Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
phone died in the hills and then i got lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
A co-worker is moving and some folks wanna get together to send her off monday night.

Are we on for monday?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Herr Tog posted:

A co-worker is moving and some folks wanna get together to send her off monday night.

Are we on for monday?

If it's not on I won't have to rush back from my friends (as it's a holiday for me!)

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Cerepol posted:

If it's not on I won't have to rush back from my friends (as it's a holiday for me!)

Oh, Canada :d

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

We are very on. I'm not on-call anymore so work will leave me alone. Things have cooled down a bit so my internet should be stable. I am amped, let's loving do this tonight Monday, August 7th at 7 PM PST.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

i like that we've gone through several kaynorr stupid newbie avs at this point.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Cerepol posted:

i like that we've gone through several kaynorr stupid newbie avs at this point.

this ones is my least favorite. Twitter kaynorr at least has a nice haircut.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Oh, we're supposed to ask about the Torch of the Burning Sky being used as a weapon.

25: Lose Menacing Shadow, gain Discipline the Unruly
Retrain: Imperious Majesty->Paladin's Truth. I'll drop in the initiative order, but now if I mark a creature I can completely ignore resistances and immunities.
Buy: Khyber Shard of the Fiery Depths, 325k, Dice of Auspicious Fortune 9k.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 8, 2017

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Herr Tog posted:

this ones is my least favorite. Twitter kaynorr at least has a nice haircut.

My goal is to piss someone off enough (probably in a D&D thread) to redtext/avatar me. Apparently my posting isn't bad enough.

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Oh, we're supposed to ask about the Torch of the Burning Sky being used as a weapon.

I'll have this ready for tonight.

Gate Pass is free, but the clock is ticking until the Festival of Dreams and the world still needs saving. Level up to 25, spend your appallingly large amounts of gold, and make plans for the future tonight Monday, August 14th at 7 PM PST.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
D25: Quicksilver Blade (lose Temple of Brilliance)
Retrain utility power: Eldritch Speed (lose Holy Blessing)
Bonus retrain utility power: Warp in the Weave (lose Swordmage's Decree)
Acolyte Power altered to replace Aegis of Lost Souls with Ethereal Sidestep (lose Aegis of Lost Souls, regain Avenger's Readiness)

Utility power list should now be:
Eldritch Speed (Swordmage 2)
Warp in the Weave (Skill Power 6)
Avenger's Readiness (Avenger 10)
Ethereal Sidestep (Warlock 10 replacing Swordmage 16)
Oni's Blessing (Swordmage 22)

Sell:
Cloak of Translocation +2 (4200/2 = 2100)
Flowform Armor +1 (840/2 = 420)
Staff of Tongues +2 (520/2 = 260)
Strikebacks (5000/2 = 2500)

Purchase:
Staff of Psicraft +3 (25000)
Many-Fingered Gloves (125000)
29x Elixir of Aptitude (paragon tier) (29000)
10x Talent Shard (level 18) (34000)
1x Unguent of Blindsight (epic tier) (9000)

Accounting
+5280
+70000 saved credit
=
-146720 gold

Not sure the exact amount I have saved but it's over 300k.

UPDATED WISHLIST:
Siberys Shard of Radiance (epic tier) (23)
Legendary Heavy Flail +5 (25)
Iron Armbands of Power (epic tier) (26)
Shadow Band (27)
Boots of Teleportation (28)
Solitaire (Violet) (26)

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
D25 - Visceral Strike (replaces Knockout)

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
family member's birthday today. Will try to make it

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Updated Wish List:

28: Meliorating Godplate +6!
29: Ring of Free Time
Some kinda improvement on my helmet?
30: Shield of Ultimate Protection

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Sep 12, 2017

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

I hope no one blinded themselves at today's eclipse. Assuming you all used the proper protection, game is on for tonight Monday, August 21st at 7 PM PST. The secrets of Metamorphosis' final legacy will be unveiled, memories sifted and ancient truths revealed. Maybe.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
"Turns out this was all a dream, but I kept y'alls level 1 character sheets so we should be fine."

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
By the way: do I know what makes the torch happy, vs what makes the torch not happy? Is it one of those things where it's more powerful if I make it happy?

Edit: I'd be ok if this weren't the case and we just kinda handwaved "here's a new thing you can do" on occasion.

edit: This is a note to me to switch out Killing Flames for Delbun's Eye next level, because I just don't get to use Killing Flames often enough. If I can get a late power swap (I haven't used Killing Flames since we hit 25), I'd appreciate it, but I also understand if I need to wait to 26.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 22, 2017

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i suck, i told other humans I was camping but not my dnd humans

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Herr Tog posted:

i suck, i told other humans I was camping but not my dnd humans

You made it back safely, which is no small feat. Some of those wilderness encounter tables are brutal. Even more so in an ephemeral dreamscape! We'll see how many hexes you can crawl tonight Monday, August 28th, at 7 PM PST.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaynorr posted:

You made it back safely, which is no small feat. Some of those wilderness encounter tables are brutal. Even more so in an ephemeral dreamscape! We'll see how many hexes you can crawl tonight Monday, August 28th, at 7 PM PST.

there were sulfer pits, deer, and the swiss!

