, 2d6-1 → [5,4,-1] = (8) Giving her condition, "Friendless Loser"

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Jenny is Fishy

Jenny's eyes are jerked away from boring holes of pure suspicion into the back of Lem's neck to focus on... Sam and Josie! Excellent.
She resists the initial urge to do... something, having enough sense not to spoil the mood, but leans back, attention flickering between Lana & Toby, Josie & Sam, and then Lem.
Grrr.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Hiroko Nakahara
Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5

"Yes. We do guided tours during the weekends, if you're interested." I say with a wry smile. I'm only half-joking, as my family loves to accommodate visitors for tea. It helps a family like ours put up a welcoming facade around here. "It's... very traditional, I admit. My family's lived there for over a century. Just here, isolated in Madison, until this school comes along. Hard to believe, is it?"

I try to ignore the shouting and taunting nearby. Looks like a lot of these city (?) kids can't even act civil without a teacher around.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark -1, Integrity 0
Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5

"Thanks." I put the cigarettes in my backpack pocket, in a little Ziploc bag so I don't have to feel the nicotine on my skin longer than I have to. Then I turn my head to Jenny, who's whipping her head around between me and the other students. The second time she looks my way, I wink and stick my tongue out. "Don't be so serious all the time, Jen." I take off my hood and shake out my hair. There's always this cowlick on my crown, kinda poking to the right. I never bother with it.

Mostly because I can't afford hair products.

But I'm just letting her know that I can cut loose a little. I realize I might have made a bad impression on her and Shelly, so I think I'll try to be their friend for a little.

Unless they actually smoke, in which case I'm dropping them like their bad habit. Still, Jenny could use some cheering up.

Turning on Jenny.

<Krysmbot> RWT, 9+1 = 10

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 31, 2014

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Jenny is Fishy

When Jenny glances back at Lem, he's... looking back at her, okay sure, she could calm down some, but then he... winks?? And sticks his tongue out and does this really cute hair flick thing, and tells her not to be so serious all the time???
!!!
That little weirdo! What's he playing at? Is he... is his obnoxious good guy thing just an act? That's... evil. Hmm, never tried that. Well not for nearly as long as he's going for, only for quick bursts, but having that act up 24/7? Must be tiring... or maybe not, maybe it's refreshing? Invigorating, even, pulling one over like that. Might be fun to try... would he want to have someone working it with him. Maybe drop the whole anti-kissing thing, that's a stretch for anyone to take seriously and it's just mean, but otherwise... grind people's gears, especially that obnoxious Melissa, gum up the administration with obnoxious trivia, hmm... still sounds exhausting. Maybe he could use part-time help? Snooping around, setting traps, until it gets boring...

Jenny's been frozen for what feels like minutes, staring at Lem, but gradually her mouth twists up into a sharp grin, and she winks back, giving him a short nod before turning her attention back to the door, and Carmichael's arrival. This is going to be a fun day.

1 string to Lem.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Shelly Partridge

Wow did he actually just put it into a plastic bag? Holy poo poo, maybe he has like OCD or something. People still get that this far back, right? I guess I shouldn't judge him so much for that then? On the other hand he doesn't have to be an rear end in a top hat about it. I frown vaguely in his direction before I return my attention to the message I just got, which makes my mood even worse than before. Seriously?! I am going to punch the crap out of our tech support team when I get back.

Still rather grumpy, I get to work filling out the support ticket, only vaguely aware of the fight going on a few rows in front of me.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Lily Green-Zuckermann

"I wouldn't mind a 'tour' sometime if you're offering!" I say, smiling my biggest smile. I'm being honest here -- it's a pretty impressive building, from what little I've seen of it. It would be interesting to see the inside of it, or even just the inside of that wall. My family lives in a two bedroom apartment; pretty nice, honestly, but cozy to say the least.

I get distracted, momentarily, by the outburst from the girl who sits two desks in front of me. Sarah, I think? I don't actually remember the name of that girl she's hugging, but they're both pretty angry at Stephanie. I guess I should expect that from some of the local students; when you go to school with someone since elementary, grudges can get pretty bitter and last a long time. I lean forward closer to Hiroko, so that I can talk while making sure that Sarah can't overhear me. "Do those three always go at it like that?" I ask, unable to hide my curiosity. "That Sarah chick seems pretty angry. Seems like there's a history."

Gazetteer fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Aug 22, 2014

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Sarah, take the condition 'More than Friends', it hasn't escaped peoples' attention just how forcefully you responded to Stephanie's accusation!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5 | Conditions: More than Friends...

Letting go of Zoe, I sat back down in my seat and then put my pen to paper. This was going to be like all the smooth moves, I have taken to get it to work, and I knew it was going to take a lot. Lem was a total dreamboat, but I had to do damage control, I mean how long before Stephanie like totally took out my chances at like a date. I mean, he barely looked at me in class at all, and that kinda sucked. Ugh, I hate this, why can't I just be like I am with Zoe? I could do anything with her.

"Lem,

Hey, do you want to go to a Concert later. It would be really cool if we could like go together. Zoe would be there too! So it would be pretty awesome all around. I thought it might be nice to unwind after dealing with the black stuffs. Like we were going to do later?

I hear it is the No Fun At All band playing. You might like it! I mean we would pay the whole way and stuff, and it would be fun!

~Sarah"

I slipped the note back to Zoe who rolled her eyes and mutters something about him being a total rear end in a top hat as she passes it down, and I gave a hurt look at Zoe. She never understood why Zoe was so weird about Lem she was totally cool when she was crushing on others, but Lem kinda pissed her off. I don't know why, but oh well.

Offer a xp to Lem to go to the concert with Sarah! :ohdear: using a string

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Aug 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Hiroko Nakahara
Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5

"Ever since last year." I discreetly lean left to glance at that ugly mess up on the front row. "Two of them are best friends, and Stephanie there has some grudge on one of them, I think Sarah. Stephanie keeps calling her a boy after losing to her at track and volleyball so many times. Now it's blown up to this."

I admit, I get a little jealous whenever I see Sarah get cozy with Zoe like that. Must be nice to get that close with someone without getting scared about it. I mean, you know...

"Sarah's my rival in the track team." I snap back to face Lily before those anyone notices me snooping. "We've been trying to beat each other since last year, but the score between us always evens out."

A bit of Hiroko's hair falls over her eyes as she turns back to Lily. While she talks, she brushes back her hair in place with her hand, in a manner more dramatic than it should be.

"If you want to visit the estate later, I'm sure my family wouldn't mind guests tonight."

Turning On Lily: 7-1 = 6. Welp, gonna spend the string I have on her to make it a 7.

Mitama fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 23, 2014

• Locked thread