Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I believe so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I'm down

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Al Baron posted:

Hey, just wanted to make sure: we're meeting tomorrow night, right?

Correct, Tuesday is the new Monday.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

kaynorr posted:

Correct, Tuesday is the new Monday.

And Tuesday has arrived. We continue our re-acquaintance with the Tomb of the Pyromancer tonight Tuesday, November 28th at 7 PM PST.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Tomorrow ?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Tuesday. Today.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Yes, today is Tuesday. But sadly no, we will not be having game today. My travel plans have changed and now I have to catch a 5:30 AM flight tomorrow which means an ungodly number of awful things for tonight. So regretfully, the Pryomancer's Tomb will need to remain un-pilfered for another week. Sorry folks, we'll be back on track next week.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
stupid globalization delivering cheap goods of dubious quality, giving competitive wages for localized services and making sure no one works 9am to 5pm anymore.

Herr Tog fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 6, 2017

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Global capitalism is blameless this time, it's a family trip including wedding planning shenanigans. That said, gently caress capitalism.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Large, expensive weddings as a symptom of capitalism

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaynorr posted:

Global capitalism is blameless this time, it's a family trip including wedding planning shenanigans. That said, gently caress capitalism.

THIS TIME.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
Hey are we good for tomorrow?

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
There's a possibility that I might be late tomorrow as I have to make it back from a class all the way across the city and then have dinner in less than an hour before we begin. I'll appear, just don't wait for me.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

I'm back from distant shores, so let's resume the pillaging of the Pyromancer's Tomb and the search for a cure for Kristin. The action returns tonight Tuesday, December 12th at 7 PM PST. Depending upon pacing we may end early, but there will probably be a chance for shopping tonight so make up your list and check it twice. Avandra will decide if you've been naughty or nice.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Hey, I hope it's not the case, but I may be a little late. Probably not but its possible.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Once we're all assembled, the adventure will resume in the general vicinity of Tuesday, December 19th at 7 PM PST. The Pyromancer's Tomb is a smoking slag of ruin, the Stormbreakers return to Seaquen with Kristin in dire straights, and other people in the city are having a very busy night....

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Can we confirm or deny the presence of a tog?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
hold me to the light and see my second face.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I won't be late

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Herr Tog posted:

hold me to the light and see my second face.

I'm here, sorry.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

wheres everyone!?!?1
aka I'm late and sorry

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
...oh, wow. I completely missed this. I'm so, so sorry. I had a lot on my mind today (I picked today to work, honestly) and I just forgot about it.

I'm assuming the game was called?

Al Baron fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Dec 20, 2017

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Al Baron posted:

...oh, wow. I completely missed this. I'm so, so sorry. I had a lot on my mind today (I pick today to work, honestly) and I just forgot about it.

I'm assuming the game was called?

It was called but more importantly: Are you and your dog okay? I was worried

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007

Herr Tog posted:

It was called but more importantly: Are you and your dog okay? I was worried

We're fine.

This sucks since I'm pretty sure this was probably the last time we would have a session this year and/or for a couple of weeks?

At least, I'm assuming we're not meeting next week.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
It may be a bit.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

No game until January 9th due to Herr Tog's absence on the 2nd. HOWEVER, 2018 will be the year I start playing board games on Steam with my friends, so I'd like to try and have board game night on the 2nd. Submitted for your consideration:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/369990/Gremlins_Inc/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/663380/Tales_from_Candlekeep_Tomb_of_Annihilation/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/247000/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/358460/Talisman_The_Horus_Heresy/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1

These all seem to be solid Steam board games that support five players (there were a number I had to eliminate because they were only four players). Take a look and vote!

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

kaynorr posted:

No game until January 9th due to Herr Tog's absence on the 2nd. HOWEVER, 2018 will be the year I start playing board games on Steam with my friends, so I'd like to try and have board game night on the 2nd. Submitted for your consideration:

These all seem to be solid Steam board games that support five players (there were a number I had to eliminate because they were only four players). Take a look and vote!

I will be in Virginia on the 9th!

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
Candlekeep is single player at the moment but co-op is coming. I do have Talisman, though.

Also, I have TTS if that's an option you want to explore.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Al Baron posted:

Candlekeep is single player at the moment but co-op is coming. I do have Talisman, though.

Also, I have TTS if that's an option you want to explore.

I offer another choice as humble recompense for my error:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/644390/DD_Lords_of_Waterdeep/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1

If you have a particular TTS game that you recommend, I'm down.

Cerepol posted:

I will be in Virginia on the 9th!

Welp, two weeks of BOARD GAME MADNESS then. Next game is January 16th.

kaynorr fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Dec 22, 2017

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Of these games are we thinking the games vanilla of required DLC? Also please no talisman.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Herr Tog posted:

Of these games are we thinking the games vanilla of required DLC? Also please no talisman.

Just vanilla. I'll pick up the tab for the group, I've got some Steam money burning a hole in my pocket and this is my idiot idea in the first place.

Talisman has been voted off the island. How do you feel about Warhamster 40K themed Talisman?

Also, the lack of a computerized version of Arkham Horror and Android is positively criminal.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Waterdeep is a good rear end loving game

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
There actually is an Arkham Horror module for TTS...but it's kinda low-res and some cards are blank due to missing images. I honestly not that huge with board games so I couldn't make an recommendations but this module of Betrayal at House on the Hill works well, if you want to play that.

I could do Waterdeep since a recent update made it cross-play with mobile.

Al Baron fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 22, 2017

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
How many of these games are cooperative vs competitive?

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Gharbad the Weak posted:

How many of these games are cooperative vs competitive?

They're all competitive. If you want something cooperative I'm sure that can be arranged.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaynorr posted:

They're all competitive. If you want something cooperative I'm sure that can be arranged.

Mysterium can be cooperative~

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Yeah, I have the tendency to either get really stressed in competitive games, or just become viciously (in an unfun for other people way) competitive.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
So have we decided on what we're going to do for the 2nd?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I should be good to go then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007

Herr Tog posted:

I should be good to go then
Wait, so you're available for the 2nd? I thought you were going to be occupied? At least by what kaynorr has posted, anyway.

• Locked thread