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Herr Tog posted:

there were sulfer pits, deer, and the swiss!

and amaerican with dead car batteries in their rental cars.

also tomorrow I might not be bale to make it since I am not sure when I can excape/shut down the cook out.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Sorry about the late notice but no game tonight due to exigent circumstances. Go out there and get drunk, cook some hot dogs, and seize the means of production!

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaynorr posted:

Sorry about the late notice but no game tonight due to exigent circumstances. Go out there and get drunk, cook some hot dogs, and seize the means of production!

hell yes

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
We good for the game today, kaynorr?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

kaynorr posted:

I am ashamed to report that I did not sieze the means of production or get drunk, but I did a bit of the funky grass if that helps. (also pizza)

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

The Stormbreakers' adventures in the dream realm continue. Although Sagarmar "Monty" Montrezor may not have turned out to be the best host, things can only get better from here. Travel deeper into the sky of dreams tonight, September 11th, at 7 PM PST.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
maybe a bit late, leaving myself in mumble

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Updated Wish List:

28: Meliorating Godplate +6!
29: Ring of Free Time
30: Shield of Ultimate Protection

Every helmet I can think of eventually loses out to "+2 defenses for at least the first round, and possibly for much longer."

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Sep 27, 2017

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Sorry, I had an interview today and was stressing about that yesterday evening and d&d slipped the mind!

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

TheDemon posted:

Sorry, I had an interview today and was stressing about that yesterday evening and d&d slipped the mind!

Would you believe you missed an encounter without any auras? No, you shouldn't because there wasn't. But a rousing game of keep-away was played with a childish trillith, and an ambush with someone who is absolutely not Undead Female Thor is about to begin. Absolutely. Not.

I hope the interview went well.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaynorr posted:

Would you believe you missed an encounter without any auras? No, you shouldn't because there wasn't. But a rousing game of keep-away was played with a childish trillith, and an ambush with someone who is absolutely not Undead Female Thor is about to begin. Absolutely. Not.

guys we need to buy kaynorr an av

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

kaynorr posted:

"Ambush"

You think you surprised us? No it is us that have the upper hand!

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Cerepol posted:

"Ambush"

You think you surprised us? No it is us that have the upper hand!

You only think you have the upper hand! You have moved right into my trap!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0mQzTDDD8w

With that Spiral Tactician feature, I'm pretty sure that enemies are literally better off never ambushing you. At least then the opposition (you guys) don't get a full round of actions while the so-called ambushers just get a surprise round. That look on their face is pretty great, though.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaynorr posted:

You only think you have the upper hand! You have moved right into my trap!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0mQzTDDD8w

With that Spiral Tactician feature, I'm pretty sure that enemies are literally better off never ambushing you. At least then the opposition (you guys) don't get a full round of actions while the so-called ambushers just get a surprise round. That look on their face is pretty great, though.

amazing

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Here's something I don't know about 4e rules.

Spiral Tactician lets me take an action during the surprise round. Which means that I'm aware of the situation, and effectively not surprised.

Can I use an immediate action? Is that immediate action the one move I can do? Can I do a move, and an immediate action, during the surprise round?

There has to be a ruling of some sort, because of stuff like the Battlefield Archer's Combined Fire is a reaction that one could feasibly use in a surprise round. Someone's figured this out before.

edit: I threw the question in the 4e thread. I know I've read specifically you can't use APs on surprise rounds, but I've got nothing on triggered reactions/interrupts.

Edit 2: Here's the talk:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3605446&pagenumber=193&perpage=40#post476365482

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 13, 2017

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
Just want to know. We good for tomorrow?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Don't see why we wouldn't be, at this point.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Don't see why we wouldn't be, at this point.

:same:

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Al Baron posted:

Just want to know. We good for tomorrow?

Monday, Monday, MONDAY. Prepare yourself for THREE FULL HOURS of intense tactical fantasy adventure! Witness an unbroken string of crits from Capmor, the incarnation of death. Marvel at the abuse of the hybrid class system by not one, but two charop pros! You'll pay for the entire combat turn but you'll only use THE SURPRISE ROUND!!! Gates open tonight, September 18th at 7 PM PST for an all ages show of magical mayhem and dream destruction. BE THERE!!!!

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

kaynorr posted:

Monday, Monday, MONDAY. Prepare yourself for THREE FULL HOURS of intense tactical fantasy adventure! Witness an unbroken string of crits from Capmor, the incarnation of death. Marvel at the abuse of the hybrid class system by not one, but two charop pros! You'll pay for the entire combat turn but you'll only use THE SURPRISE ROUND!!! Gates open tonight, September 18th at 7 PM PST for an all ages show of magical mayhem and dream destruction. BE THERE!!!!

I really enjoy these little hype thingies. I've enjoyed them for some time. Just thought you should know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaynorr posted:

this...this shoud be a tweet that someone frames man.

• Locked thread