Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«44 »
Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Al Baron posted:

Wait, so you're available for the 2nd? I thought you were going to be occupied? At least by what kaynorr has posted, anyway.

got it cleared up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Herr Tog posted:

got it cleared up

Well poo poo then, real certified-authentic D&D will happen next Tuesday!

kaynorr fucked around with this message at Dec 28, 2017 around 22:08

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

Next Tuesday means tomorrow, right? That's when we're playing?

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Next Tuesday means tomorrow, right? That's when we're playing?

Your calculations are correct. The stars have aligned, and the portents are not just favorable but DEMANDING that we play tonight. There is not much that is assured in this new year of 2018, but I can almost guarantee that tonight's session will not live up to the hype. Maybe. Depends upon how excited y'all are for it. It will definitely be A Thing. A Thing that happens tonight, Tuesday, January 2nd at 7 PM PST.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

kaynorr posted:

Your calculations are correct. The stars have aligned, and the portents are not just favorable but DEMANDING that we play tonight. There is not much that is assured in this new year of 2018, but I can almost guarantee that tonight's session will not live up to the hype. Maybe. Depends upon how excited y'all are for it. It will definitely be A Thing. A Thing that happens tonight, Tuesday, January 2nd at 7 PM PST.

wow lowered expectations?!?!?!

I need this to be the best session we've ever had to start off 2018 right!

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

I'mma kill a guy

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

This is the session where a PC dies

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Gharbad the Weak posted:

This is the session where a PC dies

the demon needs a new rig anyhow

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Gimme ten minutes

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

No one named technically died. This feels weird.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

How would you tell? You didn't even remember who your girlfriend was

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Gharbad the Weak posted:

How would you tell? You didn't even remember who your girlfriend was

she is not a construct.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Herr Tog posted:

she is not a construct.

Probably not. Almost definitely not.

Maybe. You should ask her, I'm sure she'll tell you.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

kaynorr posted:

Probably not. Almost definitely not.

Maybe. You should ask her, I'm sure she'll tell you.

Everything is lies

Also for the 9th I won't be free. Work poo poo

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

With both Herr Togo and Cerepol unavailable this Tuesday, we're back to board game night. After another trip into Steam's catalog, Lords of Waterdeep is looking like the winner. Tabletop Simulator is more hank than I want to deal with right now, and (sorry Gharbad) I can't find anything that's purely co-operative so we'll have to maintain civility while being at each other's throats.

Feedback? Would folks like to do this on Tuesday as opposed to just chilling out?

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

I'm down for whatever.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

The blessings of Avandra have gone forth.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Will be a bit late for board games maybe 15-20 min.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

How'd it go?

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Herr Tog posted:

How'd it go?

As a result of me not understanding how the game clock worked, TheDemon ended up timed out of the last ~2 turns of the game, which did not prevent him from winning anyway. Some combination of his extremely smart play and the AI not being a complete fuckup.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

How's stuff looking for this week?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

I'm good to go.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Herr Tog posted:

How'd it go?

It's a fun game but also requires a fair bit of reading and kind of quiet. Although that may have just been because the players were me, Kaynorr, and Al Baron. Probably a good kind of game to have a conversation over, since a lot of time is spent waiting for someone else to do their turn.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

TheDemon posted:

It's a fun game but also requires a fair bit of reading and kind of quiet. Although that may have just been because the players were me, Kaynorr, and Al Baron. Probably a good kind of game to have a conversation over, since a lot of time is spent waiting for someone else to do their turn.

Yeah, it's a lot like Settlers of Catan or Carcasonne in that almost all the interaction between players is indirect in terms of being the first to grab a resource or finish a quest. I'll cop to watching GDQ on another montitor so I wasn't as talkative as I could have been.

Tonight, though, we return to Seaquen which has 18 hours to prepare for the world's first aerial army insertion. Khagan Onamdammin has brought several thousand of his close personal friends to the christening of the Tempest, it would be embarrassing to show up with less. There are decisions to be made, preparations to be prepared, and tearful goodbyes to be said. IT'S WAR BABY, and it starts tonight Tuesday, January 16 at 7 PM PST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

Hey guys, what did I miss?

«44 »